Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back (25315 Views)

Artificial Intelligence Is Growing / Russian Lab Invents Way Of Removing The Skin Layer On Black People - Graphic Pix / A Russian Laboratory Has Invented A Way To Remove The Black Skin Layer Of Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Dayjhihannon01(m): 8:25am On Sep 16, 2014
Hish... Thank God we av good news aside Ebola nd BH.... Eshe..!! Thanks to the Global Warming Campaign....
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by EMMYB0Y(m): 8:26am On Sep 16, 2014
HA, thank GOD, at least we now have hope that sun wont roast us like warri chicken
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Lucky4mike(m): 8:27am On Sep 16, 2014
Nice news o....dats kull
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by harffie(m): 8:29am On Sep 16, 2014
bist: No one phucks wit mother nature.
She takes care of herself!
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by ceejay80s(m): 8:29am On Sep 16, 2014
Dis news no concern me, i be 55yrs now, by 2030 i go don die

1 Like

Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Pearlvictory(m): 8:30am On Sep 16, 2014
ayusco85: The Ozone layer never depleted, the west (U.S and co) just came up with the global warming hoax just to cut down the chinese growing economy which was mostly powered by hydrocarbon (coal and crude oil).

Evidences suggest that the earth pass through a period of global heating which occurs after a long period of time, that was responsible for the rise in global temperatures. So I don't believe that the ozone was ever depleted hence don't believe it is growing back.

*All na Lie*
and u think China could have been that daft to have taken US' stand without proper proofs and verifications?
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by EMMYB0Y(m): 8:30am On Sep 16, 2014
simon3603: grin[i]Well, I wanted to say it before that the ozone layer is recovering coz the sun hotness has constantly reduced since 2012. I felt it on my skin. But, what could I say?[/i]
...I guess u be albino
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by nwaobitex: 8:32am On Sep 16, 2014
hmm...ETT. We are going back to iceage
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by romaine7(m): 8:36am On Sep 16, 2014
God is ever Great.....[color=#006600][/color]
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by 50calibre(m): 8:39am On Sep 16, 2014
ayusco85: The Ozone layer never depleted, the west (U.S and co) just came up with the global warming hoax just to cut down the chinese growing economy which was mostly powered by hydrocarbon (coal and crude oil).

Evidences suggest that the earth pass through a period of global heating which occurs after a long period of time, that was responsible for the rise in global temperatures. So I don't believe that the ozone was ever depleted hence don't believe it is growing back.

*All na Lie*

You reek of ignorance, the self destructive type.

If you had paid attention in your chemistry class (that's if you had one) you wouldn't be making ridiculous statements like these.
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 16, 2014
And now you're forced to ask, did it ever even deplete? Or is it even recovering? Or is this some made up conspiracy bull by the elite to keep the masses happy? Cus my o my there is still massive industrial pollution. True or false? undecided

Even the whole green house gas thing though plausible(and i believed before) is now looking like bull.shit.

So all dose hazards of the depletion are now magically dissapearing undecided....arrgghhhh

1 Like

Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by justi4jesu(f): 8:40am On Sep 16, 2014
yuncka: Goodnews, there still hope for those wit bald hair.

You are too straightforward...lol
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by mecussey(m): 8:40am On Sep 16, 2014

*All na Lie*

correct...but I don't think it was because of China. Science will always prove something even if they were not sure. Right now, they have realised they did not know the cause of depletion neighther did they know how it's growing back. Research for another day.
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Tosyn007(m): 8:42am On Sep 16, 2014
wellmax: Whao, good news to the world. Man can really change his environment for his good.

Why need umbrella?
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Howmon: 8:43am On Sep 16, 2014
when I said global warming was one of the biggest scientific fraud and scam in the world, a couple of people thought I was crazy, last year it was global cooling, this year it is ozone layer rejuvenation, let's see what they'll tell us next yr.
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by felifeli: 8:44am On Sep 16, 2014
stingbreed: The United Nations finally has some good news about the climate. Well, sort of.

According to a report released by U.N. scientists on Wednesday, the ozone layer, which has been thinning since the late 1970's, is showing signs of recovery.

Scientists say that the implementation of the U.N.'s 1987 Montreal Protocol has contributed to a statistically significant increase in the stratospheric ozone layer, the thin layer of gas that protects the earth from U.V. rays linked with skin cancer. Thanks to the reduction of chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) found in refrigerants and aerosol cans the ozone is predicted to return to 1980 levels by mid-century.

This will prevent 2 million additional cases of skin cancer a year starting in 2030.

U.N. Under-Secretary-General Achim Steiner heralded the monumental success.

The Montreal Protocol - one of the world's most successful environmental treaties - has protected the stratospheric ozone layer and avoided enhanced UV radiation reaching the earth's surface."
Chemist Mario Molina, one of the co-authors of a 1974 study predicting ozone depletion, echoed this sentiment in an interview with the Associated Press.

It's a victory for diplomacy and for science and for the fact that we were able to work together."
Okay, so it looks like a strong scientific consensus coupled with worldwide action can have an important effect on reducing negative effects on the planet, right?

Ironically, it turns out that the substances being used to replace ozone-harming CFCs are contributing to global warming, MIT scientist Susan Solomon told the AP. Greenhouse gases are repairing the ozone layer while simultaneously serving as one of the major causes of global climate change.

Fixing global climate problems is a two steps forward, one step back affair.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ozone-layer-growing-back-172216682.html

HELP WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE ! THE OZONE LAYER IS GROWING BACK!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed

[Da fvck is da ozone layer ? ] grin grin
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by kahanma(m): 8:46am On Sep 16, 2014
Hello guys, please help a brother to pass his project. I need more visitors to this site to advance in my project please. You can also share with your friends if possible. The more visitors I get, the more chance of advancing to he next stage.
Am a final year student in business marketing studying in Russia. Please help me. Just by opening the link that's all I need. Thanks
http://atzo.visittomoney.ru/63677/5177687/
Thanks much and God bless ya all.
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 16, 2014
Hmmm..
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by firefox4th(m): 8:49am On Sep 16, 2014
Thank you gracious JESUS
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 16, 2014

*All na Lie*
Using your logic; there is no other planet apart from earth since you can't see them personally, the Milky Way Galaxy is one big lie by the 'Oyinbo' . You are very smart. I envy you.

1 Like

Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 16, 2014
shockwave91: And now you're forced to ask, did it ever even deplete? Or is it even recovering? Or is this some made up conspiracy bull by the elite to keep the masses happy? Cus my o my there is still massive industrial pollution. True or false? undecided

Even the whole green house gas thing though plausible(and i believed before) is now looking like bull.shit.

So all dose hazards of the depletion are now magically dissapearing undecided....arrgghhhh
Another smart Nairalander wink

1 Like

Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by duni04(m): 8:53am On Sep 16, 2014
Good news! Plenty of textbooks will have to be rewritten cos of this.
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by abbccc(m): 8:53am On Sep 16, 2014
Good news....God is great in all ramification...HE enriches HIS creators with great knowledge to tap everywhere....thought and act of sin has been our inhibitor towards tapping greater than we have done already.....May God help us to abide in things that will help towards reducing the depletion of the ozone layer......FORWARD EVER AND BACKWARD NEVER !
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by bizngr(f): 8:54am On Sep 16, 2014
simon3603: grin[i]Well, I wanted to say it before that the ozone layer is recovering coz the sun hotness has constantly reduced since 2012. I felt it on my skin. But, what could I say?[/i]
The ozone layer prevents the ultra violet ray (UVB) of the sun and not the heat-causing terrestrial radiation. That means the regrowth of the ozone layer cannot be felt as a reduction in skin surface heat. grin
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Ukutsgp(m): 8:54am On Sep 16, 2014
lie tongue

ayusco85: Evidences suggest that the earth pass through a period of global heating which occurs after a long period of time, that was responsible for the rise in global temperatures. So I don't believe that the ozone was ever depleted hence don't believe it is growing back.

*All na Lie*
lie
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Chubhie: 8:55am On Sep 16, 2014
After watching the movie-Gravity last night my dream of visiting the international space station got energised.
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Dude1993(m): 9:00am On Sep 16, 2014
dejt4u: Good news
alihamdulilahi
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by cirmuell(m): 9:01am On Sep 16, 2014
Phuck Science!
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Spacless(m): 9:04am On Sep 16, 2014
God loves us.......thank god!
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by ChiefJusticeFuk: 9:06am On Sep 16, 2014
The fact is that the source of our climate shift has little or nothing to do with man made activities as the earth's atmospheric activities are dynamic in nature i.e. if there is an offset the atmosphere has a way of reversing itself. The sun is the main source of all energy on earth and what drives our atmosphere. Any time you use firewood or charcoal or any other form of hydrocarbon fossil fuel you are actually using the energy transfered to plants from the sun.

I can go on and on but I am not here to educate anyone here.

As for the Ozone layer rejuvenation, you can thank our sun for that. For the past decade and continuing our Sun has been having an exponential increase in solar flaring. Just last week Wednesday an unprecedented solar storm categorized as the highest so far spewed so much ElectroMagnetic Pulse or plasma towards our earth. The plasma reacts with radical oxygen at the top of our atmosphere to create ozone. Ozone creation is also highly dynamic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) / Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed / What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.