Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? (22290 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? / Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by sugaarbear(m): 12:12am On Sep 17, 2014
jvera: yes oooo
mm you looking good tho
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by bosun11(m): 1:01am On Dec 17, 2014
mother..YES YES AND YES !!!
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 17, 2014
Matthewbriggs:
I recently stumbled on a thread that asked the question Why are you single, that got me thinking because I have never give that question any thought. I think the reason was because I am your typical career focused young man who rarely has the time to really invest in a relationship.

Moreover I discovered also one key problem is that I am very picky. I discovered that over the years I had used a certain set of criteria to screen potential love interests criteria that where some how embedded in my subconscious. On a closer look I discovered that these criteria where identical to traits possessed my mum. Moreover it is important to note that these criteria leaned towards character and behavior and less on physical look.

For eg I detested weak women, women who needed to pushed, who cannot take initiative, and clearly do not have a clear plan and focus for life and I find my self turned on by the go getting type of woman, the ones we call strong women. The kind that does not just have the ability to plan but also has the strong will and dedication to execute on them just like or even better than my mum. I might be attracted to a woman but one's I get closer and discover she lacked these attributes no matter how beautiful she is my interest dies automatically

Now back to the purpose of this thread. To you reading this piece Especially if you are already married Did your parents character traits influence your choice of a spouse ... did who they are as an individual define your expectation in regards to your choice of spouse...

#Mathewbriggs

none of them coz my dad is stubborn and very aggressive while my mum is controlling and partial.

i dnt like any of such traits.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 17, 2014
I will sure marry a man like my dad. He is so humble even as a man, he treats mum like the angel she truly is. My growing up was not fun because dad was really harsh and very protective but growing up I realized that everything he did was for our own good. E nor easy to get 4 girls and one boy na grin....I can't write them all but once I find a man who is like my dad, I will grab him and never let him go. grin
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
jugomma:
though i love my dad i wouldnt want to marry someone like him,he is a troublemaker
grin
are u for real?
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by jugomma(f): 7:18am On Jan 14, 2015
[quote author=Unibenstudent post=29693729]are u for real?[/q
yes.did i sound unreal?
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 14, 2015
jugomma:
yes.did i sound unreal?
yes,good morning.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Whobedatte(m): 10:26am On Jul 03, 2015
DrGroove:
God forbid evil.... My dad is a wicked man..Wife beater! Can NEVER wish such evil person as my husband. My mother is too soft,nice to a fault, religious and godly, simple and caring.I don't wish my brothers marry such woman else they will kill her with beatings as they have learnt that wife beating is the standard for making a woman respect a man and proving manhood!
now I know where your vituperations and lashing about nigerian men emanates from cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? / My Wife Burnt My Boxers Because I Didn't Give Her 30k / Benue Girl Who Was Found Wandering In Abakaliki Reunites With Her Dad (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.