Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

“jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” (23036 Views)

Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / Biafra Protest In Port Harcourt, Owerri, Aba, Enugu and the issue of food supply / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

“jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Abagworo(m): 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
THE Imo State Governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha, yesterday lamented the terrible state of Owerri-Port Harcourt Road, currently under construction.

The state government in a statement signed by the Senior Special Assistant on Media to the governor, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, and made available to The Guardian yesterday, regretted that lives had been lost while several armed robbery attacks on Imo and other citizens of the two states had taken place.

He said the bad state of that point of the road was due to the slow pace of  work by the contractor handling it.

The statement said: “The Executive Governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha wishes to lament over the worrisome and indeed, the deplorable condition of the Umuapu, Imo State area of the Port-Harcourt-Owerri Express Road.

“The road has become a glaring death trap with some Imo indigenes and some other people losing their lives either through accidents or armed robbery attacks that occur on that part of the road almost on daily basis.

“The most annoying aspect of the whole story is that there are Imo sons and daughters in Abuja who claim to be very close to the Presidency or to the Federal Government and even those who claim to be power-brokers at the National Assembly, and they could not influence anything with regard to the disturbing condition of the road under reference. And they pass through the road very often and none of them could muster the courage to talk about it.”

The governor, therefore, appealed to all those in connection with President Goodluck Jonathan to step in and assist in appealing to him to mobilise to complete the road.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-news/178574-okorocha-laments-bad-state-of-owerri-port-harcourt-road

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Abagworo(m): 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
All the major federal roads in the Southeast are like this with only Onitsha/Owerri road done mostly by other administrations as the good one.

22 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by davno: 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
I'm apolitical and with all due respects GEJ should not remain at helm of affairs come 2015. I don't care if the next person is from PDP, APC, etc

This is a federal road we're talking about here!

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Goddex: 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
[size=13pt] 1) Tell Okorocha to play his cards well. He should lobby like other governors do. He knows the way to the Minister of works and the National Assembly

2) The man needs to keep his polluted asss in Owerri and govern Imo. But nooo, he enjoys hosting APC rallies or attending APC meetings in other states.

Of what use was that birthday celeberation he organised recently for the national chairman of APC to Imolites?

3) By the way, has he finished constructing states roads in Imo?

3) GEJ completed the Onitsha - Owerri road and that road remains among the best in Nigeria today.

4) Many other roads have either been completed or being worked on in South East. I passed through the several kms Enugu - Abakaliki - Cameroon international expressway recently and it was such a wonder to behold.

5) Nigeria is a very large country with so many interstate highways requiring attention. A chunk of the resources that should be put on developing our infrastructure is spent fighting Boko Haram. Federal Ministry of Works budget for 2014 was a paltry 135b naira.

7) Those roads you mentioned will definitely be taken care of in future budgeting. Keep calm and trust GEJ.[/size]

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by bastien: 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lol is this road? Can dis be road? Could dis be road?

Whatever

5 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Jehovah!
Nigeria is filthy
A nation of pigs

The man in the picture grabbing his pee pee,what is that about

1 Like

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Nigeria, truly the giant of Africa.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by EddyNumerouno(m): 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked ive always heard the SE peeps who are in the north say 'una get roads'. now i truly understand what they mean. cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by bastien: 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
Goddex: .
just dey mumu urself since 300BC to stay ontop

#noffence

15 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Talkcentral: 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
bastien: Lol is this road? Can dis be road? Could dis be road?

Whatever
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by manny4life(m): 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
Nigerians are truly enduring, how can a road be in such deplorable state yet all is well? Pres Jona, please fix the road.

5 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by mbadinujiu(m): 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
This contract has lasted over 3 years now yet still uncompleted. Oga untop OGINI

1 Like

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by pheesayor(m): 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
shebi they said GEJ only has fixed all Federal roads Yeye is oozing....

3 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by iceberylin(m): 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Calm down leme call Clueless johna wink

17 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by temzybabe(f): 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
shocked Jesus Christ
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by pheesayor(m): 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Talkcentral: h
iceberylin: hmm
Talkcentral: h
Liamm: .
Goddex: .

See them.... *yimu*
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by stevolinkon40: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
What can I write to secure dis space
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
By December they will pour konkiri on top

Rochas is talking as if he has repaired all the state roads in Imo

12 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by ERCROSS(m): 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
Oh my Gawd...
I cant believe dis is a federal road...
shocked shocked shocked
Even the road on my street looks better compared to dis...
FG, pls, do the needfull...

1 Like

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by erasokafor(m): 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
South east states are among with the worst roads. But as for this complaint by the governor,who shld be closest to the president if not the governor?let him come to abuja and talk to the president. That's what they get from political fights. In Nigeria we politicise everytin even roads. The president shld do sometin,likewise the governor in gingering them,that's why they are leaders #God save nigeria

6 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Oklander: 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
Fresh air...
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Aitee1: 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
Shey Imo and Rivers are among the APC states oya Barcanista abi na whatlyf be ur new moniker now come and tell me wat ur apc is doing wid d two states allocation tongue abi na crime for the state to do federal road, or is akpabio the president cos I knw of many federal roads he has done in akwa ibom

Runs outta thread b4 d apc e-fighters descend on me

Oya pdp make una give me job since I don talk in favor of unaundecided

11 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by mistudreh(m): 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
Oga gidi gan ooo... GEJ is working!!!
Same here for my town... FG don start Ilesha-Osogbo road since 2010, dem neva reach 50% completion. Contractor no dey work again sef.

2 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Iykopee(m): 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
From ubima via elele to boundary point between rivers and imo state was constructed by rivers state govt. why's rochas not doin anytin in his power to fix up imo part of the road just like amaechi?

16 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by jieta: 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
is this a road or a gutter

4 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by gunuvi(m): 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
how many roads Cockroachas don't do?

1 Like

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by omenka(m): 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
@Pics: You gotta be kidding me!! shockedshocked
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Krinel(f): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
Wonders shall never end, so Rochas has the mouth to condemn even though he has spent 10 mnths building a round about @ Imsu junction with more than 8 lives lost to accident due to bad condition of the road, am sorry for voting him, baba obj warned us but we didnt listen to him. Weeps for my state.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by zuma4k(m): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
He's definitely right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Goodluck Jonathan Not Declaring - Reno Omokri / Obidients Plan One Day Free Bus Service In Kaduna (picture) / Peter Obi Could Be Nigeria’s Next President - The Economist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.