Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

I Can't Do It Alone. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Can't Do It Alone. (872 Views)

I Am A Moslem But I Can't Do Without... / Things God Can't Do / I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Do It Alone. by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 13, 2014
I think I need help. I have been away from God for a long time which I know but at every attempt that I make to bring myself closer the more far away I go from Him. Seriously, I need somebody to guide me. I am not a thief and I will never steal, I never smoked but within me I know I lack the presence of God. Please help your brother. I hardly go to church. The last time I went to church this year was on 1st of January this year (new year). I tried doing it on my own but NO WAY. I can't even pray but I always beg God for forgiveness. I am a Catholic. This is my pin 289C227A, 07066869898. All I need is advice please don't invite me to any church. Thank you.
Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by GreenBobo: 4:48am On Sep 13, 2014
I like your simplicity... permit me to go straight to the point...

Ground Zero
Becoming a Christian begins with a prayer. You have to repair your relationship With God. Please say this prayer, sincerely!

"Dear God,
I know that I have not lived as you want me to. I have not loved you as I ought nor loved the people who live around me. I am sorry and want to change.Thank you for Jesus.Thank you that he lived and died for me and rose again and is now the Lord. Please forgive me and help me to live as you want me to. Amen. "

Ground One
✔ Read your Bible daily,
✔Pray at least twice a day,
✔Need to identify with a church,
✔Serving at church (Usher, Engineer, Sunday school ) , in a nutshell, U need to get involved! Just volunteer to serv in any area you can in church!
✔Be of service to others
✔Tithing..

These are all great activities for Christians,but they are not what the Christian life is all about.
"A Christian is someone who has been made new in Christ ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ) and restored to relationship with God. The Christian life is about getting to know God,enjoying Him and bringing Him glory (Isaiah 43:7 ; 2 Corinthians 3:18 ; John 17:1–5 , 22). "

Ground Two
✔Conquer Your Doubts.
At times you may doubt that you really are a Christian. Perhaps you have failed or surrendered repeatedly to temptation.Remember, you were not saved because of how good of a person you are, but by putting your trust in what Christ has already done for you.
✔ Live One Day at a Time.
Too often we become anxious about what might happen tomorrow. The Bible promises that God will meet our needs, if only we will seek first His righteousness (see Matthew 6:33-34). God’s grace will be sufficient to meet the challenges that each new day brings.
✔ Learn How to Deal with Temptation.
Temptation is a part of life. It was an issue before you became a Christian, it still will be. Be prepared to take advantage of God’s “way out” of temptation, whether it means that you “flee” the scene of temptation (I Timothy 6:11), or that you stay on the scene and “resist” it (James 4:7; I Peter 5:8-9).

Ground Three
Tell Others About Jesus.
Sharing with others about your new life in Jesus--by word or by action--will certainly help build your confidence, the Bible encourages us to always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have (I Peter 3:15).
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU MADE IT! SHALOM!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by Nobody: 5:33am On Sep 13, 2014
Vig86: I think I need help. I have been away from God for a long time which I know but at every attempt that I make to bring myself closer the more far away I go from Him. Seriously, I need somebody to guide me. I am not a thief and I will never steal, I never smoked but within me I know I lack the presence of God. Please help your brother. I hardly go to church. The last time I went to church this year was on 1st of January this year (new year). I tried doing it on my own but NO WAY. I can't even pray but I always beg God for forgiveness. I am a Catholic. This is my pin 289C227A, 07066869898. All I need is advice please don't invite me to any church. Thank you.
Calling good christians:
MizMyColi, Frosbel, Striktlymi, Ubenedictus.
Your help is needed.
Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by MizMyColi(f): 6:45am On Sep 13, 2014
Liefling smiley a very good Christian formula has been given above. Let the OP come and either reject or accept it, stating his reasons. If need be, I'll drop my 2R.
Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 13, 2014
Apatheist:
Calling good christians:
MizMColi, Frobel, Striktlyi, Ubenedicts.
Your help is needed.

Thanks for looking out for him, I guess.
Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by MizMyColi(f): 6:59am On Sep 13, 2014

OP, one other thing I have to say concerning you is:

Your Mind Is The Battle Field, You've been allowing the cosmic enemy win all along by thinking that you're far away from God. He gives you this impression that because you've not done certain things and lived according to certain rules, that you're somewhat separate from Him.

Lies!

You've cornered yourself into living a life based on performance in order to win God's approval.

Well Dear, God has always loved you, he doesn't intend to drop one bit. As I write now, I'm even having a hard time convincing the innermost part of my being of God's Love for me, But you know what......
It doesn't change the ETERNAL REALITY that:
His Love:
Never Fails
Never Gives Up
Never Runs Out On Me and On You.

You and Jesus are one.
As He is, so are you (even if this doesn't make sense now, start by confessing them until they become glued to your spirit).

You need to give up your performance based mentality, be spontaneous, be fluid, stop all these rules and regulations! and start operating from the standpoint, more like a realm, that:

"It doesn't matter how I have been, it doesn't matter how I will be, Jesus can relate with ALL my weaknesses, he loves me, I can only get better."

1 Like

Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 13, 2014
Vig86: I think I need help. I have been away from God for a long time which I know but at every attempt that I make to bring myself closer the more far away I go from Him. Seriously, I need somebody to guide me. I am not a thief and I will never steal, I never smoked but within me I know I lack the presence of God. Please help your brother. I hardly go to church. The last time I went to church this year was on 1st of January this year (new year). I tried doing it on my own but NO WAY. I can't even pray but I always beg God for forgiveness. I am a Catholic. This is my pin 289C227A, 07066869898. All I need is advice please don't invite me to any church. Thank you.

Mention any 'strong' Christian who does not struggle with all that you mentioned and I will show you one good example of a Christian living a double life.

The only difference between you and the next Christian who seems strong is the direction of the will. You desire good but you don't act on it. That's the missing link.

Since you are a Catholic, I took the liberty of inviting you to our thread. You would get the help you seek.
Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by Tallesty1(m): 7:31am On Sep 13, 2014
MizMyColi:
OP, one other thing I have to say concerning you is:

Your Mind Is The Battle Field, You've been allowing the cosmic enemy win all along by thinking that you're far away from God. He gives you this impression that because you've not done certain things and lived according to certain rules, that you're somewhat separate from Him.

Lies!

You've cornered yourself into living a life based on performance in order to win God's approval.

Well Dear, God has always loved you, he doesn't intend to drop one bit. As I write now, I'm even having a hard time convincing the innermost part of my being of God's Love for me, But you know what......
It doesn't change the ETERNAL REALITY that:
His Love:
Never Fails
Never Gives Up
Never Runs Out On Me and On You.

You and Jesus are one.
As He is, so are you (even if this doesn't make sense now, start by confessing them until they become glued to your spirit).

You need to give up your performance based mentality, be spontaneous, be fluid, stop all these rules and regulations! and start operating from the standpoint, more like a realm, that:

"It doesn't matter how I have been, it doesn't matter how I will be, Jesus can relate with ALL my weaknesses, he loves me, I can only get better."

Good one pretty face, I was about to tagg you when I saw this comment.

Good morning.

@OP. Should I say that I have been in shoes? I really don't know but being a catholic I was made to belive that the only way I can remain connected 24/7 to good is that I (((MUST))) pray at least twice a day(mostly rosary) serve in church, give offering, observes the holy days , and so many other dos and don'ts. These are all great activities for Christians, but they are not really important.

I'm still a catholic but my relationship with Jesus has changed. It is no longer based on what my church teaches but on my personal experience mostly.

Being a "good Christian" is not about performing certain actions. It is about growing in love for Christ and allowing His Holy Spirit to transform our heart and life. Remember that Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith ( Hebrews 12:2).

Jesus said, "You are my friends if you do what I command" ( John 15:14). And his commandments are simple, Love God completely and everybody even if they treat you wrongly whether you know them or not. Jesus said "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" Jesus says in John 13:15, "I have given you an example, that as I have done, so should you do." In I Corinthians 11:1, Paul says, "Imitate me as I imitate Christ." Ephesians 5:1 says, "Be imitators of God as dear children.". It is not easy but it is not impossible.

So what you need to do is to Acknowledge that you have faults and then repent-- change your attitudes and pray. READ and DO what the Bible says. James 1:22 - Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

Ephesians 4:24 says "and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness".

Once you invite Christ into your life through prayer then he will certainly help to achieve all these.

Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:39am On Sep 13, 2014
Apatheist:
Calling good christians:
MizMyColi, Frosbel, Striktlymi, Ubenedictus.
Your help is needed.
thanks for tagging me
Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:58am On Sep 13, 2014
Tallesty1: Good one pretty face, I was about to tagg you when I saw this comment.

Good morning.

@OP. Should I say that I have been in shoes? I really don't know but being a catholic I was made to belive that the only way I can remain connected 24/7 to good is that I (((MUST))) pray at least twice a day(mostly rosary) serve in church, give offering, observes the holy days , and so many other dos and don'ts. These are all great activities for Christians, but they are not really important.

I'm still a catholic but my relationship with Jesus has changed. It is no longer based on what my church teaches but on my personal experience mostly.

Being a "good Christian" is not about performing certain actions. It is about growing in love for Christ and allowing His Holy Spirit to transform our heart and life. Remember that Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith ( Hebrews 12:2).

Jesus said, "You are my friends if you do what I command" ( John 15:14). And his commandments are simple, Love God completely and everybody even if they treat you wrongly whether you know them or not. Jesus said "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" Jesus says in John 13:15, "I have given you an example, that as I have done, so should you do." In I Corinthians 11:1, Paul says, "Imitate me as I imitate Christ." Ephesians 5:1 says, "Be imitators of God as dear children.". It is not easy but it is not impossible.

So what you need to do is to Acknowledge that you have faults and then repent-- change your attitudes and pray. READ and DO what the Bible says. James 1:22 - Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

Ephesians 4:24 says "and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness".

Once you invite Christ into your life through prayer then he will certainly help to achieve all these.

Good luck

i am not very happy when i see a carricature of catholic theology.... It seem somebody gave you incomplete teaching. Been a good christian doesn't consist solely in doing thing, the catholic church teaches that much, grace must preceed works, you don't become good because to obeyed some rules, "been good" is a work of divine grace, God himself draws you to participate in his own life, he fills you with a love for him make you grow in that love so that you can manifest the fruits of your salvation, the rules you were taught are the stuff that the love of God in your heart should make you do.

The scripture says love fulfills the law and in another place it say that those who work according to grace fulfil the righteous demand of the law.

Put simply been a good christian does involve
It is about growing in love for Christ and allowing His Holy Spirit to transform our heart and life. Remember that Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith ( Hebrews 12:2).

Jesus said, "You are my friends if you do what I command" ( John 15:14). And his commandments are simple, Love God completely and everybody even if they treat you wrongly whether you know them or not. Jesus said "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" Jesus says in John 13:15, "I have given you an example, that as I have done, so should you do."

that which you claim you found by you own personal experience is exactly what the catholic church teaches.

Peace

1 Like

Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by Ubenedictus(m): 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2014

my i wish to invite you to the catholic thread on nl, if you have questions i believe it would be answered there.

Now that aside,

i think you should be very happy... I know the place you are in in the spirit doesn't seem like a good place but, i'll say you should rejoice. Many people are nonchanlant when their relationship with God goes south, the fact that you are aware of this means that God is no finished with you and that his grace is still working in your life.

I do not claim to know the full extent of your spiritual state but i can say this, they key to stop "been away from God" is to the near God that is thru prayer.

I hear you say you can't pray... Well for now don't try to "pray", just find a private spot, whether it is your room or a bus or a church, just find a spot and talk to God. I said "don't pray" just talk, if you feel there is something he is doing in your life then thank him, if u know he is doing sumtin but u dont feel thankful about it then don't thank him. Just tell him how you feel.

If you are fraustrated tell him, if you are tired say it, if you feel weak tell him, if you want his presence ask him.... Don't use any prayer you know off hand... Don't use any pattern, don't read from any book, just talk, the scriptures say "cast all you cares (worries) on him for he cares for you".

All you need to do is speak, if u feel like shouting, shout, if u feel u cant talk then say it in your heart....

That is the first step, talk to God.
Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ubenedictus:
thanks for tagging me
striktlymi:
Thanks for looking out for him, I guess.
If he's going to be a Christian, he shouldn't be a{n} fanatic/extremist.
Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ubenedictus:

my i wish to invite you to the catholic thread on nl, if you have questions i believe it would be answered there.

Now that aside,

i think you should be very happy... I know the place you are in in the spirit doesn't seem like a good place but, i'll say you should rejoice. Many people are nonchanlant when their relationship with God goes south, the fact that you are aware of this means that God is no finished with you and that his grace is still working in your life.

I do not claim to know the full extent of your spiritual state but i can say this, they key to stop "been away from God" is to the near God that is thru prayer.

I hear you say you can't pray... Well for now don't try to "pray", just find a private spot, whether it is your room or a bus or a church, just find a spot and talk to God. I said "don't pray" just talk, if you feel there is something he is doing in your life then thank him, if u know he is doing sumtin but u dont feel thankful about it then don't thank him. Just tell him how you feel.

If you are fraustrated tell him, if you are tired say it, if you feel weak tell him, if you want his presence ask him.... Don't use any prayer you know off hand... Don't use any pattern, don't read from any book, just talk, the scriptures say "cast all you cares (worries) on him for he cares for you".

All you need to do is speak, if u feel like shouting, shout, if u feel u cant talk then say it in your heart....

That is the first step, talk to God.
Thanks a lot. I am ready to join the catholic group on nairaland. U just solved part of my problem. People say that I am good but I am not good to myself.
Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by brocab: 3:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
The truth will set you free.
GreenBobo: I like your simplicity... permit me to go straight to the point...

Ground Zero
Becoming a Christian begins with a prayer. You have to repair your relationship With God. Please say this prayer, sincerely!

"Dear God,
I know that I have not lived as you want me to. I have not loved you as I ought nor loved the people who live around me. I am sorry and want to change.Thank you for Jesus.Thank you that he lived and died for me and rose again and is now the Lord. Please forgive me and help me to live as you want me to. Amen. "

Ground One
✔ Read your Bible daily,
✔Pray at least twice a day,
✔Need to identify with a church,
✔Serving at church (Usher, Engineer, Sunday school ) , in a nutshell, U need to get involved! Just volunteer to serv in any area you can in church!
✔Be of service to others
✔Tithing..

These are all great activities for Christians,but they are not what the Christian life is all about.
"A Christian is someone who has been made new in Christ ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ) and restored to relationship with God. The Christian life is about getting to know God,enjoying Him and bringing Him glory (Isaiah 43:7 ; 2 Corinthians 3:18 ; John 17:1–5 , 22). "

Ground Two
✔Conquer Your Doubts.
At times you may doubt that you really are a Christian. Perhaps you have failed or surrendered repeatedly to temptation.Remember, you were not saved because of how good of a person you are, but by putting your trust in what Christ has already done for you.
✔ Live One Day at a Time.
Too often we become anxious about what might happen tomorrow. The Bible promises that God will meet our needs, if only we will seek first His righteousness (see Matthew 6:33-34). God’s grace will be sufficient to meet the challenges that each new day brings.
✔ Learn How to Deal with Temptation.
Temptation is a part of life. It was an issue before you became a Christian, it still will be. Be prepared to take advantage of God’s “way out” of temptation, whether it means that you “flee” the scene of temptation (I Timothy 6:11), or that you stay on the scene and “resist” it (James 4:7; I Peter 5:8-9).

Ground Three
Tell Others About Jesus.
Sharing with others about your new life in Jesus--by word or by action--will certainly help build your confidence, the Bible encourages us to always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have (I Peter 3:15).
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU MADE IT! SHALOM!!!
Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by Ubenedictus(m): 5:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
Vig86:
Thanks a lot. I am ready to join the catholic group on nairaland. U just solved part of my problem. People say that I am good but I am not good to myself.

you are most welcome....

If you can talk to God then you may be ready to hear from him... Take up the epistles of paul and the gospels.

Do not read them, eat them... Pick up just one sentence meditate on it (or simply try to understand its meaning),

cram the sentence.
repeat the sentence to yourself throughout the day.

I advise you do this in the morning, later add evenings too. Just keep repeating the words, keep saying it, each time you have a break in the day make sure it is the first thought that come to your mind....

I do not promise immediate results but i think if you can talk to God and eat his word, thing may very well arrange themselves.

Have a nice evening.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ubenedictus:

you are most welcome....

If you can talk to God then you may be ready to hear from him... Take up the epistles of paul and the gospels.

Do not read them, eat them... Pick up just one sentence meditate on it (or simply try to understand its meaning),

cram the sentence.
repeat the sentence to yourself throughout the day.

I advise you do this in the morning, later add evenings too. Just keep repeating the words, keep saying it, each time you have a break in the day make sure it is the first thought that come to your mind....

I do not promise immediate results but i think if you can talk to God and eat his word, thing may very well arrange themselves.

Have a nice evening.
Thanks for your support. I really appreciate.
Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
Vig86:
Thanks for your support. I really appreciate.
you're most welcome
Re: I Can't Do It Alone. by brocab: 2:15am On Mar 22, 2015
Here's one for you? Your brother Pope Benedict has agreed with your Muslims brothers>I hope you learn something from it-Never trust a religious leader, who calls himself the Pope--Ubenedictus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW-TypQmU4c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbzRD01kMks
Ubenedictus:
you're most welcome

(1) (Reply)

Should He Come Out? / Alcohol And The Moral Compass:a Christian Musing / "Did Jesus Really Exist? Is There Any Historical Evidence Of Jesus Christ?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.