Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,809 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Why Should Nigerian Graduates Who Studied Abroad Get Special NYSC Treatment? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why Should Nigerian Graduates Who Studied Abroad Get Special NYSC Treatment? (1269 Views)

Laspotech Special Nysc Mobilization Exercise Notice For Hnd Ii Students 2016 / Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? / How Can A Medical Student Who Studied Abroad Do Nysc In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should Nigerian Graduates Who Studied Abroad Get Special NYSC Treatment? by bustyhelen(f): 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
My cousin that schooled in Ghana was recently posted to the state he preferred since he schooled abroad.

Me am schooling in Benin Republic as my Mum is Benenoire and Dad Nigerian.
I frequent between Nigeria and here.
I hope to serve in Abuja when am done.

Why Should Nigerian Graduates Who Studied Abroad Get Special NYSC Treatment?
Re: Why Should Nigerian Graduates Who Studied Abroad Get Special NYSC Treatment? by leshluap(m): 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Wen u get to camp u will fnd out. As an undergraduate u wnt understand if I try to explain to u. jst wait, its gona b ur turn, den u see d reasons. Read ur book 1st.
Re: Why Should Nigerian Graduates Who Studied Abroad Get Special NYSC Treatment? by ajoskele(m): 10:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
leshluap: Wen u get to camp u will fnd out. As an undergraduate u wnt understand if I try to explain to u. jst wait, its gona b ur turn, den u see d reasons. Read ur book 1st.
Paul, cool down now...lol. You should tell her to reject Abuja if she eventually got posted there. Afterall, she "prefers" the FCT!!
Re: Why Should Nigerian Graduates Who Studied Abroad Get Special NYSC Treatment? by tk2(m): 7:51am On Sep 12, 2014
My dear if u ask me I ll rather serve in my state than serve in Abuja. One of the reasons people who school outside serve in beta places like abuja is becuase they have money and do not rely on the 19800 where as how much does accomodation cost there, u get a room in abuja for 150k for a year so if u r poor u can't school outside except through schoolarship or sponsorship, another problem is transportation for example in abuja u may transport to ur place of primary assignment spending 6 or 7hundred daily for taxi, how much will u get a nice meal? At least if u wish to afford d cheapest meal there u spend 1k befor u get road side food there is a problem unless u r lucky to find an uncompleted buildind where mama put sells then u might be lucky to get a meal of 4hundred naira. For an average nigerian the cost and standered of living there is high whereas the pay is small and will not be enough to last you for a month cos yhu have to pay for CDS and other things every month. So if u r rich abuja is jst the perfect place to serve but if u r not better look somewhere else. Most graduates who school outside are wealthy they do not manage life cos the money is there. Service year is not all about suffering so my friends choose wisely where to serve before its late cos you might be posted to a place and you will discover the standered of living there is high, you may try to rediploy or even ask them to regect you and that also will not work so u end up borrowing money during your service year to make life comfortable for you. Have you thought of life after service? When the change stops coming so cut your clothe according to ur pocket
Re: Why Should Nigerian Graduates Who Studied Abroad Get Special NYSC Treatment? by DaGC(m): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Your cousin was probably lucky, or maybe he 'worked' it. No special treatment for any graduate regardless of place of study.
Re: Why Should Nigerian Graduates Who Studied Abroad Get Special NYSC Treatment? by tallfish145(m): 9:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
nothing of such treatment. I served in abj and everyone was treated same way. Kubwa camp is sweet but serving in abj is something else. I should av rejected it

(1) (Reply)

NYSC 2015 Next Batch / Jigawa 2015 Batch B Stream 2- Lets Meet Here / NYSC: 2016 Batch A Winding Up/ Passing Out Parade Out (see Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.