Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE - Celebrities (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE (33820 Views)

Seun Kuti Curses Any Nigerian Who Defends Politicians Going On Trial / Mercy Johnson Pregnant Again Barely 10 Months After Delivering Second Baby(Pics) / Oscar Pistorius Refusing Prison Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by londoner: 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
jcgodfrey: I'd like the ladies here to share your views on this point of view, as regards been thought of as an intruder. What is your modus operandi whenever u are going to pay your boyfriend a visit? do u give him a call, sneak up on him, etc. shed some light. Cus if its an isolated event, then Reeva's probably crazy. Ofcus i don't believe she intruded, or that there was an intruder at all. How they concocted this intruder story, hmmm, women dey suffer ooo

No, Reeva was already in the house. He knew she was there and thought she was still in the bed next to him. He knew she was in the house, but he says the noise, he thought, was an intruder, while his girlfriend was still asleep next to him.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
@Laeroy, you're spot on. Also, i feel once one buys into the 'intruder' story, which, to me, is a plain old lie, then it sways one's thinking.
But then, hasn't his whole defense been based on this one lie? I can only feel sorry for the next victim to walk into Oscar's life. Hopefully its gonna be a sister of one of his cohorts here. grin wink
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
londoner:

No, Reeva was already in the house. He knew she was there and thought she was still in the bed next to him. He knew she was in the house, but he says the noise, he thought, was an intruder, while his girlfriend was still asleep next to him.

I was even tryna give the dude benefit of doubt, maybe Reeva stepped out to buy cashew nuts down the street. Him knowing she was there even makes it worse for him. May i not cross paths with the likes of Oscar cuz i'm definitely gonna bag him!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Forwetinnah: 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
Anacksunamun: This conclusion is highly absurd!!

Grammar. ..spoke it to me plix, i is no go school
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by nitlad: 2:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
He was never gonna be found guilty, because he's not guilty!!

Mumu prosecution went for premeditated murder. How do you prove this beyond reasonable doubt without solid evidence to buttress it?

Beauty of the Rule Of Law!

3 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Anacksunamun: 2:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Hehe

Certainly a high-profile case, you dont just rush out from a break with a hasty verdict.

Do you see Oscar pulling through in this?

My gut feeling tells me Yes!
I see him pulling through with lesser punishment. Reason - NO concrete evidence to nail him. We might insinuate all we can, bring up our own theories, know what might have gone down, but if there's no concrete facts to show pre-medidated murder, then Oscar will escape life sentence.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by maasoap(m): 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
nitlad: He was never gonna be found guilty, because he's not guilty!!

Mumu prosecution went for premeditated murder. How do you prove this beyond reasonable doubt without solid evidence to buttress it?

Yeah, "Beauty of the Rule Of Law" that makes criminals go Scot free after cutting short the lives of innocent victims by exploring loop holes in the same Law you are so proud of.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
Anacksunamun: I see him pulling through with lesser punishment. Reason - NO concrete evidence to nail him. We might insinuate all we can, bring up our own theories, know what might have gone down, but if there's no concrete facts to show pre-medidated murder, then Oscar will escape life sentence.

True that.

And as things stand, there are dearth of evidence.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Consultville(m): 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
I find him not gulty
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by shegxi(m): 2:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Emmaesty: He has been found not guilty of pre-meditated murder....... Seems i was right
no u weren't rite.......dat he wasn't found guilty doesn't mean humans are not very wicked and capable of anytin.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by londoner: 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
jcgodfrey:

I was even tryna give the dude benefit of doubt, maybe Reeva stepped out to buy cashew nuts down the street. Him knowing she was there even makes it worse for him. May i not cross paths with the likes of Oscar cuz i'm definitely gonna bag him!

Lol......I shouldn't laugh........
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by londoner: 2:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
shegxi: no u weren't rite.......dat he wasn't found guilty doesn't mean humans are not very wicked and capable of anytin.

Exactly, it just means that the state failed to prove premeditation beyond a reasonable doubt. Nothing more, nothing less.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Dreambeat: 2:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
Let me paraphrase what the judge said:Oscar Pistorius while giving evidence was calm,coherent but while being cross examined he became emotional,broke down frequently.His defense team was of the opinion that while giving evidence,he was on medication to help him control his emotional trauma.Imagine such a lame excuse.My take is that he was thoroughly prepared and asked to show such emotion by his defense team to get sympathy from everybody involved in this proceedings.This guy is just a lucky murderer!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by nitlad: 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
maasoap: Yeah, "Beauty of the Rule Of Law" that makes criminals go Scot free after cutting short the lives of innocent victims by exploring loop holes in the same Law you are so proud of.

A guilty man walking free or an innocent man rotting in jail - which one would you pick?

I have absolutely no problem with a guilty man walking free if it cannot be proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is guilty. But an innocent man rotting behind bars for a crime he didn't commit is what I cannot live with. In the absence of incontrovertible evidence, the verdict is very well in order. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by shegxi(m): 2:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
londoner:

Exactly, it just means that the state failed to prove premeditation beyond a reasonable doubt. Nothing more, nothing less.
yes boss, u are spot on. In d law court, dere is a big difference between "FACT and "TRUTH".

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by MadCow1: 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
[b]Oscar.. In my books is guilty for one reason:: He shot through a closed door at an alleged intruder without first ascertaining where his girlfriend (the only other person with him inside the residence was at..

How he came to a conclusion that there was an intruder in the house is also suspect as Oscar's house is well fortified with including and not limited to; Electric fences, Security alarms and dogs.. He heard no barks, didnt hear an alarm but concluded there was an intruder..

Oscar couldnt have been that panicked cos he went outside to grab the fan, came inside before conculding there was an intruder, grabbed his gun, didnt wear his prosthesis, crawled to the bathroom, fired off 4 shots (3 from the same position and one from a different position based on the trajectory of the shot), crawld back to the room where he wore his prothesis, grabbed a Cricket bat and proceeded back to the bathroom to break down the door..

Oscar never called 911 when he suspected an intruder... He only called for help after shooting his girlfriend.

Oscar has a history with Guns.. He has fired off a Glock inside a restaurant where he was eating with his friends before though ruled accidental..

When Oscar fired into the door, what was his intention if not to kill whoever was inside.

Oscar is only walking scotfree because the Investigating officers and the Prosecution team didnt do their homework properly and had gone for the big kill of 'Premeditated Murder' without overwhelming evidence.. Now the law of Double Jeopardy means Oscar can never be tried again for this same case..

#Congrats Oscar..

#R.I.P Reeva.[/b]

[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar: case adjourned till tomorrow....

judge masipa loves drama.
I'm beginning to doubt her ability deliver sound judgment.

What's her own sef?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by kernel504(m): 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
louie3: there is notin such as right to ask the state to step down.it is only at the discretion of the attorney generals office that a decision can b reached whether or not to transfer d case to a private prosecutor.
Thanks for that piece of information, am an engineer, hahahaah... But love law.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 3:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
nitlad: He was never gonna be found guilty, because he's not guilty!!

you must be very intelligent.....
the prosecutors were morons from the get go. there was no eye witness, no CCTV cameras, the only other witness is dead apart from oscar - how could they possibly prove premeditated murder? they should have just left it at culpable homicide/manslaughter.

freecocoa: I'm beginning to doubt her ability deliver sound judgment.
What's her own sef?

a whole judge masipa? haaaaaaaa
that's the best female judge in the whole of africa. cheesy grin had she been born when christ was being prosecuted, she woulda been the judge instead of pontius pilate. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 3:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

you must be very intelligent.....
the prosecutors were morons from the get go. there was no eye witness, no CCTV cameras, the only other witness is dead apart from oscar - how could they possibly prove premeditated murder? they should have just left it at culpable homicide/manslaughter.

a whole judge masipa? haaaaaaaa
that's the best female judge in the whole of africa. cheesy grin had she been born when christ was being prosecuted, she woulda been the judge instead of pontius pilate. cheesy
The drama's taking too long jor, it's beginning to look like she's trying to have fun with a very serious case like this.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
freecocoa: The drama's taking too long jor, it's beginning to look like she's trying to have fun with a very serious case like this.

cut her some slack - she's 66!

would you rather not have her explain her decision on the matter? i cannot disagree with anything she has said.

people have to realise there's a big difference between what actually happened & what can be proven. the prosecutors could not prove oscar was guilty - it would be injustice for her to judge this case based on the opinion of the public.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by morpheus24: 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
Another privileged Afrikaner boy gets off in South Africa. It was to be expected.

HIs brother got off on the same culpable HOmicide charge.

Poor Reeva. I feel for her.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
Laeroy:
The supposed lover who calleed her that night or who sent her text messages...Should have come to court to testify to this supposed Fact.....
dnt mind me, am just playing the role of a conspiracy theorist. am simply trying to link all the variables together

vals day
toilet
her phone was with her
shot dead

dnt quote me next time, you can earn a ban
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

cut her some slack - she's 66!

would you rather not have her explain her decision on the matter? i cannot disagree with anything she has said.

people have to realise there's a big difference between what actually happened & what can be proven. the prosecutors could not prove oscar was guilty - it would be injustice for her to judge this case based on the opinion of the public.
I get your point, anyways, the judgment's leaning in the direction you want so...

Tell me honestly, in your heart of hearts, do you think Oscar's saying the whole truth?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
freecocoa: I get your point, anyways, the judgment's leaning in the direction you want so...

Tell me honestly, in your heart of hearts, do you think Oscar's saying the whole truth?

obviously, he's not saying the whole truth. he lied about some parts but not saying the whole truth doesn't mean he's guilty!!!

there are some shady spots in his evidence but i don't believe he intentionally murdered his girlfriend. he couldn't have done that under his own roof.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

obviously, he's not saying the whole truth. he lied about some parts but not saying the whole truth doesn't mean he's guilty!!!

there are some shady spots in his evidence but i don't believe he intentionally murdered his girlfriend. he couldn't have done that under his own roof.
Do you believe he probably lost his cool and before he realized it, she was gone?

He has to be a the worse slowpoke to commit premeditated murder in his house, in that manner.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by londoner: 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
shegxi: yes boss, u are spot on. In d law court, dere is a big difference between "FACT and "TRUTH".

Exactly.....That is why any people feel the justice system is not "fair". Its actually about the facts presented through the legal process, rather than the verdict.

There is a standard of proof...............you either reach it or not.

Opinion is a separate issue. My opinion, is that he shot at the door in a blind rage,knowing she was in there, but not INTENDING that she would die as a result, hence his GENUINE feelings or remorse and guilt.

Thats just my opinion, though. Did he undergo any drug tests on that night? Some hard drugs actually have hallucinogenic and side effects of extreme paranoia.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
freecocoa: Do you believe he probably lost his cool and before he realized it, she was gone?

He has to be a the worse slowpoke to commit premeditated murder in his house, in that manner.

or perhaps he hired somebody else to pull the trigger...... cheesy
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by r231(m): 4:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

he lied about everything cheesy
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 4:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

or perhaps he hired somebody else to pull the trigger...... cheesy
Answer jare, what do you think happened?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by londoner: 4:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
nitlad:

A guilty man walking free or an innocent man rotting in jail - which one would you pick?

I have absolutely no problem with a guilty man walking free if it cannot be proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is guilty. But an innocent man rotting behind bars for a crime he didn't commit is what I cannot live with. In the absence of incontrovertible evidence, the verdict is very well in order. Cheers.

I'm the same, but then thats why there is the option of manslaughter, which does not allow people to walk "scot free", just because they killed someone without premeditation.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
r231:

he lied about everything cheesy

if he did, forensics would have caught him. he shot through the door - it then means he didn't see what he was shooting at. that's one of the key elements in his favour.

freecocoa: Answer jare, what do you think happened?

i think his vulnerability & paranoia got the better of him. he had no legs, men like that are bound to be on the edge.....they tend to make up for their disability with aggression.

when he heard the noise, he automatically thought an intruder was in the house. he took his gun & fired straight through the door without thinking straight.

by the time he realised it could be reeva, he had unleashed 4 talon bullets into the bathroom - and reeva died as a result. ordinary bullets would have increased her survival rate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Bimbo Oshin Posts Photo Of Her Twin Girls / Nairalander Attends Patoranking's All White Birthday Party (photos) / Boluwatife Balogun's 6th Birthday: Shola Ogudugu Celebrates Son's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.