Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,854 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:45 AM

Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. (2453 Views)

Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind / Must I Befriend My Husband Mistress Before There Will Be Peace In My Home? / Children Speaks Their Mind: Which Is The Most Intelligent Answer Of Them All? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by omoharry(f): 10:19am On Sep 11, 2014
If you are ask to choose between' MONEY and PEACE of mind', which would you rather have for life. You to choose just one out of the two options.

1 Like

Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 11, 2014
Peace of mind •
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by nnadychuks(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2014
do you really think the poor man has peace of mind? I go for both of them

2 Likes

Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Kanwulia: 10:25am On Sep 11, 2014
Peace of mind! kiss
I don't have money, but I have THE PEACE OF MIND THAT PASSETH ALL UNDERSTANDING!!!

Nothing disturbs my sleep!
Day or night!
Besides, I am from EDO state. . . . We do not worship material things!
The reason we get along BEST with NORTHERNERS! And worst with EASTERNERS AND WESTERNERS. . . . The most materialistic in AFRICA! kiss

AWON my borrow-borrow Mercedes is dirtier than yours! grin
Sheeeeeesh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Katier00(f): 10:44am On Sep 11, 2014
I will go for money,money can give you peace to some extend but if you are looking for total peace of mind, you cannot find it in this our present day world unless when you die and when you make heaven and you cant make heaven when you are too poor because temptations will surround you

2 Likes

Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by avuekwe(f): 10:52am On Sep 11, 2014
Peace of mind, not to worry about what tomorrow will be but being assured that the present circumstances is working out for my glory.

3 Likes

Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Unionised(m): 10:59am On Sep 11, 2014
BOTH!!!

Must have it all. cool
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Tallesty1(m): 11:00am On Sep 11, 2014
Money............ How can one have peace of mind without money??

How can one feel secure or realize some goals and dreams without money?

1 Like

Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 11, 2014
nobody wants peace of mind without money. it's better to embezzle millions and be chased around by efcc than to have peace of mind and live in penury
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by crackhaus: 11:12am On Sep 11, 2014
Kanwulia: Peace of mind! kiss
I don't have money, but I have THE PEACE OF MIND THAT PASSETH ALL UNDERSTANDING!!!

Nothing disturbs my sleep!
Day or night!
Besides, I am from EDO state. . . . We do not worship material things!
The reason we get along BEST with NORTHERNERS! And worst with EASTERNERS AND WESTERNERS. . . . The most materialistic in AFRICA! kiss

AWON my borrow-borrow Mercedes is dirtier than yours! grin
Sheeeeeesh!
shockedshockedshocked

Yet you never cease in dissing Edo people...wonders
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by crackhaus: 11:21am On Sep 11, 2014
@topic, depends on how much money we're talking about.

If it's the kind of money that can get me a beach house in Bora Bora, with at least an accompanying 50ft of private beach access...then fvck peace of mind.
I'm taking all that cheddar and buying myself some peace of mind yo!

1 Like

Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by UjSizzle(f): 11:24am On Sep 11, 2014
crackhaus: @topic, depends on how much money we're talking about.

If it's the kind of money that can get me a beach house in Bora Bora, with at least an accompanying 50ft of private beach access...then fvck peace of mind.
I'm taking all that cheddar and buying myself some peace of mind yo!
grin

@Topic. Peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by UjSizzle(f): 11:26am On Sep 11, 2014
Katier00: I will go for money,money can give you peace to some extend but if you are looking for total peace of mind, you cannot find it in this our present day world unless when you die and when you make heaven and you cant make heaven when you are too poor because temptations will surround you
And temptations cease when you are rich? What was it Jesus said about the rich man, camels and needles again?
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 11, 2014
nnadychuks: do you really think the poor man has peace of mind? I go for both of them
Seconded.When poor man will be worrying about feeding,school fees,house rent e.t.c.Where is space for peace of mind.
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by chaberry(m): 11:50am On Sep 11, 2014
What did i need a peace of mind 4 when i have alot of problems Money can solve
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by kreamidiva(f): 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
I don't think the op is saying peace of mind in poverty.

I'll go for peace of mind as long as I'm comfortable and not thinking of where my next meal would come from.

1 Like

Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Kanwulia: 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
crackhaus:
shockedshockedshocked

Yet you never cease in dissing Edo people...wonders

You sef!
So because I am from EDO state I should not "DISS the DISABLED"?

You should know be by now!
I don't have a favorite when it comes to NIGERIANS o.
Na wetin I nor like dey piss me off!
If I like sointin, I go tok'an! kiss
No favorites.

Except my dear Northerners. . . . MY VERY BEST OF THE WORST! cool

*work don close. time to go look toto and blokos for watssup. CHEI!!! my life has never been the same since i joined this watssup of a mess. the kain tin wey some kraaaaaaaaase pipo dey sen me ehn? shocked. . . . . Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!EWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!na so-so strong PO-NO! see as blokos loooooooooong like the SERPENT OF EDEN own!!!!* grin
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by crackhaus: 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
Kanwulia:

You sef!
So because I am from EDO state I should not "DISS the DISABLED"?

You should know be by now!
I don't have a favorite when it comes to NIGERIANS o.
Na wetin I nor like dey piss me off!
If I like sointin, I go tok'an! kiss
No favorites.

Except my dear Northerners. . . . MY VERY BEST OF THE WORST! cool

*work don close. time to go look toto and blokos for watssup. CHEI!!! my life has never been the same since i joined this watssup of a mess. the kain tin wey some kraaaaaaaaase pipo dey sen me ehn? shocked. . . . . Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!EWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!na so-so strong PO-NO! see as blokos loooooooooong like the SERPENT OF EDEN own!!!!* grin
Lol..serpent of Eden indeed.

No be you tell them to send am give you?
For ya viewing pleasure grin
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Haywhymido(m): 1:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Money i will go 4
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Kanwulia: 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
crackhaus:
Lol..serpent of Eden indeed.

No be you tell them to send am give you?
For ya viewing pleasure grin

*sssssshhhh you are disturbing my concentration o. CHAI!!! see wan smallllll white ghyel seriously GROOOOVING a HORSE! shocked na de horse dey wound o! see blood efry whia!!!! UNBEHLIVEHBU!!!shocked*
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by dytbabe: 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
The only thing that's not makin me have peace of mind now is nothing bt MONEY
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Katier00(f): 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
UjSizzle:
And temptations cease when you are rich? What was it Jesus said about the rich man, camels and needles again?
Forget what happened during Jesus's time and face reality, a rich man or rather a comfortable man is not prone to petty temptations like, i stole the money to pay my children's school fees or hospital bill or i slept with him because of my house rent, there are things you can avoid when you are comfortable and responsible, your goal will be towards achieving greatness and that can make you honest and good, if you are contended
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by crackhaus: 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Kanwulia:

*sssssshhhh you are disturbing my concentration o. CHAI!!! see wan smallllll white ghyel seriously GROOOOVING a HORSE! shocked na de horse dey wound o! see blood efry whia!!!! UNBEHLIVEHBU!!!shocked*
Evil.. grin
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by UjSizzle(f): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
Katier00: Forget what happened during Jesus's time and face reality, a rich man or rather a comfortable man is not prone to petty temptations like, i stole the money to pay my children's school fees or hospital bill or i slept with him because of my house rent, there are things you can avoid when you are comfortable and responsible, your goal will be towards achieving greatness and that can make you honest and good, if you are contended
Nne I only brought that up because you talked about the afterlife and peace.
If we talk about the possibility of neglecting God by being carried away by the affairs of this world, then the rich are also tempted.
Or all those beautiful women throwing themselves at you because of all that money?

Everyone, rich and poor alike are subject to temptations. They just come in different ways.
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Kanwulia: 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
crackhaus:
Evil.. grin

No let cocoKPOMO catch you for hia o! grin
I nor get pawa e jor o.
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by MadCow1: 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
omoharry: If you are ask to choose between' MONEY and PEACE of mind', which would you rather have for life. You to choose just one out of the two options.

Money Answereth ALL THINGS... Including Peace of Mind

[img]http://media3./media/qan0r16ZJY2Qg/giphy.gif[/img]
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Chubhie: 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
I believe in contentment. But, how would you expect a monk to have peace of mind when all he gets bombarded with daily are nak!d women and fast cars. To stay alive on planet earth is becoming more and more expensive as the day goes by so, you need money to stay alive.
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
What exactly is peace of mind? Is it the absence of all forms of problems, worries and troubles? If yes, then peace of mind it is. If no, then I'd rather have money.
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Katier00(f): 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
UjSizzle:
Nne I only brought that up because you talked about the afterlife and peace.
If we talk about the possibility of neglecting God by being carried away by the affairs of this world, then the rich are also tempted.
Or all those beautiful women throwing themselves at you because of all that money?

Everyone, rich and poor alike are subject to temptations. They just come in different ways.
I agree with you but you will find out that if I am comfortable now, there are many sins I can avoid( unless if am not discipline which is a different thing all together) and that will make it easier for me to make heaven but lack of money can lead you into doing funny things in the name of being desperate. We are not neglecting God o, I just like using our everyday life to site example, alot has change from Jesus's time to our present day lives
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by UjSizzle(f): 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
Katier00: I agree with you but you will find out that if I am comfortable now, there are many sins I can avoid( unless if am not discipline which is a different thing all together) and that will make it easier for me to make heaven but lack of money can lead you into doing funny things in the name of being desperate. We are not neglecting God o, I just like using our everyday life to site example, alot has change from Jesus's time to our present day lives
Look at it this way;
This is Nigeria.
We have politicians.
Politicians are rich.
There is corruption.
Money is embezzled by the rich politicians.

You define 'pettiness' by your standard. For a person earning a comfortable salary of about #100,000 monthly, stealing a bar of soap or #1,000 is petty; taking #1,000,000 isn't.
To a man barely making #200 per day, #1,000 isn't petty.

I'm being realistic here. The standard of measurement for what constitutes temptation varies as a person climbs the social/income ladder.
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
Both.
Re: Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lol cheesy
dytbabe: The only thing that's not makin me have peace of mind now is nothing bt MONEY
Money cannot give you peace
You can only buy soft beds, you can't buy sleep
Peace is not in money, estates, bungalows and possessions

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Asked To Have Sex With Dead Husband / How Do I Deal With My Wicked Uncle? / I’m Losing My Head, Home And World! Please, Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.