Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? (22285 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? / Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Tonylyte(m): 7:35am On Sep 12, 2014
I would marry a woman like my mum again and again....my dad is just a wahala man....a wahala man.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by abrahamolusoji: 7:59am On Sep 12, 2014
No. Not d like of my mum. Who still unwarily hold my hand to cross d road or even thinks my wifey isn't feeding me well wen I shed some weight...Though I love her and am attached to her but wldnt want a woman who'll babysit me all d time counselling/advising me wen needed and wen nt needed.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Olusanya333(m): 8:06am On Sep 12, 2014
Matthewbriggs: I recently stumbled on a thread that asked the question Why are you single, that got me thinking because I have never give that question any thought. I think the reason was because I am your typical career focused young man who rarely has the time to really invest in a relationship.

Moreover I discovered also one key problem is that I am very picky. I discovered that over the years I had used a certain set of criteria to screen potential love interests criteria that where some how embedded in my subconscious. On a closer look I discovered that these criteria where identical to traits possessed my mum. Moreover it is important to note that these criteria leaned towards character and behavior and less on physical look.

For eg I detested weak women, women who needed to pushed, who cannot take initiative, and clearly do not have a clear plan and focus for life and I find my self turned on by the go getting type of woman, the ones we call strong women. The kind that does not just have the ability to plan but also has the strong will and dedication to execute on them just like or even better than my mum. I might be attracted to a woman but one's I get closer and discover she lacked these attributes no matter how beautiful she is my interest dies automatically

Now back to the purpose of this thread. To you reading this piece Especially if you are already married Did your parents character traits influence your choice of a spouse ... did who they are as an individual define your expectation in regards to your choice of spouse...

#Mathewbriggs
Your Gbagaun in dis post make me ask d question of senquistortionalisism.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Lovexme(m): 8:07am On Sep 12, 2014
Hopefully, some of you don't have either of your parents on NL. They'd be so heartbroken at what their kid(s) had to say about them. embarassed
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Sexytemi(f): 8:08am On Sep 12, 2014
I can never marry someone like my dad, wake up every morning praying against it o, he was never a dad to me, so why shuld I marry someone that might end up not being a dad to my children, no way oooo.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by eightsin(m): 8:10am On Sep 12, 2014
I didn't have the best of parenting so I wouldn't really know. Sincerely, I don't have a picture of what or who I'd want my wife to be like. But certainly not my parents. They are great people though.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Paradise163(f): 8:11am On Sep 12, 2014
dam007: haba!! Can't be that bad naaa!! cheesy
Bros you no go understand
so leave matter for Mathias
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Olusanya333(m): 8:12am On Sep 12, 2014
Trust me Both my parent are no go area. Though one is better than other but my mum can cause trouble much nd my dad self fit upgrade am. Since i live a quiet nd gentle life-don't like people talking too much and there seems not a Lady on earth who doesn't like to know everything to detail. So d Lady me i will say YES to must hv d same lifestyle like me if just 95% of my lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Olusanya333(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2014
Lovexme: Hopefully, some of you don't have either of your parents on NL. They'd be so heartbroken at what their kid(s) had to say about them. embarassed
My parent no get time for all these.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by mkoabiola: 8:20am On Sep 12, 2014
NL,a place to read die hard question
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 12, 2014
neroysc:

It's people like you who don't read before you talk, Question was; Would you marry SOMEONE like your father or mother? grin

If she can't marry her dad doesn't that mean she can't marry someone like her dad
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by abrahamolusoji: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2014
My mama? She's wonderful, infact she,s a 'ONE-MAN BATTALION' cos I remember d day she single handedly took on my dad and his side chick... dad Usain Bolted leaving his FILA(cap) behind while d unlucky chick I believe wud d nxt day visit d mech for wheel balancing & alignment. Mum was also like a lioness who doesn't joke wit her lone kid. I remember when in jss during d 90s, a new teacher slapped me leaving his finger marks on my cheeks for fear of getting more beating fm mum I didn't tell her but she closely observed my pains especially one of d red eyes... had to confess to her who did. Men! D following day was WONDERFUL.having arrived sch b4 me, she headed str8 to d man... I arrived sch to count d casualties. All in all she's a woman who's neva intimidated &neva compromises. She's too much

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 12, 2014
freshness2020: My mummy is just one rare super mum...
I will ask for her kind again and again!
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Fellywood(m): 8:52am On Sep 12, 2014
FUNNY COMMENTS.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by pricelessJ(f): 9:32am On Sep 12, 2014
Actually praying and wishing for a man like dad.he is the best.loves mum so much and cares a lot for the kids.wat else can wish for grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by kajoula(m): 10:22am On Sep 12, 2014
Love my mum so well but id like to marry an improved version her. daasol
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by harryke(f): 10:35am On Sep 12, 2014
A man like my dad is a big NO for me #gat ma reasons

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:39am On Sep 12, 2014
Lagbaja01: seriously, some papa go commit suicide if dem see wetin their lovely daughter wrote about...from d comment so far, it seems 70% of married men are not worth emulating.

Lol!

Trust me. He won't care.

Btw, so you think I just want to badmouth my own dad? Why? Don't you think I will have enough reasons for saying what I said?

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:40am On Sep 12, 2014
pricelessJ: Actually praying and wishing for a man like dad.he is the best.loves mum so much and cares a lot for the kids.wat else can wish for grin

Lucky you.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 12, 2014
Marry a man like my Dad? No.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:44am On Sep 12, 2014
Lovexme: Hopefully, some of you don't have either of your parents on NL. They'd be so heartbroken at what their kid(s) had to say about them. embarassed

Heart broken? Some of you are so annoying. Do you think we are just badmouthing our parents for the fun of it?

Most of us are alive and sane today because God kept and protected us from people who were supposed to be our own guardians! It's that bad yea.

Just learn from us and be a better dad in future.

8 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Crixina(f): 10:48am On Sep 12, 2014
[quote author=.

I love my father so much. But I will NOT marry a man like him. [/quote]
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by avuekwe(f): 10:55am On Sep 12, 2014
[quote author=YourHealthlabs]Many Nigerian men are highly proctective of their daughters which is natural. It makes their daughters feel very much 'in bondage'.
I believe that's why many ladies here do not really fancy marrying someone with their dad's character. They wanna be 'free'.[/quote

that is a big lie, which Nigerian men are overprotective? Most of them leave the upbringing to their wives. When the child turns out good, it becomes theirs. But when the child turns out bad , it becomes their mothers. So where are they doing the protection Ni? Shebi for work 24/7. Hmmm, its because our mothers suffered in silence. I am sure that if our mothers were married in this era, marriages would have gone off the rocks

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 12, 2014
I would love to marry someone like my father..
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by josite: 11:04am On Sep 12, 2014
Sophyrocks: An Absolute No. Its not a must that my specs of men will have the personality of my father.

i have just taken time to go through all your posts on nairaland.if no man knows exactly what to do with U ,im sure ,very sure i do.les link.pls.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 12, 2014
josite:

i have just taken time to go through all your posts on nairaland.if no man knows exactly what to do with U ,im sure ,very sure i do.les link.pls.
huh? Stalker! Why do u have to go through my posts? What on earth are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by tolu4you: 11:31am On Sep 12, 2014
i like some comments here..... for my mom, capital NO.. I dont want someone like my mom as wife. she always thinks she right when actually She's wrong... she's beautiful, gentle but no going area for me.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by josite: 11:32am On Sep 12, 2014
Sophyrocks:
huh? Stalker! Why do u have to go through my posts? What on earth are you saying?
if u call someone like me a stalker.it is either you dont know what stalking means or u answer a matter before considering the matter which i believe is the case.sure you are intelligent but what youve just made clear is you need wisdom.and wisdom is the principal thing.with your mouth you dont have to fritter away what may actually meant a divine opportunity for u.take heed sister.may your intelligence avails your life at the very end of the day.i will forgive u this time around.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by josite: 11:36am On Sep 12, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Heart broken? Some of you are so annoying. Do you think we are just badmouthing our parents for the fun of it?

Most of us are alive and sane today because God kept and protected us from people who were supposed to be our own guardians! It's that bad bad yea.

your comment is divine.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Lovexme(m): 11:40am On Sep 12, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Most of us are alive and sane today because God kept and protected us from people who were supposed to be our own guardians! It's that bad bad yea.

Madam, please keep your lecture on being a better parent to my kids in future to yourself! Yes, heartbroken if they acknowledge they've been wrong and would want to be better parents.

I never said you or anyone else who 'badmouthed' his or her parent(s) were wrong. Y'all have the right to feel aggrieved which most are doing.

I only felt I wouldn't be a proud parent if the comments I've been reading were what my kids thought of me. Heck, no child should grow up without the parents' love.

I know better..I do not need to be lectured on parenting.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 12, 2014
josite:
if u call someone like me a stalker.it is either you dont know what stalking means or u answer a matter before considering the matter which i believe is the case.sure you are intelligent but what youve just made clear is you need wisdom.and wisdom is the principal thing.with your mouth you dont have to fritter away what may actually meant a divine opportunity for u.take heed sister.may your intelligence avails your life at the very end of the day.i will forgive u this time around.
pffft. Strange beings on this planet earth! #ignore mode activated#
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Tayras: 11:46am On Sep 12, 2014
standd: cheesy cheesy

I love my father so much. But I will NOT marry a man like him.

I also love my dad but I do not pray to marry someone like him

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mother In Law Wants My 2.5 Year Old To Sleepover / Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? / My Wife Burnt My Boxers Because I Didn't Give Her 30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.