Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. (31105 Views)

Oluwaseun Samuel-Fajilade With Male And Female Sex Organs Cries Out For Help / Nigerian Lady With A So, So Wide Vagina Cries Out For Help.. / West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by eljanfortis(m): 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
bennygreat1: Well... I think NOT just Lagos,but NIGERIA should be able to fight the EVD to a stand still B4 giving helping hands to other nations...

We re still developing.... Let them cry to the developed nations like d U.S of A and others... Let's manage to deal wit every of the problems we re facing for now...

LASG..... Plssssssss be warned.....
this nt selfishness but selfdefence like yorubas would say "olorun oni je ka fi ori fa agbon"english version-may we nt bear oda pple's wrath
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
ABC247:
If that makes you feel good, then believe that.

I do believe that and inline with other real life professionals in 1st world countries and that is why I posted it.

I know anything that doesn't go with your individual position has to be faulty. You'll learn to get a grip sooner or later.
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by obayaya(m): 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
CityNG:

Not only California but individual companies can

Again, unless it's forbidden by federal laws, like trading with Hezbollah, ISIL, North Korea, etc it's all fair commerce. You seem to not want to grasp that at all, which is a shame.

This is why the US economy is very strong and stable.

You call it playing around technicalities, I call it unsound debating skills.

Am I debating with children or Men?

And what prevented the company that produced Zmapp from giving it to Nigeria?

Your guess is as good as mine.

I'm sorry to say this sir!! But you're not very smart

Good night

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
obayaya: ..

Since you don't know, Next time don't be so quick to jump into arguments that may end with you saying "I don't know"

National security encapsulates a lot of things grin

In your rush to find fault with me (which you'll never find and will just frustrate yourself), you faield to realised that I never said what youa re trying to pin on me.

You NL dunces seems to want to pull things out of your dearie just to win a debate at all cost, you'll even stoop to lying which I guess is the Nigerian past time these days.

Sensible people will see through your kindergartner smoke screen with ease grin

PS: There's absolutely nothing you can teach me so save your miniscule efforts.
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by obayaya(m): 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
CityNG:

In your rush to find fault with me (which you'll never find and will just frustrate yourself), you faield to realised that I never said what youa re trying to pin on me.

You NL dunces seems to want to pull things out of your dearie just to win a debate at all cost, you'll even stoop to lying which I guess is the Nigerian past time these days.

Sensible people will see through your kindergartner smoke screen with ease grin

PS: There's absolutely nothing you can teach me so save your miniscule efforts.

Very funny

At least I taught you 1 thing -- Environmental security is an integral part of National security.

Too bad a kindergartener had to point that out to a professional like you grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by deboraha(f): 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ryabcool: Look, no one is saying FG did nothing. FG took charge for once and its commendable. But what is bad here is people trying to claim FG did all the work and Lagos didn't play a big role in containment. That is very unfair. Both of them deserve the credit. If other countries come to Lagos to learn, it is also a good image for the FG. Afterall, Lagos is still part of Nigeria.

Thumbs up! Is not the same federal government/the minister of health that were in conflict and contradicting themselves about the use of funds released for controlling and fighting EVD?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
obayaya:

1) And what prevented the company that produced Zmapp from giving it to Nigeria?

2) Your guess is as good as mine.

3) I'm sorry to say this sir!! But you're not very smart

4) Good night

If you are very smart you would have kept abreast of developments from the beginning. But as the dunce that you are, you are late to the game as usual. It has been stated time after time that (a) it has not been tested on human yet, (b) it is against the law (in countries with a functioning legal system of which Nigeria is not which is the root cause of your inability to function correctly personally) to sell medicine that has not been approved by the FDA (c) the medicine was in short supply with only 6 doses I think on hand.

2) When you have to guess on debate you should graciously bow out and accept your ineptness and defeat. Don't wade into uncharted waters that your mental capacity is not yet developed to handle.

3) Thank you Sir. Coming from you and based on how you've handled yourself on this debate and your total lack of gumption, international education, lack of any wit, I take that as a complete compliment.

4) It's only 1030AM not night yet for me besides you're not going anywhere. Your bruised ego will not allow you to sleep.
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
obayaya:

Very funny

At least I taught you 1 thing -- Environmental security is an integral part of National security.

Too bad a kindergartener had to point that out to a professional like you grin

You only think you taught me or anyone something. That is one of the first clues of insanity, having a overwhelming need to be accepted. You're a fraud, a fake, an uneducated urchin. That will be day that a complete world affairs illiterate will teach me anything on this subject or any subject for that matter.

Environment security is not a national security but I can understand why you would think that. You guys sit around hoping and waiting for the federal government to do things for you instead of engaging your immediate leaders to engage on your behalf.

Go read some books and educate yourself. I know schools are probably out now banned or on strike as usual.
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by obayaya(m): 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
CityNG:

If you are very smart you would have kept abreast of developments from the beginning. But as the dunce that you are, you are late to the game as usual. It has been stated time after time that (a) it has not been tested on human yet, (b) it is against the law (in countries with a functioning legal system of which Nigeria is not which is the root cause of your inability to function correctly personally) to sell medicine that has not been approved by the FDA (c) the medicine was in short supply with only 6 doses I think on hand.

2) When you have to guess on debate you should graciously bow out and accept your ineptness and defeat. Don't wade into uncharted waters that your mental capacity is not yet developed to handle.

3) Thank you Sir. Coming from you and based on how you've handled yourself on this debate and your total lack of gumption, international education, lack of any wit, I take that as a complete compliment.

4) It's only 1030AM not night yet for me besides you're not going anywhere. Your bruised ego will not allow you to sleep.

And they gave it to Liberia and Sierra lone?

The emboldened says a lot about your submission.

I must confess.. you are good with words (demeaning words particularly)

But your words make very little sense

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by obayaya(m): 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
CityNG:

You only think you taught me or anyone something. That is one of the first clues of insanity, having a overwhelming need to be accepted. You're a fraud, a fake, an uneducated urchin. That will be day that a complete world affairs illiterate will teach me anything on this subject or any subject for that matter.

Environment security is not a national security but I can understand why you would think that. You guys sit around hoping and waiting for the federal government to do things for you instead of engaging your immediate leaders to engage on your behalf.

Go read some books and educate yourself. I know schools are probably now banned or on strike as usual.

Lmao.. please educate yourself

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_security#Environmental_security

You see. .

Plenty grammar. Very little sense cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
obayaya:

1) And they gave it to Liberia and Sierra lone?

2) The emboldened says a lot about your submission.

3) I must confess.. you are good with words (demeaning words particularly)

4) But your words make very little sense

1) After much deliberation, after debate at a legislative level. They also gave it to a Swede by the way who later died. ZMapp is not the cure for ebola. Proper care in a medical facility is the cure. If we gave you ZMapp right away the cry would be "look at this yeye US guys, dem dey use us as guenia pigs, giving us their yeye untested medicine". Because ZMapp is not the cure people will still die if they are not cared for properly in a good hospital.

2) Regardless of how you feel, we are a country of law and it's imply an illegal act with severe penalties from FDA is a company sells un approved medicine. The later gave ZMapp a variance and that is why they released it.

3) "Enu ti aiye fi npe adegun, oun nani won fi npe adeogun". If I support your position I would verbose with the same equality, it is unfortunate that we find ourselves on opposing sides on this debate. We're still brothers and I will drink beer with you.

4) I understand how you feel. As humans when we disagree with someone else's position then their position will make no sense. APC doesn't make sense to PDP and vice versa. These things happen, what you gonna do?
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
obayaya:

Lmao.. please educate yourself

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_security#Environmental_security

You see. .

Plenty grammar. Very little sense cheesy

I've read that before. It's unfortunate that you are of very little education that you have to resort to Wiki to bolster your position.

Unfortunately I didn't see Ebola or Nigeria mentioned.

PS: If Wiki serves as your repository of education then you have completely missed the road. I have nothing but pity for your pathetic existence.
You are simply outwitted and I fail to see how you can have a rosy future. An ordinary debate on Ebola and national security and you have to resort to Wiki?
Keep trying grin
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by obayaya(m): 6:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
CityNG:

1) After much deliberation, after debate at a legislative level. They also gave it to a Swede by the way who later died. ZMapp is not the cure for ebola. Proper care in a medical facility is the cure. If we gave you ZMapp right away the cry would be "look at this yeye US guys, dem dey use us as guenia pigs, giving us their yeye untested medicine". Because ZMapp is not the cure people will still die if they are not cared for properly in a good hospital.

2) Regardless of how you feel, we are a country of law and it's imply an illegal act with severe penalties from FDA is a company sells un approved medicine. The later gave ZMapp a variance and that is why they released it.

3) "Enu ti aiye fi npe adegun, oun nani won fi npe adeogun". If I support your position I would verbose with the same equality, it is unfortunate that we find ourselves on opposing sides on this debate. We're still brothers and I will drink beer with you.

4) I understand how you feel. As humans when we disagree with someone else's position then their position will make no sense. APC doesn't make sense to PDP and vice versa. These things happen, what you gonna do?

In reply to your 1 and 2 : but they gave it to Liberia and Sierra leone? Now that's a fact

Every other thing you wrote up there are mere conjectures.

3 and 4: whatever rocks your boat man grin
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Emasel(m): 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
This only shows the difference between Nigeria and those countries.Nigeria is much ahead of them in terms of quality of Health care facilities.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by obayaya(m): 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
CityNG:

I've read that before. It's unfortunate that you are of very little education that you have to resort to Wiki to bolster your position.

Unfortunately I didn't see Ebola or Nigeria mentioned.

PS: If Wiki serves as your repository of education then you have completely missed the road. I have nothing but pity for your pathetic existence.
You are simply outwitted and I fail to see how you can have a rosy future. An ordinary debate on Ebola and national security and you have to resort to Wiki?
Keep trying grin

This you clutching at straws

Well, I'm sure you've gotten the message though regardless of your grammar cheesy

I'm done with you for tonight. winkwink

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by amtoxic66(f): 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
obayaya:

1) In reply to your 1 and 2 : but they gave it to Liberia and Sierra leone? Now that's a fact

2) Every other thing you wrote up there are mere conjectures.

3) 3 and 4: whatever rocks your boat man grin

1) I'm not sure if you're naturally dense or you're just acting like one intentionally. I already explained to you that they gave it to those two countries and Sweden AFTER much deliberation with federal authorities and getting a waiver. So your fact was never denied as not being a fact so I am not sure why you are jubilating.

2) Your opinion. My opinion is different from yours obviously.

3) And whatever rocks yours too Amigo. grin
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
Emasel: This only shows the difference between Nigeria and those countries.Nigeria is much ahead of them in terms of quality of Health care facilities.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Finally a non delirious Nairalander grin
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
obayaya:

1) This you clutching at straws

2) Well, I'm sure you've gotten the message though regardless of your grammar cheesy

3) I'm done with you for tonight. winkwink

1) Please form complete and intelligent posts if you want an educated answer. I don't do gibberish unfortunately.

2) Nothing you've posted all morning shows any coherent message. It's all illogical ramblings.

3) Yawwwnnn....you'll be back. Again. Your ego won't let you sleep.
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by FATM: 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
Dem think say na mai-mai, only man power? Na God help us oh! All the prayers and fasting, me sef fast Join, abeg make them pray more too!
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by RaptorX: 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
A German virologist said the fight against ebola is already lost in Liberia and Sierra Leone and that up to five million people could die from this outbreak. So it is in Nigeria national security interest to help stem the tide, before this guy prediction comes to past.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by jpingu: 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2014
SporaD8: Thanks for the adjustment.
...but for the sake of everything that is good, why is this dude fashola not yet operating at federal level?
A big fish is swimming in shallow waters here!
. Na lie who talk say he is good
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Missy89(f): 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
FrankC3: No country approaches a State within another sovereign country for any kind of help. Besides, the EVD control center in Lagos is not run by the LASG, it is being managed by the Ministry of Health. Liberian Government cannot approach Lagos State government for any kind of help, same way Nigeria cannot approach the California State for any kind of help.

The best that happened in this case is that the LASG collaborated with the efforts of the Federal Ministry of Health. The Director should not pretend that LASG was responsible for the EVD control efforts, no. FMH was. State Ministries of Health supported mainly from enlightenment drive, the very type that the director was doing when he/she made that statement.

Not True. States can make deals with sovereign nations on their own as long as it is not defense or foreign policy. If what you are saying is true, how come states borrow money on their own and do joint projects with other countries without federal oversight?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Missy89(f): 7:31pm On Sep 12, 2014
FrankC3:

So in your excellent and unparalleled wisdom, diplomatic protocol permits Nigeria to approach California or State of Utah for 'help' in tackling unemployment?

Yes . States can collaborate with foreign countries. many states in Nigeria collaborate with governments abroad for local projects without the federal govt

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by emmasege: 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
On point!. Was hoping someone would correct this aberration. The Glory goes to God while the credit goes to the FG under the able leadership of the Hon. Min of Health who coordinated all the various state ministries of health.
FrankC3: No country approaches a State within another sovereign country for any kind of help. Besides, the EVD control center in Lagos is not run by the LASG, it is being managed by the Ministry of Health. Liberian Government cannot approach Lagos State government for any kind of help, same way Nigeria cannot approach the California State for any kind of help.

The best that happened in this case is that the LASG collaborated with the efforts of the Federal Ministry of Health. The Director should not pretend that LASG was responsible for the EVD control efforts, no. FMH was. State Ministries of Health supported mainly from enlightenment drive, the very type that the director was doing when he/she made that statement.
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by 100Cents: 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
whatlyf: If LASG or FG wants to "aSsist", they should travel to the countries and not import the ebola victims to Nigeria.

Exactly, I think the health commissioner has done justice to the issue by telling the callers how Lagos controlled the early detection and isolation of the victims.

Will U.S. like this news ? Wondering !
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
100Cents:

Exactly, I think the health commissioner has done justice to the issue by telling the callers how Lagos controlled the early detection and isolation of the victims.

Will U.S. like this news ? Wondering !

Why do you care if we like it or not?

You should savor this opportunity to demonstrate that Nigeria can still lead when we want to.

Again Guys, we're not your colonial masters, it's the Brits is whose legs yah all should be humping grin
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by zurine(f): 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
oh.
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by 100Cents: 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
CityNG:

Why do you care if we like it or not?

You should savor this opportunity to demonstrate that Nigeria can still lead when we want to.

Again Guys, we're not your colonial masters, it's the Brits is whose legs yah all should be humping grin

Are you a US citizen ?

Make sure you do good things to remain US citizen.

Any bad news, you will labelled, "Nigerian man resident in U.S. " .

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by echobee(f): 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
amakufrancis: Lagos help them naw...
Nooooooooooooooo. angry
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by omoadeleye(m): 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
MadCow1: To all those talking about Ebola Patients coming into Nigeria and Lagos becoming a dumping ground for Ebola patients, I want to ask you just one question;

HOW DID THAT THOUGHT EVEN ENTER YOUR HEAD? undecided

because they think tru their anus!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by shilexholly(m): 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2014
Dis pple wicked o...we neva help oursef finish.....make fashola giv dem d̶̲̥̅̊α† agbo wey him go collect 4 Ijebu now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Round Grey Painless Spots On My Joystick, Please Help! / 490 New COVID-19 Cases, 382 Discharged And 7 Deaths On June 28 / My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.