Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,888 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Covering Hair Palava!!! - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Covering Hair Palava!!! (3396 Views)

Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use / Covering Of The Hair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 9:13am On Sep 27, 2014
Abu Hurayrah said: I heard Allah’s Messenger saying. "All the sins of my followers will be forgiven except those of the Mujahirin (those who commit a sin openly or disclose their sins to the people).

maclatunji:
In all honesty bro. Her admitting to not using hijab publicly is less offensive because that duty is to Allah not to any of us than what you are doing, which is addressing her in an inconsiderate manner.

You guys can go ahead and pet her, give her a lollipop or even a pacifier. I for one will not be part of that charade.
Covering of a muslimah is one of the basics of basic, it's not to be done halfway or in a way except for the right way, just like every other thing in islam. A muslimah prayers are not accepted if she doesn't cover well, that's how important it is.
Yes, there are ways to correct people. You either preach to the ignorant or remind the already knowledge that might have forgotten.
Since she already covers but "not fully" I am assuming she knows how important it is, so I am reminding her! She's not doing it for me but herself.

2 Likes

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by Abdulkb: 12:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
Hallo Leute
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by maclatunji: 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
XketchDesigns:

She's not doing it for me but herself.

You see how well you take correction.

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by aishaquest(f): 3:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
It seems in the haste of some who came to criticize rahma2husna and her choice of words, the purpose of her post has been swept away.

Interestingly it is the men who have done this. Even maclatunji, whom I would have expected to get the op back on track, simply went along with the defensive nature of the commenter by continuing to allow the derailment. Though he did defend her.

ayinba1: I posted a thread a few years ago asking our members here that how many of them would support their undergraduate /graduate daughter if she decides to start covering her hair/wearing hijab? I can tell you the responses were not encouraging.

I salute your courage and I also understand why some muslims may be wary of the head covering/hijab. When we fear the creature more than the Creator, we begin to compromise. Our men are not as supportive as they should be for multiple reasons. The only and best reason for a muslimah to cover her hair/modesty is because Allah commands it. That is the most rewarded one.

May Allah ease our paths

I'm interested in hearing, if Muslim men choosing non-Muslim women is becoming a trend, and what the Muslimah can do about such a trend. If Muslim men choose not to take a Muslim wife(s), where does this leave the Muslim ladies who choose to live according to Allah's requirements?
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by maclatunji: 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
aishaquest: It seems in the hast of some who came to criticize rahma2husna and her choice of words, the purpose of her post has been swept away.

Interestingly it is the men who have done this. Even maclatunji, whom I would have expected to get the op back on track, simply went along with the defensive nature of the commenter by continuing to allow the derailment. Though he did defend her.

[b]I'm interested in hearing, if Muslim men choosing non-Muslim women is becoming a trend, and what the Muslimah can do about such a trend. If Muslim men choose not to take a Muslim wife(s), where does this leave the Muslim ladies who choose to live according to Allah's requirements?]/b]

@Aishaquest, I was only interested in commenting on the mode of address of the poster I engaged. Sometimes, you want others to have their say and just observe.
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by texanomaly(f): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
maclatunji:

@Aishaquest, I was only interested in commenting on the mode of address of the poster I engaged. Sometimes, you want others to have their say and just observe.

Hmmm. I wonder how you choose where to comment on the op and where to "let others have their say".
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by texanomaly(f): 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
aishaquest: It seems in the hast of some who came to criticize rahma2husna and her choice of words, the purpose of her post has been swept away.

I'm interested in hearing, if Muslim men choosing non-Muslim women is becoming a trend, and what the Muslimah can do about such a trend. If Muslim men choose not to take a Muslim wife(s), where does this leave the Muslim ladies who choose to live according to Allah's requirements?
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
XketchDesigns:

You guys can go ahead and pet her, give her a lollipop or even a pacifier. I for one will not be part of that charade.
Covering of a muslimah is one of the basics of basic, it's not to be done halfway or in a way except for the right way, just like every other thing in islam. A muslimah prayers are not accepted if she doesn't cover well, that's how important it is.
Yes, there are ways to correct people. You either preach to the ignorant or remind the already knowledge that might have forgotten.
Since she already covers but "not fully" I am assuming she knows how important it is, so I am reminding her! She's not doing it for me but herself.

I agree with u.

But just for the sake of peace, please next time we should correct each other calmly and politely.

Allahu A'llam

4 Likes

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by Sissie(f): 11:48am On Sep 28, 2014

[b]I'm interested in hearing, if Muslim men choosing non-Muslim women is becoming a trend, and what the Muslimah can do about such a trend. If Muslim men choose not to take a Muslim wife(s), where does this leave the Muslim ladies who choose to live according to Allah's requirements?]/b]

No it's not becoming a trend, just as we have Muslim men marrying non Muslims, we also have Muslim women marrying non Muslim all though it's haram.

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by rahma2husna: 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
If you gather 100 practising muslim ladies and tell them you can provide a place of work,where they can wear hijab and jalbab to work,I'm sure we'd get 98% who would agree.
We now live in a society,where even the self acclaimed ulamahs,don't stand up for rights of muslim women.
And to those critiques,I guess you've got everything going perfectly in life for you,so can judge all you want,its people like you who wouldn't return salams to a muslim sister becos she isn't wearing full hijab,just to make them feel low or less religious.
I've met with a lot of muslim ladies who would gladly,wear full hijab to work if they had the opportunity.
Every body has their own struggle in life,so I'd stick to my cape hijab for now. Its nothing to be ashamed of,so far I don't abuse it.
So till,those critiques stands up and create places of work where I can wear full hijab to, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE!!!!
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by rahma2husna: 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
I remember when,I went for an aptitude test in one of the banks early this year,wearing my cape hijab,fortunately,I wasn't the only muslimah there,it was until we proceeded to the next round,that other lady wore her own hijab confidently,the next time she was coming for the interview,even though I didn't start work with them,I knew,I'd made my statement as a Muslimah and a fellow muslimah found the confidence to do the same,all through the days,we kept going back for other documentation.

When I asked her,why she didn't wear Hijab from day one,she told me,she had to remove it in other to get the job.
So like I said earlier,our struggles are different.

Our society makes Muslimahs who wear full hijab and have gone through school,passing out with distinctions look like they never went to school.

And my fellow muslim brothers and sisters who wear full hijab or keep beards,won't return salams even when you meet in the MOSQUES,just because people like me wear cape HIJAB.

I was at a lecture during ramadan,when the lecture publicly said it better to be called ABORI MA BO IWA(I felt,he was kind of encouraging the discrimination among non-hijabi sisters)doesn't islam encourages us to be ONE?

And to that person,who keeps quoting different hadiths and quran verses,I guess you've always lived a perfect ISLAMIC life and you've never erred!

I only pray,my friend finds that peace he has only wanted and retrace his path in ISLAM.
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by ayinba1(f): 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
Sister
I pray Allah eases your path. Remember this is between you and Allah. It is your journey or rather your struggle/jihad.
Don't get frustrated. Stay firm and you will look back and see others going through similar where you will be a source of strength.
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 1:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
rahma2husna: We now live in a society,where even the self acclaimed ulamahs,don't stand up for rights of muslim women.
Is this the excuse you are banking on to use? Have you imagined yourself in font of Allah swt, and the best you can come up is work did not allow me?
Is it by force to work at that organisation? Aren't there work in other places where you can dress modest?
Quit making silly excuses and do the right thing!
And to those critiques,I guess you've got everything going perfectly in life for you,so can judge all you want,its people like you who wouldn't return salams to a muslim sister becos she isn't wearing full hijab,just to make them feel low or less religious.
Returning/honoring salam is mandatory on a muslim, there is no excuse not to do that, if you do you ate OYO has nothing to do with islam.
Nobody is making anybody feel less religious here, we are only telling the truth. Like I stated earlier, nobody is doing anything for anybody but themselves.
Every body has their own struggle in life,so I'd stick to my cape hijab for now. Its nothing to be ashamed of,so far I don't abuse it.
Bragging about disobedience, especially to Allah is something to be very much ashamed of. Besides do you work 24 hours a day? Hypothetical, you are not able to wear it for the 10hrs you work in a day, what stops you from wearing it in the remaining time of the day you can or on work free days?
So till,those critiques stands up and create places of work where I can wear full hijab to, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE!!!!
Why wait for some critic? Are they something other than human? Do they have 2 heads? Why wait for someone to do that for you? Why don't you do it Yourself?
Stop playing the victim card NOBODY is judging you, only telling you the TRUTH!

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
rahma2husna:
Our society makes Muslimahs who wear full hijab and have gone through school,passing out with distinctions look like they never went to school.
Haven't you heard of migration for the sake of Allah? There's a Hadith that says if you find yourself in an environment that compromise your deen, then you should migrate for the sake of Allah.
If port Harcourt, lagos, delta is not good and causing haram to your deen, I am sure kano, kaduna or sokoto will not be like that.

And my fellow muslim brothers and sisters who wear full hijab or keep beards,won't return salams even when you meet in the MOSQUES,just because people like me wear cape HIJAB.
I have answered this already.

And to that person,who keeps quoting different hadiths and quran verses,I guess you've always lived a perfect ISLAMIC life and you've never erred!
What do you want me to quote? James Brown?
There's no living human in our world today that does not make mistakes, we are supposed to work on correcting this mistakes and being better, not coming to announce our lapses and not being remorseful. That's very wrong.

I only pray,my friend finds that peace he has only wanted and retrace his path in ISLAM.
May Allah guide him and everyone of us in the right path.

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
Do you know that a woman that does not have a mehram is excused from going to hajj, it is jot obligatory on her, even if she has the means.
That's how the dignity of a muslimah is protected in islam.

The quran is timeless, there's no period in time from the day it was first reveled to the day Allah swt will take it back that it will be outdated, it will always have answers and solution to every issue. So there's nothing like "society we live in now".

Let's all stop making flimsy excuses and do the right thing, because Allah swt will jot take any excuse on the last day. Your work does not allow you to pray on time, which comes first? Work or prayer? We're you put on this earth to work or serve Allah swt?
There's no excuse!

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by rahma2husna: 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bragging about disobedience, especially to Allah is something to be very much ashamed of. Besides do you work 24 hours a day? Hypothetical, you are not able to wear it for the 10hrs you work in a day, what stops you from wearing it in the remaining time of the day you can or on work free days?

Why wait for some critic? Are they something other than human? Do they have 2 heads? Why wait for someone to do that for you? Why don't you do it Yourself?
Stop playing the victim card NOBODY is judging you, only telling you the TRUTH!

I knew you were going to reply,you don't know me,you don't know how live my daily life,so pls stop acting like you're the most perfect being on earth,so you think if you talk harshly,you'd be passing a message? My dear brother take a chill pill!

I wonder how you'd explain the Deen to a non-muslim. Its people like you,who make some sisters believe islam stops at wearing full hijab or prolly,niqab without polishing their characters.
Or you've ever read or learnt that the prophet (s.a.w) taught about discrimination amongst muslims.

I RAHMAT admit and know fully well, that I'm still a work-in-progress in ISLAM,I'm not perfect and I'd never act as if I am.

I'm not PLAYING the victim Pls!!!
Enough said!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
rahma2husna: .
I don't need to know you to tell you the truth. I think you must have missed the part I said everybody makes mistakes. And like I said in an earlier post there no halfway in deen, it's only the right way.
You can't make salah to Allah swt in jean and tshirt and say "it's all about the intention"
You have to do all as insttucted by Allah swt, through His messenger pbuh. From right state of mind, to dressing, purification, to intention, to d right way for salah. Miss any and work done is zero!

And for the millionth time, no discrimination here. Just laying out the facts raw! Kapish??
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by rahma2husna: 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
Please tell that to those who observe salat in jeans and shirt and the mini scarves. You can start by spreading the word in mosques around your area,cos that's what I build courage do when I see a muslimah dressed inappropriately for salat .

And Plssss Stop assuming things,!!!

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
rahma2husna: Please tell that to those who observe salat in jeans and shirt and the mini scarves. You can start by spreading the word in mosques around your area,cos that's what I build courage do when I see a muslimah dressed inappropriately for salat .

And Plssss Stop assuming things,!!!
I think what I should have asked is how old are you?
Evidently your comprehension skills is very poor. Noticed this from the first reply.

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by dupgirl(f): 10:17am On Oct 06, 2014
[quote author=XketchDesigns post=26781214]
I think what I should have asked is how old are you?
Evidently your comprehension skills is very poor. Noticed this from the first reply. [/quotes]
salam alaykun.i think this is wrong and unislamic.who are you to judge her.Allah has instructed us not to judge others but to be tolerant.it is people like you that give muslims a bad name and image.May Allah forgive us all our shortcomings.
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 2:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
dupgirl
And where am I judging her? What bad name have I given islam? Because I an telling the truth? So I should tell the truth again? I should lie to her? What part of anything I said is not true?
If you can point out anything I say which is not true, then you also should be covered in shame.
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by dyfatai(m): 12:08am On Oct 07, 2014
O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the
Messenger, and those charged with authority
among you. If ye differ in anything among
yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger,
if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That
is best, and most suitable for final
determination.

surat an- NISA 4:59
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
@xketchDesigns,kindly answer these questions.how old are u?Are u still in higher institution?Are u frm a wealthy family?Are u working,self employed or..?Are u married?Do u live alone?Which state do u reside in?How many states have u visited in Nigeria?
Your comments make me remember my university days,MSSN,....brothers & sisters then and now.Hmmm....
May Allah keep us on this straight path.May He overlook our shortcomings,accept all our ibadah,ease our affairs&grant us good in this life & the hereafter.
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
@rahma2husna,all actions shall be judged according to intention.Anything we are doing,lets do it for sake of Allah &expect our reward frm him.May He continue to grant us piety.
U use cape ijab?u are trying,u can do better,my sister.May Allah make it easy for u.
Frm your post,u graduated frm not praying regularly,to observing your solat regularly,using small ijab& who knows other good things u've been doing too.May Allah accept it frm us.Keep it up,sis

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
zeezzy:
@xketchDesigns,kindly answer these questions.how old are u?Are u still in higher institution?Are u frm a wealthy family?Are u working,self employed or..?Are u married?Do u live alone?Which state do u reside in?How many states have u visited in Nigeria?
Your comments make me remember my university days,MSSN,....brothers & sisters then and now.Hmmm....
May Allah keep us on this straight path.May He overlook our shortcomings,accept all our ibadah,ease our affairs&grant us good in this life & the hereafter.
why don't you stop justifying laziness and tell the truth.
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by PassingShot(m): 9:35am On Oct 15, 2014
XketchDesigns:

I don't think you're handling this the right way. take it easy man.
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 9:57am On Oct 15, 2014
Yeah, I get you point. It's just that I have come across people trying to bend the rules to suit their lifestyle and then claim it to be the right way. It's just disgusting and irritating.
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by IbnJumah: 6:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
XketchDesigns:

All you have said was right bro. I agree you are trying to paint the true picture of things without any form of compromise.
But Your approach would have been justified if you knew her and you are sure your approach matches her level of understanding of the deen. Otherwise, I would submit it was a wrong approach.
From her comments, I deduce she is upcoming, hence you could say exactly the same thing and even more effectively in a different manner.
Her post summarises the thoughts and mentality of many of our scarphite and capite sisters. When I got Married to my ex, the first issue was hijab and she said "even this cape I am using, before I could get a place to do my IT I know what my eye see how much more using an hijab. Who would employ me".
The topic is very important and I think instead of derailing it, the learned brothers and sisters should rather encourage her and her likes through subtle means without compromising the dictates of the Qur'an and sunnah.

2 Likes

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by palma(f): 8:29am On Oct 25, 2014
I am a muslim Insha Allah by birth and by Marriage, i don't cover my hair at all except i want to pray and during ramadan then i cover all! Hijab is not by force and yes the teachings in the holy Quran mandates it. Its not as if i haven't tried covering in fact i try not to forget my scarf when going out and i move with hijab sisters to be encouraged, i was then told by a learned man that the reason i am finding it difficult to do is because it was not coming from my mind, he then said until i can fully accept it without feeling compelled then i should let it be. I run from forum like this because we muslims are the fastest to judge and feel all righteous because i don't cover my head does not make me a bad person or doesn't mean i don't believe in Allah and because you do doesn't make you a good person either. Wearing an hijab doesn't make you better than those that are not wearing, i might be attacked for these words but this is the truth. Anytime i step into the islam forum i close it back because the holier than thou attitude is overbearing and before i say something that will make me sin against Almighty Allah i will rather turn back. I come here to feel love and encouragement but if am being attacked by my own people how will i even reason with them? Several times i wanted to ask about Hijab but when i see the response given to people like me i hold my peace. Why should anyone be ashamed that they are not covering? Did they steal? Did they kill? Are they in prison? Encouragement is needed not chastisement even Almighty Allah will not chastise in such manner. All the words of Allah are encouraging not compelling. The question is are you better? Do you think your character is good enough for Aljanna? Are you so perfect without any sin whatsoever? Have you totally been humbled by Allah? Are you clean? Does your way reflect the teachings of the prophet (SAW)! Do you love your neighbours? Are your thoughts and acts encouraging? Can your way of life encourage others to follow Allah?

I still want to wear Hijab as i am good in tying it. Sometimes i want to come in here and tell my sisters i am a makeup artist but most of the words that are being thrown left right and centre are not encouraging at all. Weigh your words before responding it will help a lot! Jazakallahu Khair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 10:17am On Oct 25, 2014
^^^
Go back to school, learn comprehension then come back and read this tread from the beginning again. Maybe by then you will understand what is truly going on.
-Victim card will jot take you anywhere, you are not doing anything for us but yourself.
-"i am trying" will not take you any where unless "you do"
-YES YES and YES a muslimah should be ashamed to admit that in the manner you did, it's not stealing. It's not murder, but it is crime in the sight of Allah (swt). Stop arguing blindly and on what you thing is right and work with the verses and Qur'an. I mad a quote to support this.
-for the millionth time, nobody is judging you. Only telling the truth. Now if you whoosh to work with it fine, good for you if you choose to stick to the "I can't get a job" then that's your business. The bottom line is you have been told the truth.
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by sino(m): 6:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
Assalam alaykum,

Ibn Qayyim rh said:

A sin which leads one to submit (to Allah) is more preferable in the sight of Allah than a good deed which causes one to have pride.

alfawaid p.122

I believe everyone has one struggle or the other in the path to fulfill his/her responsibilities. As a Muslim, the most important thing is never to allow ourselves to submit to the challenges we face in the path of Islam.

The religion of Allah is easy, but the shaitan can make it look difficult with all the glamour in this world, but know that everything in this life is a test, you will fail some, and you will pass some, but never let the light of Islam die in your heart.

In order not to let that happen, we learn about the religion, and practice it to the best of our ability, Allah (SWT) knows us more than ourselves, He never intended hardship for us, thus, know your level, strive to improve, take one step at a time, and everything would fall into place by His grace.

I pray Allah assist each and everyone of us in this struggle ameen.

3 Likes

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by maclatunji: 11:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
XketchDesigns:
^^^
Go back to school, learn comprehension then come back and read this tread from the beginning again. Maybe by then you will understand what is truly going on.
-Victim card will jot take you anywhere, you are not doing anything for us but yourself.
-"i am trying" will not take you any where unless "you do"
-YES YES and YES a muslimah should be ashamed to admit that in the manner you did, it's not stealing. It's not murder, but it is crime in the sight of Allah (swt). Stop arguing blindly and on what you thing is right and work with the verses and Qur'an. I mad a quote to support this.
-for the millionth time, nobody is judging you. Only telling the truth. Now if you whoosh to work with it fine, good for you if you choose to stick to the "I can't get a job" then that's your business. The bottom line is you have been told the truth.

Salam alaykum bro. Please are you posting to hurt people? Or are you posting to create positive change in people?

If you are posting to hurt people, you are doing a brilliant job. However, if you are posting to create a positive change in people, you are doing a bad job.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Friday Reminder (3): Rahmah Of The People Of Sunnah / Why Make Dua When All Matters Are Decreed? / Our Aqeedah As Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.