Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,905 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? (23697 Views)

***5 Ways Guys Fall Their Hands In Romance Section (Signs Of Emotional Weakness) / What Is The Difference Between Emotional Cheating & Physical Cheating? / Emotional Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by 1one: 10:51am On Sep 12, 2014
Toks2008:

More often the guy may not really digg her. As he chats with you he does samewith other ladies.

Honestly some ladies are fools and i mean a big time DUMB ASS.

Please tell me,what siught of a man will continue to show interest in a lady who is engaged or married but a wayward bastard from the pitts of hell who has no regard for the santity of marriage andofcourse such a man will never value his own marriage.

I have a principle that makes me distant myself from any lady who tells me she is married,engaged or in a comitted relationship. I dstance myself from you no matter how i feel towards you and i have met ladies who have been seperated from their hubby yet i still believe seperation to me is not divorce.

So honestly most ladies are so dumb and clueless that they will be in a committed relationship and just mess it up because they are infatuated to one low life who is probably just interested in screwn them and dumping them to move on to the next looosed dumb ass.

Bar man.. This guy is reading my mind... Give him two cartons of fayrouzgrin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 12, 2014
temigracie: ...Yeah, she is...

Its called cheating....cheating has no other name....

Theres every possibility she' ll fall inlove with this nigga....And if this nigga ask her out, she ll start having second thought towards her relationship....

The best thing to do is to cut any connection with the guy and face her relationship squarely.....

U lie!
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 12, 2014
She is indirectly in LOVE with the so callled male friend.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by holyfather(m): 11:00am On Sep 12, 2014
emotional hoes been cheating since 1904...
especially those of em peddling their 'technical virginity' like it's a pot of gold of some sort.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 12, 2014
_
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 12, 2014
I bliv real relationships is not purely sex based. So long as d 2 feel comfortable round each oda dan wit any1 else suggests dat dey culd be meant 2 b. If i were 2 notice such behavior in my gal ill not demand she leaves d oda guy, cos we may not be meant 2 b 2geda as she would later break my hrt or stay wit me a relationshp dat is based on pity, or guilt n not love.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by schumastic(m): 11:21am On Sep 12, 2014
is funny when a girl find a different word to replace cheating but when we guys do same the whole world will hear that we cheated, which is so annoying.... makes we wander what kind of brain they have....
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by schumastic(m): 11:25am On Sep 12, 2014
DestinedSharon:
U lie!
seriously after reading this comment of yours, i don't see any reason why i should blame you..girls like you and so many out there are the reasons we keep blaming mother eve for bringing pain to this world...so until the both of them get down before you realized that you have cheated and then open those useless mouth of yours and say it was a mistake and it only happened ONCE...ONLY GOD WILL JUDGE YOU GIRLS angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by hotswagg12: 11:30am On Sep 12, 2014
Arcasie:
My friend's point exactly!! she knows she inlove with her boyfriend but she is the type who does not believe in cutting off good friendship just because he's of the opposite sex and would still hv this connection if he were a lady ...she just is the type who does not do shallow friendship, and she admits she loves the guy but like how she loves her brothers and could never date him evn if she wad paid to

thats y im confused if she is justified to have a guy frnd like that or its only her boyfriend she can have a connection with??
I am of the opinion that ur friend is missing a whole lot of things. She is infatuated with the guy. And I have a friend like that. I guess she is ireti
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by schumastic(m): 11:38am On Sep 12, 2014
Arcasie: A friend told me about a situation she is going through and that got me thinking about this emotional cheating thing.

she has a boyfriend but shares a deep connection with another guy. their relationship is not sexual or anything but she just enjoys how interesting, witty, and understanding the guy is when they talk or chat and she tells him everything that she is going through. Its gotten so bad he's the 1st person she thinks of calling when she wakes up and her boyfriend doesn't even know about him. I tell her to keep her distance from the guy cuz she may get involved and she says its just a really great friendship and nothing more because she is not attracted sexually.

is she still cheating if she is not sleeping with the guy?

is talk like this that makes me not to blame married men that cheat on their wives, who must have done evil acts such as this to their bf in their youthful age...s called law of karma...so beware of the evil you do to your bf so it won't bounce back at you when your married shikena
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by foluwatosin: 11:40am On Sep 12, 2014
;DI bliv ur friend is not telling u d truth abt dis nigga.ladies lyin since 1900bc
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by loswhite(m): 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
MizMyColi:
You see, that's one mistake females are very prone to make.
Feeling and acting like they're married, when they're not.
We call it, "being faithful".

It becomes really irksome because, in most scenarios, these boyfriends are more likefigure heads, they bring either little or nothing to the table.

Truth is, if as a single, I start developing extreme feelings of closeness to another, and in all honesty, it isn't sexual........
Then there must be something that guy is doing right, especially emotionally.

No, I'm not advocating that she dumps her man, uhn, uhn.......that'd be plain foolish, because for all we know, she just might be infatuated with this guy. Need I also point out that the male folk are better pretenders.

She needs to ask herself questions:
What is it about this guy that trips me so?
Is my boyfriend, despite his flaws, really all that I desire in a man?
Do I have needs that I haven't been as open in communicating, with my boyfriend?

That said, she has to take a break from the new guy already, yes she must take that break, to recollect herself emotionally (of course! It requires discipline).

I also know that when you commit to get married to an individual, more oft than not, someone else shows up, who makes your partner look like a big time learner......She just might be in that phase now. It's called Emotional Infidelity

I'll leave you with this quote I shared here just recently, hope it leaves you with some form of guidance smiley

"I'd rather be the prize you felt you deserved, than be the option you felt forced to settle for. If we BOTH don't feel blessed to have one another, then we shouldn't be together."
~Rob Hill Sr.

Good Morning.

if boyfriends are figure head that brings little or nothing to the table what abt girlfriends ?
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by cococandy(f): 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
kiss took the word outta my mouth.
If she were married I'd say desist.
But heck she isn't,so why cuff yourself to a boyfriend when the guy in question hasn't even indicated intetest in marriage.

OP tell your friend now one says she should sleep around or dump her boyfriend(he might be the ONE)
But she's selling herself short being a wife to a boyfriend.
You only play the wife role to a husband.
And only husbands deserve the total lock up

MizMyColi:
You see, that's one mistake females are very prone to make.
Feeling and acting like they're married, when they're not.
We call it, "being faithful".

It becomes really irksome because, in most scenarios, these boyfriends are more like figure heads, they bring either little or nothing to the table.

Truth is, if as a single, I start developing extreme feelings of closeness to another, and in all honesty, it isn't sexual........
Then there must be something that guy is doing right, especially emotionally.

No, I'm not advocating that she dumps her man, uhn, uhn.......that'd be plain foolish, because for all we know, she just might be infatuated with this guy. Need I also point out that the male folk are better pretenders.

She needs to ask herself questions:
What is it about this guy that trips me so?
Is my boyfriend, despite his flaws, really all that I desire in a man?
Do I have needs that I haven't been as open in communicating, with my boyfriend?

That said, she has to take a break from the new guy already, yes she must take that break, to recollect herself emotionally (of course! It requires discipline).

I also know that when you commit to get married to an individual, more oft than not, someone else shows up, who makes your partner look like a big time learner......She just might be in that phase now. It's called Emotional Infidelity

I'll leave you with this quote I shared here just recently, hope it leaves you with some form of guidance smiley

"I'd rather be the prize you felt you deserved, than be the option you felt forced to settle for. If we BOTH don't feel blessed to have one another, then we shouldn't be together."
~Rob Hill Sr.

Good Morning.

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by babystathopoulos: 12:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
I feels terrible when I hear/read about how some male folks mistreat and say disrespectful things about women e.g girls are who.res, bitches, gold diggers,dogs,dumbass etc. Am a woman and I would want to protect my fellow

Now I understand why some men are bitterd about woman and thinks they don't know what they want... @topic you call him(not Bf) first thing in the morning but you are not sexually atrracted to him, maybe he is an ugly guy..you enjoy talking to him and open to him..is he kind like a pet doll to you? Honestly some grown-ups still thinks like children (want to have everything without considering consequences)
I think some people are just the author of their unhappiness
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by stanboy28(m): 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
Well am kinda in same shoe wit dat girl......i hav a frnd(a girl) dat will ar so very close nd we share our secreats nd we' understand each other......though she has a boyfriend,bt things she can tell me,she cnt tell ar bf.....nd we ar not in anyway intimate at all neither ar we dating......in my own side its not cheating.even though i still have a gf.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by JayTeeA(f): 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
tjark1: She has not told everything...

She's about to break the news of her breakup and Introduction of a new honey boy...

She just gave u a tip to see ur reaction.

Her 'Boyfriend' iS a gooner! grin

eya and to tink dat mayb d boyfrnd ma is gere commenting o.. him no knw say na him situation him dey analyse.. chei! grin
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by agrovick(m): 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
Otunbab: She's loving him and she knows it. The risky thing is, if she leaves her man for the guy, the guy is never going to trust her cause he knows how he caught her and then every time she's on the phone, he's going to get somehow upset cause he will be thinking she has another friend that was just like him when they were friends
you nailed it

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by JayTeeA(f): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
tjark1: She has not told everything...

She's about to break the news of her breakup and Introduction of a new honey boy...

She just gave u a tip to see ur reaction.

Her 'Boyfriend' iS a gooner! grin
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by agrovick(m): 1:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
stanboy28: Well am kinda in same shoe wit dat girl......i hav a frnd(a girl) dat will ar so very close nd we share our secreats nd we' understand each other......though she has a boyfriend,bt things she can tell me,she cnt tell ar bf.....nd we ar not in anyway intimate at all neither ar we dating......in my own side its not cheating.even though i still have a gf.
thank God u'v a gf, trust me that gal has a couple of guys like you. Dont dull

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by kobonaire(m): 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
ALKARULEZ615: now wey u don show urself say u hear english...oya rest
as long as you don't quote all who are "viewing the thread" I am ok .... wink
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by ndcide(m): 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
For me,it's foolishness for anyone to clam ownership of the other person when they are not yet married.

Who says the present guy is the right person for her.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by MizMyColi(f): 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2014

How does a person write so point, all the time.
smiley
Where is that "altercate" moniker that accused me of trying hard to be irresponsible and having multiple standards......
Come and tell her the same thing too. undecided

#Hater

cococandy: kiss took the word outta my mouth.
If she were married I'd say desist.
But heck she isn't,so why cuff yourself to a boyfriend when the guy in question hasn't even indicated interest in marriage.

OP tell your friend now one says she should sleep around or dump her boyfriend(he might be the ONE)
But she's selling herself short being a wife to a boyfriend.
You only play the wife role to a husband.
And only husbands deserve the total lock up

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by kessco(m): 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
Op, having read your report on the matter arising from your friend:

The Nairaland Committee on Romance and Affairs had look into the matter and resolved that:

1. She had persistently persisted, been keeping unwarranted and unhealthy affairs with a third party, thereby cheating on the current relationship. So cheating exist.

2. She should desist from such indisciplined relationship practice(s) because the other third party has been plotting to devour her personal goods and property meant for her current relationship affair(s), at any given slightest possible means and enjoyment will lead to NOWHERE.

3. If paradventure she take no heed on the Committee's advise(s) and revert all trust(s) to the current affair(s) or relationship, she should be ready to join other "HAD I KNOW" boats and this will not be good for her Ministry.

Finally, on this note, she alone brought such encumberance(s) in which case(s) upon herself, therefore advised to revert same to the "Original Benefactor(real boyfriend)" within earliest possible means and without any form of duress for successful relationship experience.

Thank you.
*Pls pardon any ambiguity of word(s) and typo(s) to this effect, just get the message* cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by zzybaby: 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
For now is nt cheating......... But one day one day the tune of the music will change......... (Monkey go go market e no go come back)
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by LordRahl001: 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
ndcide: For me,it's foolishness for anyone to clam ownership of the other person when they are not yet married.

no one is claiming! But pls reverse d role and c d gals reactn! The issue is if he wants d new guy, then call it off wit d boyfriend so he can move on wot his life!!! Do u knw if the boyfriend is even in d same shoes wit another lady but cut it off coz of his gf And imagine he finds out that what he avoided coz of the gf is what d gf is actually doing!!! Put urself in his shoes!! And if she is really that innocent, y didn't she inform her boyfriend abt it
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Samgreguc(m): 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
temigracie:
Yeah, we have freedom to select any guy we want....Do you know the plans her boyfriend have for her??...Dont you think he ll be disappointed if he finds out they are very close and share somethings together??....Will you be happy if someone you love is doing this to you??...
comming from a lady?
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by clem305D(m): 4:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
I so much hate this Nigerian mentality of waiting for commitment before getting serious in a relationship...that means its not sincere relationship; all about marriage marriage marriage...tufiakwa umu Nigeria. Three is crowd, so if either party is having emotional affiliation with another, its called cheating; because you must not have sex to cheat.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by cococandy(f): 4:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
smiley when you're making sense,don't pay heed to those who are upset because you don't type what they want to read.
MizMyColi:
How does a person write so point, all the time.
smiley
Where is that "altercate" moniker that accused me of trying hard to be irresponsible and having multiple standards......
Come and tell her the same thing too. undecided

#Hater

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by ndcide(m): 4:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
LordRahl001: no one is claiming! But pls reverse d role and c d gals reactn! The issue is if he wants d new guy, then call it off wit d boyfriend so he can move on wot his life!!! Do u knw if the boyfriend is even in d same shoes wit another lady but cut it off coz of his gf And imagine he finds out that what he avoided coz of the gf is what d gf is actually doing!!! Put urself in his shoes!! And if she is really that innocent, y didn't she inform her boyfriend abt it

you are on point with the CUT IT OFF line.

for me, I don't attach much emotions into BF & GF thing. any one can take decisions that suits them. Until you are legally joined to the other person in MARRIAGE no one should subject the other in any form of bondage.

A guy almost lost a job because his GF suspected that the lady who wanted to help him was about snatching him from her.

Funny enough after the whole drama, The lady married just 2 months later to her long time friend. she told me. she just felt like helping the guy as he had the opportunity and he already told the manager that the guy was a very close relative.

Personally, I liked a girl I was about going to talk to her when I realised she was with a guy. I intentions was genuine and sincere but the guy had already caged her. she just couldn't break away because of sentiments like what we are reading here. The guy later told the girl that he doesn't like her that he was just managing to put up with her all along.

before the break up her photographs were on this guys wall in his house.

A beg. anyone who has not paid the bride price should NOT subject you to any bondage in the name of love.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by cococandy(f): 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
That's how they end up in 7yrs long relationship and start claiming the guy used and dumped them when they cuffed themselves to someone who ddidnt ask for it.
ndcide: For me,it's foolishness for anyone to clam ownership of the other person when they are not yet married.

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by finditng: 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
Dcaliphate:
is the boyfriend going to marry her? a lady is free to select any guy she deems fit until there ia a commitment so dont talk about facing an uncertain relationship 'squarely'. udo.

By their posts , ye shall knw them....a relationship isn't marriage but I bet you, every relationship has its down period...if at. Every down period, you unto the next, you'll roam around all your youth...andd if you are ever lucky enough to get married before d down period of a relationship, when the period comes, you'll do just the same. I pray God guides me nt tto settle with this type..have some dignity and value...when you say you are here, let them meet you there and when not, say...mtschewwww
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by cybug: 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hmmm... What a complicated world we live in

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Make Your Ex Want You Back After Breakup / Can You Share A Bed With Your Ex For A Night Without Anything Happening? / Am Too Handsome Please Help PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.