Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,830 members, 7,798,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE (33814 Views)

Seun Kuti Curses Any Nigerian Who Defends Politicians Going On Trial / Mercy Johnson Pregnant Again Barely 10 Months After Delivering Second Baby(Pics) / Oscar Pistorius Refusing Prison Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 10:07am On Sep 11, 2014
ChickRockz: The Judge seems to be seriously favouring the Defence's argument.She says that the screams the neighbours heard were not conclusive and they couldn't have been sure it was Reeva Steenkamp screaming .I think Pistorius may just walk away scot-free.That would be a real shame

shame?
shame that justice prevailed? were you there when the incident happened for you to be so sure he is guilty of premeditated murder.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 11, 2014
coogar: judge taking a recess or adjournment again?

this is a joke!

he would walk free because the prosecutors did a horrendous job. the judge has destroyed the evidence on whatsapp messages, and the evidence of food content in her stomach.....the neighbours version of event was also considered not substantial enough.

as it stands so far, he can never be guilty of premeditated murder. manslaughter or shooting without thinking would be her final verdict!

very thoughtful post.

3 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by nifton(m): 10:07am On Sep 11, 2014
Adjourned till half past 11am.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 11, 2014
ChickRockz: The Judge seems to be seriously favouring the Defence's argument.She says that the screams the neighbours heard were not conclusive and they couldn't have been sure it was Reeva Steenkamp.I think Pistorius may just walk away scot-free.That would be a real shame
no, the real shame is that you cannot reason like the woman judge. did you see the pictures of thier house and the distance from where the neighbors claimed they heard scream of a fatally shot victim?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 10:11am On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

very thoughtful post.

seriously - pistorius is not guilty!

the judge just said now that the deceased couldn't have screamed cos she must have died instantly when the shots were fired.

the false witnesses have allowed pistorius to walk free with their idiotic lies. the only person that screamed was oscar himself after he realised he had shot his own girlfriend.

that's a very big plus for the defence team!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by nifton(m): 10:11am On Sep 11, 2014
Adjourned till half past 10 sorry.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by larryUG(m): 10:11am On Sep 11, 2014
MissBritney: I hope this guy doesn't get convicted.
He wont. cos the prosecution has not been able to prove he killed her intentionally BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by chibc(m): 10:13am On Sep 11, 2014
MissBritney: I hope this guy doesn't get convicted.
yea, I hope so too. So u can be his next girlfriend and next in line to be .... u know the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by cockycock: 10:13am On Sep 11, 2014
Pistorious is walking free today

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by MadCow1: 10:14am On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:
no, the real shame is that you cannot reason like the woman judge. did you see the pictures of thier house and the distance from where the neighbors claimed they heard scream?

You need to relax..

The Prosecution made their case.. The Defence simply poked holes in the prosecution case. The sad part of the Law is that though everything might point towards Oscar shooting his Nwababy in cold blood, if the Defence can just raise a little doubt in the mind of the Jury or the judge, their client walks.. wink

And so far, I learnt the prosecution fhucked this case up just like the prosecution did with the O.J Simpson trial.

The Nigga would walk, not cos we believe he is innocent, but because the Prosecution could not prove their case beyond reasonable doubt.

8 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Waspy(m): 10:16am On Sep 11, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]The Nigga wakes up, scared that an intruder may have broken in.. He quickly wears his prostetiques and grabs a Gun.. He didnt first try to find out where his Nwababy was so he can keep her close by and protect her.. He walks to the bathroom, claims he calls her name and got no response, then he opens fire into the bathroom though he couldnt see who was inside..

Interesting facts that would play a key part in his judgement include;

•Pistorius Claims he thought Steenkamp was a burglar and they were deeply in love

•Prosecution Witness heard the shouting between 2am and 3am

•Post-mortem examination showed model's bladder was empty

•Box of .38 calibre ammunition rounds found, but he was not licence holder

•Witness who allegedly heard screaming lived 600 metres away

•No sign of an assault or a struggle on Miss Steenkamp's body

•Police found: 'Two boxes of testosterone, needles and injections'

[/b]
Nigga is a die-hard liar angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:17am On Sep 11, 2014
Sad end of an awesome athlete.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 10:18am On Sep 11, 2014
MadCow1:

You need to relax..

The Prosecution made their case.. The Defence simply poked holes in the prosecution case. The sad part of the Law is that though everything might point towards Oscar shooting his Nwababy in cold blood, if the Defence can just raise a little doubt in the mind of the Jury or the judge, their client walks.. wink

And so far, I learnt the prosecution fhucked this case up just like the prosecution did with the O.J Simpson trial.

The Nigga would walk, not cos we believe he is innocent, but because the Prosecution could not prove their case beyond reasonable doubt.

so the pitbüll prosecutor is a barking dog without a bite after all?

somebody should bring pickabeau1 here - i want to laugh in his face. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

seriously - pistorius is not guilty!

the judge just said now that the deceased couldn't have screamed cos she must have died instantly when the shots were fired.

the false witnesses have allowed pistorius to walk free with their idiotic lies. the only person that screamed was oscar himself after he realised he had shot his own girlfriend.

that's a very big plus for the defence team!

exactly, how can the girl scream loud after being shot three time? and i think one of the bullets was on her head? i think the prosecutors really messed up the case in favor of Oscar.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 10:21am On Sep 11, 2014
Brb
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 11, 2014

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 10:23am On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

exactly, how can the girl scream loud after being shot three time? and i think one of the bullets was on her head? i think the prosecutors really messed up the case in favor of Oscar.

either that or pistorius was innocent from the get go. witnesses staying 600 metres away and lying they heard the screams of a woman ruined the case. it's not just possible for all the factors to have worked in his favour by luck.....

then you have the useless police officer that contaminated the crime scene with his shoes. the ridiculous whatsapp messages presented as evidence & the food content in her belly(which isn't an exact science) all ruined the case.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by MadCow1: 10:24am On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

She was hit 3 times... How can you prove that the first shot hit her head? undecided

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Ellidude(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2014
Feeling bad about the lady's plight.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by fnep2smooth(m): 10:26am On Sep 11, 2014
they guy will walk free ..... no be white way him be.... they will manipulate the case and declare him innocent.
South Africa, the white country in Africa undecided

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by nifton(m): 10:26am On Sep 11, 2014
Am enjoying d procedings,the judges chronology of events and assumptions is quite coherent.My predictions is dat pistorius wil not be severely convicted(death sentence or life jail),but not totally exonorated cus ignorance is not an excuse against d law,so i predict btw 5-10 years jail.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 11, 2014
chibc: yea, I hope so too. So u can be his next girlfriend and next in line to be .... u know the rest.

how many girls has he killed before, watch what you say.
but the mother of a renown southafrican born nollywood actress is free today, we also have a renowned nollywood actress who also is free today because their cases was considered either self-defence or accidental mistake. why not Oscar?
when the killer is a woman she should be freed abi? men should be jailed even if it was a mistake abi?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by MadCow1: 10:26am On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

either that or pistorius was innocent from the get go. witnesses staying 600 metres away and lying they heard the screams of a woman ruined the case. it's not just possible for all the factors to have worked in his favour by luck.....

then you have the useless police officer that contaminated the crime scene with his shoes. the ridiculous whatsapp messages presented as evidence & the food content in her belly(which isn't an exact science) all ruined the case.

The problem was not the witness who heard screams.. 600 Meters isnt too far off considering the layout of Mr. Pistorious' house.

The contamination of the crime scene was a bigger blow to the prosecution.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by CoCoLav(f): 10:27am On Sep 11, 2014
Reasonable doubt....saving criminals since 18BC

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 11, 2014
MadCow1:

You need to relax..

I concur.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by lakamua: 10:31am On Sep 11, 2014
why use a female judge? smh for corruption
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

so the pitbüll prosecutor is a barking dog without a bite after all?

somebody should bring pickabeau1 here - i want to laugh in his face. cheesy grin

lol that prosecutor has already booked his weekend reservations in a Caribbean Island resort with hot pikini babes cheesy
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 11, 2014
MadCow1: Oscar is definitely guilty..

until proven innocent.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 10:32am On Sep 11, 2014
MadCow1:
The problem was not the witness who heard screams.. 600 Meters isnt too far off considering the layout of Mr. Pistorious' house.

it's part of it -
makes it seem like there's a force out there that wants pistorius punished for a crime he might not have committed.

they lied about the number of gunshots they heard & they lied about who was doing the screaming. that's a big hole in the prosecutor's evidence.

The contamination of the crime scene was a bigger blow to the prosecution.

the contamination of the crime scene couldn't have been much of a big hole. initially, the evidence was that they were having an argument, pistorius chased her into the loo & he shot her as she was screaming for help.

contaminating the crime scene had nothing to do with that. reeva died almost immediately. she never screamed! oscar shot through the door & there was no visible wounds of assault on her body apart from the exit wounds - contrary to what the witnesses said that he was beating her before she ran away from him to save herself.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

Some months back a 17year old boy was shot by a Policeman on his street. His family heard him scream when he was shot, and that is how they, everyone ran out and gathered. He didnt make it though.

A few weeks ago, I read of a man who was impaled by a rod through his head. He remained conscious at the hospital even before it was removed. He also survived it.

Others have survived multiple gunshots in vital parts before. I believe if we googled right now, we'd come across incidences where people have survived gunshots in the head.

My point is, if the above were possible, then why does the Judge, no, why do you think it impossible that Reeva had managed to let out a scream even if the first bullet had hit her in the head?

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 11, 2014
Court's back in session, judge could take two days to announce verdict.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by MadCow1: 10:38am On Sep 11, 2014
Summary of the Prosecutions Case against Pistorious..

When did they last eat?

Pistorius says: Reeva cooked chicken strips and a vegetable stir-fry, and they ate at 7pm
The prosecution says: Vegetable matter found in Reeva’s stomach very strongly indicates she ate within two hours of death. And she is unlikely to have gone downstairs and eaten in the middle of the night, as it would have required unlocking the bedroom door, and deactivating the downstairs alarm.

When did the pair go to bed?

Pistorius says:
The pair went to bed at between 9 and 10pm.
The prosecution says: The contents of Reeva's stomach suggest she ate around 1am, which was when a neighbour Estelle Van der Merwe says she heard arguments.

Who was awake – and when?

Pistorius says:
He spoke to Reeva at around 3am, that she said to him: "What’s wrong, baba? Can’t you sleep?" And he replied, "not tonight".
The prosecution says: Why was this detail not made clear at the bail application, when he seemed to suggest he didn’t know if Reeva was asleep or awake.

Large fan and duvet would have blocked Pistorius's way en route to the balcony where he claims he called for help What about the fans on the balcony?
Pistorius says
: He went to the balcony to ‘bring in two fans’
The prosecution says:[b] Why was there only one fan mentioned at the bail application a year ago, and why is he no longer claiming he went fully on to the balcony, and is now saying only part of one the fans was outside the balcony doors.

[b]And the blue LED light on the stereo?
Pistorius says:
He picked up Reeva’s discarded jeans, wishing to place them over a blue light coming from his amplifier, that was disturbing him.

The prosecution says:[b] There were many lights on the amplifier, not just the blue one, and a red light on the television. Why was that one bothering him so much?

[b]Reeva Steenkamp's jeans were found on the floor of Oscar Pistorius's bedroom. The athlete claims the crime scene was contaminated and objects, including the duvet, the jeans and a large fan, were moved Why were Reeva's jeans on the floor and inside out?
Pistorius says:
He picked up Reeva’s jeans from the floor.
The prosecution says: Why were Reeva’s jeans discarded on the floor, inside out, when all her other possessions were folded away neatly in her overnight bag? The prosecution says they were there because she was intending to put them on. That they had had an argument and she wanted to leave.

Was there a noise from the bathroom? And who could have made it?

Pistorius says:
While attending to the fan, Pistorius says he heard the sound of his bathroom window opening. He immediately became sure an intruder had entered. He whispered to Reeva to get down, and shouted to the intruders to “Get the f**k out of my house.”
The prosecution says:/b] How can he not have known Reeva had passed behind him and into the bathroom? It was pitch dark. She had her cellphone with her, which even Pistorius says she would probably have used to guide her. Yet he didn’t see this light as it passed down the passageway to his left. Even though, the tiny blue LED was bothering him.

[b]Did the toilet door slam shut?
The toilet cubicle in which Reeva Steenkamp was shot was reconstructed in court
Pistorius says:
He heard the toilet cubicle door slam shut, and became certain an intruder or intruders had shut themselves in there. The
prosecution says: There is no mention of this crucial noise in the bail application, or in his plea explanation. Pistorius says he told his defence counsel, but they left it out. “Why would they do that?” Nel asked him, many times. “I’m not sure,” was the athlete’s reply. The state also pointed out that the door was locked. Pistorius has never mentioned hearing the door locked. The sound of the door being locked was demonstrated. It is distinctive.

Reeva Steenkamp sent Pistorius a photograph blowing a kiss a month before she was shot dead in his Pretoria home Why didn't he check on Reeva?
Pistorius says:
He picked up his firearm and moved, slowly, on his stumps, down the passageway from bedroom to toilet, shouting for Reeva to phone the police. But at no time did she make any noise, or establish communication with him whatsoever. He maintains she would have hidden silently in the toilet, fearful of the intruders she imagined him to be shouting at.
The prosecution says: [/b]Why didn’t he first check if Reeva was OK, as he left the bedroom? How did he not establish that she wasn’t there. Both sets of neighbours who have testified in the case have said how, when they heard a noise in the middle of the night that night, they turned to each other and said ‘Did you hear that?’ But Oscar didn’t.

[b]Why did Pistorius approach 'the intruder'?
The door through which Reeva Steenkamp was shot used as evidence and displayed during the Oscar Pistorius murder trial at the high court in Pretoria Pistorius says:
That he moved down the passage into the bathroom, his gun pointed in front of him, but held with a bent arm, loosely by his side and into the bathroom. There, he stopped shouting, as he didn’t want to ‘reveal his position'.
The prosecution says: Why would he move towards the danger? There were many options open to him. To go out on to the balcony, or to go out of the bedroom door and downstairs to safety.
Pistorius says: He is not one to "cower away. That’s not who I am". And that he moved toward the passage imagining Reeva to still be behind him in the bedroom, because he wanted to put himself between Reeva and the danger.

Close-up of Oscar Pistorius's 9mm pistol Did he mean to fire the gun?
Pistorius says:
He had his gun pointed towards the toilet door. Not aimed, specifically, but pointed, as that’s where the danger was. He heard a sound of ‘wood moving’ inside the cubicle, that he perceived as "someone coming out to attack me" and "before I knew it, I had fired four shots at the door". He didn’t, he says "intend to kill anyone".
The prosecution says: He was "in control of his actions" at all times. That he could see the door. The handle didn’t move. The door didn’t move. Yet he still fired four shots into it. Why four, he was asked. Why didn’t he empty the whole magazine?

Prosecution claims Pistorius fired at the toilet, he then changed position and fired two shots at the magazine rack Did he know Reeva was in the toilet?
The prosecution says:
Pistorius knew Reeva was behind the door. She was talking to him when he shot her. The bullet trajectory shows the first shot aimed towards the toilet. That he then changed position, and fired the next two in the direction of a magazine rack on the floor. The first bullet struck Reeva in the hip. Pistorius heard her fall, and then changed position.
Pistorius says: Simply that it isn’t true. And that there’s no way he could have heard Reeva fall. His ears were ringing from the gunshot in the enclosed space.

The house where Oscar Pistorius lived with Reeva Steenkamp in Silver Woods is heavily protected Did Reeva cry out?
Pistorius says:
Reeva didn’t scream, not even at the first bullet that hit her thigh. There is no way his neighbours could have heard the sound of a woman’s screams during the gunshots that killed her. In his version of events, Reeva never screams. He also said he couldn’t hear himself scream after firing the shots, the ringing in his ears was so loud.
The prosecution says: Several of Pistorius’s neighbours claim to have heard the sound of a woman screaming. If he couldn’t hear himself scream, how could he be so certain Reeva didn’t scream? “You forgot about the ringing in your ears,” Prosecutor Nel put to him, as evidence that Pistorius was “tailoring” his story as he went along.

Oscar Pistorius puts his hands to his head while he sits during his trial at the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria Did Pistorius scream?
Pistorius says:
He ran back to the bedroom, calling out for Reeva. She wasn’t there. He checked by the side of the bed, where he told her to hide. He ran his hands along the curtains to see if she was behind them. She wasn’t. He began to think it could have been Reeva behind the door. He went out on the balcony and "cried for help".
The prosecution says: When the police arrived in the morning, the fan he had brought in from the balcony was directly in the way of the balcony doors. He couldn’t have gone out on the balcony to call for help, and that fan still be where it was.

Why didn't he look for Reeva anywhere else in the house?
The prosecution says:
Why didn’t Oscar search the rest of the house? Check if Reeva had gone downstairs.
Pistorius says: He had already become fearful she was in the toilet cubicle. Why would he "waste time" searching the rest of the house?

Cricket bat used by Oscar Pistorius to smash down the locked toilet door through which Reeva Steenkamp was shot dead What about the cricket bat?
Pistorius says:
He put on his prosthetic legs, crying out for Reeva all the while, and went back to the bathroom and struck the door with a cricket bat. Eventually a piece at the top came away, and he saw Reeva slumped on the toilet. He found the key on the floor, opened the door, went into the bathroom and held her.
The prosecution says: Why, at that moment of intense panic and dread, discovering the body, did the screaming stop? That Pistorius didn’t scream at this time matches the version of events heard by the athlete’s neighbours. It is yet more 'tailoring of evidence'. The marks on the door are at a height that suggests Pistorius was on his stumps, not his prostheses.

A close of up of Pistorius's duvet found on the floor on his bedroom run next to a large tripod fan And the blood and the duvet?
Pistorius says:
He carried Reeva down the stairs and outside. A doctor neighbour arrived shortly after.
The prosecution says: There is blood spatter on the duvet on the floor in Pistorius’s bedroom, likely to have found its way there when the athlete carried Reeva’s body past. The spatter indicates the duvet was on the floor at the time, and Reeva’s jeans are on top of it.
Pistorius says: The duvet was on the bed when the incident happened. That it was placed on the floor by the police, who tampered with evidence at the crime scene.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Hakeem Effect Transforms Nancy Isime And IK Ogbonna To Their Opposite Sex(es) / How Toyin Aimakhu Eventually Shamed Me After All I Did For Her - Seun Egbegbe / Davido Spotted At His Cousin, Nikos Babii's Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.