Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:19 PM

Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? (22252 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? / Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Orikinla(m): 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
My mother was an epitome of charity and fidelity.
My wife can never replace my mother.
I don't ask my wife to be perfect, but to be honest.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by UnknownT: 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
Definitely I wil marry her! God bless my mom!!!!!
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by profemoral(m): 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
To marry a lady like my mum, hell NOOOO. So inconsiderate woman and over selfish.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
muskham: None of them. Why, dad too strict and stingy. Mum too soft to take any concrete decision.

I would like to marry a sincere lady like YOU!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Dayjhihannon01(m): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
Dramadiddy: Mscheeeew boring topic
see ur life.......... See the topic for front page... grin grin grin

God; Na God I take beg you, give me a wife like my mum

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by daben1(m): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
Jimfender:
I don't really want loyalty, I want someone with common sense...
she might use the sense on you n your neighbour might have a taste(if u undastand)
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
yes I would marry anyone like my dad at a heartbeat. I have the most handsome, responsible and selfless dad and thats all I want in my man.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by vosquare: 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
I will like to marry a woman like my mother because
1. my mother is a faithful woman. she has faith in everything
2. my mother is caring and very generous
3. my mother is hardworking and disciplined
4. my mother loves her family
5. my mother knows how to study and understand ppl
6. my mother is very religious
7. my mother supports her husband, children, orphans, widows, deafs and d cripples
8. my mother has plan for everything
9. God fearing woman
10. No one can be like my mother

I'm not looking for all this attributes in my future wife because she can never be like mother she might be better than her though..

all what I need from my wife is understanding and love, when I have that kind I have no problem smiley

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by kalishay: 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
Some1like ma dad?? NO NO NO, and NO...we ol not perfect but NO!!!!!! And I pray ma husband not to behave like him in years to come!!! Amen!!!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
getafe: My dad is good in some areas but he has not been a very caring husband 2 my mum, he is selfcentered, stingy and strict as well. Hence I don't pray 4 his kind of person as a husband.

Awww, this really got me. embarassed
But Big kudos to him for bringing up a sincere lady like You.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by mujiboy(m): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
I will like to marry someone like my mum,Perfect.. beautiful,prayerful,emotionally strong..What else self
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by DrGroove(f): 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
God forbid evil.... My dad is a wicked man..Wife beater! Can NEVER wish such evil person as my husband. My mother is too soft,nice to a fault, religious and godly, simple and caring.I don't wish my brothers marry such woman else they will kill her with beatings as they have learnt that wife beating is the standard for making a woman respect a man and proving manhood!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]World of choices
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
Arcasie: yes I would marry anyone like my dad at a heartbeat. I have the most handsome, responsible and selfless dad and thats all I want in my man.

Hmmm. Your wish has been granted.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Stephxoblessed(f): 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
Absolutely,someone like my dad is the best I can ever ask for.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by sugaarbear(m): 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
jvera: luv ma dad bt wont wnt sum1 lyk him y cos his quiet does kind of pple fear them
huh?
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
beeevan: No, my dad is better off as dad not spouse.
grin grin.If hubby were to be like my Dad,we for don divorce tey tey.Had three wives,three concubines,strings of girlfriends.Above all,he was autocratic. All his wives fear him like he was a god.He can still be my Dad in the next world,but to have a hubby like him,no way!
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by nickz(m): 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
undecidedsay wetin happen undecided undecided
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by rattlesnake(m): 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
profemoral: To marry a lady like my mum, hell NOOOO. So inconsiderate woman and over selfish.
grin grin grin
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by cooltobex(m): 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
Yep! I would and want to marry someone like my mom, but with slight adjustments. That is in terms of temper. My mom gets angry too quickly and too much. Aside that, everything else is a capital YES!
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by sugaarbear(m): 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
profemoral: To marry a lady like my mum, hell NOOOO. So inconsiderate woman and over selfish.
guy you harsh oo
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by IRRESPONSIBLE(m): 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
@ Topic... A BIG and RESOUNDING NOOOOO!!
Love Mum to bits though
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
DrGroove: God forbid evil.... My dad is a wicked man..Wife beater! Can NEVER wish such evil person as my husband. My mother is too soft,nice to a fault, religious and godly, simple and caring.I don't wish my brothers marry such woman else they will kill her with beatings as they have learnt that wife beating is the standard for making a woman respect a man and proving manhood!

Sooooo disturbing and extreme. You've said much than you've intended. I feel really Bad that you paint him completely in the dark light. embarassed

Wish the you the very best.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
I think a combination of both minus their flaws will be classic.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by debrihachi(f): 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
nope. ..at my age he still tells me t close my eyes wen people r abt t kiss or v sex ...hell t dat no
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Teespice(f): 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
I can't marry a spouse like my father.

no two ways about it.

I don't want to die of high blood pressure.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by ichidodo: 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
Yes, my fiancee is just like my mother...although far taller and very light skinned...i am satisfied with my choice.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
RoyalRoy: Mr Matthewbriggs, its only natural to want a life partner who will give you much happiness like the man/woman you have known earlier in life. Most people will approach a lady simply because "she looks like their mum" while some ladies will trip for a guy simply cos "he reminds them of their dad".

Our parents are heroes to us in most situations and this is what most of us look forward to reciprocate in our new family too.

I would like my future wife to be a copy of my mum but with a slight adjustment.
Obviously we can't want a 100% copy of someone else cos no one is 100% perfect .
May you live long!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
Babymama1: I married a man just like my father because to me my dad is the perfect example of a man
Every suitor I got,I automatically compared to my dad
Excellent and meticulous planner , hard worker,great provider, loves family and adores his children

I have the same complaints my mom has however
Lol
Whenever I tell her stuff,she will say,he is just like your father grin grin

That's me. My dad is my hero. With flaws lol, but no one is perfect. I want a man like my dad.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Teespice: I can't marry a spouse like my father.

no two ways about it.

I don't want to die of high blood pressure.

Augustbreak: grin grin.If hubby were to be like my Dad,we for don divorce tey tey.Had three wives,three concubines,strings of girlfriends.Above all,he was autocratic. All his wives fear him like he was a god.He can still be my Dad in the next world,but to have a hubby like him,no way!

DrGroove: God forbid evil.... My dad is a wicked man..Wife beater! Can NEVER wish such evil person as my husband. My mother is too soft,nice to a fault, religious and godly, simple and caring.I don't wish my brothers marry such woman else they will kill her with beatings as they have learnt that wife beating is the standard for making a woman respect a man and proving manhood!

Adetayo100: I won't marry someone like my Mum and i hope my sisters doesn't marry someone like my father

Some of these comments are so funny and sad
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by beeevan: 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Augustbreak: grin grin.If hubby were to be like my Dad,we for don divorce tey tey.Had three wives,three concubines,strings of girlfriends.Above all,he was autocratic. All his wives fear him like he was a god.He can still be my Dad in the next world,but to have a hubby like him,no way!

Hahaha, mine was monogamous, very fun loving, easy going,kind hearted and generous to a fault but eeehhh....we for don divorce mehn......women loved him and he loved them back embarassed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me / Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences / At What Age Did Your Parents Stop Flogging You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.