Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi (25562 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach / Without Mikel Nigeria Is Out Of The World Cup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by burningspear(m): 10:31am On Sep 13, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Please name the Nigerian player that played better than Mikel in the match against South Africa. Mikel was second best player of the match behind the 17 (Jali) of South Africa.

How come the second best player of the match is quack. So which Nigerian player was better than Mikel?

Imagine our best player of the match being dissed while players worse than Mikel never get abused.

Bros don't mind them. We never know the importance of Mikel until he is left out or substituted in a Nigerian game (soon). Then we shall all see. For now let the anti-Mikel crusade continue to vilify the very one who has laboured all through the ranks and all the through the years, though came short in some games (which is natural), to play this game to make Nigeria happy.

From every perspective, credit must go to the soldier on the battle field and not to critics who will stop at nothing to kill his moral and ultimately bring him down.

The ideal Mikel has always survived. And this time also, he has chosen to raise him head above it all.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by hkidola00(m): 11:26am On Sep 13, 2014
terzurum5: Pls don't only ask Keshi to drop Mikel name just one person that can fit into his position well in the present super eagles. We continue to complain Mikel this Mikel that but deep inside of us we do know very well it is going to take a while before we find a suitable player who will fit in well in his position.
Bleep u,which deep inside,go to kwara football academy,u go c players u go run,mikel ko ikedia ni

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 13, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Please name the Nigerian player that played better than Mikel in the match against South Africa. Mikel was second best player of the match behind the 17 (Jali) of South Africa.

How come the second best player of the match is quack. So which Nigerian player was better than Mikel?

Imagine our best player of the match being dissed while players worse than Mikel never get abused.
wetin dis 1 dey talk sef na football u watch dat day abi dance??

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by sexzskil(f): 12:01pm On Sep 13, 2014
emusmith: Sorry durling. BTW, what is your discipline?
political science, dear
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2014

1. How did you know he was the 2nd best player of the day? Was there and official announcement?

2. If he indeed was, it simply means every other player was horrible, I watched that match bro and I was disgusted by the display.

I'm very sure Mikel didn't make up to 30% completed passes, no joke, he was a complete disaster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
sexzskil:
political science, dear
Hakuna Matata, Sweet heart...Things have a way of falling in place, I promise...what school?
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by sexzskil(f): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
emusmith: Hakuna Matata, Sweet heart...Things have a way of falling in place, I promise...what school?
Unilorin, oooo
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
sexzskil:
Unilorin, oooo
It's gonna be fine...Are you on bbm?
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Goke7: 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
despite all destructive criticisms, mikel remains of Nigeria's greats, though i have some reservations, i will never run down a player who has done so much for himself and achieved greatness by winning several titles with both club and country.

Any Nigeian player who feel he's better should first get into one of the biggest clubs in europe, win the champions league, europa league, African nations' cup, premier league, fa cup and so on, then i can forget about mikel but for now mikel remains a hero!

My fellow Nigerians, our memories can be so short. The likes of lampard and Gerard never did much for England but are highly regarded and revered in their country

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
django1:

1. How did you know he was the 2nd best player of the day? Was there and official announcement?

2. If he indeed was, it simply means every other player was horrible, I watched that match bro and I was disgusted by the display.

I'm very sure Mikel didn't make up to 30% completed passes, no joke, he was a complete disaster.
I read a report of Jali winning the man of the match over Mikel. I am not ready to start digging through articles. I am glad with your point two. That is even though Mikel was poor (from you guys perspective) he was better than the other Super Eagles players but he gets the most criticism.

As for that 30% pass completion rate. That is not true. The only clear opportunity we had, was the pass Mikel gave Onazi that Onazi wasted. Many here will not remember that.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:03am On Sep 14, 2014
django1:

In possession Jali edged the efficiency over Mikel making 50 successful passes from 59 attempts giving him an 84, 75 successful pass percentage.

Chelsea’s Mikel managed 55 successful passes, however, he attempted to make 67, which gives him a successful pass percentage of 82, 09.
http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/south-africa/andile-jali-head-to-head-with-john-obi-mikel/176530

You said 30%, while Mikel had 82.09%. As I say, you guys criticism are over the top.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Etitigood(m): 5:34am On Sep 25, 2014
he need to warm the bench for sometime so he will step up his game
seunlayi: [size=38pt]mikel must go[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua / Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong / Nigeria Fails To Qualify For World Cup In Qatar After Ghana Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.