Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . (48263 Views)

Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / The Origin Of Osun Osogbo Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by mistudreh(m): 11:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
yoged: o ka re keee, iyan a yun leru re.
O se keee baaaa mi. O ma nu kan ro bi opo ina kan ka waya ori re lo oooo.

One love bro... God bless

1 Like

Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by sapientia1(m): 7:15am On Sep 16, 2014
AmiableJay:
Lol. You ain't based there, right?
My school is there sir
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by AmiableJay(m): 12:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
sapientia1: My school is there sir
UNIOSUN?
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by demmygmail(m): 1:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
where is ILARE now in IJESAs list?
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by sapientia1(m): 6:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
AmiableJay:
UNIOSUN?
Yeah
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by Hollyb(f): 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
AmiableJay:
My sister. Where in Ikire are you from?
irewole local govt sha
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
benzion72:

[s]What is the last census population figure of all your reference Ife towns. No politician play with Modakeke vote during election. While the Old Ilesha LGA now has 6 LGA, the Old Oluyole LGA has 12 LGA. The old Oranmiyan LGA has only 4 LGA. This shows that haters dont prosper. While Modakeke was in Ife North. They always produce the LGA chairman because they are more populous than the whole 7 Origbo town.My friend grow up and stop inheriting the hate of your fore generations[/s]
That doesn't answer my question, does it All what you typed above is hot air.
What I said in simple term is modakeke has no LGA. Modakeke LGA does not exist in Osun State. Simple as ABC.
Area office: Yes. Ife East Area Office, Modakeke that is.
LGA: NO.

mytym:
Youngman...
I suggest that you and every other person who may be interested to google a very old book on yoruba history, and if you are graced order it and read. Johnson's Account of The Yorubas written by Rev. Samuel Johnson

Like another nairalander said, the votes of modakeke ppl has always been a considerable swing decider in any election right from first republic. If you have doubts about this, kindly ask from Gov. Aregbesola and Senator Omisore.
Dude, rev. Johnson was an Oyo man, same as modakeke...Every yoruba historian knows that his tales by moonlight book on the history of Yoruba is biased.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by benzion72(m): 4:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
An area Office for Modakeke mean that the Federal Government recognized that they are different entity. Ile Ife is doing more harm than good to herself by not living at peace with Modakeke. The first jolt is the construction of Benin Ore Road. All traffic to the Eastern part of Nigeria that normally pass through the town was cut off due to the early 80 wars between the two town. The wars of the 90 also allow the construction of Ilesha and Ipetumodu express this divert all traffic from Ibadan to Akure and the North away from the towns. Imagine the volume of transaction lost with those two diversions. Both towns are ghost of themselves. The only federal presence is the Obafemi Awolowo University.

In the state creation Ile Ife lost to Osogbo which use to be a rustic town. Today Osogbo is a metropolitan city. Attested to by the last election they have the highest vote in the State. In Oyo state Oyo town retain the name of the state and Ibadan retain the capital. In the case of Osun they both retain the capital and the name of the state. Imagine the value of property in Osogbo now compare to Ile Ife. I will rather invest my Money in a state capital than Ile Ife or Modakeke, Where there craze can come on them and they start burning property down

I am not an apologist of either of the town, but my take is that until both town learn to live together in harmony good things will always elude the town. Ile Ife people should learn to accept Modakeke people not as a serf or tenant but equal partner in the development of their towns.
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 22, 2014
Can I know little about Ede South local govt area? I am posted there and I want to know how that place is. Thanks.
#OneLoveEde
#OneLoveEdeSouth
#OneLoveOsunState.
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by bright499(m): 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
saxywale:
That doesn't answer my question, does it All what you typed above is hot air.
What I said in simple term is modakeke has no LGA. Modakeke LGA does not exist in Osun State. Simple as ABC.
Area office: Yes. Ife East Area Office, Modakeke that is.
LGA: NO.

Dude, rev. Johnson was an Oyo man, same as modakeke...Every yoruba historian knows that his tales by moonlight book on the history of Yoruba is biased.
u people should stop fighting on local government both ife and modakeke are important in osun state.
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by Lorechino(m): 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
Lorechino: is this op or fp
op and fp
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by bamzz: 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
MrPresident1:

You are wrong.

Ikirun, Offa, Okuku, Osogbo belong to the Oyo subdivision, and are not Igbomina.

My bad. Thanks for the correction.
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by oyatz(m): 8:14am On Apr 08, 2017
But you are Igbo in your thread on ' Pictures from the civil war'

ahkenaten:
irepodun ilobu......tho i've been there just once...

any other ilobite??
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by ahkenaten(m): 3:24am On Apr 26, 2017
oyatz:

igbo ? how ? Which thread ?
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by Sammy07: 11:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
op oke igbo is in ondo state not osun state
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by lakesidepapa(m): 9:51pm On May 03, 2017
NewNigeriaMind:
omo Ereja here. ijesa lomo. omo mara mara ti o ra ogbo eru ni o jo. omo asiwin ni ori eru. ti alejo ba koja ni iwaju ile baba mi ani edumare je ki n da bi onile yi. ti eru ba ku ma ra emi. omo ogboni ijesa.

which one are u? adeoye or adeolu? I know u guys
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by ahkenaten(m): 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
oyatz:

civil war? me? wrong person. ... proudly yoruba.
Re: The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . by vaxx: 11:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
PaulJohn1:
It is located in the heart of the Yoruba Kindom(found in Nigeria and the republic of Benin). Osun State is bounded in the West by Oyo State, Ondo and Ekiti States in the East, Kwara State in the North and Ogun in the South.

Tourist Centres
The state has a rich cultural heritage which shows in their music, art, dances, dresses and cultural festivals. They are well known for their talking drums and bata music. They are also known for excellent works of art.

Some tourist attractions in the state of Osun include:
*The famous Ife bronze, (Ile-Ife)
*The Oranmiyan Staff which is believed to be the fighting stick of Oranmiyan, the son of Oduduwa who was a great warrior(Ile-Ife)
*The popular Osun-Osogbo cultural festival. (Oshogbo)
*The Ife Museum (Ile-Ife)
*Obafemi Awolowo University Zoological gardens, Ile-Ase. (Ile-Ife)
*Yeyemolu Shrines and Oduduwa groove, (Ile-Ife.)
*Osun Osogbo Sacred Groove - venue of the internationally recognized Osun Osogbo festival and a UNESCO, world heritage site (Oshogbo)
*Adunni Susan Wengers Centre, (Oshogbo)
Genesis Arts Gallery
*Nike Arts Gallery (Oshogbo)
*Jalumi War Site, (Inisa)
*The Olumirin Water-Falls, (Erin-Ijesa)
*Igbo-Sango (Ede)
*Ayikunugba Water- Falls (Oke-Ila)

Natural Resources
Osun State is blessed with vast mineral resources. These include gold, clay, limestone, kaolin and granite. It also has many agricultural resources.
point of correction.... ile ife that Yoruba tradition is talking about those not necessary mean the present day ile ife in osun state... ile life means land of expansion... it can be anywhere in the world... London is present day ile life when it comes to business, new York is ile life when it comes to technology..... and so many examples....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masquerades Seen Giving A Man Change After The Man Offered Them Money / Ongoing Renovation Of Ooni Of Ife's Palace (Photos) / Beautiful Pictures Of Wedding / Engagement Rings! Come In:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.