Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Is It A Sin For A Christian To Do Cosmetic Surgery - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Do Cosmetic Surgery (1342 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin For A Christian To Do Cosmetic Surgery by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 12, 2014
Not quite long I opened a thread about the same topic but base on human judgment, many people are against the act , if man who was created by God is against Bo0bs,hips,butt augmentation and other surgery carried out to enhance beauty how much more God ? , I've not head it being preached before that's why I'm here , I know there are bible scholars on nairaland , let's hear ur take .
there are many people who may also need an answer to this question.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Do Cosmetic Surgery by emmyskies(m): 11:49am On Sep 12, 2014
Based on the word of GOD:

¤"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." (Psalm 139:14)

¤"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:" (Romans 1:26)

¤"After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances." (Leviticus 18:3)

¤"And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people." (2 Corinthians 6:16)

¤"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Galatians 6:7)

¤"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s." (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)

Only those that have ear, let them hear
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Do Cosmetic Surgery by BodyKiss(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
This is one of my issues with religion, it makes common sense so uncommon. Think for yourself.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Do Cosmetic Surgery by Gombs(m): 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
Lacomus: Not quite long I opened a thread about the same topic but base on human judgment, many people are against the act , if man who was created by God is against Bo0bs,hips,butt augmentation and other surgery carried out to enhance beauty how much more God ? , I've not head it being preached before that's why I'm here , I know there are bible scholars on nairaland , let's hear ur take .
there are many people who may also need an answer to this question.

But your motive counts... if you do it for seduction or such, then your are culpable, when you die, , your body remains here, your spirit Goes to the father, and he's not gonna ask you "what did you do to your body or skin?" He's gonna be interested in "what did you do with the Gospel of Jesus?"
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Do Cosmetic Surgery by oghalesluv(m): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
Looking @ Gods' word in Genesis 1:1-30 shows us Gods' hand work of creation. From Genesis 1:1 down we see that @ the end of each creation on a particular day, the bible tells us that " And Ogd saw the light was good.."(verse 4). But when He has rounded up His creation He said " And God saw everything that He has made and behold it was very good...(verse 31). That is to say that he has created you well and there is no need to do such. Also consider David what he said in Psalm "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and
wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalm 139:14.
So by the time you are going to do that you are indirectly God did not create you well and you are trying to assist Him which He hates. Thanks and God bless you.
Also remember Jesus loves you dearly.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Do Cosmetic Surgery by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
In itself, plastic surgery is not sinful. Like so many other activities in life, plastic surgery only becomes sinful when it is used excessively and in ways that are unbecoming.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Do Cosmetic Surgery by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 13, 2014
striktlymi: In itself, plastic surgery is not sinful. Like so many other activities in life, plastic surgery only becomes sinful when it is used excessively and in ways that are unbecoming.

when it's not for a medical purpose I think it's still send the same message
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Do Cosmetic Surgery by Elinob(m): 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
yes it is.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Do Cosmetic Surgery by Jayses(m): 6:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
Elinob:
yes it is.
make up nkor ?

(1) (Reply)

Favourite Native Gospel Songs/artistes / The Amazing Miracles Of Zam Zam / Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.