Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,367 members, 7,781,001 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:18 AM

Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE (33787 Views)

Seun Kuti Curses Any Nigerian Who Defends Politicians Going On Trial / Mercy Johnson Pregnant Again Barely 10 Months After Delivering Second Baby(Pics) / Oscar Pistorius Refusing Prison Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by MadCow1: 9:46am On Sep 11, 2014
jammyunn: I pity the Judge cos both set of attorneys have defended their clients very well with strong evidence. I guess she'd go by popular opinion of convicting him.

Judges never rely on public opinion to give judgement on a case..

She can only judge based on facts present..

The Case of the Prosecution is speculative at best and the defence are basing their arguement on the fact that the prosecution has not been able to prove 'Beyond resonable doubt'..

If the Defence can stirr up doubt in the prosecutions case, their client might walk.. However, whatever the outcome is, the least he can get is Manslaughter.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 11, 2014
At least the S.A judicial system seems to be working, I don't have my facts but I can't say thesame for My country Nigeria, no hating and no offense to the Lawyers in the house. #peace
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 11, 2014
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 11, 2014
guass:
I WISH U WERE IN THE GIRLS SHOE

.....and vice versa
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 11, 2014
Judge reviewing evidence, testimony before verdict.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by jammyunn(m): 9:52am On Sep 11, 2014
MadCow1:

Judges never rely on public opinion to give judgement on a case..

She can only judge based on facts present..

The Case of the Prosecution is speculative at best and the defence are basing their arguement on the fact that the prosecution has not been able to prove 'Beyond resonable doubt'..

If the Defence can stirr up doubt in the prosecutions case, their client might walk.. However, whatever the outcome is, the least he can get is Manslaughter.
I just hope the outcome is the best based of facts.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by brownlord: 9:52am On Sep 11, 2014
ibibwala: At least the S.A judicial system seems to be working, I don't have my facts but I can't say thesame for My country Nigeria, no hating and no offense to the Lawyers in the house. #peace

Abeg no apologies to them. If this case was to be Nigeria, very simple

If you can't get a lawyer that knows law, get the one that knows the judge or politicians and you be a free man no matter the crime
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 11, 2014
Mr pistorius you sly dog, how could you murder this beautiful bustyful woman angry.....i don't blive d nigga's court trial cries and i hope they give him a huge sentence.

Did u know d girl's parents never even got to meet the f.ucktard? And then he murdered her.....#BitchAssNyugga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by GRAND30(m): 9:54am On Sep 11, 2014
I hope Judge Masipa doesn't want to set free a guy who shot at his girlfriend 4 good times but now tells the world he thought she was an intruder. Didn't she scream after the first shot? Second? Third? Fourth? Or did he no longer recognise his lover's voice? Why would he not call out to know who was there before playing chess with his gun?

5 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Amhappy(f): 9:54am On Sep 11, 2014
If he killed her,he will still kill someone else. Lets see how it goes

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 11, 2014
He deserves no mercy,he who kills by the sword must die with the sword.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by MadCow1: 9:55am On Sep 11, 2014
It would be interesting to see if South Africa would Jail one of their White, handicapped, Internationally recognized, Prize-Winning Athelete..

My 'SuperCow' senses says he would walk free... angry
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Amhappy(f): 9:56am On Sep 11, 2014
GRAND30: I hope Judge Masipa doesn't want to set free a guy who shot at his girlfriend 4 good times but now tells the world he thought she was an intruder. Didn't she scream after the first shot? Second? Third? Fourth? Or did he no longer recognise his lover's voice? Why would he not call out to know who was there before playing chess with his gun?

That was what i thought too. So she didn't shout when he shot her first or what. This will make Fatal attraction episode one of these days
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by guass(m): 9:56am On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

.....and vice versa
I don't carry guns and so can't be, even if I carry guns not when am with my GF. I luv her with all my ...

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 11, 2014
brownlord:

Abeg no apologies to them. If this case was to be Nigeria, very simple

If you can't get a lawyer that knows law, get the one that knows the judge or politicians and you be a free man no matter the crime

lol! if it were in nigeria, na inside bush you go find the girl dead-body, even Oscar go follow police dey look for am grin grin grin
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by brownlord: 9:58am On Sep 11, 2014
MadCow1: It would be interesting to see if South Africa would Jail one of their White, handicapped, Internationally recognized, Prize-Winning Athelete..

You mean they give him Salami judgment?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by UrbanMystique: 9:58am On Sep 11, 2014
GovWahala:
That's because u are 100percent sure he killed intentionally?

Let Justice prevail.
whatever
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by badmanjo(m): 9:59am On Sep 11, 2014
undecidedlongest court case and its either he is guilty or innocent
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by kreamidiva(f): 9:59am On Sep 11, 2014
Following....
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Adedayo516(m): 10:00am On Sep 11, 2014
#OscarPistorius explanation of "accident" -
fired "in belief intruder was coming out to
attack."
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 10:00am On Sep 11, 2014
judge taking a recess or adjournment again?

this is a joke!

MadCow1: It would be interesting to see if South Africa would Jail one of their White, handicapped, Internationally recognized, Prize-Winning Athelete..

he would walk free because the prosecutors did a horrendous job. the judge has destroyed the evidence on whatsapp messages, and the evidence of food content in her stomach.....the neighbours version of event was also considered not substantial enough.

as it stands so far, he can never be guilty of premeditated murder. manslaughter or shooting without thinking would be her final verdict!

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by rallymento(m): 10:01am On Sep 11, 2014
Oscar was jealous he could loose the gal to me! Infact that nite I warned her not to visit Oscar but decided to go! Wen I heard she was murdered, I felt like crying! But I couldn't cos dia was no shoulder to lean on! Abeg oo wetin judge conclude?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Adedayo516(m): 10:01am On Sep 11, 2014
Masipa cites defence psychiatrist diagnosis
of anxiety disorder.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 11, 2014
Judge adjourns court for 30 minutes.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 11, 2014
adjornment at half past eleven....
south africas time
i think the man is guilty.....

1 Like

The Judge seems to be seriously favouring the Defence's argument.She says that the screams the neighbours heard were not conclusive and they couldn't have been sure it was Reeva Steenkamp.I think Pistorius may just walk away scot-free.That would be a real shame

1 Like

The Judge seems to be seriously favouring the Defence's argument.She says that the screams the neighbours heard were not conclusive and they couldn't have been sure it was Reeva Steenkamp screaming .I think Pistorius may just walk away scot-free.That would be a real shame

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 11, 2014
guass:
I don't carry guns and so can't be, even if I carry guns not when am with my GF. I luv her with all my ...

there is more to this case than what you think, thats why it's unfair to be biased or simply base your judgement on being in the victims shoe.
even the judge said it now that "many of the witnesses got their facts wrong"
am not in support of crime but let us wait for the judge to deliver her judgement, also remember there are many in prisons for crimes they did not commit and or terrible accidental mistakes as the case might be with Oscar. let us wait for the judgement.

cheers!!.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by tattesco(m): 10:04am On Sep 11, 2014
May God help him oooooooo cryMay God help him oooooooo
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by MadCow1: 10:04am On Sep 11, 2014
GRAND30: I hope Judge Masipa doesn't want to set free a guy who shot at his girlfriend 4 good times but now tells the world he thought she was an intruder. Didn't she scream after the first shot? Second? Third? Fourth? Or did he no longer recognise his lover's voice? Why would he not call out to know who was there before playing chess with his gun?

[b]The Nigga wakes up, scared that an intruder may have broken in.. He quickly wears his prostetiques and grabs a Gun.. He didnt first try to find out where his Nwababy was so he can keep her close by and protect her.. He walks to the bathroom, claims he calls her name and got no response, then he opens fire into the bathroom though he couldnt see who was inside..

Interesting facts that would play a key part in his judgement include;

•Pistorius Claims he thought Steenkamp was a burglar and they were deeply in love

•Prosecution Witness heard the shouting between 2am and 3am

•Post-mortem examination showed model's bladder was empty

•Box of .38 calibre ammunition rounds found, but he was not licence holder

•Witness who allegedly heard screaming lived 600 metres away

•No sign of an assault or a struggle on Miss Steenkamp's body

•Police found: 'Two boxes of testosterone, needles and injections'

[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Bryan12(m): 10:05am On Sep 11, 2014
Following
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by kliq(m): 10:06am On Sep 11, 2014
purplesummer: Whether premeditated or not, this is homicide and he has to be jailed for it. The difference between murder and manslaughter is in the severity of punishment

Well said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Jim Iyke Hiv +? Secret Lover Sally Confirmed +ve.(with Pics) / Aki And Pawpaw Hang Out Together (photo) / Burna Boy Strips For Ladies At Calabar #starmusictrek (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.