Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (534457 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 11:41am On Jul 21, 2016
Shakitibob0:
are you applying for language studies?
yes...
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
Shakitibob0:
whats the fee at Kit sir?

The yearly fees for my program is a lil above 4.2m Kprean WON.....but I am placed on scholarship with monthly allowance. (As asst. PHD). Although I am yet to find out if the scholarship is full or half since I need to speak to my supervisor about it.
And about the docs, i only got the email notifications, I am yet to get hold of d physical docs, the admission officer would have it sent-in dis week.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
For those of you that will be going to embassy soon and you are thinking of how to book ticket as your itinerary, i just got the solution. Download a software called AVIASELLER and put your route on it, then it will boot and give you all the available flight, just take the cheapest one or any one u like and add the date of your departure. Tick one way and it will take you to the next page, just follow the instructions from there and you are done. Your itinerary will be swnt to your email box. Shallom. Please take note, the VISA OR MASTER CARD YOU WANTS TO ADD MUST NOT HAVE ANY MONEY INSIDE O. IF NOT SAY GOOD BYE TO YOUR CASH. I WARED U O.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
kcluv2men:

I can't just call her like that except it's an urgent or pressing issue. You can add useful supporting documents. Have you applied for your visa?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Mirror97: 9:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
jugreency3:
For those of you that will be going to embassy soon and you are thinking of how to book ticket as your itinerary, i just got the solution. Download a software called AVIASELLER and put your route on it, then it will boot and give you all the available flight, just take the cheapest one or any one u like and add the date of your departure. Tick one way and it will take you to the next page, just follow the instructions from there and you are done. Your itinerary will be swnt to your email box. Shallom. Please take note, the VISA OR MASTER CARD YOU WANTS TO ADD MUST NOT HAVE ANY MONEY INSIDE O. IF NOT SAY GOOD BYE TO YOUR CASH. I WARED U O.

Very informative thumbs up!!

4 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hi guys - - - please can my friend who resides in Abuja do the authentication of documents on my behalf?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Mirror97: 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2016
Shakitibob0:
Hi guys - - - please can my friend who resides in Abuja do the authentication of documents on my behalf?

Yea he can do it for you but for the Notarization seal at the embassy you have to be present there, Authentication and legalisation at Min of Edu and Foreign Affairs can be done on your behalf .

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 6:28am On Jul 23, 2016
Mirror97:

Yea he can do it for you but for the Notarization seal at the embassy you have to be present there, Authentication and legalisation at Min of Edu and Foreign Affairs can be done on your behalf .
Thanks sir
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2016
acadollar:
For those that want to study Nursing and Art courses or Taekwando, check this school out, admission closes feb 6, most of the naija students that has a good GP during the first year are offered full scholarship
sir acadollar....please is the location of this kornu university close to Jobs area? My friend is not on nairaland, he wants to apply there in the next semester
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 2:49am On Jul 25, 2016
Shakitibob0:
sir acadollar....please is the location of this kornu university close to Jobs area? My friend is not on nairaland, he wants to apply there in the next semester
Yea

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 9:59am On Jul 25, 2016
acadollar:

Yea
ok thanks sir
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2016
@ accadollar- I sent you a mail bro. Please try and get back to me. It's urgent bro
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by paddymoore2000: 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
Greeting to all!
I applied for Msc to about 5 univs with my HND certificate and I was reject prelimnarily. What they offered me in alternative was 3rd year direct entry onto their Bsc with one stringent condition that I must provide TOPIK exam result. I reminded them that am above 40years which I think is quite high for the undergrad program but they said that they don't have any age restriction for their undegrad, grad and language programs. But my fear is, if I accept the Bsc direct entry admission won't SK embassy here in Nigeria object to it?
If I meet all requirements and provided all documents, would SK embassy use my age alone to disqualify me? Do they have the right to disqualify me on age grounds even when the school says otherwise. Ur comments please!
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hi everyone, i'm George by name and i've been following this thread for a while now. I'm an applicant for fall semester Language studies in Korea. I am not impressed at all with the silence of this beloved thread which is full of detailed information and key insights concerning the whole process of studying in korea. We have people here, that have come and gone through this thread but they refuse to share success stories. Nobody is updating the house on first hand gists or tips. I'm not asking for much but please let's try to find time to drop posts here and encourage the people like us that have found interest to study in korea. I indulge everyone to please say something and let's keep this thread alive and hale. I appreciate each and every one of you guys. Thanks so much. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by suxes2005(m): 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2016
paddymoore2000:
Greeting to all!
I applied for Msc to about 5 univs with my HND certificate and I was reject prelimnarily. What they offered me in alternative was 3rd year direct entry onto their Bsc with one stringent condition that I must provide TOPIK exam result. I reminded them that am above 40years which I think is quite high for the undergrad program but they said that they don't have any age restriction for their undegrad, grad and language programs. But my fear is, if I accept the Bsc direct entry admission won't SK embassy here in Nigeria object to it?
If I meet all requirements and provided all documents, would SK embassy use my age alone to disqualify me? Do they have the right to disqualify me on age grounds even when the school says otherwise. Ur comments please!

As long as you are a genuine student you don't have to
worry about anything.

If starting from 3rd year does not bother you, then go
tell em at the embassy why you're comfortable with that.

Don't forget you'll be interviewed and that will be one of
the factors that will determine your visa success.

~ Sheyi

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 5:59am On Jul 27, 2016
kcluv2men:
Hi everyone, i'm George by name and i've been following this thread for a while now. I'm an applicant for fall semester Language studies in Korea. I am not impressed at all with the silence of this beloved thread which is full of detailed information and key insights concerning the whole process of studying in korea. We have people here, that have come and gone through this thread but they refuse to share success stories. Nobody is updating the house on first hand gists or tips. I'm not asking for much but please let's try to find time to drop posts here and encourage the people like us that have found interest to study in korea. I indulge everyone to please say something and let's keep this thread alive and hale. I appreciate each and every one of you guys. Thanks so much. Cheers!
my brother - - - this thread tire person ooo-----some people will say its because of VO but i began to Wonder if there are no vos viewing the usa--germany---canada and other threads alike---yet valuable information including visa and travel transcript are disclosed

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 7:57am On Jul 27, 2016
Shakitibob0:
my brother - - - this thread tire person ooo-----some people will say its because of VO but i began to Wonder if there are no vos viewing the usa--germany---canada and other threads alike---yet valuable information including visa and travel transcript are disclosed
I'm glad you agree with me on this one bro. God will guide us where necessary. Let's hope our call reaches somebody. All i know is that we can never be too busy to at least drop a post that'll affect someone's life here positively. Cheers!
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 10:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
kcluv2men:
The truth is, this thread is slow like this because many people don't yet believe they can make money in south korea. So people are still rushing to Canada usa and other popular countries. One thing is to get admission, another thing is for you to see bank that will pay your school fees. I am talking from experience and some people can testify to that. I sofa for this pals.
I will advise you to start your application on time so that you can fight the wahala of cbn to a stand still. Diamond bank still remains the best bank but i came to know too late. We are still on the hustle bec we are not of they that give up but of they that lush to the end.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by haryormidey: 11:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
Please, i would like to study medicine and surgery in korea....and i would like to apply for korean government scholarship. Is that possible
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 11:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
jugreency3:

The truth is, this thread is slow like this because many people don't yet believe they can make money in south korea. So people are still rushing to Canada usa and other popular countries. One thing is to get admission, another thing is for you to see bank that will pay your school fees. I am talking from experience and some people can testify to that. I sofa for this pals.
I will advise you to start your application on time so that you can fight the wahala of cbn to a stand still. Diamond bank still remains the best bank but i came to know too late. We are still on the hustle bec we are not of they that give up but of they that lush to the end.
How long does it take bro for school to confirm fees?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 3:40am On Jul 28, 2016
kcluv2men:

How long does it take bro for school to confirm fees?
It took me more than 2 months and yet could not pay it.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2016
jugreency3:
It took me more than 2 months and yet could not pay it.
that's bad news oh. Have you paid now?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Makpeme007(m): 8:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
Please house, can a language programme visa be changed to a Master's degree visa on getting to South Korea or is it possible to get a Master's degree admission after the language programme without reentry?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 11:59am On Jul 30, 2016
Makpeme007:
Please house, can a language programme visa be changed to a Master's degree visa on getting to South Korea or is it possible to get a Master's degree admission after the language programme without reentry?
Then you have to find fresh admission for Masters, pay sch fees and then change it here
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
Admission granted to study language program at KIT this week. Thank God for his favour. I need help in tuition payment from brothers in korea. Please don't hesitate to contact me. This is rush hour for me now guys. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 9:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
kcluv2men:
Admission granted to study language program at KIT this week. Thank God for his favour. I need help in tuition payment from brothers in korea. Please don't hesitate to contact me. This is rush hour for me now guys. Thanks
congrats brother - - i sent you pm
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by generalbush(m): 10:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
kcluv2men:

What Uni is that?

What is the tuition?

Can you convert to masters after the language program?

Can you stay back and work after graduation?..... That is the problem people travelling to Most european countries don't understand.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by generalbush(m): 10:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
kcluv2men:
I am back from Abuja and i thank God for journey mercy to and fro. Done with authentication,legalization and embassy seal(confirmation) and sent my documents via Fed Ex to Kumoh. Expecting a response from them asap. Please, gurus in the house should keep us updated on new developments and life generally in Korea via posts and updates. Cheers guys!

What and what did you legalize Sir...

Please I really need it.... Thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 7:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
generalbush:

What and what did you legalize Sir...

Please I really need it.... Thanks
Sorry for the late reply bud. I legalized my credentials and diplomas. It just depends on what your school requests from you. I understand some schools don't even need to see embassy confirmation from applicant.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 7:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
generalbush:

What Uni is that?

What is the tuition?

Can you convert to masters after the language program?

Can you stay back and work after graduation?..... That is the problem people travelling to Most european countries don't understand.
First and foremost south korea is in Asia. The name of the school is kumoh national institute of technology, Gumi. The tuition for language program is $2,345 excluding accommodation fees. I guess after your program you can stay back and work now according to the new policy irrespective of if where you work isn't in line with your discipline.
Again, you can convert your visa to a D2 visa when done with your program. I hope i've been able to assist with your questions bud. Cheers!
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by generalbush(m): 7:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
kcluv2men:

First and foremost south korea isn't is in Asia. The name of the school is kumoh national institute of technology, Gumi. The tuition for language program is $2,345 excluding accommodation fees. I guess after your program you can stay back and work now according to the new policy irrespective of if where you work isn't in line with your discipline.
Again, you can convert your visa to a D2 visa when done with your program. I hope i've been able to assist with your questions bud. Cheers!

But from my research, I saw that the Naira is higher in Value than the Korean Won.

Or do they pay workers in other currencies??

Why I ask is because the Tuition is in dollars, but they pay workers in their local currency.

So does going there to work and study, can it benefit??

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 7:49am On Aug 02, 2016
generalbush:

But from my research, I saw that the Naira is higher in Value than the Korean Won.

Or do they pay workers in other currencies??

Why I ask is because the Tuition is in dollars, but they pay workers in their local currency.

So does going there to work and study, can it benefit??
I think you should go back and read the thread bro. I'm still in Nigeria you know and i acted based on the little information i got here. You can't get first hand information till you see for yourself. Any which way, life is a struggle. For me, the journey hasn't been easy. Going to have to buy dollars for 382 today when i budgeted 282 before i started this processing. Be strong and take the risk but get Oluwa involved. Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.