Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,373 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:23 PM

Rice Importation Solution - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rice Importation Solution (553 Views)

FG To Stop Rice Importation In 2015 / Rice Importation To Nigeria / Rice Importation, I Need Local Distributors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rice Importation Solution by Ugokel(m): 4:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
Rice importation has come to be our main stay. I am worried because we Nigerians forget alot. I think we were promised that by year 2015, everything about rice import into Nigeria would be a history because it was expected that by now, local rice of similar qualities or even higher would have saturated local markets. I was so happy when this drumming was hot. I even contributed to brag to my Thai friend that by 2015 Thia's economy would shrink. I had promised him that i would secure an invitation for him to come to Nigeria since he is a rice farming consultant as i thought that the world would be focusing on Nigeria for rice production. I also began to imagine the brand our own would carry-you know us that our things are usually different.
I am so angry and so would not be detailed in this piece. What we are hearing now is how those in office would continue in 2015. Today what we hear and see are schemings, manoeuvrings,killings, Boko Harammings and the like to distract us from the substance but i have refused to follow the croud but to remain focused to the status quo. Are you following them? i need people like you on my side so that we begin to at least chant a song that no more importation of rice as we were promised come 2015. But if we do that who actually have we empowered? Ourselves, Government? the politicians or smugglers?
Okay what do we now do since no local rice to market or eat? Ship loads are busy coming in for campaigns from Thailand, America, Pakistan even now India has even secured a big rice shop here to supply our politicians. At least Indian is cheaper and if you have one bag of it, why wont you sell your vote, our politicians are reasoning. I heard that Ghana is even warming up to have a shop at Daleko rice market as our campaigns consume ship loads which the entire west Africa cannot finish in two years. I also learnt that all we could achieve from our rice drummings was to set up the gigantic milling plants so that by 2015 after the election we think of the type of paddy that would be milled by the mills. We may still import paddy that is brown rice.
What has bewitched us? Do you know?
Okay lets encourage those importing via our ports at least let it be on record that billions were made by the Customs for the nation even though the money would have no impact on average Nigeria.
I can assist those who are importing from ship load but do not have waivers to clear their rice but will they assure me that their price would reflect my kind gesture? If you are sincere enough contact me so that we together build this nation which forces of darkness vowed would not benefit us. send me email to commodityng@yahoo.com
Our future is more important afterall. Think about this!
Thank you dear readers!

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Take To Open A Pharmacy Store / How Three Students Created Nigeria's Online Jobs Giant / 24/09/14 Sure Football Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.