Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

5million Gmail Emails And Passwords Hacked! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5million Gmail Emails And Passwords Hacked! (628 Views)

Did YOUR Password Make The Most Popular Passwords Of 2015 List? / How To Block Unwanted Email Addresses In Gmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5million Gmail Emails And Passwords Hacked! by Wittylens(m): 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
Yesterday , a database containing the email passwords of 5million gmail users was allegedly uploaded to a russian bitcon forum.

According to WittyLens the list was immediately taken down and so there is no evidence to claim if gmail was actually hacked.

It is still a mystery how those emails and passwords was stolen from google's database , however , a Google spokesman said that “The list, probably combed or phished from malware-infected computer, appears to contain outdated or older login information. However, the uploader claimed 60-percent of the passwords.”

To ensure safety , Gmail users are advised to check if their account has been compromised by using This Tool
Re: 5million Gmail Emails And Passwords Hacked! by HAkorehdeh(m): 11:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
I think am a victim of this.... Though, i don't really value the account.

1 Like

Re: 5million Gmail Emails And Passwords Hacked! by Wittylens(m): 12:00am On Sep 12, 2014
HAkorehdeh: I think am a victim of this.... Though, i don't really value the account.

Change Your Password ASAP

(1) (Reply)

Will Etesalet Bb Plan Work On Adroied After Change Of Imei / Plz Is The Glo 1k Bundle For Andriod Working On Pc / Brand New Ipad Air (wifi+celullar) 16g For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.