Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly (35044 Views)

Desmond Elliot & Lagos House Of Assembly Members At US Conference (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly / The Car That Took Desmond Elliot To His Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by moneybag100: 1:00am On Sep 12, 2014
Olushola Sorry we don't know you...we only know desmond Eliot who never claim yoruba before until now...still flat head blood running in his vein.

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 1:44am On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy: His name don already disqualify him. He better revert back to his Yoruba last name.

Moreso he is half Igbo.

Yeye dey smell so now he remembers his real first name? When he needed to get into nollywood he discarded his Yoruba identity so as to be accepted fully into the ibo industry.

Nonsense and alubosa!

He is not even married to a Yoruba o.

This is the reason why the SW will continue to board last in tests coming behind Kano and soon Katsina
Bush mentality

17 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by tit(f): 1:54am On Sep 12, 2014
The bigots come out a night!

7 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 2:26am On Sep 12, 2014
Babymama1:

This is the reason why the SW will continue to board last in tests coming behind Kano and soon Katsina
Bush mentality

Is that the guy's second name?

Or we should all conclude from your post that ibos are nosy pukefaces?

Since you got exposed you've been running amok with your tribalism, you will just die for nothing.

10 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy: His name don already disqualify him. He better revert back to his Yoruba last name.

Moreso he is half Igbo.

Yeye dey smell so now he remembers his real first name? When he needed to get into nollywood he discarded his Yoruba identity so as to be accepted fully into the ibo industry.

Nonsense and alubosa!

What's the meaning of all these nonsense?

11 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by 1ReBoRn: 4:49am On Sep 12, 2014
Babymama1:

Bush mentality

Beatrice, How market?

7 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by focus7: 4:58am On Sep 12, 2014
sirjohnson: Most people dont actually know that this guy is Yoruba, same as Ramsey Nouah.
by birth he should be from Akwa-Ibom or Cross River, but be born and raised in Lagos State he is Lagosian and possess the right to contest for an elective position in Lagos State. That is d way it should be withg every Nigerian in any part of this country.

6 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by focus7: 5:10am On Sep 12, 2014
handysuzy:

His father is Yoruba while his mother Igbo, as for his surname, I think he is a Lagosian, so am not surprised.
his father or his mother don't have to be a yoruba for him to answer a yoruba name, I know of many igbos who gave a yoruba name to their children and both couples are from the east, beside Desmond Elliot is not an igbo, he is a calaba guy either from Akwa-Ibom or Cross-River.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 12, 2014
"Olusola" Desmond Elliot, Never knew you were "Olusola" but apart from Elliot the actor, what is your followership base politically? What are you bringing to the table? Election isn't won and lost on social network. You need to be a damn grassroot man and not just a popular face on TV. I don't knw who is deceiving you guys in nollywood but it would have been better for you to build your base network and connect with the peÓple before declaring for office. I don't see you coming 4th in the "Primaries" but I wish you well

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 5:22am On Sep 12, 2014
focus7: his father or his mother don't have to be a yoruba for him to answer a yoruba name, I know of many igbos who gave a yoruba name to their children and both couples are from the east, beside Desmond Elliot is not an igbo, he is a calaba guy either from Akwa-Ibom or Cross-River.
it may be celebrity stunt to be in the news
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 12, 2014
django1:

Is that the guy's second name?

Or we should all conclude from your post that ibos are nosy pukefaces?

Since you got exposed you've been running amok with your tribalism, you will just die for nothing.

Hahahahaha
Exposed as?
Beatrice Osisi?

Oh boy
Not again
So there are eediots that actually believe these lunatics?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by BRAV0O(m): 5:38am On Sep 12, 2014
Hmmmmm nkan bee grin grin

This people wanna be using style to fi eba ko wa lobe je since God know when!

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by omenka(m): 6:07am On Sep 12, 2014
I don't trust all these guys. Na so RMD carry him fine boy babyface and olive oil voice go loot Delta State ministry dry!!
They should stay in the entertainment industry where they are needed the most!!

That said, I'm glad he knew he couldn't pitch tents with the Cankerworms. cool

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by donmalcolm21(m): 6:21am On Sep 12, 2014
Why do yorubas lump every one from the south south as ibos? my yoruba mechanic said its because he knows of only three tribes in Nigeria, I reasoned with him because of his level of education but when educated yoruba NLers make same mistake, I give up.

28 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Caseless2: 6:23am On Sep 12, 2014

Moreso he is half Igbo.

Nonsense and alubosa!

dnt mind those guys; they wanna appear bri'ish at all cost.
I like d bala in my name grin

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Caseless2: 6:27am On Sep 12, 2014
omenka: I don't trust all these guys. Na so RMD carry him fine boy babyface and olive oil voice go loot Delta State ministry dry!!
They should stay in the entertainment industry where they are needed the most!!

That said, I'm glad he knew he couldn't pitch tents with the Cankerworms. cool
RMD? I heard he's doing fine. The problem is he has a non-working govnor and his little effort get absorbed by the poor perfomance of the govnor...so so little to b seen of him.
He even look sick these days.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by 0955eb027(m): 7:13am On Sep 12, 2014
DonaldGenes: Hmmph! He should have start from councillorship position to test his popularity before. . . . . . . .
To be cont'd
Tru yarn
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Kponkwem(m): 7:31am On Sep 12, 2014
CoolHunk: I thought he was from the East. Oh well, may the best man win.

His mum is Igbo Delta and he grew up in Jos and East

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ntyce(m): 7:43am On Sep 12, 2014
I have known him to be Yoruba for a while. However this is politics, I dont know the area he will be representing. is it is residential area or his dads area?
how has he contributed to those areas?

I doubt if he emerges from ward congress not to talk of primaries.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by abdulwastecx(m): 7:44am On Sep 12, 2014
donmalcolm21: Why do yorubas lump every one from the south south as ibos? my yoruba mechanic said its because he knows of only three tribes in Nigeria, I reasoned with him because of his level of education but when educated yoruba NLers make same mistake, I give up.

You a definitely an ethnic biogot....
it is thesame every where. in the east, anyone with a noticeable muslim name is label aboki.

7 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by omenka(m): 7:58am On Sep 12, 2014
Caseless2: RMD? I heard he's doing fine. The problem is he has a non-working govnor and his little effort get absorbed by the poor perfomance of the govnor...so so little to b seen of him.
He even look sick these days.
Same RMD EFCC went looking for the other day?? Heard he took off for a while and came back after the dust settled.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Caseless2: 8:04am On Sep 12, 2014
omenka: Same RMD EFCC went looking for the other day?? Heard he took off for a while and came back after the dust settled.
u mean am? grin grin
Whr is that guy that was here on nl painting a gud picture of him to me recently?
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Collynzo17: 8:25am On Sep 12, 2014
These are the same hypocrites that castigate Igbos for not ''supporting'' Rochas, the same people that Lable Nollywood an Igbo industry when it suits them and a Nigerian industry when it suits them, talking from boths sides of the mouth must be a virtue in their culture.
I shudder to think of how much more hateful these comments would have been if the guy wasn't in APC. I am sure most of the haters aren't even from Lagos, they might be some of these Osun and Oyo people that always want to claim Lagos yet they want to dictate to a true Lagosian whether he can run for an election in his own state.
How laughable.

24 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by donmalcolm21(m): 8:37am On Sep 12, 2014
abdulwastecx:

it is thesame every where. in the east, anyone with a noticeable muslim name is label aboki.
just because every body says it doesn't make it right. Be diffrent and you will be that agent of change. For the record I'm an ibo man from Anambra state and that's my identity,

6 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by donmalcolm21(m): 8:38am On Sep 12, 2014
abdulwastecx:

just because every body says it doesn't make it right. Be diffrent and you will be that agent of change. For the record I'm an ibo man from Anambra state and that's my identity,

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 12, 2014
Collynzo17: These are the same hypocrites that castigate Igbos for not ''supporting'' Rochas, the same people that Lable Nollywood an Igbo industry when it suits them and a Nigerian industry when it suits them, talking from boths sides of the mouth must be a virtue in their culture.
I shudder to think of how much more hateful these comments would have been if the guy wasn't in APC. I am sure most of the haters aren't even from Lagos, they might be some of these Osun and Oyo people that always want to claim Lagos yet they want to dictate to a true Lagosian whether he can run for an election in his own state.
How laughable.

Wetin come concern you if Oyo person put mouth for Lagos matter? Don't you people from east all contribute to issues in imo or abia?

9 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 12, 2014
Caseless2: u mean am? grin grin
Whr is that guy that was here on nl painting a gud picture of him to me recently?
You don't swallow the Propaganda on NL just like that.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 9:50am On Sep 12, 2014
Babymama1:

Bush mentality

Hoesisi na you be dis?

How makate?

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ak47mann(m): 9:50am On Sep 12, 2014
igbo movies sell worldwide that is why some actors like to keep their identity secret.look at shegu arinze nollywood movies made him, since he started acting igbo nollywood in the 90s even RMD, olu jacob ,so many of them because of better pay.I don't blame them you will go where the money at cool

9 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 9:52am On Sep 12, 2014
django1:

What's the meaning of all these nonsense?

You call something nonsense you come dey ask for meaning again?

Clearly na you no get the brain cells to understand o.

I no fit help you.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Janeify(f): 10:20am On Sep 12, 2014
hmnnn
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by thwarrior72: 10:41am On Sep 12, 2014
Yoruba and tribalism is clearly inseparable undecided

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Saraki Named A Road After Jay-Z In Illorin (Throwback Photos) / FFK Reacts To Buhari’s Meeting With Archbishop Of Canterbury In London / Uproar As Police Fixes Shooting Range Near Atiku’s Campaign Rally In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.