Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland - Web Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Market / Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland (14189 Views)

I NEED A WEB DESIGNER / Please, I Am Looking For A Web Designer To Create A Website For Me / Are You A Web Designer ? 1gb Of Web Hosting Free For You For Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Curiousmind(m): 11:20am On Sep 13, 2014
Hello

I was just be defrauded this year by a guy I met on nairaland this year. He claimed to be a web designer and I paid him to design some sites and up till 3 months the sites are not yet designed. I will be uploading his details and transactions I had with him
Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Curiousmind(m): 8:33am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Curiousmind(m): 8:34am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by josieboy55(m): 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
y wnt they defraud u , when u re paying 20k for an international dating site tongue . lol

5 Likes

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
Serves you right! There's no good web developer that will accept 20k for a dating site. Hopefully other folks will learn that ridiculously low prices is most likely to be a scam.

6 Likes

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by hilaryiwens05: 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
Guys...am the one designing the website for him. The truth is that I did not defraud him. He payed 5k for me to design an ebook website to balance 5k(total of 10k) and wanted me to use the most amazing looking template from themeforest to design the site. I designed the 1st site and he rejected it so I discard the site.

He asked me to design an autoblogging website for the same price and gave me a site he wants to copy the look. I searched everywhere and got a template which look like the site, I installed it then also the auto blogging pluggin(wp robot) but he wants to to import feeds from cnn, vangard and d rest which wp robot does not support. I got a premium auto blogging pluggin from WPMU DEV

He kept calling me and abusing me and threatening with EFCC. To tell everyone that am a fraud. I explained to him to be patient that I will fix his site soon. I started another site offline but haven't uploaded it becus I have been busy with school. I am writing my exams and I just want to finish my exams be4 I continue with other people jobs I have also. Well I have come out openly to tell me story. Yet I know I have delayed his work, but he keep abusing me and telling me crap about posting me details online and reporting me to EFCC .

8 Likes

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Curiousmind(m): 3:33am On Sep 15, 2014
Is that all u could say? Is 20k not money?
josieboy55: y wnt they defraud u , when u re paying 20k for an international dating site tongue . lol
Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Curiousmind(m): 3:44am On Sep 15, 2014
Hello

So because u were writing ur exams u stopped picking my calls for 1 week right?

That is not an excuse, bring a better excuse because I remembered telling u to refund my cash in other to give another web developer to finish the job but u refused or u don't have a refund policy

The domain name and hosting had been wasting for 3 good months now and I remembered vividly u told me the website will be completed within 14 days but now it is 3 months + still counting and uncompleted

Is that not a bridge of contract?

hilaryiwens05: Guys...am the one designing the website for him. The truth is that I did not defraud him. He payed 5k for me to design an ebook website to balance 5k(total of 10k) and wanted me to use the most amazing looking template from themeforest to design the site. I designed the 1st site and he rejected it so I discard the site.

He asked me to design an autoblogging website for the same price and gave me a site he wants to copy the look. I searched everywhere and got a template which look like the site, I installed it then also the auto blogging pluggin(wp robot) but he wants to to import feeds from cnn, vangard and d rest which wp robot does not support. I got a premium auto blogging pluggin from WPMU DEV

He kept calling me and abusing me and threatening with EFCC. To tell everyone that am a fraud. I explained to him to be patient that I will fix his site soon. I started another site offline but haven't uploaded it becus I have been busy with school. I am writing my exams and I just want to finish my exams be4 I continue with other people jobs I have also. Well I have come out openly to tell me story. Yet I know I have delayed his work, but he keep abusing me and telling me crap about posting me details online and reporting me to EFCC .
Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by surrogatesng: 10:35am On Sep 16, 2014
@OP i am very sorry to say,you sound very much like an Oliver twist.You want to buy the whole world for 20k.I wish you the best of luck

6 Likes

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by micodon(m): 7:57am On Sep 17, 2014
Ebook website: 10K
Auto Blogging Website: 10K
Dating Website: 10K.

You're defrauding the world, dude.

18 Likes

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Vstuffs(m): 10:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by jos4kay: 6:03am On Sep 21, 2014
Web designers should learn from this scenario.

Accepting ridiculously low price for website designs is a SLAP on the profession.

Offering ridiculously low price for website designs is ROBBERY.

Serve both of them RIGHT

10 Likes

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Curiousmind(m): 7:10am On Sep 21, 2014
I never forced him to take the job. So tell me, are you saying he shouldn't refund my money since he didn't do the job?

jos4kay: Web designers should learn from this scenario.

Accepting ridiculously low price for website designs is a SLAP on the profession.

Offering ridiculously low price for website designs is ROBBERY.

Serve both of them RIGHT
Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Curiousmind(m): 7:24am On Sep 21, 2014
What are you ranting about?

Did I force him to take 10k for a website design?

He took my money since 3 months now and he haven't done the job till now and you are here supporting him.

Do they pick 10k on the ground abi na ur papa give me the 10k?

This is money I worked hard for. So somebody stealing my money in disguise as a website designer should not be supported on nairaland by anyone because this might happen to anybody on nairaland.

Webmasters on webmaster forum section on nairaland should frawn at this ugly development.

This is unethical of webmasters, web designers and programmers profession.

I am the victim here or micodon, are you his accompliance.

If you are, pls tell us, how many peoples money have you defrauded on nairaland?

micodon: Ebook website: 10K
Auto Blogging Website: 10K
Dating Website: 10K.

You're defrauding the world, dude.
Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by micodon(m): 9:06am On Sep 21, 2014
Curiousmind: What are you ranting about?

Did I force him to take 10k for a website design?

He took my money since 3 months now and he haven't done the job till now and you are here supporting him.

Do they pick 10k on the ground abi na ur papa give me the 10k?

This is money I worked hard for. So somebody stealing my money in disguise as a website designer should not be supported on nairaland by anyone because this might happen to anybody on nairaland.

Webmasters on webmaster forum section on nairaland should frawn at this ugly development.

This is unethical of webmasters, web designers and programmers profession.

I am the victim here or micodon, are you his accompliance.

If you are, pls tell us, how many peoples money have you defrauded on nairaland?

You are a victim of your greed. If a person offers you a Range Rover Sport for 200K, will you buy?

18 Likes

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by jos4kay: 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
How much did you give this person that you ranting about. Just N5,000. Drop your account number here. And I will repay you. I dont pray to have client like you. #ClientFromHell

17 Likes

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Curiousmind(m): 8:18am On Sep 24, 2014
And do you think refunding my N5000 will pay for my 3 months that was wasted? I pray never to fall a victim of scam again. #ScammerFromHell

jos4kay: How much did you give this person that you ranting about. Just N5,000. Drop your account number here. And I will repay you. I dont pray to have client like you. #ClientFromHell

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Curiousmind(m): 8:21am On Sep 24, 2014
I have learnt a lesson: all that glitters are not gold

micodon:

You are a victim of your greed. If a person offers you a Range Rover Sport for 200K, will you buy?
Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by hilaryiwens05: 10:08am On Sep 24, 2014
i will continue the job on ur website becus i just kept u quiet becus of ur threats.
Curiousmind: I have learnt a lesson: all that glitters are not gold
Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by micodon(m): 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
Curiousmind: I have learnt a lesson: all that glitters are not gold

You should also learn that gold is not cheap

17 Likes

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by jos4kay: 8:05am On Sep 27, 2014
hilaryiwens05: i will continue the job on ur website becus i just kept u quiet becus of ur threats.

Be careful of this guy. Collect your balance before you upload his stuff. If not, na next year you go see am

3 Likes

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Curiousmind(m): 10:36am On Sep 29, 2014
After Hilary wasted my 4 months, no compensation from him or whatsoever and u are here spewing rubbish from ur mouth that I should deposit more money to the 419.

U must be out of ur mind¤ It is only in Nigeria that they celebrate criminals & 419 which is very unfortunate.

I was hoping dat by now the moderator should have intervened on this matter and sanction or ban this 419 parading himself as a web designer to prevent him from scamming more nairalanders¤

Ur post just proof my point that both of u are confirm 419 and I strongly warn nairalanders not to do business with u or him because both of u are birds of the same feather.

There is something I want to tell you today which is a very important virtue for everyone who wish to go far in business.

It is called INTEGRITY. Let me school u on integrity.

Good name is better than riches. For anyone to truly be a success in life and stand out of the crowd, you must by all means live a life of integrity.

Integrity alone as a virtue can bring you before kings and presidents.

This is an ugly encounter I had with Hilary which had to do with a test of integrity and he doesn't have integrity.

Not keeping to your word or being a cheat is the easiest way to remain an average man/woman.

When you reach an agreement with a business partner, strive to keep your own side of the bargain.

You see those men up there? They are men that keep to their words.

When people know you as a person of integrity, you get favours from men.

Banks run after you to loan money to you. There are some business men and women in Nigeria who banks do not require collateral from before they give them loans. Do u know why?

because for those people, their word is their bond. Their words are worth much more than money.

If you must succeed in business, strive to keep to your words at all times, at whatever cost!

Thank you

jos4kay:

Be careful of this guy. Collect your balance before you upload his stuff. If not, na next year you go see am
Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by jos4kay: 11:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
Bros u dey talk too much. A job that ideally worth more than N50,000, you paid N5,000. And you are lecturing about integrity.

It is like buying a Refinery with N5,000, can you see that you are a 419 yourself.

If na me be your designer, I would have written you off as a BAD MARKET very long time ago.

Curiousmind: After Hilary wasted my 4 months, no compensation from him or whatsoever and u are here spewing rubbish from ur mouth that I should deposit more money to the 419.

U must be out of ur mind¤ It is only in Nigeria that they celebrate criminals & 419 which is very unfortunate.

I was hoping dat by now the moderator should have intervened on this matter and sanction or ban this 419 parading himself as a web designer to prevent him from scamming more nairalanders¤

Ur post just proof my point that both of u are confirm 419 and I strongly warn nairalanders not to do business with u or him because both of u are birds of the same feather.

There is something I want to tell you today which is a very important virtue for everyone who wish to go far in business.

It is called INTEGRITY. Let me school u on integrity.

Good name is better than riches. For anyone to truly be a success in life and stand out of the crowd, you must by all means live a life of integrity.

Integrity alone as a virtue can bring you before kings and presidents.

This is an ugly encounter I had with Hilary which had to do with a test of integrity and he doesn't have integrity.

Not keeping to your word or being a cheat is the easiest way to remain an average man/woman.

When you reach an agreement with a business partner, strive to keep your own side of the bargain.

You see those men up there? They are men that keep to their words.

When people know you as a person of integrity, you get favours from men.

Banks run after you to loan money to you. There are some business men and women in Nigeria who banks do not require collateral from before they give them loans. Do u know why?

because for those people, their word is their bond. Their words are worth much more than money.

If you must succeed in business, strive to keep to your words at all times, at whatever cost!

Thank you

10 Likes

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Curiousmind(m): 6:23am On Sep 30, 2014
Guy

U and ur hilary friend na thief. Did hilary charge me N50,000 for his web design? NO, he did not

He charged me N10,000 and I deposited N5,000 and up till now he did not design the site or refund my money.

Nairalanders, is that not FRAUD?

Money wey I work for, na em this boy thief. Everyone reading this pls for ur own good, dont do business with these two crocks parading themselves on nairaland as website designers. Both of them are bad thiefs

If he wasn't a thief, when I told him my price was N10,000, he could have said I don't accept N10,000 fee, try another web designer. Simple

jos4kay: Bros u dey talk too much. A job that ideally worth more than N50,000, you paid N5,000. And you are lecturing about integrity.

It is like buying a Refinery with N5,000, can you see that you are a 419 yourself.

If na me be your designer, I would have written you off as a BAD MARKET very long time ago.

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by phemygee(m): 9:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
@curiousmind, you are the big scam in question here....When people like you look for cheap things up and down. Settle ur crush with him and stop damaging this innocent guy personality. You self too like free things...

6 Likes

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by DukeNija(m): 9:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
Curiousmind: Guy

U and ur hilary friend na thief. Did hilary charge me N50,000 for his web design? NO, he did not

He charged me N10,000 and I deposited N5,000 and up till now he did not design the site or refund my money.

Nairalanders, is that not FRAUD?

Money wey I work for, na em this boy thief. Everyone reading this pls for ur own good, dont do business with these two crocks parading themselves on nairaland as website designers. Both of them are bad thiefs

If he wasn't a thief, when I told him my price was N10,000, he could have said I don't accept N10,000 fee, try another web designer. Simple

Guy you are a big I.diotaaa.
Your foolishness goes from here to Congo.
Take him to EFCC and see who sleeps in jail, you broke-ass nigga. You think you can tarnish someone's image abi? Mumu dey worry you. Hilary is one of the most sincere web designers on nairaland, I know him. Tested and Tried. You for pay 5k to design facebook na? Thief!

12 Likes

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Curiousmind(m): 1:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
@DukeNija, deceitful & shameless animal, answer my question and stop insulting ur father

Question:

Goat, how much did Hilary pay you to post fake testimonial on his behalf on this thread? Nairalanders will like to know how many months it took Hilary to design your one website?

DukeNija:

Guy you are a big I.diotaaa.
Your foolishness goes from here to Congo.
Take him to EFCC and see who sleeps in jail, you broke-ass nigga. You think you can tarnish someone's image abi? Mumu dey worry you. Hilary is one of the most sincere web designers on nairaland, I know him. Tested and Tried. You for pay 5k to design facebook na? Thief!
Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Curiousmind(m): 1:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ur argument is baseless and senseless. Ur 419 friend Hilary defrauded me of my hard earned money since 4 months now and he refused to refund my money for the past 4 months till date and u gat the liver to call me a big scam? U are the most stupidest person on nairaland.

phemygee:
@curiousmind, you are the big scam in question here....When people like you look for cheap things up and down. Settle ur crush with him and stop damaging this innocent guy personality. You self too like free things...
Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by DukeNija(m): 7:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
Curiousmind:
Goat, how much did Hilary pay you to post fake testimonial on his behalf on this thread? Nairalanders will like to know how many months it took Hilary to design your one website?

He paid me the 5k you gave him to build a website for him, Mumugu. Let me tell you, your website will stall, infact there's nothing you can do about it. Bloody riff-raf

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by Curiousmind(m): 3:35am On Oct 06, 2014
Internet 419 Boy

You just confess openly on nairaland to be Hilary accomplice and a thief.

The long arm of the law will catch up with u and Hilary soon.

U and Hilary the thief are the bad eggs that are giving good nigerians bad name and bad reputation because of ur internet scam.

U and Hilary the thief need to flushed out completely and wipe out from Nigeria before u and Hilary the thief destroy the good image of Nigeria.

EFCC are reading this thread and you will soon be traced and arrested via ur ip address.

THIEFS !!! U guys are the ones stealing peoples money on nairaland under false pretence as web designers abi were as u guys are confirm crook and 419.

But guy u get mind oooo, after u and Hilary chop my money finish, u still come gather liver dey call me mugu?

Na ur papa and mama be mugu.

Don't worry, u thiefs will be hunted like animals and arrested soon.

My money u and Hilary stole will hunt u and Hilary generation unborn.

Theif, it will not be well with u and Hilary until u guys refund my money.

No peace for u and Hilary until u and Hilary the thief refund my money now.

No peace for the wicked !!!

DukeNija:

He paid me the 5k you gave him to build a website for him, Mumugu. Let me tell you, your website will stall, infact there's nothing you can do about it. Bloody riff-raf
Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by hilaryiwens05: 7:51am On Oct 06, 2014
Guy pls respect ur self and stop insulting people. DukeNija just let him be. Do u think EFCC will waste dere time trying to trace me becus of 5k. Beside I did u job, u rejected it. I have other people inline. Which I will have to finish be4 coming back to u. U are talking of stealing peoples money. Let me tell u nigga, I have lost d same amount as u here and I didnot give a shit about it becus am bigger than it.

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert ~ involving a Web Designer On Nairaland by jos4kay: 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
Bros no mind him jare.. Maybe he thinks website designing is powerpoint. If I ever done a 5k job for anybody, Na HELP i dey do. The Person no get any RIGHT to reject the job. That's me though.

hilaryiwens05:
Guy pls respect ur self and stop insulting people. DukeNija just let him be. Do u think EFCC will waste dere time trying to trace me becus of 5k. Beside I did u job, u rejected it. I have other people inline. Which I will have to finish be4 coming back to u. U are talking of stealing peoples money. Let me tell u nigga, I have lost d same amount as u here and I didnot give a shit about it becus am bigger than it.

1 Like

(1) (2)

Get The Most Responsive Business/E-commerce Website With Online Payment Modules / Get Any PHP Script You Want / Affordable Website For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.