Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Health Benefit Of Drinking More Water - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Benefit Of Drinking More Water (904 Views)

Facts That Will Make You Start Drinking More Water / Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water / The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Benefit Of Drinking More Water by msmon(m): 2:16am On Sep 11, 2014
Water is the second most popular beverage after soft drinks.
This is a scary stat, since sugary soda is a huge health hazard, upping the risk of obesity, stroke, and other heart problems. However, these dangers can be avoided if people choose to drink water, which doesn’t have negative side effects. So help put the sugary stuff to the side and it make water the number one drink of choice.
Plus, the benefits really are endless.
(Just take a look!)

*Fluid balance. Roughly 60 percent of the body is made of water. Drinking enough H2O maintains the body’s fluid balance, which helps transport nutrients in the body, regulate body
temperature, digest food, and more.

*Calorie control. Forget other diettricks — drinking water could also help with weight loss. Numerous studies have found a connection between water consumption and losing a few pounds. The secret reason? Water simply helps people feel full, and as a result consume fewer calories.

*Muscle fuel. Sweating at the gym causes muscles to lose water. And when the muscles don’t have enough water, they get tired. So for extra energy, try drinking water to push through that final set of squats.

*Clearer skin. Certain toxins in the body can cause the skin to inflame, which results in clogged pores and acne. While science saying water makes the skin wrinkle free is contradictory, water does flush out these toxins and can reduce the risk of
pimples.

*Kidney function. Our kidneys process 200 quarts of blood daily, sifting out waste and transporting urine to the bladder. Yet, kidneys need enough fluids to clear away what we don’t need in the body. Let's drink to that!

*Productivity boost. In order to really focus, a glass of water could help people concentrate and stay refreshed and alert.

*Fatigue buster. Move over coffee —
water can help fight those tired eyes too. One of the most common symptoms of dehydration is tiredness.
Just another reason to go for the biggulp! (Not the 7-11 kind.)

*Hangover help. If booze has got the best of you, help a hangover with a glass of water to hydrate the body and stop that pounding headache.

*Pain prevention. A little water can really go a long way. Aching joints and muscle cramps and strains can all occur if the body is dehydrated.

*Keep things flowing. Nobody wants to deal with digestion issues. Luckily, drinking enough water adds fluids to the colon which helps make things, ahem, move smoothly.

*Sickness fighter. Water may help with decongestion and dehydration, helping the body bounce back when feeling under the weather. Just beware — drinking fluids hasn’t been
scientifically proven to beat colds in one swoop, so don’t swap this for a trip to the doctor or other cold remedies.

*Brain boost. A study in London found a link between students bringing water into an exam room and better grades, suggesting H2O promotes clearer thinking. While it’s unclear if
drinking the water had anything to do with a better score, it doesn’t hurt to try it out!

1 Like

Re: Health Benefit Of Drinking More Water by kilokeys(m): 2:16am On Sep 11, 2014
@op as i read this post na im i drink two cups

i don piss three times already..

if i piss for bed, hmmmm e no go funny o
Re: Health Benefit Of Drinking More Water by kingk(m): 2:26am On Sep 11, 2014
kilokeys: booked

@ 2:16 am, you're booking space abi? gringrin grin

Well, @ Op, all is well noted.

1 Like

Re: Health Benefit Of Drinking More Water by drimpeccable(m): 4:43am On Sep 11, 2014
cool Unarguably the best liquid ever!
Re: Health Benefit Of Drinking More Water by msmon(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
kilokeys: @op as i read this post na im i drink two cups

i don piss three times already..

if i piss for bed, hmmmm e no go funny o

You booked space at 2:06am, aren't u disappointed the thread isn't on FP yet. Lmao.

Mod, kindly move to FP, it may help some1 today.
Re: Health Benefit Of Drinking More Water by kilokeys(m): 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2014
msmon:

You booked space at 2:06am, aren't u disappointed the thread isn't on FP yet. Lmao.

Mod, kindly move to FP, it may help some1 today.

lol.. i no even remember. mods oya..
Re: Health Benefit Of Drinking More Water by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
Thanks for sharing this information with everyone smiley
Re: Health Benefit Of Drinking More Water by msmon(m): 6:45am On Sep 14, 2014
xcelsia: Thanks for sharing this information with everyone smiley

U are welcome dear

1 Like

Re: Health Benefit Of Drinking More Water by msmon(m): 2:04am On Oct 05, 2014
Water, he no get enemy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pin Prick Challenge / Shocking:new Disease Discovered; Affects Billions / Not Taking My Prenatal Drugs,what Effects Does It Have On My Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.