Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:40 AM

Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland (45816 Views)

UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] / How To Get A 100% Free USA Shipping Virtual Address Via Shippyme / Review On Www.shippyme.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by twinskenny(m): 8:04am On Oct 18, 2014
stagger:
Imagine. So this useless company as breeding thieves in their warehousing department. Please pay the aggrieved person back his 300k. What nonsense!

He is schooling us on insurance on no insurance thing... lets see how this will work out.. they are the best in stealing customers property now is telling us about insurance.

he is not concern much because only a few has a access to this... with the the insurance policy he is crying about, i will see how this work out out soon.. either the company or the thief will source for my items or my money either we shall see,

Mr Iroadis is proving that its the right of his staff to steal ppls property!!! thats why is justifying insurance jagons...

and he is also using every means to justify the act of stealing too....

we shall see
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by shrekandfiona: 8:50am On Oct 18, 2014
irohadis:

The insured and the un-insured can never be treated the same way anywhere in the world. That "useless company" is still the best local freight forwarding company in Nigeria by every measure. Rules are rules and if you have no respect for rules, it shows just how you will function when given responsibility. Insurance provides cover for risk. Do some research to understand what it means. If you have a valuable and decline to insure it against potential harm, you have effectively resigned to carrying that risk yourself. What is the point paying for insurance if you will get covered without buying it? Can you without bias say Nigeria is a place you can function without risk? The wharf rats steal all the time. The baggage handlers steal all the time ( I lost a $2000 camera lens on a Delta flight). The Customs officials are known for their corruption. Many individual citizens working in various fields of endeavour, are all looking for ways to cheat the system. Your politicians hold the tiltle. So don't get me started. The company creates jobs and the people who turn to stealing from it betray public trust. Thinking that you can bend the rules to serve your interest is a form of corruption. There is no point coming here to troll. The blackmail will get you nowhere. The company is sticking by its rules and has gone as far as is possible to address the issue. The insured and the un-insured can never be treated the same way anywhere in the world.
@ irohadis, all these talk on insurance or not does not hold water. My question is whose responsibility to insure goods being sent on a flight? Isn't it the responsibility of the sender? In this case the sender is your organization shippyme.

In the US, nigeria and world over, no one boards a flight without paying for insurance. Any one or goods on an airborne flight is adequately insured because insurance cost has already been engraved in the flight fee. You can quote me anywhere

so please stop making excuses and refund the affected parties their full cash already. I will try not to engage you further on this but if my goods were part of the stolen/missing items, your company will be the one chasing me to collect my refund. Thank you
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 18, 2014
I have always have this sentiment in healing with nigerian courier services because they are all desame. A business owner invested his hard earned money to buy goods andd impport it to nigeria thorough your courier. He has put a level of trust in you and you turn around and betray that trust he put in you by makking you handle his business. What happens to the money oof customers or clients? what happens to his own business that he has set up? You guys are only interested in protecting your own business and damn the consequences. Not even willing to pay himm some cash at least 50 percent or 75 percent of the cash he has lost. I am a client of yours but you have unfortunately lost my customership and that of those i have introduced to you.

I sympathise with those guys who have had their goods missing in action, courtesy of SHYPIMEE SCAM called insurance. WHy would i pay insurance for any products when i intend to do business with the product and maximmize my profit? SHYPIMEE should take the responsibility foor employing untrusted staff to monitor their warehouse. They should do all they can to pay up the money oof all those who have had their goods missing from their warehouse. And if thnney do not, the concerned people should come together and sue them to court. NIgerias should start making these bad eggs coompany who are not willing to take responsibility for thiings put in their care

Mr irondis or whatever name you call yourself. KIndly look at this from a holistic point of view. Assuming as a business man, clients entrust 300k in your hands to help them purchase some items. You then employ a courier service too ship those items from united states to NIgeria for sell. All of a sudden, those items get lost in the hands of the courier service and all they coourier service tells you is that since you do not pay for insurance, you would have CREDITS transfered in your shipping account. How do you explain that to those who had entrusted their money in your hands? Hoow? BY telling them that thney should pay anoother mooney too ship items from U.S and have their free credits. That is simply disgusting as you would either have yourself loocked up foor years before you say dah by your clients.

I am using this medium to tell other unsuspecting clients and NIGERIANS to help make this SHYPIMEE of a company presurred to refund all lost money back to affected clients.

3 Likes

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 18, 2014
I am calling all NIGERIANS to write to popular blogs LINDAIKEJI, LAILAIKEJi, PUNCH, VANGUARD, SAHARAREPORTERS, FACEBOOOK, and others to come to the aid of these NIGERIANS.

What is their offense? Despite the challenging economic condition of this country, the rate of joblessness and unempoyment, these yooung NIGERIANS have decided to go into business in order to make profits. They are most likkely just starting up their business and all for them to loose a whooping hundreds of thousand of naira in the hands of SHYPIMEE COURIER SERVICE. Which small business can survive this loss?

I APPEAL TOO SEUN, THE OWNER OF THIS FORUM TO DO THE NEEDFUL AND ENSURE THESE YOUNG ENTERPRENEURS get something better than just a useless CREDITS offered by SHIPPYME

I APPEAL TO SHYPIMEE TO ENSURE ALL CLIENTS PAY UP THEIR INSURANCE BEFORE ANY SHIPPING IS DONE. THAT WAY, THEY CAN COMFORTABLY SAY THEY WONT SHIP UNLESS INSURANCE IS PAID FOR ANY GOODS THEY SHIP

ALL SUSPECTING CLIENTS SHOULLD DOO BACKGROUND CHECKS AND TAKE WISE DECISIONS

1 Like

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 18, 2014
irohadis:
Dear valued Shippyme customers,

Some of you may be aware of the recent developments that have done much to damage our company and the image and service we worked so hard to build. Doing business in Nigeria is hard I must admit, but to say I am resolute, together with the best people on my team is a matter of fact. I want to convey my thoughts to you as the pillars of the growth of our organisation.

Over the past few months, some of you have fallen victim to the theft and loss of your items. I have been much troubled by the events as much as you are. It perplexed all of us. Unfortunately, the suspected cause is the most unlikely individual in our warehousing department in Lagos. This person has been removed from our employment and currently facing trial for the pains he has caused all of us. We have also significantly improved mechanisms for oversight in our logistics department to make sure nothing like this happens again.

You have complained about the inability to reach our customer service unit in Lagos, I agree with you that the development is unreasonable and apologise for the inconvenience. In addressing this issue we have completely replaced our customer service staff and added more phone lines to accommodate our growth. Be rest assured that none of your emails would go unanswered again.

In addition, we have reduced the price of our service to the lowest in the industry and we would match a valid lower price from any competition. The purpose of technology is to create efficiency. We have invested a lot in this area and it is time that we share the benefits with you. Our service charge can now be as low as 5% and shipping cost as low as $3.80. Going forward you can enjoy a much improved service delivery, the best web enabled service in the industry and the lowest costs. This is a promise.

Yours sincerely,

WHAT REASON DO YOU WANA GIVE TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU WHEN YOU WONT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITEMS PUT IN YOUR CARE. YOU CANT EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT AT DESAME TIME. WHY WILL I USE A COURIER THAT WILL NOT REFUND MY MONEY IF MY GOODS GETS STOLEN BY YOUR STAFF?
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by makeupgal: 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2014
guys they ve gone on lindaikeji blog to advertise their useless services. I feel so sorry for unsuspecting people who will use their service.
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by Fashola4thSon: 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
Any news on the items with "custom clearning"
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by twinskenny(m): 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
shrekandfiona:

@ irohadis, all these talk on insurance or not does not hold water. My question is whose responsibility to insure goods being sent on a flight? Isn't it the responsibility of the sender? In this case the sender is your organization shippyme.

In the US, nigeria and world over, no one boards a flight without paying for insurance. Any one or goods on an airborne flight is adequately insured because insurance cost has already been engraved in the flight fee. You can quote me anywhere

so please stop making excuses and refund the affected parties their full cash already. I will try not to engage you further on this but if my goods were part of the stolen/missing items, your company will be the one chasing me to collect my refund. Thank you

@shrekandfiona
Thank you brother... i wont let it die down just like that.. from monday am beginning my proceeding against them
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by twinskenny(m): 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
maryjames9:
I am calling all NIGERIANS to write to popular blogs LINDAIKEJI, LAILAIKEJi, PUNCH, VANGUARD, SAHARAREPORTERS, FACEBOOOK, and others to come to the aid of these NIGERIANS.

What is their offense? Despite the challenging economic condition of this country, the rate of joblessness and unempoyment, these yooung NIGERIANS have decided to go into business in order to make profits. They are most likkely just starting up their business and all for them to loose a whooping hundreds of thousand of naira in the hands of SHYPIMEE COURIER SERVICE. Which small business can survive this loss?

I APPEAL TOO SEUN, THE OWNER OF THIS FORUM TO DO THE NEEDFUL AND ENSURE THESE YOUNG ENTERPRENEURS get something better than just a useless CREDITS offered by SHIPPYME

I APPEAL TO SHYPIMEE TO ENSURE ALL CLIENTS PAY UP THEIR INSURANCE BEFORE ANY SHIPPING IS DONE. THAT WAY, THEY CAN COMFORTABLY SAY THEY WONT SHIP UNLESS INSURANCE IS PAID FOR ANY GOODS THEY SHIP

Thank you my sister, i dont want to go to any news agency yet base of the advice from my lawyer,..

i have people in media houses who can publish this without a blink.. but let me take the advice and let see how the proceeding will go this coming week
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by irohadis: 12:11am On Oct 19, 2014
Fashola4thSon:
Any news on the items with "custom clearning"

The batch should be delivered Monday or Tuesday for dispatch. Clearing is on time.
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by irohadis: 12:34am On Oct 19, 2014
maryjames9:

Thanks for your comments. When users make a booking on our site, the insurance is selected by default. It would take a deliberate effort to decline it. We can't make it mandatory because some people would rather save the money and take the risk. Prior to this episode, we had close to zero claims for theft. The small number of claims were for items damaged in transit. The specific complainant here has 20 (twenty) transactions with Shippyme with one requiring a claim. That is a 5% accident rate for him. Our insurance charge mirrors that at 6% and we have now reduced it to 4% because Shippyme has a lower accident rate in general. We can't force people to buy insurance. When I go to the post office in the US, they always ask, not only if I need insurance, but what extent of coverage. The more expensive ones offer more cover. If I decline it, I am on my own. Each time I make the decision based on the value of what I am sending. If it is just some paper, I decline. But for a couple of hundred dollars worth of things? It is a must. Shippyme exists because US vendors are reluctant to ship directly to Nigeria and those who do use DHL, Fedex and UPS which are very expensive. The reason they are reluctant to ship here is because of a fear of security and costly claims. Shippyme steps in and makes it very easy and affordable. The rules we have set are contingent on the nature of the operating environment. It is the most viable way we can offer this kind of service and value. Thousands of Nigerians have used Shippyme - dozens of people everyday. If Shippyme does not deliver, it would not remain in business and support all its infrastructure.

Below is the list of transactions for twinskenny. If shippyme is as bad as he claims, there is no way he would use it as often. The text "INS" in blue denotes insurance. You will see he has selected it before on two occasions. In the rest, insurance was not selected. I have attached another page demonstrating how users select insurance. It is selected by default. A user must un-check it to DE-SELECT insurance.

2 Likes

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by euwajeh(m): 8:25am On Oct 19, 2014
Good to hear that Oct 10th shipment will soon be ready for collection tomorrow or next.
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:14am On Oct 19, 2014
please update us, mine is on "custom clearing" too
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by irohadis: 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
This is how Shippyme works when you want to book a shipment

1. If you are registered, you can log into your account and view your personal user account.

2 Likes

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by irohadis: 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
2. You can click on "book a shipment" tab to tell Shippyme what you want to ship, what the value is and and how you want Shippyme to handle it.

2 Likes

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by irohadis: 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
3. Shippyme website gives you ideas of the weight of what you want to ship. However, if you have the exact dimensions and weight, you can specify it precisely. Nonetheless, such information is subject to review and confirmation when Shippyme receives the actual packages. You can also specify how you want the package delivered.

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by irohadis: 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
4. You get a chance to review or edit the information you have supplied.

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by irohadis: 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
5. On the payment page, all the options are selected by default. You have to DE-SELECT the options you don't want. NOTE: INSURANCE is selected by default and the user agrees to the terms.

2 Likes

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by irohadis: 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
6. Finally you get a confirmation of your booking. The invoice is dynamic and the values change based on the package sizes and weights Shippyme receives for the specific booking, as well as any changes to the handling options after the booking has been made.

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by irohadis: 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
7. That is not all. You can follow the progress of that booking from the "Track shipment" page in your user account. You can see in realtime any updates made to your booking and the estimated time of arrival. You can also change your handling and delivery options from here before your package ships. Thus, if you forgot something like INSURANCE, you can come back and add it. Users have full control.

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by irohadis: 3:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
8. If you need to pay, the payment options are just a click away. Basically, you can handle all your shipping from your desk or phone.

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by irohadis: 3:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
The competition

If you think Shippyme is not the best, please I implore you to use this forum to do as I have done to demonstrate to the public the user experience of the competition. Let users make up their minds based on facts and not blackmail and angry agitations of those who want to bend the rules to their favour.

3 Likes

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by shrekandfiona: 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
irohadis:

Thanks for your comments. When users make a booking on our site, the insurance is selected by default. It would take a deliberate effort to decline it. We can't make it mandatory because some people would rather save the money and take the risk. Prior to this episode, we had close to zero claims for theft. The small number of claims were for items damaged in transit. The specific complainant here has 20 (twenty) transactions with Shippyme with one requiring a claim. That is a 5% accident rate for him. Our insurance charge mirrors that at 6% and we have now reduced it to 4% because Shippyme has a lower accident rate in general. We can't force people to buy insurance. When I go to the post office in the US, they always ask, not only if I need insurance, but what extent of coverage. The more expensive ones offer more cover. If I decline it, I am on my own. Each time I make the decision based on the value of what I am sending. If it is just some paper, I decline. But for a couple of hundred dollars worth of things? It is a must. Shippyme exists because US vendors are reluctant to ship directly to Nigeria and those who do use DHL, Fedex and UPS which are very expensive. The reason they are reluctant to ship here is because of a fear of security and costly claims. Shippyme steps in and makes it very easy and affordable. The rules we have set are contingent on the nature of the operating environment. It is the most viable way we can offer this kind of service and value. Thousands of Nigerians have used Shippyme - dozens of people everyday. If Shippyme does not deliver, it would not remain in business and support all its infrastructure.
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
irohadis:

Ok then,thanks for the clarification. I have used Shypimee before and i got my package, though a week late. I do biz that involve frequent shipping and most times i get cash from clients before shippping. I just cant imagine the embarassment,loss of trust,credibility,harassment that you risk to face when clent's goods gets stolen or not delivered in time. I'l give you a "B" based on my past biz with you but please my advise is either try to enforce insurance on all shipments or ensure security of customer's goods insurance or no insurance. However, as regards the affected clients, please fortify your warehouse with enough security and give them better than just CREDITS. This is 300k we are talking about! Thank you
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by irohadis: 5:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
maryjames9:
Ok then,thanks for the clarification. I have used Shypimee before and i got my package, though a week late. I do biz that involve frequent shipping and most times i get cash from clients before shippping. I just cant imagine the embarassment,loss of trust,credibility,harassment that you risk to face when clent's goods gets stolen or not delivered in time. I'l give you a "B" based on my past biz with you but please my advise is either try to enforce insurance on all shipments or ensure security of customer's goods insurance or no insurance. However, as regards the affected clients, please fortify your warehouse with enough security and give them better than just CREDITS. This is 300k we are talking about! Thank you

Thanks @maryjames9. We did better for this customer. We offered him 60% refund in cash and 40% in shipping credit because of his loyalty. He rejected it.
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by euwajeh(m): 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
@maryjames9 No shipping company can false any customer to add insurance, It is left for the customer to add it if he or she wants. It is always advisable when sending a high valued item always add insurance. You can Google DHL,UPS and FEDEX terms and conditions about their insurance policy. When you are sending high value items always add insurance. I was once a victim but I have learn my lesson. To me I prefer shippyme than proud guy. Please let's stop these blackmail about the company. For the guy of 300k I hope all parties we settle this week.
maryjames9:
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by twinskenny(m): 6:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
euwajeh:
@maryjames9 No shipping company can false any customer to add insurance, It is left for the customer to add it if he or she wants. It is always advisable when sending a high valued item always add insurance. You can Google DHL,UPS and FEDEX terms and conditions about their insurance policy. When you are sending high value items always add insurance. I was once a victim but I have learn my lesson. To me I prefer shippyme than proud guy. Please let's stop these blackmail about the company. For the guy of 300k I hope all parties we settle this week.

@shippyme/Irohadis, even 80% wont cut any more.. that offer has expired since i find out that your staff stole my items. either you or your staff will pay one way or the other.. be prepared it all begin tommorow..

Thank you
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by twinskenny(m): 6:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
maryjames9:

Thank you , look is not as one dont want to pay for insurance, but there insurance is such a scam! imagine paying over 50k for a good thats less than 25k> unless ther system has changed. i shipped with shoptomydoor, items worth over 200k yet there insurance was less than 15k...

now the truth is that, his staff knowingly stole the items of customers without insurance knowing too well that nothing will happen to the company one way or the other, apparently believe that the owner of the goods cannot make any trouble since its not insured!!!

rubbish all through... am creating a new thread for them by tomorrow.. my entire savings went into this things.. since July this year, imagine if i have recieved the goods before now, i know how much profit i would have make..

not withstanding maybe this will be a lesson to them on how to treat a loyal customer much more better
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by irohadis: 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
Insurance is a % of declared value and the shippyme system does the maths for you. Insurance for goods of 25K will only be 6% before and 4% now of 25K. You can never get anything different. Try it on shippyme.com live. It is automated. 15K insurance for goods of 200K is 7.5% and more that Shippyme ever charged. Shippyme is cheaper if you know maths.

2 Likes

Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by twinskenny(m): 7:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
irohadis:
Insurance is a % of declared value and the shippyme system does the maths for you. Insurance for goods of 25K will only be 6% before and 4% now of 25K. You can never get anything different. Try it on shippyme.com live. It is automated. 15K insurance for goods of 200K is 7.5% and more that Shippyme ever charged. Shippyme is cheaper is you know maths.

Thank you sir, no more word from here.

Appreciate it
Re: Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland by ajirapsy(m): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
maryjames9:
I have always have this sentiment in healing with nigerian courier services because they are all desame. A business owner invested his hard earned money to buy goods andd impport it to nigeria thorough your courier. He has put a level of trust in you and you turn around and betray that trust he put in you by makking you handle his business. What happens to the money oof customers or clients? what happens to his own business that he has set up? You guys are only interested in protecting your own business and damn the consequences. Not even willing to pay himm some cash at least 50 percent or 75 percent of the cash he has lost. I am a client of yours but you have unfortunately lost my customership and that of those i have introduced to you.

I sympathise with those guys who have had their goods missing in action, courtesy of SHYPIMEE SCAM called insurance. WHy would i pay insurance for any products when i intend to do business with the product and maximmize my profit? SHYPIMEE should take the responsibility foor employing untrusted staff to monitor their warehouse. They should do all they can to pay up the money oof all those who have had their goods missing from their warehouse. And if thnney do not, the concerned people should come together and sue them to court. NIgerias should start making these bad eggs coompany who are not willing to take responsibility for thiings put in their care

Mr irondis or whatever name you call yourself. KIndly look at this from a holistic point of view. Assuming as a business man, clients entrust 300k in your hands to help them purchase some items. You then employ a courier service too ship those items from united states to NIgeria for sell. All of a sudden, those items get lost in the hands of the courier service and all they coourier service tells you is that since you do not pay for insurance, you would have CREDITS transfered in your shipping account. How do you explain that to those who had entrusted their money in your hands? Hoow? BY telling them that thney should pay anoother mooney too ship items from U.S and have their free credits. That is simply disgusting as you would either have yourself loocked up foor years before you say dah by your clients.

I am using this medium to tell other unsuspecting clients and NIGERIANS to help make this SHYPIMEE of a company presurred to refund all lost money back to affected clients.

Are you kidding me? You would gladly put your goods on the line for the sake of profit?

If you insure your goods, you get 100% refund. I have once been refunded when i bought 4 different items for my wife, all insured, through their parent company - www.circuitatlantic.com - in July,2014 and a watch got missing.

I think the problem here is that many people prefer to save a few bucks, as opposed to paying for insurance!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business / Innoson Vs Gtbank: 30 Key Points To Know About Their Dispute / Forbes 2015 Billionaires List Released. 5 Nigerians Made The List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.