Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? (2233 Views)

5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook / Man Orders Wife To Refund N1.4 Million He Spent In Marrying Her In Lagos / Do You Believe In Marrying Young? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
I was chilling with some football-friends while watching last nite's supa chicken's game and doing some green bottles. And we got talking abt d importance of marrying a graduate lady. Day all sed d lady day marry must be a graduate. When I asked for dia reasons, day sed day want som1 dat is exposed. Day want someone dat is presentable. One was like 'what will she teach my children?' One of dem sed ladies dis days want a husband dat is both a graduate and has a good job, so why shd day settle for less? D oda one was not ready to spend money to send his wife to school.

Men!I was like, brosis! Is marriage now a job opportunity where d babe must be graduate first b4 u go marry am? Or is any non-graduate female now a marital liability? D mata just tire me cos I cdnt make dem see my point of view. I just cdnt believe some guys hav such mentality.

Well, I decided to ask d house, is der any disadvantage in marrying a lady dat is not a graduate?
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by rawpadgin(m): 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
in tubaba's voice "to be civilize u don't have to be educated"
honestly, education is slightly overrated in this country.
as long as u can earn a living legally u are good to go. IMO though
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by dytbabe: 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
I will know what to write after u have answered.
What do u think?
Can u marry a non graduate?
Ur answer determines my own response
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
dytbabe: I will know what to write after u have answered.
What do u think?
Can u marry a non graduate?
Ur answer determines my own response

Babe, wetin be ur issue na? I ask question u day use am raise issue. Y una life come day like dis na?
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by dytbabe: 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
obongproff:

Babe, wetin be ur issue na? I ask question u day use am raise issue. Y una life come day like dis na?

So its hard for u to answer abi?
U actually lucky u didn't
Ur lucky day

1 Like

Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by oweniwe(m): 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
obongproff. . To anwser simple question is so hard for u. . . . SMH

if OP no answer d question make nobody answer am. .

dyt. . Ur connection fast o

Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by bigheart2013(m): 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
It depends on many factors:

1. your own qualification. Women tend to marry up while men tend to marry down. Simply put a man who only has an undergraduate degree can marry a lady who has high school, a man with masters can marry an under graduate but usually not vice versa- women should marry up (Someone who is either same level better or financially and academically than they are) to instill respect

2. If the person's work/ life experience can be substituted for educational qualification. Meaning the person may not have a university degree however has same level of exposure as a graduate due to his/ her work

3. Depending on where the person lives. Eg High school students in the USA are ready to go and can compete with many college students in Nigeria due to the falling standard of education in Nigeria. In order words there's no reason for High School graduate in USA cannot marry an undergraduate in Nigeria.

In the end you are no marrying book and paper you are marrying personality. It's all about him or her.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by ammyluv2002(f): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
Graduates get level o! Some graduates can't even read or write, some can't speak well, some lack composure as in they behave like mad dogs bla bla bla so I think graduate shouldn't be the word here but "exposed or civilized ( better civilization o no be crazy one)

2 Likes

Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Otutu1(m): 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
And even at that I can't marry just any graduate. She should be a professional
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
What's the joy in marrying a graduate,and then you're both unhappy for the rest of your lives sad if it's a non graduate that gives you peace of mind, and a graduate that makes you monitor your BP every two days,what would you rather go for?

2 Likes

Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by priest2u(m): 5:20pm On Sep 12, 2014
iwakolewa: What's the joy in marrying a graduate,and then you're both unhappy for the rest of your lives sad if it's a non graduate that gives you peace of mind, and a graduate that makes you monitor your BP every two days,what would you rather go for?
you've said it all. I remember when I was searching for a wife I met this girl doing her masters, I have masters degree too. She was giving me so much trouble though she claims to like me. I later got fed up and hook up with a more prettier young undergraduate babe and sincethen my peace has known no bounds . My point as long as I can have peace and love I really don't care if she's a graduate or not.

2 Likes

Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
bigheart2013: It depends on many factors:

1. your own qualification. Women tend to marry up while men tend to marry down. Simply put a man who only has an undergraduate degree can marry a lady who has high school, a man with masters can marry an under graduate but usually not vice versa- women should marry up (Someone who is either same level better or financially and academically than they are) to instill respect

2. If the person's work/ life experience can be substituted for educational qualification. Meaning the person may not have a university degree however has same level of exposure as a graduate due to his/ her work

3. Depending on where the person lives. Eg High school students in the USA are ready to go and can compete with many college students in Nigeria due to the falling standard of education in Nigeria. In order words there's no reason for High School graduate in USA cannot marry an undergraduate in Nigeria.

In the end you are no marrying book and paper you are marrying personality. It's all about him or her.

Well sed bros, well sed.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
priest2u:
you've said it all. I remember when I was searching for a wife I met this girl doing her masters, I have masters degree too. She was giving me so much trouble though she claims to like me. I later got fed up and hook up with a more prettier young undergraduate babe and sincethen my peace has known no bounds . My point as long as I can have peace and love I really don't care if she's a graduate or not.

U make plenty point hia blos.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
dytbabe:

So its hard for u to answer abi?
U actually lucky u didn't
Ur lucky day

U like quarrel pass fight abi? Hope say u no day give ya man wahala like dis?
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
rawpadgin: in tubaba's voice "to be civilize u don't have to be educated"
honestly, education is slightly overrated in this country.
as long as u can earn a living legally u are good to go. IMO though

Making money is not the only purpose of education.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by dytbabe: 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
obongproff:

U like quarrel pass fight abi? Hope say u no day give ya man wahala like dis?

grin grin grin
Na u sabi that one oo
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
There is. If you are intending to be the future president, please do not embarrass the country with a first lady like chai chai chai, diaris God oooo Patience J.

1 Like

Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by rawpadgin(m): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Making money is not the only purpose of education.
yeah, but its the most important
ask all the undergraduate in this country if they will dropout for 20 million naira, 98% will yell, YES!
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by rawpadgin(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
carefreewannabe: There is. If you are intending to be the future president, please do not embarrass the country with a first lady like chai chai chai, diaris God oooo Patience J.
& u think the first lady is not educated?
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
rawpadgin: & u think the first lady is not educated?

She OBVIOUSLY is NOT.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
rawpadgin: yeah, but its the most important
ask all the undergraduate in this country if they will dropout for 20 million naira, 98% will yell, YES!

In a poor country, people worship money. Developed countries know why education is important. This is why they are so well developed.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by priest2u(m): 8:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
carefreewannabe: There is. If you are intending to be the future president, please do not embarrass the country with a first lady like chai chai chai, diaris God oooo Patience J.
If after secondary school a woman cannot communicate clearly in English language then university will not help her. Please note the difference being educated doesn't translate to a university degree , some secondary school girls are more refined and educated than some so called graduate .

3 Likes

Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
priest2u:
If after secondary school a woman cannot communicate clearly in English language then university will not help her. Please note the difference being educated doesn't translate to a university degree , some secondary school girls are more refined and educated than some so called graduate .

I agree.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

She OBVIOUSLY is NOT.

I think madam P just has an english fluency problem. Does dat mean she is not educated?
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
obongproff:

I think madam P just has an english fluency problem. Does dat mean she is not educated?

Just?? shocked

English is Nigeria's official language and eloquence says a lot about a person's educational background.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Just?? shocked

English is Nigeria's official language and eloquence says a lot about a person's educational background.

Eloquence and fluency are not d same. Jona is fluent but not eloquent doe he is educated. Madam P is not even close to fluent.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
obongproff:

Eloquence and fluency are not d same. Jona is fluent but not eloquent doe he is educated. Madam P is not even close to fluent.

The fact that she is not EVEN fluent shows that she lacks proper education.

The fact that a president is not eloquent shows what a leader Nigeria has, one who is NOT well-educated either.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

The fact that she is not EVEN fluent shows that she lacks proper education.

The fact that a president is not eloquent shows what a leader Nigeria has, one who is NOT well-educated either.

Eloquence is not a measure of good leadership. Its only a necessary skill for good public speaking. Hitler was eloquent. Sanusi is eloquent but he spent CBN's money wella. Yar Adua was not eloquent but he was a good leader.

Leadership is not all abt eloquence my dear.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 4:30am On Sep 13, 2014
obongproff:

Eloquence is not a measure of good leadership. Its only a necessary skill for good public speaking. Hitler was eloquent. Sanusi is eloquent but he spent CBN's money wella. Yar Adua was not eloquent but he was a good leader.

Leadership is not all abt eloquence my dear.

Eloquence says a lot about someone's educational background and education is necessary for good leadership.

#BringBackOurGirls
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Eloquence says a lot about someone's educational background and education is necessary for good leadership.

#BringBackOurGirls

I give up! Madam, u win!
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 13, 2014
obongproff:

I give up! Madam, u win!

Was it a fight? shocked smiley
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Was it a fight? shocked smiley

No ma, it was only a typical example of 'I-no-go-gree! I-no-go-gree!' attitude. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girl Dies A Week After Her Best Friend Married Her Ex-boyfriend (photos) / Warning: The Horrible Effects Of New Birth Control Pills (everyone, Please Read) / Please Can Anyone Give Me Copies Of National Common Entrance Past Questions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.