Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers (10155 Views)

Meet Woman Who Had 7 Babies In 5 Years / What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School / Must We Carry Our Little Babies And Toddlers In Front Seats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by Webhost(m): 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hello fellow Nairalanders,

I always see some babies and toddlers looking big and some even bigger than their age.
I really want to know the secret behind this because i have seen children of the rich, average and even poor with this characteristics so I know it is not dependent on the level of parent's wealth. I know somebody who does not feed the baby with good food, only custard, she can't even afford to add enough baby food, yet the baby is big and looks well feed.

Do they feed their children with a special food?
Do they give these children a particular medicine?

Please give reasonable reasons for this.

Thanks.
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
For all I know it could be hereditary or proper nutrition or even both. But this your question sha... -_-
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by Webhost(m): 12:48am On Sep 12, 2014
Ceasar1: For all I know it could be hereditary or proper nutrition or even both. But this your question sha... -_-

Yeah! I like babies or toddlers to be big. I agree with hereditary but I am not sure of the proper nutrition thing. I have seen those that are not properly feed that are still big.
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by egopersonified(f): 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
I would also like to know because upon over feeding, prayer and fasting, my kids were never chubby as babies.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by beeevan: 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
My kids are big, they eat a lot but I think theirs is hereditary. Right from infancy,they came big.
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by Xsenga(f): 6:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
I ONE KNOW 2 OO.
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by Webhost(m): 10:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
@beeevan, thanks. But apart from hereditary. I have seen lean parents and not so rich but infant is very big. Can't ask them cos I don't know them. I believe there is a type of supplement because after giving my child Zinc for diarrhea she started becoming bigger. Though, I don't know if it is the Zinc or not.
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by beeevan: 10:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
Webhost: @beeevan, thanks. But apart from hereditary. I have seen lean parents and not so rich but infant is very big. Can't ask them cos I don't know them.

Sure ,I know there are other factors, just meant that my kids's are hereditary.
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by Laird(m): 1:06am On Sep 13, 2014
Som babies are born to mothers that are diabetic and are called macrosomic(a kind of medical word for large) babies or sugar babies. Consult a Medical Doctor gynaecologist for further advice.
This is not medical advice and should not be used for Medical advice. Just a personal opinion
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by gidjah(m): 7:49am On Sep 13, 2014
beeevan: My kids are big, they eat a lot but I think theirs is hereditary. Right from infancy,they came big.
YEA SIS,i recalled mydaughter got award as d most chubby and cutest girl in asokoro hospital,then.the hereditary thing is that the baby mama is on d chubby side too,pretty and fair is her name,so you couldnt hav taking all those qualities away fromdaughter.but daddy is a tall lanky thing.i also discovered that peoplecarry her so tey her hands wan fall off!i had to 'keep out of d reach of carryin things'before my daughters hands go fall off some day
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by beeevan: 8:51am On Sep 13, 2014
gidjah: YEA SIS,i recalled mydaughter got award as d most chubby and cutest girl in asokoro hospital,then.the hereditary thing is that the baby mama is on d chubby side too,pretty and fair is her name,so you couldnt hav taking all those qualities away fromdaughter.but daddy is a tall lanky thing.i also discovered that peoplecarry her so tey her hands wan fall off!i had to 'keep out of d reach of carryin things'before my daughters hands go fall off some day

That's cute, my kids starts losing their baby fat as toddlers, they just appear bigger than their peers, may be their broad shoulders.
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by Webhost(m): 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
Thanks all. But are there no supplements or a type of vitamin or multivitamin that can make a baby eat very well and big?
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by SAMBARRY: 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
When the mother eats a lot of fattening foods during pregnancy, the baby is most definitely going to be chubby. Another factor is if the mom or father was chubby during infancy
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
egopersonified: I would also like to know because upon over feeding, prayer and fasting, my kids were never chubby as babies.
grin
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
My first baby was really big and still is.In her own case it was both hereditary(from the Dad) and over eating.Me,being on the skinny side,no one ever believed I could be her Mum.Uptil now,whenever I go to her school,the teachers will be expecting to see one Giant looking woman.its so funny whenever I see their disbelieving looks.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by egopersonified(f): 8:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
Augustbreak: grin

We are still waiting for you down here. The rains are something else. Expecting your arrival ASAP.
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
egopersonified:

We are still waiting for you down here. The rains are something else. Expecting your arrival ASAP.
cheesy.
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by joeyarticles: 9:39am On Jun 02, 2016
Infant and toddler feeding practice in the Baby Friendly Initiative
A major benefit of infant formula is the development of modern formulas for infants with special needs due to allergy to milk protein
http://www.prestarticles.com/infant-and-toddler-feeding-practice-in-the-baby-friendly-initiative/
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 04, 2016
Webhost:
Hello fellow Nairalanders,

I always see some babies and toddlers looking big and some even bigger than their age.
I really want to know the secret behind this because i have seen children of the rich, average and even poor with this characteristics so I know it is not dependent on the level of parent's wealth. I know somebody who does not feed the baby with good food, only custard, she can't even afford to add enough baby food, yet the baby is big and looks well feed.

Do they feed their children with a special food?
Do they give these children a particular medicine?

Please give reasonable reasons for this.

Thanks.
hereditary
proper nutrition
happiness.
Re: What Is The Secret Of Big Babies And Toddlers by naniawini(f): 3:50pm On Jun 04, 2016
Well it depends on d parents if they wia big during infancy. Like 4 mi during my childhood I was vry thin Infact wen people see they dnt bliv it's cos I'm so robust nw. My baby has neva being big right frm infancy Infact sumtyms wen I go 4 immunizations or checkup d nurses always shout on mi that am nt feedn d baby well I alwys felt bad but my baby gal is gradually coming up. As 4 her dad he's thin.

(1) (Reply)

My Wife DOES NOT WORK !!! Conversation Between A Husband And A Psychologist / Best Happy Birthday Messages, Wishes, Qoutes For Friends And Families / What Are You Grateful For In 2019?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.