Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Are We Truly The African Champions? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Are We Truly The African Champions? (542 Views)

Nigeria To Host African Champions / Ivory Coast Crowned African Champions After Dramatic Final / African Champions MY FOOT!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Truly The African Champions? by itsabdul(m): 9:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
From what the super eagles have played so far, it makes me wondering if we are truly the African champions.
* Our football lacked expertise
* 80% of our passes gets blocked by opponents, or don't even reach target.
* Our strikers lack mutual understanding.
* We don't have a particular style of play, a common sense is used by the opponents to intercept our ball.
* We lack good midfielders. Mikel to be precise is a player Nigeria needs to get rid of and find a better substitute. It's either he slows down what should be a counter attack for us, or completely losses possession.

Our problems are just too many, now I realized that our AFCON championship is a fluke, and if truly its by merit, then I Pity African Football.
Re: Are We Truly The African Champions? by kudoxs(m): 9:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
whoelse! we are the defending champion whether we like it or not.

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly The African Champions? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
na germany get am ooo.....na dem be truely word champions combine all the continent join.....naija always big fish in a small river...i dnt believe in this team...
Re: Are We Truly The African Champions? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:24am On Sep 11, 2014
itsabdul: From what the super eagles have played so far, it makes me wondering if we are truly the African champions.
* We don't have a particular style of play, a common sense is used by the opponents to intercept our ball.
* We lack good midfielders. Mikel to be precise is a player Nigeria needs to get rid of and find a better substitute. It's either he slows down what should be a counter attack for us, or completely losses possession.

Our problems are just too many, now I realized that our AFCON championship is a fluke, and if truly its by merit, then I Pity African Football.
Na wa for you. If 80% of our passes were blocked by the opponents, how come after the first half, possession was South Africa 44% - 56% Nigeria.

Mikel had a good game but you criticized him.
Re: Are We Truly The African Champions? by bizibrain(m): 8:21am On Sep 11, 2014
Nigerians always asking d wrong question, even d deaf and dumb knows we are africa champion.

The question is can we defend our trophy?
Re: Are We Truly The African Champions? by itsabdul(m): 11:12am On Sep 11, 2014
bizibrain: Nigerians always asking d wrong question, even d deaf and dumb knows we are africa champion.

The question is can we defend our trophy?
please don't get me wrong, the question I posed is a broad one, not referring to what you are saying only.
Re: Are We Truly The African Champions? by dabossman(m): 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
itsabdul: From what the super eagles have played so far, it makes me wondering if we are truly the African champions.

Bro, that's like asking if France were World and European Champions at Korea/Japan 2002 or if Spain were World and European Champions at the last World Cup. They both crashed out at the group stage defending their title.

We are African Champions, but can we defend our title? Probably not. I'm more interested in developing our football and introducing new talent.

(1) (Reply)

Make Atleast 150000 In Two Weeks Through VFL With Just 500 Naira / Analysis of Nigeria Sports in 54years / President Jonathan Hosts Nigerian Atheletes-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.