Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly (35053 Views)

Desmond Elliot & Lagos House Of Assembly Members At US Conference (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly / The Car That Took Desmond Elliot To His Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by deeobserver209(m): 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
Some actors are really becoming confused lately.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
Evergreen123:

my friend, igbos started nollywood industry In 1992.
Prior to that, people were making local films , igbo, yoruba, etc but it wasn't an industry yet.
Omotola joined nollywood in 2000 or so and NW gave her fame.
nobody knew omotola bfr nollywood

Ngozi na person wey wan make dem admit am to mental health hospital dey follow you debate o.

We tok say Omotola featured in a movie produced in 1995 you come add new dimension say na 2000 she start.

Abeg I no fit shout and I'm too young to go mad.

Abeg dey enjoy yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by feedthenation(m): 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
Tribalism and ethnicism - are very biggest reasons why Nigeria will never develop or attain great heights.

Why can't we just put all these nonsense aside and see what Mr Elliot has to offer?

As long as he's a Nigerian, even half-Nigerian, he's good to contest for any political position.

As for me if he's the best candidate I will surely vote for him. We need people like him in politics.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ibedun: 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
feedthenation: Tribalism and ethnicism - are very biggest reasons why Nigeria will never develop or attain great heights.
Why can't we just put all these nonsense aside and see what Mr Elliot has to offer?
As long as he's a Nigerian, even half-Nigerian, he's good to contest for any political position.
As for me if he's the best candidate I will surely vote for him. We need people like him in politics.

Face front ode! We are tribal people and Nigeria is an amalgamation of different tribes and nations.

Ibo man to rule in Yoruba land, nba!

Start your lofty liberalism in Igbo land first (Abeg you no remember "Yoruba" Party?)

Abeg no dey quote that fraudulent constitution o!

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ChristyG(f): 5:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
smh for all dese useless y.ibo hypocrites who are accusing others of beingtribalists..we all remember d last anambra election where apc was labelled 'yoruba'party or is it rochas who has being called all sorts of names cos he joined ayoruba party,or is it u pple who defend criminals like oduah and ihekija.so spare us all dese sh1t talk becos u guys are worse...it is when it comes to lagos matter dat u guys will remember one nigeria and reducing tribalism sh1t talk,nah it doesnt work like dat desmond has never associated with his father place but he wants to rule over them.confused fellow.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by jmoore(m): 5:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
Desmond is an Igbo name? grin grin Mumu plenty for nairaland oh!!

Tribal bigotry blocking the brains of folks since.......

One Nigeria!!

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ChristyG(f): 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
Collynzo17:
Well you are a fuçking nobody and have no say in the grand scheme of things outside here.
At the end of the day, you have just one vote.
He has more stake in Lagos than you.
Period.
mumu y.ibo boy,how does he ave more stake?last tyme i checked,tinubu is from osun state yet he ruled lagos for eight years,even fashola is rumoured to be from ekiti state.so u see he doesnot ave more stake.it is even worse becos he is just a confused yoruba fellow, who does not associate with his roots

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ChristyG(f): 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
jmoore: Desmond is an Igbo name? grin grin Mumu plenty for nairaland oh!!

Tribal bigotry blocking the brains of folks since.......

One Nigeria!!
desmond is not a yoruba name either and he never used his yoruba name,it is now dat he wants a political position dat he remembers his yoruba name.and pls stop dis one nigeria thrash,it is when it is lagos dat u guys remember one nigeria.start dat one nigeria from ur village and state and not from lagos.bunch of hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by fairari022(m): 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
uzolexis: Nigeria should peacefully break up already,most of the comments I see here are pathetic. We do not like ourselves, why are we pretending? I used to advocate 1 Nigeria but the more I go to 9ja sites and see the tribal wars and hateful comments i just get really discouraged.
you don't have to give up, my dear. There is no one country around the globe without disparities within its sphere , some even extend it outta their peripherals. thanks to Jah that Nigeria hasn't opted that option.

diversity is what makes the world lively and gives everyone the freewill to practice their culture irrespective of whom agrees or disagrees. btw, would it be boring if everyone lives in a deserted peaceful realms?

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by londoner: 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
oboman: The problem people have with Desmond Elliot's political ambition is Lagos State is because he hasn't been true to his identity.....

I never knew he is a Yoruba man until I clicked on this post, which doesn't bode well with Nigerian politics, where identity matters more....

People who are accusing Desmond Elliot are accusing him based on his sudden change of name when he sees fit.... Why hasn't he embraced the ''SOLA'' name in Nollywood? Is it because he is scared most Igbo producers in Nollywood won't pick him for roles?

Is he just a trickster that appears Igbo when he goes into Nollywood and appears Yoruba when he intends to go into Lagos politics? This is why people don't trust him and not because of his mixed heritage...

Yes, just like Olu Jacobs gets roles, because poeple think he is Igbo. Same with Omotola......seriously?

Most people who watch Nollywood do not think Desmond is fully Igbo. They have no reason to think he is fully Igbo. and he isn't. Is it now a crime for someone to belong to more than one tribe?

Nollywood has shown time and time again, that it is not a tribalist industry.

For the people who thought that he was Igbo......Which Igbo name has he been using for you to term him Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by GuyFawkes: 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
Evergreen123:

my friend, igbos started nollywood industry In 1992.
Prior to that, people were making local films , igbo, yoruba, etc but it wasn't an industry yet.
Omotola joined nollywood in 2000 or so and NW gave her fame.
nobody knew omotola bfr nollywood

Ngozi stop fabricating falsehoods as fact on NL,
Igbos might have started the so called 'nollywood' in the early 90's,but some Nigerian movies were already being shot in celluloid as far back as the 60's down to 1990 - Hubert Ogunde shot a movie starring Pierce Brosnan in 1990 with some prominent Nigerian actors.

And Omotola was known to the movie industry as at 1995 not 2000,her rise to fame is not different from many other stars.Who knew anybody before they showed up frequently on our screens?

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
GuyFawkes:

Igbos might have started the so called 'nollywood' in the early 90's,but some Nigerian movies were already being shot in celluloid as far back as the 60's down to 1990 - Hubert Ogunde shot a movie starring Pierce Brosnan in 1990 with some prominent Nigerian actors.

And Omotola was known to the movie industry as at 1995 not 2000,her rise to fame is not different from many other stars.Who knew anybody before they showed up frequently on our screens?

Am talking of nollywood itself not any random film productions.
of course, films had Bern made bfr nollywood but igbos brought nollywood with igbo spoken LIB.
Thanks for the correction on 1995, I was only telling the boy that igbod dominated nw even at that time.
He was saying omotola brought Igbo to nollywood, which is the most stupid comment ever.
omotola herself said R. Ebele discovered her
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by londoner: 6:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChristyG: smh for all dese useless y.ibo hypocrites who are accusing others of beingtribalists..we all remember d last anambra election where apc was labelled 'yoruba'party or is it rochas who has being called all sorts of names cos he joined ayoruba party,or is it u pple who defend criminals like oduah and ihekija.so spare us all dese sh1t talk becos u guys are worse...it is when it comes to lagos matter dat u guys will remember one nigeria and reducing tribalism sh1t talk,nah it doesnt work like dat desmond has never associated with his father place but he wants to rule over them.confused fellow.

Yet Yorubas and non-Igbos, have a home in Nollywood, which people term as Igbo dominated and controlled. Omotola, Damilola Adegbite, Mercy Johnson, Olu Jacobs, Ini Edo, Joseph Benjamin, Gbenro Ajibade etc......which ones are Igbo?

Yes, in some instances people have shown tribalist tendencies, but others have always overshadowed them

Take the music industry as an example.........everyone collabs with everyone. Movies, the same. The rest of Nigeria is just lagging behind.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

Ngozi ma person wey wan make dem admit am to mental health hospital dey follow you debate o.

We to say Omotola featured in a movie produced in 1995 you come add new dimension say na 2000 she start.

Abeg I no fit shout and I'm too young to go mad.

Abeg dey enjoy yourself.

NW has always been Igbo dominated.
The so called Fred Amata was working with a lot of igbos even as a producer .Even as at 95.
meanwhile now started in 92
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by anago18(m): 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
GuyFawkes:

who take that lying biatch serious on this forum anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
abdulwastecx:

that is why they lack professionalism...

which is why nw is Africa's mirror to the world.
Tell us the coverage of Yoruba movies? within Yoruba people, the timid ones at that

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
Collynzo17:
Please provide a proof that Zeb Ejiro produced the movie, you keep jumping from pillar to post.
Smacks of confusion and lies.

I have been following ur arguments and I watched him switch grounds.
Pathetic soul.
Ask him how many other prominent Edo ppl in NW 1995 that made him think igbos joined the industry after 95
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

grin

Shit! You must have hated reading my link.

Who says truth isn't bitter?

Your response is tame this time around. Wassup Emeka? cheesy

Was omotola more popular than osuofia, patience, Kenneth okonkwo and other LIB cast?
How can u say omotola 's fame was used by igbos, who gave her fame in the first place?
And omotola wasn't even famous bfr 2000, if u know what famous means.
Even Genevieve was acting by age 8 but became popular by late 90s and 2000s
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
londoner:

Yet Yorubas and non-Igbos, have a home in Nollywood, which people term as Igbo dominated and controlled. Omotola, Damilola Adegbite, Mercy Johnson, Olu Jacobs, Ini Edo, Joseph Benjamin, Gbenro Ajibade etc......which ones are Igbo?

Yes, in some instances people have shown tribalist tendencies, but others have always overshadowed them

Take the music industry as an example.........everyone collabs with everyone. Movies, the same. The rest of Nigeria is just lagging behind.

The mere fact that you can count the non ibos renders your argument of non-tribalism in Nollywood void.

Q
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by 360command: 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
I am beginning to shift myself away from Nairaland due to the level of thinking most nairalanders behave from their writing skills. Nairalanders are lamers! I spit on this particular thread.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Coldfeet(f): 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
YoursGEJ: All of you that are speculating on his tribe as the most important thing should close your worm-infested mouths and shove your comments up a place where sunlight does not get to. Why can't you ask about his agenda or plans? Forget corruption and bad leadership, I swear the masses constitute a majority of the problem this country is facing. Alright regarding previous occupants of that seat, I can bet that most of you cannot name a single thing that they contributed to the community or a bill they have sponsored in the house. But you'd rather let them continue unchallenged in their position. Why? Because both of their parents are Lagosians. Imagine that your car broke down and what is most important to you is whether the mechanic that is trying to fix it is from your village even though all the previous mechanics who have tried but failed to fix it were all from your village. This politics of tribalism has led Nigeria nowhere especially under this current democratic dispensation. When military regimes used administrators from other parts of the country to rule a state, Nigeria saw more development that indigenous politicians have never been able to replicate be it at the federal, state or local level.

You should all bow your heads in shame and look to change your ways because you are enemies of progress to this country

And by the way, if the constitution says he is eligible to contest for that seat, as can be ascertained by INEC, there is nothing you can do to stop him. So look for the nearest transformer and do this country a favour by doing the needful
Handysuzy and asoozy take note o! And by the way the guy no get igbo for him blood so make una chill.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
berem: Olu Jacobs is a yoruba man and acts Igbo films. I have never heard him speak yoruba not to talk of acting yoruba films. So do you classify him alongside Desmond Elliot who is half yoruba and half Igbo?

olu jacobs is not a yoruba man, he is edo man and does not identify himself as yoruba same as omotola ekinde. Most top actors with yoruba names are usually not pure yorubas if atall they are. they are mostly mid western yorubas (edo).
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by tellwisdom: 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
handysuzy:

I know of Lagosians with the names: Benson, Da Silva, Bernard, Coker, Fernandez, Peterside et al, all Yorubas. Desmond is Yoruba and he is more of Yoruba than Ibo.

Mugu, who go vote for am?? sad ...If he like make he add mandela join him name...that wan consign am undecided

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
xharder:

olu jacobs is not a yoruba man, he is edo man and does not identify himself as yoruba same as omotola ekinde. Most top actors with yoruba names are usually not pure yorubas if atall they are. they are mostly mid western yorubas (edo).

Oh really? Yes I know some parts of Edo state that bear yoruba names. You might be right anyway
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by superstar1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
xharder:

Omotola is from Ondo and Olu Jacobs is an Egba man from Abeokuta.

If you don't know, get informed and stop disgracing yourself by spewing thrash here.

NL is not your village square, where you can easily misinform people.

9 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
berem: Well I guess Desmond Elliot is his stage name. It is very common for actors to use only their English names for the sake of their acting career. There are many of them both yorubas and igbo actors who use only their english names.

At least we agree on one thing
its just like refusing Rita Dominic in imo state or igboland cos she didn't use Igbo name.
That's insanity
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
berem: Desmond Elliot will be massively voted for. How I wished he was contesting under Ojo constituency,I will rally votes for him. He craves for a change and he deserves the chance to make that change. cheesy cheesy

what's his constituency?
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by iconize(m): 7:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
superstar1:

Omotola is from Ondo and Olu Jacobs is an Egba man from Abeokuta.

If you don't know, get informed and stop disgracing yourself by spewing thrash here.

NL is not your village square, where you can easily misinform people.

Superstar, I thought I've warned you to refrain from being dumb.

When will you wave good bye to dumbness, hun? At your old age.

Poor bum, better behave yourself or I go ham on you again.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 7:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
xharder:

Really? Olu and Omotola are not Yorubas? Tell me something!!!

So although Omotola is from Ondo state, she is actually Edo? Interesting stuff!

So what part of Edo is Olu from?

Na wa o. This one pass tales by moonlight o.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
Evergreen123:

what's his constituency?
I really don't know his constituency nne. Maybe its Surulere where he grew up. I am not sure.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by amtoxic66(f): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy: His name don already disqualify him. He better revert back to his Yoruba last name.

Moreso he is half Igbo.

Yeye dey smell so now he remembers his real first name? When he needed to get into nollywood he discarded his Yoruba identity so as to be accepted fully into the ibo industry.

Nonsense and alubosa!

He is not even married to a Yoruba o.
tribalism of heighst other, watch and see hw he wins the seat
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by foluwatosin: 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
cool
YoursGEJ: All of you that are speculating on his tribe as the most important thing should close your worm-infested mouths and shove your comments up a place where sunlight does not get to. Why can't you ask about his agenda or plans? Forget corruption and bad leadership, I swear the masses constitute a majority of the problem this country is facing. Alright regarding previous occupants of that seat, I can bet that most of you cannot name a single thing that they contributed to the community or a bill they have sponsored in the house. But you'd rather let them continue unchallenged in their position. Why? Because both of their parents are Lagosians. Imagine that your car broke down and what is most important to you is whether the mechanic that is trying to fix it is from your village even though all the previous mechanics who have tried but failed to fix it were all from your village. This politics of tribalism has led Nigeria nowhere especially under this current democratic dispensation. When military regimes used administrators from other parts of the country to rule a state, Nigeria saw more development that indigenous politicians have never been able to replicate be it at the federal, state or local level.

You should all bow your heads in shame and look to change your ways because you are enemies of progress to this country

And by the way, if the constitution says he is eligible to contest for that seat, as can be ascertained by INEC, there is nothing you can do to stop him. So look for the nearest transformer and do this country a favour by doing the needful
I'm sorry,u're too dull for dis discussion

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Fayose Writes EFCC Again / Soludo Embarks On An Unscheduled Visit To UNIZIK’s Forgotten Worsened Road / Buhari Appoints Garba Baba Umar As New Security Adviser, 2 Weeks To Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.