Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,866 members, 7,798,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force (32210 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Emmalot121(m): 9:15am On Sep 14, 2014
logicboy01:

^^^
Exhibit A of a dubious christian apologist.

The op reports on the currents news in the USA that the US Airforce is not allowing atheists to enlist unless they make a religious statement.

This is an example of christian bigotry because the higher ups are christian and it is illegal to have a religious test for any public office
Do aliens exist
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 14, 2014
This shouldn't have come up for debate or become a controversial issue. The law states that an oath of allegiance must be entertained before enlisting and it doesn't matter how the "oath" is detailed since it has been accepted and documented as a legal framework. Human works and laws are consciously the works of our imagination and when such becomes tenable, we must upheld it as a guiding principle.

The airman is not force to become a Christian nor renounce his convictions towards being an atheist but is being compelled to take a fundamental ceremony that will complete his enrolment into the airforce. Saying May God help me has no Christian colour-ation as the word "God" is an English word for whatever supreme deity one believe in. The paranoid state of the air man is arguably an unforgivably state of moral bankruptcy and irresponsibly under social etiquette. Man is govern by laid down rules and regulations and we must religiously follow them to attain some level of society responsibility not being repulsive because of some clandestine ideological pattern.

People should learn to obey rules and common laws that guides certain initiation into organisations instead of being rebellious thus challenging law down principles of responsibility. Airman is encouraged to take an oath of allegiance Not to transform into a believing Christian.

In Christiandom, we are encouraged not to use the word of God in vain enterprise nor swore by it thus to ascribe this unholy ceremony to Christianity is unwise and a hypocritical blunder of magnanimous proportion to undermine the Christian faith and its doctrine. People should be guided accordingly.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Emmalot121(m): 9:17am On Sep 14, 2014
logicboy01:

So this tool is trying to include atheists in the blame for this?

You are a dubious tool
Does magic exist?
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:18am On Sep 14, 2014
'God's own nation.. undecided
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 14, 2014
THAT IS VERY WRONG.RELIGION IS A THING OF CHOICE.AND ONE OF THE BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS IS FREEDOM OF RELIGION.THEREFORE NO ONE HAS ANY RIGHTS TO FORCE U TO SERVE A GOD U DON'T BELIEVE INangry

HE CAN SUE THEMwink

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

Fact! I don't need to give you countless of qu'ranic verse(s) that says about blessing for whomever that carries jihad in the n
ame of Allah. angryangry

Andd 2u, jihad means killing ryt? Xhristians do say yu can't undstand the bible unless yu ar in the spirit (smtin lyk dt). Yu don't need 2 b in spirit 2 undtsnd the quran rily, yu jx av 2 open yur heart andd put sentiments apart.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by omoadeleye(m): 9:27am On Sep 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

All these religious fanatics and christian bigots.

I am a Christian and Last time I checked, no where is it stated in the bible that we should bully those who don't share our faith.

With this your comment, no wonder boko haram is killing christians in the north and Allah is blessing them. undecided undecided

see how you think like a mosquitoe, show does this your comment go in contexr with this news, guy always use your brain to think before you type, cux even a mad man cannot bring dx kind of thought out like you, am just confused on the type of being you are right now.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 14, 2014
MizMyColi: The worst set of "Christians" to encounter are the fundamentalist kind.

Why force a person to do something when you know that if roles were reversed, you'd rather die than do it.

Same goes for the Atheist boss who forbids employees from identifying with their God(s)

Whatever happened to CHOICE?!

Why won't we just give everyone grace, no matter where they're at in this journey of life.
My dear! I wish the religious bigots can listen to people like you. In fact, that I go to church today is not because I believe in the existence of any god, but because I understand the socioeconomic implication of not identifying with any of the two major religious groups in Nigeria. Call it hypocrisy or whatever, no problem. Until that time when Nigerians would begin to relate with people based on their personalities and not based on their religious adherence, I choose to remain a hypocrite. cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Swiftboy(m): 9:32am On Sep 14, 2014
Apatheist:
Not me, Jesus:
Luke 6:31 New International Version (NIV)
"Do to others as you would have them do to you."

If you were to swear to Allah or lose your job, would you find it "offensive"?
If you were to swear to Sango, Amadioha or lose your job?
And your Atheism is not a religion right? So they should make a new rule because you dont believe in God? An ought to God is what will hold against you in the court of law,why boycot it cos 'you dont believe in God'? You atheists are more religious than I thought.lol
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 14, 2014
donpeey22: My dear! I wish the religious bigots can listen to people like you. In fact, that I go to church today is not because I believe in the existence of any god, but because I understand the socioeconomic implication of not identifying with any of the two major religious groups in Nigeria. Call it hypocrisy or whatever, no problem. Until that time when Nigerians would begin to relate with people based on their personalities and not based on their religious adherence, I choose to remain a hypocrite. cheesy cheesy

Wow. That sucks. Sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by MizMyColi(f): 9:36am On Sep 14, 2014
donpeey22: My dear! I wish the religious bigots can listen to people like you. In fact, that I go to church today is not because I believe in the existence of any god, but because I understand the socioeconomic implication of not identifying with any of the two major religious groups in Nigeria. Call it hypocrisy or whatever, no problem. Until that time when Nigerians would begin to relate with people based on their personalities and not based on their religious adherence, I choose to remain a hypocrite. cheesy cheesy

See, I've been lazing on my bed since morning.
TheEmboldened reflexively got me to sit up.

Now, I can got to the salon and get this weave off! grin
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 14, 2014
He's going to win if it goes to court. Americans stand up for their rights, no matter how little. That's how it starts. Whatever anyone's opinion is on the matter, it is unconstitutional. Period. They know this, that's why they're afraid of going to court.

But it's the evangelicals who are always yammering about war and invasion, so I shouldn't be surprised that they now have such influence in the military. But I am. Sneaky bastards. I never noticed it happening.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by generalissimo(m): 9:37am On Sep 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

I am a Christian and Last time I checked, no where is it stated in the bible that we should bully those who don't share our faith.

With this your comment, no wonder boko haram is killing christians in the north and Allah is blessing them. undecided undecided
One thing I really cherish about this nairaland is actually the liberty every 'dick and harry' has to come out and talk about what he knows very little or nothing about. For your info, atheists are the only set of people who dont belive in the supreme being. They dont have any religion whatsoever. I hope u understand who atheists are now. There is no religious bigot or whatever in this case. Even the Pagans believe in the Supreme being, seeing their idols as their advocate before him. Christians and Muslims do believe in God, pagans also. And u can find these different people with different religion serving in the American Armed Forces without discrimination.....so what bigots or bully are u talking about If America doesnt reject u for being a pagan or Muslim, shouldnt u know they arent wrong to disassociate themselves from those who dont even aknowledge God at all. When they are saying God bless America, what will an atheist say
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by MizMyColi(f): 9:38am On Sep 14, 2014
Swiftboy: And your Atheism is not a religion right? So they should make a new rule because you dont believe in God? An ought to God is what will hold against you in the court of law,why boycot it cos 'you dont believe in God'? You atheists are more religious than I thought.lol

He's not an Atheist
He's an Apatheist tongue

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 14, 2014
MissMeiya:

Wow. That sucks. Sorry.
It really sucks! cheesy
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by M4gunners: 9:42am On Sep 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

And with your comment you feel Allah is blessing them for killing our brothers and sisters in the north?You have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

just one question for you......what does darkness and light got to do together??....do not be equally yoke with the unbelievers....says our holy book....please think before you type....GOD bless u
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 14, 2014
MizMyColi:

I tell ya. Pls if you are in naija, try to dey go church oo lest the religious bigots "prosecute" you on behalf of their sky daddy.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 14, 2014
MizMyColi:

I tell ya. Pls if you are in naija, try to dey go church oo lest the religious bigots "prosecute" you on behalf of their sk angryy daddy.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 14, 2014
donpeey22: It really sucks! cheesy

Lol you don't seem to mind. I'm glad. I can't stand church in Nigeria.

I almost fainted in a church in Lagos once. The incense was too much. And in a different church, I was sitting right next to the speaker and the pastor was literally shouting into the microphone. I thought my eardrums had burst. Very painful. Tiny crowded room too, so I couldn't leave. And he was picking lines from the Bible and misinterpreting them. To stress the importance of tithing. I'd never heard of tithing until I came to Nigeria, outside of European history class in high school.

But they're not all bad. It's just that everywhere you turn, you have it in your face. There's no escape. And if you complain....

"Hey! Are you an atheist?? ?"

6 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Saheed9: 9:53am On Sep 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

Fact! I don't need to give you countless of qu'ranic verse(s) that says about blessing for whomever that carries jihad in the name of Allah. angryangry
what do you think Jihad means?
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by cococandy(f): 9:53am On Sep 14, 2014
If I were God,I wouldn't even want anyone who doesn't believe in me to be forced to swear by me.

What's with humans and always trying to force their opinions on others?

5 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by neutrotoba(m): 9:53am On Sep 14, 2014
MizMyColi:

There ^^^
Madam, the atheist isn't required to swear by Jesus, it's 'God', even Ekankar uses the word God. watch before you attack soldier
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by MizMyColi(f): 9:56am On Sep 14, 2014
donpeey22: I tell ya. Pls if you are in naija, try to dey go church oo lest the religious bigots "prosecute" you on behalf of their sky daddy.

LoL
cheesy
I do believe in one, Just not sure if he's "sky daddy"

You should read an entry I made here with the opening statement "For my buddies.........."
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 14, 2014
American evangelicals have had a disgustingly dangerous influence on Africa and African politics. Because they fail over and over again to do things like this in America, they began exporting their violence and hatred to African countries under the guise of charity.

This exposé is in now in theatres. Academy Award-winning filmmaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3_hKv4pEM4

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by MizMyColi(f): 9:59am On Sep 14, 2014
neutrotoba: Madam, the atheist isn't required to swear by Jesus, it's 'God', even Ekankar uses the word God. watch before you attack soldier

cheesy
cheesy

I take it you're simply ignorant or strawmanning,
undecided undecided
Eitherways, I'm off to the salon.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by bolafez(m): 10:00am On Sep 14, 2014
is he mad
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by generalissimo(m): 10:00am On Sep 14, 2014
MizMyColi:

I'd agree with you @TheEmboldened, if that were a backyard firm, but not a world class establishment or one with a view of becoming so.

It's called religious tolerance bro.

Btw, You think you're safer with those who share same beliefs/ideologies with you?
Really?! undecided

Oh, just so you know, "America was built on Godly values" is just plain Propaganda!

Ask her founding fathers - or wikipedia

They're mainly Deists.

'world-class establishment'! I like dat. Btw, do u think the American Airforce woke up one day and became a world-class? They have been maintaning a principle that has been helping them, one of which is this cause of argument.
Bear in mind also that atheists arent any religious group. So there isn't anything like religious intolerance in this matter. There isn't a religion that doesnt acknowledge a supreme being, and this we call different names but God together. So America is tolerant in terms of religion. America won't even force u not to be an atheist, but u won't serve her people....no come put sand sand for their garri or Corn flakes
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by dyoungkarlmarx(m): 10:02am On Sep 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

watch your miserable tongue mr idiot, else you are about dying like a fowl.archaic and primitive idiot like you.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 14, 2014
cococandy: If I were God, I wouldn't even want anyone who doesn't believe in me to be forced to swear by me.

What's with humans and always trying to force their opinions on others?

Good, I like your choice of words.
Perfect blend without irritation.

But here comes the part you don't understand about this ish. Say It's a tradition to Americans to swear by God, that's what I know.

Now someone comes along and says No, you've got to change that, that's not possible for me to say it.

Okay so who's enforcing one's opinion here?
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by jimjones: 10:07am On Sep 14, 2014
manmustwac: ... There are no out of the closet atheist Senators in White House

To be fair, there are no Senators in the White House. wink tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Christian Group Feeds Muslim Beggars On Sallah Day (Photos) / Gay Church In Nigeria / Winners Chapel Pastor's Wife Whose Womb Was Removed During Surgery Gives Birth(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.