Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back (25318 Views)

Artificial Intelligence Is Growing / Russian Lab Invents Way Of Removing The Skin Layer On Black People - Graphic Pix / A Russian Laboratory Has Invented A Way To Remove The Black Skin Layer Of Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by sexzskil(f): 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
''Ozone layer stuff is politics(cheesy)...its fraud... Its scam''

70 PRCENTS OF NAIRALANDERS MAKE ME WANT TO QUIT NAIRALAND. IT SHOWS THE BLACK RACE IS JUST DOOMED TO BE A SLAVE CONTINENT, FOREVER. FACT!
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by lawrenceunaa: 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
Let them keep deiceiving themselves. America always finding ways to control the world from ozone layer to sars to bird flu to swine flu to economic melt down now it is ebola and some people will still believe that there was an ebola outbreak in 1976(or so) they question is y didn't you hear abt it (don't tell me is cos a few died , an outbreak is an outbreak)
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by ayusco85(m): 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
Pearlvictory:
and u think China could have been that daft to have taken US' stand without proper proofs and verifications?

Its all politics. China never signed the agreement to cut carbon emissions. U.S tried.
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by ayusco85(m): 12:06pm On Sep 16, 2014
50calibre:

You reek of ignorance, the self destructive type.

If you had paid attention in your chemistry class (that's if you had one) you wouldn't be making ridiculous statements like these.

I ve gone beyond chemistry. Am a proud geologist. So u e the one who reeks of ignorance.
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by jared007: 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
stingbreed: The United Nations finally has some good news about the climate. Well, sort of.

According to a report released by U.N. scientists on Wednesday, the ozone layer, which has been thinning since the late 1970's, is showing signs of recovery.

Scientists say that the implementation of the U.N.'s 1987 Montreal Protocol has contributed to a statistically significant increase in the stratospheric ozone layer, the thin layer of gas that protects the earth from U.V. rays linked with skin cancer. Thanks to the reduction of chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) found in refrigerants and aerosol cans the ozone is predicted to return to 1980 levels by mid-century.

This will prevent 2 million additional cases of skin cancer a year starting in 2030.

U.N. Under-Secretary-General Achim Steiner heralded the monumental success.

The Montreal Protocol - one of the world's most successful environmental treaties - has protected the stratospheric ozone layer and avoided enhanced UV radiation reaching the earth's surface."
Chemist Mario Molina, one of the co-authors of a 1974 study predicting ozone depletion, echoed this sentiment in an interview with the Associated Press.

It's a victory for diplomacy and for science and for the fact that we were able to work together."
Okay, so it looks like a strong scientific consensus coupled with worldwide action can have an important effect on reducing negative effects on the planet, right?

Ironically, it turns out that the substances being used to replace ozone-harming CFCs are contributing to global warming, MIT scientist Susan Solomon told the AP. Greenhouse gases are repairing the ozone layer while simultaneously serving as one of the major causes of global climate change.

Fixing global climate problems is a two steps forward, one step back affair.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ozone-layer-growing-back-172216682.html
I doubt if the ozone layer was ever destroyed b4 now. United Nations and scientists are known 4 lies and conspiracies.
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by ayusco85(m): 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
mecussey:

correct...but I don't think it was because of China. Science will always prove something even if they were not sure. Right now, they have realised they did not know the cause of depletion neighther did they know how it's growing back. Research for another day.

They claimed that Release of chloroflourocarbons into the atmosphere due to industrialisation which was purely based on fossil fuel (hydrocarbons) were responsible for the depletion of the ozone.
While Another school of thought traced the global increase in temperture to earth heating which has happened b4 some centuries ago. And its happening again. I guess the truth is finally coming out that our activities isn't responsible for the earth's warming.
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
@topic
Thanks and no thanks to?
Enough eccentric weather ojare
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by marv1: 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
yuncka: Goodnews, there still hope for those wit bald hair.
. Olodo. na bald head
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by sheffyUTD(m): 12:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
ayusco85: The Ozone layer never depleted, the west (U.S and co) just came up with the global warming hoax just to cut down the chinese growing economy which was mostly powered by hydrocarbon (coal and crude oil).

Evidences suggest that the earth pass through a period of global heating which occurs after a long period of time, that was responsible for the rise in global temperatures. So I don't believe that the ozone was ever depleted hence don't believe it is growing back.

*All na Lie*

All the goodnes for you sir, you speak my mind.

Useless conspiracy, they should tell us another story please.

Which Montreal convention are they talking about ? What is the US and other bigwigs commitment to it What about Kyoto protocol The same people that formulate them show no commitment but can sanction other nations for not doing so, just to cripple their economy. Nonsense.

I knew all their shit since Obama aid was asked to resigned over the comment that multinationals are the cause of problems in Niger Delta. Those are the people that are coming out to spit rubbish. Crap!
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by yuncka: 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
marv1: . Olodo. na bald head

Sory ooo, U get am? I mean d bald hair. grin
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Funjosh(m): 1:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
naijathings:

ban this guy

shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by yuncka: 1:20pm On Sep 16, 2014
Gorgeous58:
No be small thing o. Kali the greatest!

Chei! U dey hear so? Abeg no tel dem say U see me for here. grin
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by kelsberg(m): 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
Where the layer bin go b4?
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by ayusco85(m): 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
siverspooon:

and ur little brain told u dat d Chinese doesn't know more than u to bring evidence that will counter d west ?
u are just a hater of d west and maybe a boko haram

and u have the brain of a dinosaur right?
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by ayusco85(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
sheffyUTD:

All the goodnes for you sir, you speak my mind.

Useless conspiracy, they should tell us another story please.

Which Montreal convention are they talking about ? What is the US and other bigwigs commitment to it What about Kyoto protocol The same people that formulate them show no commitment but can sanction other nations for not doing so, just to cripple their economy. Nonsense.

I knew all their shit since Obama aid was asked to resigned over the comment that multinationals are the cause of problems in Niger Delta. Those are the people that are coming out to spit rubbish. Crap!

u are a wise man
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by ayusco85(m): 2:05pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nokia3330:

10 Gbosa for the man wey sabi.... All the ozone layer talk is just politics. Have you seen Al Gore lately? The clown is fat as f*&k; living large off 'green'.

u are a wise man. not everything is always as it seems.
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by ayusco85(m): 2:06pm On Sep 16, 2014
sexzskil: ''Ozone layer stuff is politics(cheesy)...its fraud... Its scam''

70 PRCENTS OF NAIRALANDERS MAKE ME WANT TO QUIT NAIRALAND. IT SHOWS THE BLACK RACE IS JUST DOOMED TO BE A SLAVE CONTINENT, FOREVER. FACT!

i feel the same way too about most nairalanders. they seem ignorant cheesy
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by ayusco85(m): 2:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
siverspooon:

and ur little brain told u dat d Chinese doesn't know more than u to bring evidence that will counter d west ?
u are just a hater of d west and maybe a boko haram

if am boko haram then u are ISIS..... thats if u knw what means. ignorant foool
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by simplisity(m): 2:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
God created nature, the earth to be precise, in such a way that it re-generates itself ( it recycles itself). That is the principle of nature, one dies another one grows. So, all these stories by western world scientist about the depletion of ozone layer and them replacing it, r all false. They r publicising all these stories, just to make people believe that the world God has made strong and beautiful is wearing out and that they r the people saving the world, just to reduce the knowledge of the power of God, that God controls the earth frm the mind and heart of the people of the world. Don forget to know, that most of these scientist do not believe that God exist. I want to ask them one vital question, if they think they can control the world, y is it that they cannot control all the natural disaster that r taking lives and property that worth more than billions in their countries?
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by ayusco85(m): 2:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
careema:

Beginning of another conspiracy theory.

the west are the kings of conspiracy theories
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by 50calibre(m): 2:22pm On Sep 16, 2014
ayusco85:

I ve gone beyond chemistry. Am a proud geologist. So u e the one who reeks of ignorance.

Then you need to seek a refund as you obviously learnt nothing.

You can't call yourself a geologist when you lack understanding of basic chemistry. You're a pseudo-geologist.
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by ayusco85(m): 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
50calibre:

Then you need to seek a refund as you obviously learnt nothing.

You can't call yourself a geologist when you lack understanding of basic chemistry. You're a pseudo-geologist.

continue basking in the euphoria of ur ignorance. am done replying u. its obvious u ve no idea whats behind this global warming conspiracy theory. go and read abt it then get back to me after 6months.
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by tomiobj(m): 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2014
afrodoc2:

Bros go back and read your Ababio
. no one or textbook ever mentioned about the ozone layer regenerating it self. this is a big lie. Just like Neil Armstrong going to the moon
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Uffakowoicho(m): 5:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
all the albinos can smile big .pray answered grin
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Pearlvictory(m): 6:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
ayusco85:

Its all politics. China never signed the agreement to cut carbon emissions. U.S tried.
issoryt. Just hope its nt d same agreement US refused to sign
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by ayusco85(m): 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
Pearlvictory:
issoryt. Just hope its nt d same agreement US refused to sign

Who will want to sign such an agreement?
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Topiipii(m): 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2014
Wow, I give up!
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by siverspooon(m): 10:17pm On Sep 16, 2014
ayusco85:

if am boko haram then u are ISIS..... thats if u knw what means. ignorant foool

well I don't have time to argue with a monkey like you
I just blame d ppl dat gave birth to u.....asshole
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by ayusco85(m): 10:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
siverspooon:

well I don't have time to argue with a monkey like you
I just blame d ppl dat gave birth to u.....asshole

Well I don't blame u, I blame the condom that gave way for the hopeless sperm that conceived u. Hopeless baboon. Don't u ever quote me in ur entire miserable life. Lowlife like u
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by baybiemee: 10:53pm On Sep 16, 2014
Na them sabi
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by siverspooon(m): 5:16am On Sep 17, 2014
ayusco85:

Well I don't blame u, I blame the condom that gave way for the hopeless sperm that conceived u. Hopeless baboon. Don't u ever quote me in ur entire miserable life. Lowlife like u

I don't blame nonentities like u dat hide under a faceless forum to say whatever dey like it shows wia u grew up from ----ghetto and am not surprised piggg
Re: The Ozone Layer Is Growing Back by Mjjordan(m): 8:50am On Sep 17, 2014
and this is as a result of proper environmental conservation...Godbless the world!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) / Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed / What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.