Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

How Do I Kill A Catfish? - Please Help!!! - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Kill A Catfish? - Please Help!!! (7834 Views)

Oven Dried Catfish For Sale. Fully Spiced With Medicinal Herbs / Xmas Xtra.. Some Guys Cant Kill A fowl Come And Confess If You Cant :D / How Nutritious Is Nigerian Catfish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Kill A Catfish? - Please Help!!! by houseoffufu(m): 5:04am On Sep 11, 2014
Just chop the head off. You need to take the skin off though. Catfish skin is like leather. You can't eat that skin and it tastes like dirt. Best thing is get some pliers and pull it off in one piece like you're taking off a sock. But be CAREFUL, catfish has sharp fins that will cut you and the cuts get infected quick. When you're done, if you can, soak in milk for a bit in the refrigerator or on ice. That takes some of the mud taste out of the fish which always sits at the bottom of the river.
Re: How Do I Kill A Catfish? - Please Help!!! by bosunjohns(m): 6:55am On Sep 11, 2014
houseoffufu: Just chop the head off. You need to take the skin off though. Catfish skin is like leather. You can't eat that skin and it tastes like dirt. Best thing is get some pliers and pull it off in one piece like you're taking off a sock. But be CAREFUL, catfish has sharp fins that will cut you and the cuts get infected quick. When you're done, if you can, soak in milk for a bit in the refrigerator or on ice. That takes some of the mud taste out of the fish which always sits at the bottom of the river.
Thanks. But please, I'm not sure how to pull off the skin. Someone told me I have to wash it with alum. Is that necessary?
Re: How Do I Kill A Catfish? - Please Help!!! by bosunjohns(m): 1:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
Somebody Help!!!
Re: How Do I Kill A Catfish? - Please Help!!! by sheunfemix: 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
Help for what again?.. D catfish came alive in ur tummy? tongue

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Kill A Catfish? - Please Help!!! by bosunjohns(m): 6:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
sheunfemix: Help for what again?.. D catfish came alive in ur tummy? tongue
Nooooo. I've not even cook the catfish sef. What the best method in cooking and spicing this thing
Na wa o. I don tire sef.
Re: How Do I Kill A Catfish? - Please Help!!! by aydelicious: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
Use this step to kill it
firstly =>find a plastic with a cover,then put the fish in to it, then add three salt spoon you use to eat at home,cover it about 4 minute or 5 minute cut it to the sizes you want,you can now use the alome to clean it,when it is not drowing in your hand,you can now place it at a side then place your pot on a cooking gas,add your red oil let it fried about 4 minute add your freash pepper cover it let it cook about 15 minute when it showing on its face is cooked.add your salt and maggi and other things you feel like add to it,cover it about 5 mimut then now add your fish you place at a side,when you have add it,cover it about 7 minute after that sarve it.....
bosunjohns: Dear NL members, a neighbor just gave me a life catfish this evening. Its very big and I must say that I'm scared even going near it because of its reactions. Its alive and I can't find someone to help kill it. Please help,what's the easiest way to kill this thing?

Modified:
Now that I can successfully kill the fish. I want people with experimence in the cooking art to please give me the best recipe for this meal. I will make sure it's dead tonight. I need clues on how to clean it, remove the entrails and cook it to make it enjoyable. I can't wait. grin
Re: How Do I Kill A Catfish? - Please Help!!! by sheunfemix: 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
After killing it, cut it up and clean it. Marinade it by adding salt and oda spices u like maybe crush ginger and garlic, black pepper, thyme and and maggi. After that, cover it up and let it sit for at least 15minutes. The wen u have decided on how u wanna cook it, fried, pepper soup, or with Egusi soup. Holla wink
Re: How Do I Kill A Catfish? - Please Help!!! by bosunjohns(m): 10:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
aydelicious: Use this step to kill it
firstly =>find a plastic with a cover,then put the fish in to it, then add three salt spoon you use to eat at home,cover it about 4 minute or 5 minute cut it to the sizes you want,you can now use the alome to clean it,when it is not drowing in your hand,you can now place it at a side then place your pot on a cooking gas,add your red oil let it fried about 4 minute add your freash pepper cover it let it cook about 15 minute when it showing on its face is cooked.add your salt and maggi and other things you feel like add to it,cover it about 5 mimut then now add your fish you place at a side,when you have add it,cover it about 7 minute after that sarve it.....
Thank you all for the answers. I'm grateful.
sheunfemix: After killing it, cut it up and clean it. Marinade it by adding salt and oda spices u like maybe crush ginger and garlic, black pepper, thyme and and maggi. After that, cover it up and let it sit for at least 15minutes. The wen u have decided on how u wanna cook it, fried, pepper soup, or with Egusi soup. Holla wink
Re: How Do I Kill A Catfish? - Please Help!!! by aydelicious: 7:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
bosunjohns: Thank you all for the answers. I'm grateful.

you are welcome
Re: How Do I Kill A Catfish? - Please Help!!! by Dayjhihannon01(m): 9:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
hannesy: Jst use stick nd hit it on d head joor, me self d kill catfish let alone a guy like u... *chicken!!!*tongue out*
so here you are dishing out committing fish murder ehn? Isokay.... How have you been? grin

Op the pic of the murdered fish or I donbilivit...
Re: How Do I Kill A Catfish? - Please Help!!! by chinnyonwu(m): 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
drown it
Re: How Do I Kill A Catfish? - Please Help!!! by bosunjohns(m): 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
tongue
chinnyonwu: drown it

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Costly Mistakes You Make While Making PUFF PUFF (no 3 Is The Deadliest) / What Will Happen If I Drink HYPO? / Online Cake Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.