Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (534434 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Pasca07: 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
u will receive her call or message by tomorrow it is two business days wed and thursday even though u submit on tuesday besides are u going for masters program?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Pasca07: 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2016
kcluv2men:

I'm going for language programme to transfer to undergraduate bro. Are you in sk already?
OK I am still in Nigeria
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by id911(m): 6:09pm On Jul 14, 2016
acadollar:

You have to visit your nearest Korean embassy, they handle the process

Ok. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 9:54am On Jul 15, 2016
kcluv2men:
Guys, how long does it take embassy to legalize documents both here in Nigeria and for those that did theirs in korea through friends? I have submitted since tuesday(10am) and the lady at the reception promised to call when it's ready. I haven't seen any alert from her till now. Even though she said it would take tentatively two days processing time. Today is the third day already and it's delaying my process. Also, how long does it take to pay school fees from Nigeria and receive admission package from korea? Is there any option to expedite this service and probably pay through tuition for it. Please help to clarify guys.
I think the best bank u should use is diamond bank. Don't try to use ecobank because they will waste your time. Ecobank sells 300 naira per dollar but diamond bank is 283 or 284 depending on thier biding that day. U cannot expedite the process, i will advice u do it on time and not wait till dieing minutes. It will take one week and above to get your admission package from South korea. From what i have gathered and i think it also depends on the school. Apply to a school who has good communication relationship with their clients so that u can always relate to them when u have any challenge. Daehan University is the best in communication. https://m.facebook.com/dtuenglishprogram/
Thats their Facebook chat link and they always reply. Don't forget that they are 8 hours ahead if us, so chat with them accordingly. PLEASE i hope i did not offend.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 7:02am On Jul 16, 2016
jugreency3:

I think the best bank u should use is diamond bank. Don't try to use ecobank because they will waste your time. Ecobank sells 300 naira per dollar but diamond bank is 283 or 284 depending on thier biding that day. U cannot expedite the process, i will advice u do it on time and not wait till dieing minutes. It will take one week and above to get your admission package from South korea. From what i have gathered and i think it also depends on the school. Apply to a school who has good communication relationship with their clients so that u can always relate to them when u have any challenge. Daehan University is the best in communication. https://m.facebook.com/dtuenglishprogram/
Thats their Facebook chat link and they always reply. Don't forget that they are 8 hours ahead if us, so chat with them accordingly. PLEASE i hope i did not offend.
Thanks bro. I'm considering asking an aunt to pay for me in the states and i'll credit her naira account here. Would it be a faster process than using the banks? Cc acadollar,don milky,puritymypride,vknonkwo and every other person with knowledge about this suggestion
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 9:45am On Jul 16, 2016
kcluv2men:

Thanks bro. I'm considering asking an aunt to pay for me in the states and i'll credit her naira account here. Would it be a faster process than using the banks? Cc acadollar,don milky,puritymypride,vknonkwo and every other person with knowledge about this suggestion
Definitely it will be faster but at what rate will ur anty sell dollar for u? She will want to use the black market rate for u because that is what the dollar would have amount to supposing she brought it home. But if she is kind enough to give u at the official rate, then u are good to go and it will be faster.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 11:10am On Jul 16, 2016
jugreency3:

Definitely it will be faster but at what rate will ur anty sell dollar for u? She will want to use the black market rate for u because that is what the dollar would have amount to supposing she brought it home. But if she is kind enough to give u at the official rate, then u are good to go and it will be faster.
thanks so much bud. I really appreciate your prompt response. Long live thee!

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
kcluv2men:

Sure
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
jugreency3:

You are even talking about rate here, people are even begging for who will give them that black market rate, if I see person wey go give me black market rate here in Korea..I go even take am sharp sharp
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by vkonkwo: 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2016
kcluv2men:

It's not a bad idea, however I think diamond bank can still do it for u, in five working days the school will receive credit.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
acadollar:

You are even talking about rate here, people are even begging for who will give them that black market rate, if I see person wey go give me black market rate here in Korea..I go even take am sharp sharp
Oga accadola is it that bad now? What then is the hope of students? What about money gram sir?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by vkonkwo: 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
acadollar:

Oga Acadollar, on the visa application form, the part for funding details:what will I put as the estimated travel cost. Will it be the tuition fees x number of years.

Pls advise me brother.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by farellstone: 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
Please house I need full information on how to get a teaching job in south korea.im a graduate of English language.I also wish to know the requirements for visa.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2016
farellstone:
Please house I need full information on how to get a teaching job in south korea.im a graduate of English language.I also wish to know the requirements for visa.
You can't teach with a Nigerian passport in south korea bro
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by gentlepal: 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
acadollar:

Acadollar pls how can one apply for a tourist visa to south Korea?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by gentlepal: 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hello house pls how can one get holiday insurance for south Korea and how much?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
gentlepal:
Hello house pls how can one get holiday insurance for south Korea and how much?
Please sir, i mean no disrespect to ur post. Haven't be a reader of this thread since last year, i think and i know that this your questions had been answered. The good thing about you reading from page one is that it will help your decision making to be an informed one. It may be that what you are asking for will affect you later , but by reading from page one, it will alert you ahead and help u make some needed adjustment. Thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
acadollar:
And people that have gotten admission or visa in any school should always talk to help others, i dnt know why people keep quiet here
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2016
I am back from Abuja and i thank God for journey mercy to and fro. Done with authentication,legalization and embassy seal(confirmation) and sent my documents via Fed Ex to Kumoh. Expecting a response from them asap. Please, gurus in the house should keep us updated on new developments and life generally in Korea via posts and updates. Cheers guys!

4 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 7:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
[quote author=Shakitibob0 post=47733236][/quote]
To be frank this place is getting boring. Please lets share our experiences na!
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2016
kcluv2men:
I am back from Abuja and i thank God for journey mercy to and fro. Done with authentication,legalization and embassy seal(confirmation) and sent my documents via Fed Ex to Kumoh. Expecting a response from them asap. Please, gurus in the house should keep us updated on new developments and life generally in Korea via posts and updates. Cheers guys!
Welcome and thank God. Did u ask any questions in embassy, what about air ticket? What else do u know apart from what u went for? Please share
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 8:45pm On Jul 20, 2016
jugreency3:

Welcome and thank God. Did u ask any questions in embassy, what about air ticket? What else do u know apart from what u went for? Please share
I was able to speak with a korean administrative staff that called me to come pick up my documents. I used the opportunity to confirm about visa processing times and she said minimum of ten business days but it actually differs depending on the case of various applicants because of clarification of bank statement and other processes but i think they're efficient persons. Aside from vfs that isn't reliable. And mind you i went to pick up my documents myself because i stated it was urgent in an e-mail i sent to them about meeting up with a deadline. She's a good person as she even called me with her personal number. Those bad belle security men for gate even stopped me and told me they were on break that i should return in 2hours time after explaining to them about my plight. I just called her and she came to attend to me personally. For now, that's all i can say.

3 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 9:03pm On Jul 20, 2016
kcluv2men:

Welcome back bro.
I have just received admission into KIT(for integrated PhD in computer science).
Next face should be visa applications.
Would u kindly lemme know if people with foreign Bach n masters degree would also have to pass thru naija MFA at Abuja(as I have obtain mine from India). And also be kind enuf to breakdown d process. Cheers
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2016
kcluv2men:

I was able to speak with a korean administrative staff that called me to come pick up my documents. I used the opportunity to confirm about visa processing times and she said minimum of ten business days but it actually differs depending on the case of various applicants because of clarification of bank statement and other processes but i think they're efficient persons. Aside from vfs that isn't reliable. And mind you i went to pick up my documents myself because i stated it was urgent in an e-mail i sent to them about meeting up with a deadline. She's a good person as she even called me with her personal number. Those bad belle security men for gate even stopped me and told me they were on break that i should return in 2hours time after explaining to them about my plight. I just called her and she came to attend to me personally. For now, that's all i can say.
Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by AccidentalGenius: 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hello, i'll be studying in kaist next year. Will 200000/month korean won be enough for feeding and maybe clothing?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 9:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
WILL10:

cc. @Acadollar
I have just received admission into KIT(for integrated PhD in computer science).
Next phase should be visa applications.
Would u kindly lemme know if people with foreign Bachelor n master degree would also have to pass thru Naija MFA at Abuja(as I have obtained mine from India). And also be kind enuf to breakdown d process.Cheers
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2016
WILL10:

Welcome back bro.
Would u kindly lemme know if people with foreign Bach n masters degree would also have to pass thru naija MFA at Abuja(as I have obtain mine from India). And also be kind enuf to breakdown d process. Cheers
Thanks bro, how long did it take you to get your admission package? I will let you know when i find out bro. But check korean embassy for visa requirements for you programme because they are different from language visa but will clarify on the foreign affairs legalization as soon as i get hold of concrete details.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 3:16am On Jul 21, 2016
kcluv2men:

Thanks bro, how long did it take you to get your admission package? I will let you know when i find out bro. But check korean embassy for visa requirements for you programme because they are different from language visa but will clarify on the foreign affairs legalization as soon as i get hold of concrete details.
Boss, did you ask the woman or any other embassy official if the requirements on their embassy website are the only documents we need, if not please help us to contact the woman and ask her. Thank you sir
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 9:03am On Jul 21, 2016
jugreency3:

Boss, did you ask the woman or any other embassy official if the requirements on their embassy website are the only documents we need, if not please help us to contact the woman and ask her. Thank you sir
I can't just call her like that except it's an urgent or pressing issue. You can add useful supporting documents. Have you applied for your visa?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 10:37am On Jul 21, 2016
kcluv2men:

I can't just call her like that except it's an urgent or pressing issue. You can add useful supporting documents. Have you applied for your visa?
are you applying for language studies?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 10:39am On Jul 21, 2016
WILL10:

Welcome back bro.
whats the fee at Kit sir?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.