Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Anambra Varsity Gets New Name - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra Varsity Gets New Name (37285 Views)

Enugu Varsity Gets New Vice Chancellor / Funaab Gets New Vc. / New Name Of Yabatech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by HonourablePomk: 9:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
myescrow: Do have a great night rest.

lwkmdh UW
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by slydog(m): 9:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
honey001: The name long though..... COOU will be good sha

No be small
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Blazed(m): 9:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
Nice move, Ikenmba MUST be remembered!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Wtf?.........i pity the students/graduates of this school! Discrimination will be both home and abroad! If i were a 100level student of such school i will transfer to another uni sharp sharp and a graduate should go write another jamb! Damn! Just wtf? Oju...wetin?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: The name is kinda local though..So if a graduate of that school now should go abroad and is asked which university he graduated from, he will start saying
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu
University...No harm done anyway..I don't mean to offend anyone...But it's true..
lol
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by KingsJohnson(m): 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
Which Ojukwu are they talking about? the founder of Biafra which has died with d ashes of history or which one again?

As far as i am concerned, Ojukwu did not fought for the Igbos and never wished to do so, rather for his selfish interest.

To those clamouring for Biafra, ask yourself d true meaning of the word Biafra, for me, i am a Nigerian and i am proud of that.
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by ignis: 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
Nice one
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by popson1st: 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
Federal government to change University of Maiduguri name to Abubakar Shekau University..

Are you Pondering what I'm pondering?
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Ghost01(m): 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
COOU--pronounced kuu (or khu). Brings Tyrion's conversation with his brother, Jaime, in his prison cell in the ninth episode of GoT's season 4 to mind. "Khu-khu-khu-khu," the brothers reminiscenced.
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by customised13: 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
flinton: i fink it's a good move
Ojukwu deserves to immortalized

Immortalized for cowardice or for sleeping with and marrying his own god daughter?

Which one bro?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by MissBritney(f): 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
Awkward....changing the name doesn't have anything to do with the system. Change the name, change the system and things will be better.
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Ghost01(m): 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
popson1st: Federal government to change University of Maiduguri name to Abubakar Shekau University..

Are you Pondering what I'm pondering?
Una no serious. Lwtmb.* Btw, this was a decision made by a state government.
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Okolly: 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
customised13: Useless name for a glorified secondary school.

Guess it is appropriate.
angry angry angry

You studied in the world best university.

You were not taught that it's inappropriate to say nonsense.

Great Eagles!!!
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
Okolly: angry angry angry

You studied in the world best university.

You were not taught that it's inappropriate to say nonsense.

Great Eagles!!!
great wetin? Ansu is a big disgrace! Especially igbariam camp!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by RebelLeader15(m): 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
kingthreat: What did Ojukwu ever do for Nigeria except but to divide it. This doesnt sound appropriate.
And to also manipulate the thinking faculty of the Igbo freedom fighters and convert them into his hand tools to fight Nigeria Govt
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by oluemmakay(m): 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bad market...dis is an institution am considering for my PHD... Back to the drawing board.
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: Wtf?.........i pity the students/graduates of this school! Discrimination will be both home and abroad! If i were a 100level student of such school i will transfer to another uni sharp sharp and a graduate should go write another jamb! Damn! Just wtf? Oju...wetin?

not if the school starts topping everything in education after anambra has completed its magic on it.
just watch how we turn the school into the real center of learning in africa. cool
soon na de school sef go dey drop candidates left and right for lack of admission qualification/merit, and you losers will start crying igbo domination again. haha cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
relchange:

not if the school starts topping everything in education after anambra has completed its magic on it.
just watch how we turn the school into the real center of learning in africa. cool
soon na de school sef go dey drop candidates left and right for lack of admission qualification/merit, and you losers will start crying igbo domination again. haha cheesy
i'm anambranian by birth(nnewi) and also an enugu boy(origin) but believe me.......this is not a wise decision by the state government!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Atmmachine(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thank God i graduated when it was still known as ANSU..

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by litetias(m): 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
Nice development
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by kennosklint(m): 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lolzz..nawaoh.on hearin dis name,man pikin go fail exam o..imagine ur fwend go ask u..nelyy which skul u dey go.?? U go say na "odemegu ojukwu univ.." Oboi see laf u go shame die
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Dosinspector(m): 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
customised13: Useless name for a glorified secondary school.

Guess it is appropriate.
go and D*E

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by customised13: 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Dosinspector: My mum and dad go and D*E

Ok I have passed the message to your family.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by customised13: 10:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: great wetin? Ansu is a big disgrace! Especially igbariam camp!

Ogenyi, how market today? U sell?
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
This is a good move
Wouldn't want my school to bear anyone's name sha

1 Like

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by kennosklint(m): 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
customised13:

Ogenyi, how market today? U sell?
u knw dat boii!! Na wetin he sell na slippers?
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
[size=18pt]Will the change of name stop Oyo,Ogun and Osun from carrying last in WAEC[/size]

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by obailala(m): 10:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
I seriously detest when the name of an already existing institution is changed in a bid to honor someone... Are there not other ways to immortalise people besides renaming universities and causing long term confusion and embarrassment to the alumni?

Imagine brandishing the certificate of a school called 'Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Univeristy'... In my opinion, that's a very disgusting decision on the part of the jobless and clueless lawmakers..
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by customised13: 10:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
Babymama1: [size=18pt]Will the change of name stop Oyo,Ogun and Osun from carrying last in WAEC

We will be responsible and wise at age 50. Amen!!!
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: i'm anambranian by birth(nnewi) and also an enugu boy(origin) but believe me.......this is not a wise decision by the state government!
Exactly, it isn't a wise decision at all...Employers abroad will be afraid of that name@Odumegwu Ojuku..The school will be so underrated as people will consider it local..They are jux endangering d employment opportunities of the graduates of the school..It is not fair...The name doesn't sound too sweet to pronounce..How will they mention the name to their peers from other schools self? If it was given Chukwuemeka Ojukwu university of science and technology that would have been better..But that Odumegwu in d name...It really sounds local...Hope m not offending anyone..Jux speaking my mind..

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by obailala(m): 10:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: Exactly, it isn't a wise decision at all...Employers abroad will be afraid of that name@Odumegwu Ojuku..The school will be so underrated as people will consider it local..They are jux endangering d employment opportunities of the graduates of the school..It is not fair...The name doesn't sound too sweet to pronounce..How will they mention the name to their peers from other schools self? If it was given Chukwuemeka Ojukwu university of science and technology that would have been better..But that Odumegwu in d name...It really sounds local...Hope m not offending anyone..Jux speaking my mind..

Odiegwu! grin grin grin cheesy
But seriously, I hate when they have to name universities after people, most especially when it involves renaming an already existing university. The other time I think it was Udenwa or was it Ohakim that renamed Imo state university to Evan(s) enwerem university.. and following the same trrend, GEJ came with the MAULAG disaster, Moshood Abiola Unibersity grin
Chaii!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University Poor Welfare state / Abuse Of Student At Deeper Life College In Akwa Ibom: School Issues Statement / Akeem Babalola, UNILAG Lecturer, Accused Of Raping 20-year-old Undergraduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.