Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (533498 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2015
kagari:

One year visa, my only issue is if i could buy a one way ticket with my type of visa, study visa. Would i be lifted by the airline. I plan to buy my return wheneva iam ready next year
Okay but, take those questions seriously if you're coming here to hussle.
If your sch has resumed, you need return ticket or you go up to ethiopian airline office inside Murtala M and meet their boss upstairs, explain to him, he has final say this time.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by olusmarth(m): 11:30pm On Oct 07, 2015
Good evening Dear , I just sent u a a mail wit olusmart@yahoo.com nw, could u pls reply to oluphotoworld@yahoo.com, want to av a private chat wit u...thanks in anticipation quote author=acadollar post=26966757]3 -months tourist visa?nobody is going to hire you except factory and then ure illegal and on your own[/quote]
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by olusmarth(m): 11:40pm On Oct 07, 2015
Pls do SK issues business visa for Nigerians.? Co's am applying for one
acadollar:

Ill meet him in sch tomorrow
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 12:39am On Oct 08, 2015
olusmarth:
Pls do SK issues business visa for Nigerians.? Co's am applying for one
Why not?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
ACCADOLLAR thanks for keeping ur thread alive again please I Want to ask if I can be given south Korea visa with language course because they now have language and cultural center here in Nigeria please reply
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by limaventures: 4:08am On Oct 09, 2015
Thankx op and other contributors for this wonderful thread. I have gone through all the pages and the information I have gathered so far is immeasurable.
However I still need some clarifications please.
1. I want to apply for my masters In Agricultural technology and so far I only found that course in Seoul National university. From my findings i understand the cost if living in seoul is abit high, kindly recommend another city where English is spoken as well and they have a good public/National University.
2. From previous posts I understand one can get a paid job while studying (not factory job), kindly confirm if this is still true.
Thank you
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by igwe2015: 8:32am On Oct 09, 2015
lekibraky:
ACCADOLLAR thanks for keeping ur thread alive again please I Want to ask if I can be given south Korea visa with language course because they now have language and cultural center here in Nigeria please reply

yes you apply for korean language ..which is a D-2 VISA FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR STUDY FOR 3-6MONTHS ..AFTER THAT U NEED TO APPLY FOR A STUDENT VISA OR EXIT THE COUNTRY.

Change of Visa Status from Language Training (D-4) to Study Visa (D-2)
IWhen you want to change your visa status from D-4 to D-2, you have to prepare for the following items and apply for the change to our office.

A. If you are a national of the countries below, you are exempt from having to apply for a re-entry permit.
☞ The Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Luxemburg, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland(including Liechtenstein), France, Finland
B. If you have a multiple Korean visa, you don't have to obtain a re-entry permit, but only on the condition that you return to Koreawithintheperiodofstaygiven.
* Note : If you leave Korea without a re-entry permit, you must get a new Korean visa to return to Korea even if your period of stay has not yet expired.

To apply for a re-entry permit, you can visit our office or you can apply for the re-entry permit at ports of departure on your departure date..

- Required Documents -
A. Application form
B. Passport & Alien Registration Card
C. Certificate of Admission
D. Certificate of Final Graduation
E. Tuition receipt
F. Fee: ₩50,000
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by igwe2015: 8:37am On Oct 09, 2015
limaventures:
Thankx op and other contributors for this wonderful thread. I have gone through all the pages and the information I have gathered so far is immeasurable.
1. I want to apply for my masters In Agricultural technology and so far I only found that course in Seoul National university. From my findings i understand the cost if living in seoul is abit high, kindly recommend another city where English is spoken as well and they have a good public/National University.
2. From previous posts I understand one can get a paid job while studying (not factory job), kindly confirm if this is still true.
Thank you

sure the cost of living in Seoul is high , but you can commute from iteawon (which you can find a place for $300-500) a month ...iteawon might feel like home for you,since we have a lot of 9ja and also an African food place ( happy home restaurant) great food....or you can try chonbuk national university... nice and cheap housing and more likely to find a factory job ..

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2015
limaventures:
Thank you
I know there might be jobs not factory, but i know only abt factory jobs and loading jobs.
Take note

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by limaventures: 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
Thank you acadollar and igwe2015. I appreciate your honest replies.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by cjay911: 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
HELLO EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE, PLEASE ADVICE, IF AM MAKING APPLICATION FOR A KOREAN BUSINESS VISA, DO I NEED A GUARANTEE LETTER FROM KOREA? ANTICIPATING REPLIES, THANKS.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
cjay911:
HELLO EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE, PLEASE ADVICE, IF AM MAKING APPLICATION FOR A KOREAN BUSINESS VISA, DO I NEED A GUARANTEE LETTER FROM KOREA? ANTICIPATING REPLIES, THANKS.
All You need is Korean notarized invitation letter and about 3 supporting documents from Korea
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by catchfun: 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
acadollar:

All You need is Korean notarized invitation letter and about 3 supporting documents from Korea
bros,i appreciate ur good works here..Pls whats the best bet for ssce holder who wish to go to sk ONLY to work(eg:factory job) and live should do to secure visa
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by cjay911: 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
acadollar:

Hello Acadollar, you have a great guy in this forum, do really appreciate your prompt response, well done Pal
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ohans4u(m): 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2015
acadollar more oil to your light. ... pls as you have mentioned what areas should we be looking when applying for school so that someone can be working and schooling. i.e states that provides more opportunities for students to work. thank you
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 1:22am On Oct 16, 2015
ohans4u:
acadollar more oil to your light. ... pls as you have mentioned what areas should we be looking when applying for school so that someone can be working and schooling. i.e states that provides more opportunities for students to work. thank you
Search for schools in Ansan, Suwon, Daejon area
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ohans4u(m): 6:05am On Oct 16, 2015
acadollar:
Search for schools in Ansan, Suwon, Daejon area

Thank you somuch. ... I appreciate your prompt response
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by igwe2015: 7:43am On Oct 16, 2015
ohans4u:

also look into places like daegu (3rd largest city in korea)
busan
and were i worked under the table making about $1800
gumi
Gumi (Hangul: 구미) is the second largest city in Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea. It is located on the Nakdong River, half way between Daegu and Gimcheon, also lies on the Gyeongbu Expressway and Gyeongbu Line railway which are the principal traffic routes of the country.

The city is an industrial center of the country with many companies, including Samsung Electronics and LG Display. The primary industries are electronics, textiles, fibers, rubber, plastic and metal products. In Gumi, 1,772 companies employ over 80,000 workers.[1] It is the largest scale in Korea. In 2009, the city exported the largest amount in the country and accounted for 96.9% of trade surplus of Korea in 2000 to 2009.[2]

The former President of South Korea, Park Chung-hee was born in the city.

3 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ohans4u(m): 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
igwe2015:

also look into places like daegu (3rd largest city in korea)
busan
and were i worked under the table making about $1800
gumi
Gumi (Hangul: 구미) is the second largest city in Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea. It is located on the Nakdong River, half way between Daegu and Gimcheon, also lies on the Gyeongbu Expressway and Gyeongbu Line railway which are the principal traffic routes of the country.

The city is an industrial center of the country with many companies, including Samsung Electronics and LG Display. The primary industries are electronics, textiles, fibers, rubber, plastic and metal products. In Gumi, 1,772 companies employ over 80,000 workers.[1] It is the largest scale in Korea. In 2009, the city exported the largest amount in the country and accounted for 96.9% of trade surplus of Korea in 2000 to 2009.[2]

The former President of South Korea, Park Chung-hee was born in the city.
Thanks boss..... pls I want to seek for admission into masters program in one of this areas. Can I get any with low tuition fee cos am not financially buoyant. I would appreciate if you can list few for me.
secondly, how many semesters those there masters program run?
Thanks in advance
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
ohans4u:
Thanks boss..... pls I want to seek for admission into masters program in one of this areas. Can I get any with low tuition fee cos am not financially buoyant. I would appreciate if you can list few for me.
secondly, how many semesters those there masters program run?
Thanks in advance
2 semesters a year
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Holamidhe(m): 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2015
Sorry for coming in like this but I think you can google that and ask questions when necessary instead of waiting for him to come online instead of limiting urself to his info....
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ohans4u(m): 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
acadollar:
2 semesters a year
Thank you sir...for always been there

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by olusmarth(m): 9:44am On Oct 17, 2015
One way ticket or plus return?
acadollar:

Embassy is in Maitama Abuja and also in Lagos but ave not been to there lagos embassy but is in Ikoyi area..you can write the abuja embassy for lagos address of you cant find it online.
flight ticket is btw 1000 to 1115dollars based on my booking
i booked 180k naira
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by scionjoe: 11:49am On Oct 17, 2015
acadollar:

No ..once ure in korea..most schools won't ask u for that since ure already in Korea

Acadollar, am coming to korea, pls i would like to get more info from you thanks, am coming second week of November....I wish to connect with you.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by TadeDetule: 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2015
Good day house, thanks to all that has been responding to pplz requests. God bless u.abeg my ppl, I have gone thru the threads but what I am yet to understand s dis....my plan is to come in to S.K. to work for about a year before commencing a combined Masters. what do I do pls, since I will have to pay for tuition before being granted visa (student) which I am not ready for since I am deferring schooling till a later time. Thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 5:04pm On Oct 17, 2015
TadeDetule:
Good day house, thanks to all that has been responding to pplz requests. God bless u.abeg my ppl, I have gone thru the threads but what I am yet to understand s dis....my plan is to come in to S.K. to work for about a year before commencing a combined Masters. what do I do pls, since I will have to pay for tuition before being granted visa (student) which I am not ready for since I am deferring schooling till a later time. Thanks
You can't deffer admission and still stay in Korea.
Either you come and start school or you defer and travel back to your country. Simple
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by TadeDetule: 9:13pm On Oct 17, 2015
Thanks @acadollar.God bless u.But please am still not clear on that.U suggested earlier on one of d threads that even if one is coming to S.K. to work, study visa s d best bet.Now my question is, how do I clinch a student visa since I am not ready to start school immediately I get to S.K.?Although I wish for a work nd study situation but am thinking it might not work for me since I would be involved with a chunk of lab work while studying.Abeg I need a bit of clearance on this.thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by igwe2015: 10:21am On Oct 18, 2015
TadeDetule:
Thanks @acadollar.God bless u.But please am still not clear on that.U suggested earlier on one of d threads that even if one is coming to S.K. to work, study visa s d best bet.Now my question is, how do I clinch a student visa since I am not ready to start school immediately I get to S.K.?Although I wish for a work nd study situation but am thinking it might not work for me since I would be involved with a chunk of lab work while studying.Abeg I need a bit of clearance on this.thanks

Guy ... sure you can come here with a student visa ..but before they issue u a visa ..u have to pay the school fees and someone have to be responsible for you.... sure once u get here .....u can find a job...

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
igwe2015:

Guy ... sure you can come here with a student visa ..but before they issue u a visa ..u have to pay the school fees and someone have to be responsible for you.... sure once u get here .....u can find a job...
Yea but there is no way he can stop school just to work, they will be marking attendance for him so long he is in Korea soil, so many people that did it either enter illegal because they were unable to get there visa extended or were unable to get documents for extension of visa from there school.
Korea is not a country where u will defer admission and stay unless on serious medical conditions which you will later present a medical report here to further ure studies.
It has to be WORK $ STUDY, not stop school and work.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2015
scionjoe:

Acadollar, am coming to korea, pls i would like to get more info from you thanks, am coming second week of November....I wish to connect with you.
Ok
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ohans4u(m): 2:02pm On Oct 18, 2015
acadollar:

Yea but there is no way he can stop school just to work, they will be marking attendance for him so long he is in Korea soil, so many people that did it either enter illegal because they were unable to get there visa extended or were unable to get documents for extension of visa from there school.
Korea is not a country where u will defer admission and stay unless on serious medical conditions which you will later present a medical report here to further ure studies.
It has to be WORK $ STUDY, not stop school and work.
Boss i did currency conversion on korean won to nigerian naira. i observed that Nigeria naira is higher than korea won. Pls why working do they pay in dollar monthly or their local currency.
Those their national universities allow graduate students to work why schooling?
thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
ohans4u:

Boss i did currency conversion on korean won to nigerian naira. i observed that Nigeria naira is higher than korea won. Pls why working do they pay in dollar monthly or their local currency.
Those their national universities allow graduate students to work why schooling?
thanks
Yea international students work .
They pay in won but monthly salary is normally equivalent from 1400usd and above

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.