Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. (35607 Views)

How To Upgrade Tecno Phantom F7 (A+) To Kit-kat. / How To Install Android 4.1 Jellybean Luncher On Your Tecno N3 Smartphone / HELP! How Do I Upgrade Rooted Gingerbread To Jellybean. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Emilliw3m(m): 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
pls where can i download kitkat for bold 5

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Slowpois0n: 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
chemmerfrank: some people just root their phone cus everyone else is doing it...kids! if u want a better function y dnt u buy a beta phone and quit all dis custom rom crap! lol...android wanna be's dey wanna feel like geeks..no reasonable person does dat root crap
you got it all wrong man. rooting doesn't give features, it unlocks the System folder. you dont have to root before installing a custom firmware, just flash a recovery image from fastboot, boot into the recovery and flash your rom. we use custom roms because of the added features and simplicity.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Slowpois0n: 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
Emilliw3m: pls where can i download kitkat for bold 5
blackberryandroid.com

2 Likes

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Baadal(m): 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
bimbor:

No need to unroot. Just download the file and upgrade manually using odin. That's if you use a Samsung device oh. After upgrade you can re-root your device.
Thanks boss....I don't even know d main file I'm going to download can u pls gimmie link and I don't even want to root the phone again
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by chemmerfrank(m): 10:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
Slowpois0n: you got it all wrong man. rooting doesn't give features, it unlocks the System folder. you dont have to root before installing a custom firmware, just flash a recovery image from fastboot, boot into the recovery and flash your rom. we use custom roms because of the added features and simplicity.
sounds like french...but thanks for explaining!
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bimbor(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Slowpois0n: you got it all wrong man. rooting doesn't give features, it unlocks the System folder. you dont have to root before installing a custom firmware, just flash a recovery image from fastboot, boot into the recovery and flash your rom. we use custom roms because of the added features and simplicity.

Do you actually think he understands all that tech glitches? He's just a phone user from what I can decode from his statement so far. Imagine what he said about rooting.....very funny.

When you root your device you're an inch close to being a developer because you get a lot of possibilities that ordinarily you don't get out of the box. You get so much control of your device, more like jailbreaking your iOS. I've rooted and unrooted my device severally with no worries.....And if you need more power still flash a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP Recovery.

The Android OS is just too sweet......you can't see the potentials in it until you are rooted. And then you become your own boss!
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Slowpois0n: 10:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
bimbor:

Do you actually think he understands all that tech glitches? He's just a phone user from what I can decode from his statement so far. Imagine what he said about rooting.....very funny.

When you root your device you're an inch close to being a developer because you get a lot of possibilities that ordinarily you don't get out of the box. You get so much control of your device, more like jailbreaking your iOS. I've rooted and unrooted my device severally with no worries.....And if you need more power still flash a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP Recovery.

The Android is just too sweet......you can't see the potentials in it until you are rooted. And then you become your own boss!
well said.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Superstar007(m): 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
Tomjazzy2: pls guys, whats the smallest file size of the kit-kat upgrade. i am currently on bellyjean on my sg4. Battery life sucks big time. awaiting your prompt response. tnx

Oga which one be bellyjean

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Mention(m): 10:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
jibbzion:

Well, that's why this thread was created. To know the difference.
U need to discover that yourself
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Slowpois0n: 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Superstar007:

Oga which one be bellyjean
grin more like KatKit. He meant JellyBean
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Mention(m): 10:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
Emilliw3m: pls where can i download kitkat for bold 5
From Blackberry World... LWKMD
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bimbor(m): 10:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
Meanwhile.....like they say every update has its pros and cons and Samsung will always go the extra mile to make life difficult for their users. They want to control your every move and that's why they introduced "Knox".
The more reason why we have to root out and free ourselves from their incarceration.

That said, since I upgraded my S4 from 4.3 to 4.4.2, my Screen Mirroring has stopped working. It worked flawlessly with 4.3 and I played my "Need For Speed Most Wanted" through my 42" LED TV but since the update to 4.4.2 it looks like this feature was disabled. Some say it's an attempt by Samsung to coerce users to buy their "All Share Cast Dongle". I presently use Miracast Dongle. But why will they do that?
Is anybody experiencing similar problems here? And how did you get it sorted out? Inputs please.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by meks007(m): 10:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
You can actually get updates on a rooted phone on LG, don't know about Samsung[/color][/quote]

I seriously doubt if u can upgrade rooted lg fones via OTA
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by meks007(m): 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
Izzyizzie: Jst checked d review of LG G2, wanna go for LG Optimus G pro E985 b4 bt since i saw d specs of G2 i got confussed on which one 2 go for.... Jst hlp me out in selectin outta d two cos dy both match my taste. Jah bless.

I'm using LG optimus g pro...n I can tell u it's a proper smartphone. I'm impressed with de screen size, de battery n de awesome notification light. ..yet to upgrade to kit kat though
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Tomjazzy2: 11:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
[quote author=Su
Oga which one be bellyjean [/quote] atleast you understood my point, yet you chose to ignore it and rather wanted to sound funny
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Revolva(m): 11:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
JELLY BEAN IS A BEANS IN AN OIL JELLY WHILE KIT KAT IS WAT GUYS PURSUE IN A LADY ..TO CONQUER
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Cannonleo(m): 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
chemmerfrank: kit kat optimizes the ram better
the name has changed
the version number has changed
and your battery would change too...sooner than later youll find out more..hehehe

Pls du u know the highest andriod version I can get for htc hero via cynogenmod.i use 2.2.1 and I want to update to 2.3 or 2.5
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by chemmerfrank(m): 12:00am On Sep 12, 2014
Cannonleo:

Pls du u know the highest andriod version I can get for htc hero via cynogenmod.i use 2.2.1 and I want to update to 2.3 or 2.5
probably ginger bread
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 12, 2014
Difference BTW jellybeans and KitKat?...When did KitKat and jellybeans, become a name for an android app?
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by wale0911: 12:01am On Sep 12, 2014
To start, I go laugh small, smile small and chuckle widely........
Upgrading from JB to Kikat is what I will call moving from stage to stage. I use stage to stage because one stage might be better than the other, in this case however, Kikat seems to the a correction to the glitches on JB. Of course Kikat in itself isn't the perfect upgrade we want! Very soon Samsung will roll out the Android L update. And the experience will changes from "what? "- to - "wow".
As par rooting, you gain everything and lose nothing....... You become the mechanic of your device. As in the real owner!
As someone who has been on the note 3 for a considerable amount of time, I would say, rooting doesn't stop you from doing an OTA upgrade. Require just Lil knowledge. But why upgrade? No, I won't because I love doing my things all by myself, so the real thing is a custom rom. Custom rom does all the trimming and patching thus giving you a butter smooth rom.

Currently on Temasek unofficial build v135.......
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bimbor(m): 12:07am On Sep 12, 2014
glitest: Difference BTW jellybeans and KitKat?...When did KitKat and jellybeans, become a name for an android app?

Which planet are you from?
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by wirelessssss(m): 12:25am On Sep 12, 2014

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by immanuello(m): 12:38am On Sep 12, 2014
kachicarter: DjAndriod plss how did you upgrade your.... Was it thru wifi? Pls i wanna upgrade my note2 to kitkat OS
Bros,how is this ur note 2 compared to note 3 cos i really wanted to pick which to buy btw these two.Tnks sir.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by LordMecuzy(m): 1:12am On Sep 12, 2014
Tomjazzy2: realy? what is the name of ur device

Samsungs4
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by UchihaItachi(m): 2:12am On Sep 12, 2014
Slowpois0n:
im running Cloudy G3 also. very cool UI. Im definitely not flashing cloudyflex. SOKP battery is awful.. i once used it on my Nexus 4.. great features and tweaks though. I think I'll try CM 11 soon. heard there will be a L update from LG for the G2 and G3.

I heard about the update too but you know how LG is slow with updates especially in AME regions, Google may release 5.0 before android L gets to us( thank God for custom romsgrin)

I'm not freaked about AOSP roms as I like using knock on and knock code so, I'll probably always stick to a stock based rom

BTW, what's wrong with CloudyFlex? Have you tried it before
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by IyfeNamikaze(m): 3:17am On Sep 12, 2014
cryplease how do I upgrade my tecno Q1 ice cream sandwich to kit Kat

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 12, 2014
Kitkat is cooler than Jellybean.....
The transparent notification bar is Gbosaaa!!!!!
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by StealthyMe(m): 5:23am On Sep 12, 2014
Slowpois0n:
not on all devicess.. but you are right to some extent as recent builds from Cyanogen team tends to focus on features than quality. nothing beats CM 7 and CM 9 battery

Yes,i think u're right ; CM11 is cool bt when the battery life is taken into consideration,its a major turn off
Seen some complaints about CM11's battery life online too
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 12, 2014
I noticed u didn't notice that you can now switch on and switch off your data network from the status bar. kit Kat was optimised to run on low ram devices as small as 512mb while that kind of ram made jelly bean devices buggy.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by sauceEEP(m): 7:03am On Sep 12, 2014
Izzyizzie: Jst checked d review of LG G2, wanna go for LG Optimus G pro E985 b4 bt since i saw d specs of G2 i got confussed on which one 2 go for.... Jst hlp me out in selectin outta d two cos dy both match my taste. Jah bless.
LG G2 is the best, the phone is sleek, the camera is awesome, the battery life is superb the only drawback is that it has no expendable memory. I will advice you to go for the 32gb version. If you are a gamer, it handles virtually all HD games with no lag.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by sauceEEP(m): 7:13am On Sep 12, 2014
meks007: shocked

thought Lg G2 was released with kit kat? shocked

thought Lg G2 was released with kit kat?
jellybean

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

26 Facts You Never Knew About Twitter / Deactivate MTN Music Plus In My Phone / MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.