Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Violence: Again The Double Standards - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Violence: Again The Double Standards (19090 Views)

Women And Their Double Standards. / The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) / House Please Your Thoughts: How Can A Lady Lower Her Standards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Lamborghini(m): 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
BABE3:
I'm carely female.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by coogar: 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lamborghini: Alright, sorry. Good to know sensible women like you exist. And for the record there is nothing like gender equality, women don't and can never equal men in physical terms or intellectual terms. If anyone can't accept this fact they should kill themselves, I don't care.

you mean there's no female equivalent of seun osewa in nigeria? grin cheesy grin

that's harsh o. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by xtervaganza(m): 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
This post gave me hope

We still have good women in this country
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by dayosaurus(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Chillisauce:

Na upper cut I go give you. Comot those your gworo teeth first angry grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy thought you don't revenge
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by touchmeder: 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
Every sexx needs to respect the other; woman respect your man/husband and hopefully his parents brought him up well to do the same.
However having said that, i can NEVER EVER EVER justify what this man did in this case. He had the choice of walking away but he choose to deliever that knockout punch. By the way did you see how she was pulled out of the elevator like a rag doll? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed

WOW! That was an over kill. I cant justify that brutality for any reason on earth. Nah nah

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Reference(m): 10:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

with this analogy of yours - you are implying a man is the soldier and the woman is the little boy, right?

well, if women agree they are little earthlings to men then a man won't hit back - however, women are saying they are of equal standing with men.

with that in mind, there's a disconnect between your analogy & the relationship between men & women.

That's what am saying. How do you square this circle. Heads you lose, tails you lose.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lamborghini: Alright, sorry. Good to know sensible women like you exist. And for the record there is nothing like gender equality, women don't and can never equal men in physical terms or intellectual terms. If anyone can't accept this fact they should kill themselves, I don't care.

Men are definitely more emotionally intelligent than women; a 1000%.

When it comes to intellectuals however; it's a tricky one. At the elementary and secdondary level of education, boys and girls are roughly on the same level.

when we get higher on the ladder; the university/demanding level, women tend to drastically fade away. They tend to go for psychology, communication; those useless courses sha. But when it comes to STEM courses, women are nowhere to be found.

Imagine, only 9% of engineers in the UK are females.

I wonder why. The blame it on mothehood. grin cheesy
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by coogar: 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
Reference:

That's what am saying. How do you square this circle. Heads you lose, tails you lose.

i am a modern man. grin
i believe in sex equality - my female colleagues performing the same role as me should get the same pay as me. they should get equal opportunities as their male counterparts in every sphere of life.

that being said, if a woman hits me - what will i do? i would do exactly the same thing i do when a man hits me. my sex equality policy does not falter that way. if i retaliate when a man hits me, i should retaliate when a woman hits me as well.

it's pretty simple!

4 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Stillfire: 10:58pm On Sep 11, 2014

No problem in having this logic, but you do not actually help the man's case, rather it helps the battered woman more whether she started the scuffle or not. There are certain perks in being not equal. She being the 'lower sex' puts the man at a higher responsibility not to raise his hands on her.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Stillfire: 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
BABE3:

When it comes to intellectuals however; it's a tricky one. At the elementary and secdondary level of education, boys and girls are roughly on the same level.

when we get higher on the ladder; the university/demanding level, women tend to drastically fade away. They tend to go for psychology, communication; those useless courses sha. But when it comes to STEM courses, women are nowhere to be found.

This sounds like deja vu. The regurgitation of Coogar's words when we spoke eons ago. cheesy cool
Hi coogar.... wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by sCross: 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
zeb04: yeh that's it.he fought back(he retaliated) he wasnt trying to defend himself. There are certain ways things shld be handled. No matter how we try to downplay it,he was wrong(she was wrong to) and they shld both face the consequence.

I am not trying to be biased BT I don't knockout someone and I call it defense.

BUT HE IS A TRAINED NFL ATHLETE. He hits for a living.
Try rough play with any wwe\wwf wrestler, they'll definitely break your bone and say they were only joking (which would be true )
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2014

Well physical strength nope but intellectually yes. Sadly for you gender equality is alive and kicking, if you are finding it difficult tp accept the glaring fact then you do us the honours of killing yourself. We seem to be doing fine and getting everything we need in the gender equality department enforced by the law. (cherry on top)

5 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by sCross: 11:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
MizMyColi: Honestly?
I really don't know much about gender equality.
Okay, maybe I'm indifferent.

I watched that video
The lady was wrong (whatever her reasons might have been).

If she got two sounder "witch for christ" slaps on her face or its equivalent, trust me, I'd be applauding the guy. Jeeezzz why spit on him!!

That said, I'm with zeb04 on this one, even if that were a male victim, it was way outta line.....no, it was cruel of him, not because she is a female, but because she is a human being.
Whatever happened to receiving in the measure that you give?
They and everyone like them need to learn self-control.

Trust me, it's always worth it.

BUT HE IS A TRAINED NFL ATHLETE. He hits for a living.
Try rough play with any wwe\wwf wrestler,
they'll definitely break your bone and say they
were only joking (which would be true )
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by cococandy(f): 11:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
BluIvy:

Sadly for you gender equality is alive and kicking, if you are finding it difficult tp accept the glaring fact then you do us the honours of killing yourself. We seem to be doing fine and getting everything we need in the gender equality department enforced by the law. (cherry on top)

Well you can't kick someone when they are down. Folks who are anti-equality can find some venting space on the internet.
Don't take that away too grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by coogar: 11:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
BABE3:

and only about 18% of engineers in america are females. the most intriguing part is more american females get admitted into universities for STEM courses than men but they never follow it through to the very end....

whether the issue is motherhood or limited intellectual capacity, i don't know.....but to think more men with the genuine intention of reaching the engineering pinnacle are being denied admission to accommodate women who soon throw their engineering dreams away for domestic chores is quite disturbing!

4 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
cococandy:

Well you can't kick someone when they are down. Folks who are anti-equality can find some venting space on the internet.
Don't take that away too grin grin grin

Ok oo! I understand you very well. wink

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 11:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

and only about 18% of engineers in america are females. the most intriguing part is more american females get admitted into universities STEM courses than men but they never follow it through to the very end....

whether the issue is motherhood or limited intellectual capacity, i don't know.....but to think more men with the genuine intention of reaching the engineering pinnacle are being denied admission to accommodate women who soon throw their engineering dreams away for domestic chores is quite disturbing!

1st world women throwing their dreams away for domestic chores? cheesy Shocking. grin

Gender equality.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by sCross: 11:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
BluIvy:

Am lost on what exact example you referring to here but let humour you.

Both men and women have mouth which they run at will e.g. On Nl all run their mouth the same way sometime the men are even more potent with their mouths, so why can't he continue using this equal tool? There are laws against beating up another person, whether your wife or girlfriend. The world is not trying to create a boxing ring or a prison where women cannot say anything otherwise they will be knocked senseless.

i guess verbal abuse is a myth to you simply because there are no visible scars. Plus You very well know that by default women are blessed with speech, men with fists.

BTW, Solange assaulted Jay and nothing happened. What would you say about that ?
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
Now, I am confused... what was this thread about?
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Stillfire:

So the King Cobra was bloody Ray Rice? Diva 'Masculinists' have been spinning the story since it broke and for a while there they got me.
Watching this clip again affirms strongly that Ray Rice WAS the AGGRESSOR as Janay tried to fend off his deadly spitting attack.
At 0.08 the satanic cobra attacks, and Janay brushes it aside. He gets on the elevator and DOES it again. This time around she tries to defend herself and gets punched in the face and hits her head on the bar and collapses.

grin grin grin Rotfl!

Abeg, where's animal control? There's a satanic king cobra on the loose!! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by daveP(m): 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
Overall wine mocked them in the press.
Overall this issue still wont get settled.
Both have emotions
both were wrong.

But..... We no be robot now. If not, we'l be lining up for slap-rations everyday. Hmm
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Stillfire: 12:22am On Sep 12, 2014
ileobatojo:
grin grin grin Rotfl!
Abeg, where's animal control? There's a satanic king cobra on the loose!! grin grin

The appropriate and more intelligent authorities have deliberated on the issue and due process has/shall be followed.
The law is reason free from passionate, masculinist divas...rotflmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Pun intendedddddddd!

6 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 12, 2014
sCross:

i guess verbal abuse is a myth to you simply because there are no visible scars. Plus You very well know that by default women are blessed with speech, men with fists.

BTW, Solange assaulted Jay and nothing happened. What would you say about that ?

Solange was wrong, she showcased her ghetto character and how she carries herself, while Beyonce showed a more matured and different character.

That alone should tell you people choose how they want to behave or react to something. So did Jay, respond in his own character which has saved him his fortune and bad undeserved publicity. He became the hero of the day. I guess he thought he would not reason like a poor man, he knows his worth he also knows its not worth it.

I know people expected Jay to knock Solange out, to show he is the man, he on the other side did not need
such validation, he knows who and what he is. He also knew, ona one on one fight with Solange he would probably kill her with one punch. No question about it.

Well on verbal abuse, i think naija man can stand their own verbally as I have experienced on nl but the problem is you quickly get angry and want to slap because in your up bringing someone told you a woman must never talk back to you. Its in your head not out there, you deal with head wiring you'll be okay. No one dies of deflated ego.

4 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by AriDsexy(f): 12:36am On Sep 12, 2014
Danhumprey: Na real muscle o! I'm sure the guy's 2nd home is the nearest gymnasium close to his house.grin

But sister,talk true. You sure say you no go trip for that guy?wink
Lol...Really,he's not my kind of guy.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by logica(m): 1:44am On Sep 12, 2014
BluIvy:
naija man can stand their own verbally as I have experienced on nl but the problem is you quickly get angry and want to slap because in your up bringing someone told you a woman must never talk back to you.
Apparently you speak of men in your family. Or you want to tell us you feel men trying to slap you on Nairaland? (Though rightly, I guess some responses on here must feel like heavy slaps on your face. grin) Is your imagination that active or is it some form of schizophrenia?

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by perfectgen(m): 2:30am On Sep 12, 2014
zeb04: yeh that's it.he fought back(he retaliated) he wasnt trying to defend himself. There are certain ways things shld be handled. No matter how we try to downplay it,he was wrong(she was wrong to) and they shld both face the consequence.

I am not trying to be biased BT I don't knockout someone and I call it defense.

nice that you pointed out the issue of his beating her blue - black, would it have been right if it has been a lady that retaliated? because in the end, we are all emotional beings: no man or woman should emotionally or physically instigate such actions from his or her partner.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Kimoni: 4:44am On Sep 12, 2014
ocman: I quite understand the emotions and reservations but need i add that there is a hit from a woman that is not meant to harm or hurt. It is an emotional hit. Only humane and loving guys can decode that kind of hit (hit not slap). Take for instance a guy says something hurtful to her woman, and it hurts her so bad that she cries and hits u thrice on the shoulder of back, screaming "why do u derive joy hurting me"? Mehn!! would you take that as a hit and go back at her? I would never do that. my point is, it is not all hit from a girl means fight or invitation for a fisticuff or brawl. I would be the last man standing on earth to touch my woman. So, let us not generalize a hit from a woman. Some hits are affectionate. I know such hits and they are also emotional to me cus it gives me a sense that i have hurt her badly....

I'm loving this your analysis and Magic Johnson's story readily came to my mind(quoted below). From his story, I'll say there are emotional slaps too...

Magic Johnson: After revealing the shocking diagnosis(HIV), Johnson told his wife he would understand if she wanted to leave him. She responded by slapping him in the face for making such an unthinkable suggestion.

Johnson: We just cried and held each other. The greatest thing that ever happened to me was that she stayed. I think that's why I'm alive today.

Back to the matter at hand, I am 100% with Chilli and kanwulia on their quotes below -

Chilli - supporting violence against violence makes you a violent person too...

Kanwulia - I make a celestial effort to walk away from violent people....
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by adrainuche(m): 5:16am On Sep 12, 2014
Jayne2014:
Ajuju!
Whats Ajuju
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by sCross: 6:06am On Sep 12, 2014
BluIvy:

Solange was wrong, she showcased her ghetto character and how she carries herself, while Beyonce showed a more matured and different character.

That alone should tell you people choose how they want to behave or react to something. So did Jay, respond in his own character which has saved him his fortune and bad undeserved publicity. He became the hero of the day. I guess he thought he would not reason like a poor man, he knows his worth he also knows its not worth it.

I know people expected Jay to knock Solange out, to show he is the man, he on the other side did not need
such validation, he knows who and what he is. He also knew, ona one on one fight with Solange he would probably kill her with one punch. No question about it.

Well on verbal abuse, i think naija man can stand their own verbally as I have experienced on nl but the problem is you quickly get angry and want to slap because in your up bringing someone told you a woman must never talk back to you. Its in your head not out there, you deal with head wiring you'll be okay. No one dies of deflated ego.

lol. Yes. Go ahead, make excuses for Solange, "ghetto character " indeed. You forgot a critical thing; Beyonce was present. Very few men would beat up their wife's sister in her presence. very few!!

An average guy gets physical in the middle of a heated argument by default (male or female); that doesn't make it right but that's truth.

What he did was wrong; no doubt but the way she acted was equally wrong. They are both guilty.

Solange assaulted Jay Z and she wasn't even reprimanded instead people concluded that Jay must have done something prior. If that is not double standards, please explain what is.

You're also very wrong about naija men being able to stand verbal abuse just because some do it here on nl. Nl is not the real world. There's ample time to craft out a killer response. In the real world, the woman usually says about 20 words before the man can muffle a weak reply

Last missile: There's a beast in every man and the "right" woman would bring it out.

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Reference(m): 7:03am On Sep 12, 2014
BluIvy:

That is not what he is saying. What he means is that gender equality means Solange gets the rap, loses her wealth, gets kicked off her job, does time, whatever. That's equality. You get equal punishment by the law and society. All you did was to call Solange a ghetto girl then turned on JayZ with all the praises for not reacting. That to me is tacit protection of the female folk. Equality means Rice gets called a ghetto dude and we thank his wife for not reacting and we all go home happy. Nothing happened to Solange. Equality means nothing should happen to Rice.

6 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Danhumprey: 7:14am On Sep 12, 2014
AriDsexy:
Lol...Really,he's not my kind of guy.
But you girls like them sexy guys with strong muscles and abs/6pacs na. cheesy

Abi I lie?
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Reference(m): 7:18am On Sep 12, 2014
Going back to the OP it still remains to be seen how men and women garner equal liability for equal crime whether by law or within the society. Yes poster, what has Solange Knowles lost as a result of her act as compared to JayZ if the tables were turned. There are tons of influential women out there in business, industry, politics, sports, the performing arts, etc and a number behave badly. How many do you see go down in a blaze of glory, hardly any. The society remains heavily skewed in favour of women when it comes to liabilities. That's a fact.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Adopted Son Or Biological Son: Who Gets One's Inheritance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.