Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like (39864 Views)

WINDOWS 8 SUCCESSOR: Windows 10 Unveiled Instead Of Windows 9. / Microsoft Skips Windows 9, Jumps Straight To Windows 10 (pix) / Windows 9 Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by oyewolestephen(m): 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
Harrybanty: you wish! Your phone is still gonna be on windows 8, unless you find a way to upgrade it (by professional help) or you wait a month after the release of Windows 9 and BUY A NEW WINDOWS 9 PHONE!
thanks
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by emmatok(m): 12:01am On Sep 13, 2014
Bawss1:

Oga are you manufacturing these stories? Win 8 has sold more than 200 million licenses as of date, and while this is behind Win 7, it is anything but a slow sale.

Which PC manufacturer in 2014 is making news devices with Win 7?

LOL, You are probably not in PC business.

Just a user.

OEMs are still releasing WIN7 PC.
http://www.wpcentral.com/hp-brings-back-windows-7-pc-due-popular-demand

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Desktops/Desktops

http://www.cnet.com/news/dell-still-has-windows-7-pcs-and-theyre-on-sale/

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/global/shared/windows7/experience/index?c=us&l=en&cs=19
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by emmatok(m): 12:03am On Sep 13, 2014
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 13, 2014
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Raypawer(m): 12:10am On Sep 13, 2014
this feature is already present on windows 8.1

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by pimpc007(m): 1:13am On Sep 13, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: This is why Nigerians are backward.
How can you say u prefer Windows 7 to Windows 8.
Do you know how that sounds?
Its just like saying i prefer a catapault to a gun....Jeez
No wonda White men laugh at us.
Tell that to a programmer on Nairaland and he will laugh bele tear.Chai.
People gladly accepting backwardness

hello, there is every reason to have preference for Windows 7 over 8. In case you don't know, this phenomenon is world-wide. Lots of people in developed countries have refused to join Windows 8 (you should google this if its hard to believe from me).
For me, I never adopted Windows 8 even though I own an actual copy of the software. I totally agree with the speed in some aspects of the OS - for example, right-clicking on an icon in the task bar to eject is waay faster, shutdown time is also faster than W7 but then one of the merits of any software upgrade, be it an OS or application is the ease of use over its predecessor. As long as the W7 is still supported (security upgrades and all), I find absolutely no reason to switch to the complexity of W8. The W8 UI in my opinion was a rush to catch-up with tablet computing UI but the people at Microsoft forgot we use the OS primarily on PCs. The found out their major mistake which was the start menu and tried to make amends in W8.1 by bringing the start button back. History has shown us approval/adoption ratings that, XP was Tops, Vista = Bottom, W7 = Tops, W8 = bottom, W9 should be Top Notch!
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 13, 2014
We were just talking about rebuilding windows 9 interface to improve its user experience.
Microsoft OS learning curve keeps getting vertically steeper and steeper. It's costing them their customers.
I remember hating windows 8. Switching from windows 7 to windows 8 was no easy beans.
But I gotta admit, I love it now.
I'm glad Microsoft decided to reintroduce the start menu. It makes things a lot easier and faster.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by adexlink(m): 2:07am On Sep 13, 2014
Ios and Unbutu/redhat still waiting
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by entadaplace: 2:46am On Sep 13, 2014

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by ITbomb(m): 3:50am On Sep 13, 2014
Bawss1:

Oga are you manufacturing these stories? Win 8 has sold more than 200 million licenses as of date, and while this is behind Win 7, it is anything but a slow sale.

Which PC manufacturer in 2014 is making news devices with Win 7?
Sir, check this from PC World

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by dam007(m): 6:04am On Sep 13, 2014
NifemiOlu: Wondering why some peeps are having issues with Windows 8, for me, it's super great...super cool. As for this Windows 9, all I can see is a combination of Windows 7+8.1. Is Microsoft trying to dull us?
my W8 is awesome! Cnt wait 4 W9! Hope it has lots of new features tho...
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by dam007(m): 6:15am On Sep 13, 2014
sniperwolf: Windows 8 is very nice, I see no reason why people here are having problems with it. Windows 8 is straight forward to use, everything you need to do is at the startup. I even prefer the original Windows 8 to the updated 8.1
picture password, on a touchscreen Asus slim! Super cool... The part that blows me away completely is my startup! Tops 15 seconds! Windows 8 rocks jare!

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by donbabade: 6:16am On Sep 13, 2014
I hated windows 8 so much dat I bought Linux instead grin
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by dam007(m): 6:18am On Sep 13, 2014
sonnie10: Quick question guys. Who has been able to download google chrome on window 8 (8.1). Please let me know what you did. Thanks
Windows OS runs .exe app files.. Simply find G.chrome.exe, download and install.. In fact, switching from 7 to 8 is as easy as 123

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by NifemiOlu(m): 6:36am On Sep 13, 2014
Many of those complaining about Windows 8 didn't activate it, so they had limited access to the flexibility of the OS and other features.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by bitterpenis(m): 6:46am On Sep 13, 2014
After trying my hands on windows 8 severally on a friends laptop, I decided never to upgrade my OS.....but from the potential start menu on the desktop seems WIN9 will be much more user friendly
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Davidbanky(m): 6:54am On Sep 13, 2014
mindworx: No matter how beautiful your application is, No matter how geeky it feels, No matter how brilliant ... Once its not user-friendly .. forget it. When i say user-friendly .. am not separating mobile users from desktop users. That's where Windows 8 failed. Once users cannot easily learn it, you have just produced another application, not a product. We should know that our products are 90% consumed by non-technical people.

Who wants to go to Windows 8 school, when he has large chunks of financial or HR data to process ?

You right, but I was thinking now people don't have all the time to learn the new ones like the others, but sometimes I feel that ones u are good enough to understand a computer then one should be able to take his/her time to learn the new ones, when I saw the window 8, I was talking to myself and I said *why won't a whole me know how to operate this ? Lol ... Nobody get time like that again, atleast all the new ones shouldn't be complex.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 13, 2014
zyzxx: really? Pls which window do u start with?
I don't get you.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by DikSin(m): 7:00am On Sep 13, 2014
Sorry to all those whining about Windows 8: it wasn't design for u, not at all. Its for the smart intelligent people like me who didn't waste time comprehending the Best Windows Ever!

Stop crying about Windows 8, dull peoplegrincheesy

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by icankel: 7:11am On Sep 13, 2014
Window8 is super gud BUT if u did not understand it yet sorry is not ur fault cos many spent 4 to 5 yrs in Uni witóut understanding Maths 101.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by mstik(f): 7:29am On Sep 13, 2014
woohooo
Can't wait to upgrade...
W8 eventually turned out to be a breeze
Am so used to it now that other versions seem archaic to me
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by killzone(m): 7:29am On Sep 13, 2014
icankel: Window8 is super gud BUT if u did not understand it yet sorry is not ur fault cos many spent 4 to 5 yrs in Uni witóut understanding Maths 101.
lwkmd guy u wicked ooooo.But Seriously I don't get what's so complex about windows 8 its rili easy just think of it as our smartphone OS.if windows 8 OS os hard then u will say windows phone OS 8.1 is complex abi
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by dre44k(m): 7:30am On Sep 13, 2014
My love for WINDOWS 8 ehn, chaiiii!!! E dey gve me more privacy from peeps i dnt lyk to access my laptop...Oga na Hw u dey operate dis ur lappy? Me go jes pretend as if I know hear anytin, after dem don try to access am tire dem go leave my laptop jeje. Lmao

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Bawss1(m): 7:47am On Sep 13, 2014
emmatok:

LOL, You are probably not in PC business.

Just a user.

OEMs are still releasing WIN7 PC.
http://www.wpcentral.com/hp-brings-back-windows-7-pc-due-popular-demand

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Desktops/Desktops

http://www.cnet.com/news/dell-still-has-windows-7-pcs-and-theyre-on-sale/

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/global/shared/windows7/experience/index?c=us&l=en&cs=19

You are very funny.

You are giving us links for computers made last year and the year before - of course there are still Win 7 products in the market, nobody expects that they will disappear just like that. My challenge still stands: show me a 2014 product that comes with Win 7. No leading OEM is releasing new computers with Win 7 in 2014.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Bawss1(m): 8:04am On Sep 13, 2014
ITbomb:

Checked it out. It does not show that Win 8 is a failure as many people here are shouting

You need to put it all in perspective. Consider:

XP was released in 2001- that's 13 years ago and still has a market share of 23%. Win 7 was released in 2009 - that's 5 years ago with a share of 51.21%. Win 8 was released in 2012 - 2 years ago with a 6.28% (Win 8.1 - 7.09%)

Without doubt Win 7 still commands the greater share of computers in use today - it is a great OS - but if you think that Win 8 is failure with those numbers then you must be joking.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by dazekid(m): 8:09am On Sep 13, 2014
femi4: Incorrect. Its the worst window

Heavy in size

Navigation complexity

Software compatibility problem

I thought you were advising someone to upgrade to windows 8/8.1 a few weeks/months back..
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Tnot(m): 8:10am On Sep 13, 2014
I downgraded my pre loaded Win 8 to Win7 because I was finding it difficult to install .NET framework. I upgraded to Win 8.1
I'm sure by the time Win 9 is out many people will still find it difficult to operate.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Fulaman198(m): 8:10am On Sep 13, 2014
ITbomb:

That information is old and outdated,

Source, the thenextweb

2 Likes

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Bawss1(m): 8:14am On Sep 13, 2014
Thanks Fulaman198 my Win 8 buddy grin

Lets show these people that Win 8 is anything but a failure.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by femi4: 8:14am On Sep 13, 2014
dazekid:

I thought you were advising someone to upgrade to windows 8/8.1 a few weeks/months back..
It wasn't me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Common Uses Of Function Keys F1 To F12 On Your Computer Keyboard / Over 100 Computer Keyboard Shortcuts!!! / Come for Laptop screen replacement in our Abuja and Lagos store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.