Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,193 members, 7,807,647 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. (20083 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / 15 Of The Most Dangerous Journeys To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Odunharry(m): 12:44am On Sep 23, 2014
If i hear say...
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Blackkie: 12:46am On Sep 23, 2014
If its like this, then we've got no problem in Nigeria.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by dokunbam(m): 1:12am On Sep 23, 2014
Olagbara ooo shocked
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 23, 2014
so because say person wan go skull see d nonsense he goes thru! Hmmm...well na dem know. Those ones inside boat even try sef but those climbing ropes and sh.it omo dats unacceptable
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Beboy23(m): 1:28am On Sep 23, 2014
they are too poor in asia o, see hardship
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 1:51am On Sep 23, 2014
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by kobonaire(m): 2:14am On Sep 23, 2014
A few of our home based kids are also facing unique challenges in their quest for education......
[img]http://bayelsanewmediateam.files./2012/07/okadaw.jpg[/img]
.... God Bless those kids

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by lovelyronke20(f): 2:57am On Sep 23, 2014
if this happens in Nigeria, No one will go to school again.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by walex2bad(m): 3:02am On Sep 23, 2014
Students travelling to their various institution through Oyo/Ogbomosho express way..
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 3:15am On Sep 23, 2014
I was at Irede island in lagos state last yr. Students travel on water for over 30mins to get to school in abuleosun. Though there is one school within the community shaa
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 3:21am On Sep 23, 2014
lovelyronke20: if this happens in Nigeria, No one will go to school again.
Worse scenes occurr here, but we hardly document.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by chukxie(m): 3:23am On Sep 23, 2014
The importance of education can not be over emphasised. Ignoring it could come back to hunt someone in the future. I guess the parents of those children, and the children themselves understand the value of education. Why else would they take such risks just to get educated? They know with education they stand the chance of having better lives than their parents are having or had. I salute their courage. On the flip side, I'm dismayed that the government of the countries where those children live have failed them by turning blind eyes to their plight. I hope much needed infrastructures would be put in place to alleviate the suffering of those children because children are the leaders of tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by leshluap(m): 4:03am On Sep 23, 2014
princealbashir: OP, you sure they are students going to their schools? because sincerely they look like tourists to me...
. They look more lik tourist jare...I don't believe they ar going to school in that dehumanizing conditions,,,,,,,
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by tk4rd: 4:05am On Sep 23, 2014
NIGERIA IS RICHLY BLESSED
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by wallex1983(m): 5:09am On Sep 23, 2014
To go school na by force?
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 5:12am On Sep 23, 2014
CoCoLav: I really want to know how many Nigerians will allow their children get education at all costs. Since there is no POLL

Click 'LIKE' if you will allow your kids to go through this if it were in Nigeria

Click 'SHARE' if you will not allow your kids to go.

Me ooo. LaiLai! no child of mine will do this shi.t. What if you fall off and drown? Or worse still fall off the mountain?. I will rather employ a private tutor.
Do those children look like they do have a choice?
Do you see that environment as a place where a parent could afford a private tutor?
Do you think you think you love your children as much as they do?
That's poverty,people who wouldn't have phone to press like or share.. Besides they see it as normal thing. Because it's being there even before they came to the world.
Thank you.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by DEGREE2466(m): 5:16am On Sep 23, 2014
Sile12: 13. Elementary School Students Crossing A River On Inflated Tire Tubes, Rizal Province, Philippines.

this topic is meaningless

Now i know why any reasonable CEO/Enterpreneur will never place his advert on nairaland.

Dump topic, dump frontpage
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by princealbashir: 5:39am On Sep 23, 2014
leshluap: . They look more lik tourist jare...I don't believe they ar going to school in that dehumanizing conditions,,,,,,,

Thanks. Thinking same..
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by bigfoot79(m): 6:02am On Sep 23, 2014
Chanchit: Choi...! E be like say Asia sef dey suffer pass Africa o. So make I die because I wan go school.

Dem no suffer pass us! They only have a stronger desire than we do. If Africa is faced with such difficulty; we BLAME THE GOVERNMENT but Asians find a solution
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Chanchit: 6:08am On Sep 23, 2014
bigfoot79:

Dem no suffer pass us! They only have a stronger desire than we do. If Africa is faced with such difficulty; we BLAME THE GOVERNMENT but Asians find a solution

Brodally, I would rather blame d government than going to school that way.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by ANIEXTY(m): 6:27am On Sep 23, 2014
Dis one pass army training o shocked .
if nigerians love skul like dis people, we 4 grow pass U.S.A
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 23, 2014
Haa..this is "seriously serious" o...their parents and even the kids are strong-hearted..As a parent,i cant allow my kids go to school dis way,,jeez!..
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 23, 2014
when I was in pry sch and it rained heavily. there was water everywhere. i walked through the water to get to sch. my legs submerge in flooded road. It was dangerous. OMG
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by rexzqcom(m): 7:21am On Sep 23, 2014
Certainly there will be some accidents happening to some of the children using those difficult routes in a school year. Casualties rates might be low. Will not be non_existent. Russian roulette, they seems.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by moshoodn(m): 7:31am On Sep 23, 2014
Thank God for our lives here in Africa, Nigeria (pin-pointed).

Now I see why the Asians get offered lots of scholarships. It a'int easy.

God keep them safe in their daily journeys.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by iamord(m): 7:51am On Sep 23, 2014
Sile12: 7. Kids Traveling Through The Forest Across A Tree Root Bridge, India.

Wow.. Touching images!!
What people do to get an education
There is still more the goverment can do for this people..
@ the pic.. I lov e the view.. Will be a good site for a farytale movie
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Exjoker(m): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2014
princealbashir: OP, you sure they are students going to their schools? because sincerely they look like tourists to me...
Haba these lil kids as tourist with no guardians or thier parents around??...i hail them
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by lonelydora: 8:29am On Sep 23, 2014
That is why after all these, they become problem-solvers. Common rainfall in Port Harcourt, my Aunty will ask her children to stay at home, even when it's her driver that will take them to school. I will make sure she sees this thread.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by princealbashir: 8:45am On Sep 23, 2014
Exjoker: Haba these lil kids as tourist with no guardians or thier parents around??...i hail them

They may be on an excursion or anything, but I don't believe they're on their way to school.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by ochon: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2014
This is really touching. WOW!!
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2014
As little as they are, they are already undergoing this hardship all just to be educated. These look like military training to me, I wouldn't be surprised if they grow up to be tough and fearless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Best Courses VS 20 Worse Courses In NIGERIA / Bowen University Expels 29 Students, Suspends 26 Indefinitely / Epitome Model Islamic Schools Celebrates Nigeria 57th Independence In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.