Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,749 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

YESHUA Is Christ's Name While Jesus Is A Pagan Name - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / YESHUA Is Christ's Name While Jesus Is A Pagan Name (1754 Views)

Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? / Today Is Christ The King Sunday / Seun We Want A Pagan Traditionalist Mod On The Religious Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YESHUA Is Christ's Name While Jesus Is A Pagan Name by Nobody: 2:59am On Sep 14, 2014
hisblud:

Wow! OK so the Greek pronouncement was with power, I.e eeaysoos... So should we also call as Greeks did and we will see same power as when we call him Yeshua in Hebrew?

Dear op, if I could remember, in Isaiah, it was stated, His name is Emmanuel but the angel to his parent is that His name shall be called Yeshua. Can I call Him Emmanuel and will see the same power? Why did the apostle not call Him Emmanuel?
Re: YESHUA Is Christ's Name While Jesus Is A Pagan Name by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 14, 2014
hisblud:

Dear op, if I could remember, in Isaiah, it was stated, His name is Emmanuel but the angel to his parent is that His name shall be called Yeshua. Can I call Him Emmanuel and will see the same power? Why did the apostle not call Him Emmanuel?
the name that he useed to rescue paul on his way to damascus is d name, his name in hebrew ,read ur bible ohhh
Re: YESHUA Is Christ's Name While Jesus Is A Pagan Name by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
Unibenstudent: the name that he useed to rescue paul on his way to damascus is d name, his name in hebrew ,read ur bible ohhh

OK reading my bible, hear what it says

21  And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. note

22  Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Mat 1:21-23

So if I call Emmanuel which is the name of the Son of the virgin is different from the name that rescued Paul? And by the way, is Emmanuel Hebrew or English? Op I asked for how calling Yashua brought knees under that name in your life and you did not answer... You further brought up its pronouncement not wordings that saves, I asked, again, does calling "eeaysoos" bring power to bear on a situation...silent... Paul emphasize 'prove all things' yet you have refused to share how you proved the Name in you life...
Re: YESHUA Is Christ's Name While Jesus Is A Pagan Name by mcfynest(m): 7:39am On Sep 17, 2014
Unibenstudent: So the wisdom u seemed says that the name Jesus is Christ name, woe unto you

IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND A THING, WHY DONT YOU ASK? AND PLEASE IF YOU ARE READY TO LEARN AND NOT ARGUE OR CURSE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, LETS SHARE INFORMATION TOGETEHR.

BUT PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND JOHN 1VS1 AND ALSO PHILLIPIANS 2V 9.

SHALOM
Re: YESHUA Is Christ's Name While Jesus Is A Pagan Name by mcfynest(m): 7:42am On Sep 17, 2014
thorpido: ^^^FIXED
Op in ignorance just jumps online to further perpetuate the ignorance.
YEA....I GO WITH YOU ON THIS

(1) (2) (Reply)

Invitation: One Night With The King (Final Count Down) / 34th National Conference Of The Nigeria Christian Corpers’ Fellowship / "Thou Shalt Not Judge: "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.