Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova (32124 Views)

Unizik Loses 500Level Medical Student To Death After Gas Explosion / Trailer Crushes LAUTECH Student To Death (Graphic Photos) / See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
nuttyhnic:

I would not, I would not!!!
Entire Bu11sh1t.

Will they treat an European, American or even someone from Cuba or chile like that?

Oponu, some of your fellow countrymen has sullied your passport to be almost worthless in the international community.

Obviously you haven't travelled or exposed enough to understand this.

But again you apparently missed this part of my post in your idiotic rush to comment "Not excusing the well established horrendous customer service of Egypt Air just stating facts."

Ema je ki oriyin pe kie to ma te keyboard.

Edit: Last month I arrived in Spain with no visa. A guy I met on the plane and I had a 5 hour layover so we decided to go into Madrid for breakfast. He was immediately denied a visa (Nigerian passport) but I was granted one (USA passport) with no question asked other than advising me to be watchful of Madrid traffic so I'm not late for my flight.

This kid did nothing wrong, it's his elders before him that have screwed up our national integrity for him.

15 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
hmmmm, nawa ooo
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by SMALLPENIS(f): 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
I feel insulted!
Egyptians own don finish for my hand!
MODS!!!!!!!!! FRONT PAGE!
NOBODY MUST BOOK EGYPT AIR AGAIN FOR THIS COUNTRY!

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
SMALLPENIS: I feel insulted!
Egyptians own don finish for my hand!
MODS!!!!!!!!! FRONT PAGE!
NOBODY MUST BOOK EGYPT AIR AGAIN FOR THIS COUNTRY!

Nobody must book any flight until the government establishes Nigerian Airways again. It can take them as little as 1 month to get this done if they wanted to.

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by nduk41: 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seee Egypt oooh
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by chumakk: 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
This kind of story will not stop until we fix our country.

8 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2014
The airline is not responsible for accommodation while in transit, that much I know.
however, some airlines provide meal tickets (if you're transiting through the same airline).
I feel for the poor guy, really! sad

some legal steps should be taken, nobody should dehumanixe a 17-year old like that embarassed
He's a minor and some countries would protect him with everything they've got smiley

7 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by soundtruth(m): 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
NCAA should for a start seal off the offices of Egypt Air until investigations concluded and financial compensation paid to the family of the affected.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Eyop: 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
CityNG:

Nobody must book any flight until the government establishes Nigerian Airways again. It can take them as little as 1 month to get this done if they wanted to.

And how's that possible? So what happens to those that have appointments? They should suspend all their appointments for 1 month? How does this sound in your ears? Except you meant to say no one must book Egyptair then good and fine.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Wizcollifa(m): 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
they tore your passport and you didn't even react. I was once slap an SA police because he tried to tear my passport. I Love my country Nigeria that I can die for it.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Eyop: 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
Wizcollifa: they tore your passport and you didn't even react. I was once slap an SA police because he tried to tear my passport. I Love my country Nigeria that I can die for it.

17 years old boy that already went through a lot and you expect him to react? Arabs can be so crazy sometimes and remember that's their territory and one needs to be careful.

10 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
Eyop:

1) And how's that possible?

2) So what happens to those that have appointments?

3) They should suspend all their appointments for 1 month?

4) How does this sound in your ears?

4) Except you meant to say no one must book Egyptair then good and fine.

1) How's what possible? You set up a new airline by contacting with an existing airline company. Any aircraft flying any color can be called Nigerian Airways if they are working as Nigerian Airways. If our leaders are serious any of the existing companies that are flying out of Nigeria will gladly contract out as Nigerian Airways if they will make money for there shareholders.

2) Passengers don't have appointments they have reservations. You can cancel your reservations and even forfeit any money paid. No Pain, No Gain. Fela said it all "we are not suffering enough because no one wants to die to make a change"

3) It doesn't sounds like anything at all in my ears. What it does is that it makes perfect and solid sense to me though. YMMV.

4) I know this may seem strange to you but I actually only type exactly what I mean. I don't write to please people and you're free to disagree with me and even vehemently if you wish or better yet state your OWN opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by free2ryhme: 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2014
Stories like this happens to nigerians because we have a govt that is irresponsible and corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Eyop: 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
CityNG:

1) How's what possible? You set up a new airline by contacting with an existing airline company. Any aircraft flying any color can be called Nigerian Airways if they are working as Nigerian Airways. If our leaders are serious any of the existing companies that are flying out of Nigeria will gladly contract out as Nigerian Airways if they will make money for there shareholders.

2) Passengers don't have appointments they have reservations. You can cancel your reservations and even forfeit any money paid. No Pain, No Gain. Fela said it all "we are not suffering enough because no one wants to die to make a change"

3) It doesn't sounds like anything at all in my ears. What it does is that it makes perfect and solid sense to me though. YMMV.

4) I know this may seem strange to you but I actually only type exactly what I mean. I don't write to please people and you're free to disagree with me and even vehemently if you wish or better yet state your OWN opinion.

My brother, good you mentioned your own opinion because i don't see that happening in Nigeria within 1 month as mentioned by you. The word appointment wasn't related to airline appointments as understood by you but rather business engagement outside the country.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by alotofgrace(m): 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
nuttyhnic:

I would not, I would not!!!
Entire Bu11sh1t.

Will they treat an European, American or even someone from Cuba or chile like that?

If I were to be that 17 year old, that Egyptian airline staff that came to meet me at Lagos airport and talked rudely to my mother, I would have showed him in 1mins how I was treated in his country for days. angry

i can see myself slapping that "egyot" in my mind angry

common egypt.....Nigeria is just too open, unlawfully lawless angry

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by folawiyoma(m): 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
RockMaxi:

What else would you want them to do?
Every thing is under investigation.

Shot up. When reading this don't you feel like they humiliated Nigeria? Am sure you are a bastard for saying what else fool

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
Eyop:

1) My brother, good you mentioned your own opinion because i don't see that happening in Nigeria within 1 month as mentioned by you.

2) The word appointment wasn't related to airline appointments as understood by you but rather business engagement outside the country.

1) Like Fela said, we're not ready for changes. If we are this can be done in a month. We have money in foreign account and I know money makes things happen.

2) I stand corrected and you're right some folks will have appointments, business or otherwise. They can forgo those appointments for the greater good of the country.

Hope you're having a nice evening.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by adonisgold: 6:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
The Tory too long abeg, haba!
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Eyop: 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
CityNG:

1) Like Fela said, we're not ready for changes. If we are this can be done in a month. We have money in foreign account and I know money makes things happen.

2) I stand corrected and you're right some folks will have appointments, business or otherwise. They can forgo those appointments for the greater good of the country.

Hope you're having a nice evening.
My brother this one you are quoting Fela all the time,it seems you love agbami-eda's music so much oooo cheesy grin? I understand your point completely but in Nigeria i don't see that happening within 1 month. The government doesn't care at all and some of them have their own private jets or they hire when travelling out of this country. This is an opportunity to proof a point by using Egyptair as a scapegoat. I wish a very good lawyer can handle this case and bring justice to the Boy and his family so other Airlines could sit-up.

Yeah the evening is cool and we blessed God for that.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
Eyop:
This is an opportunity to proof a point by using Egyptair as a scapegoat. I wish a very good lawyer can handle this case and bring justice to the Boy and his family
my point exactly! So so sad.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
Eyop:
My brother this one you are quoting Fela all the time,it seems you love agbami-eda's music so much oooo cheesy grin? I understand your point completely but in Nigeria i don't see that happening within 1 month. The government doesn't care at all and some of them have their own private jets or they hire when travelling out of this country. This is an opportunity to proof a point by using Egyptair as a scapegoat. I wish a very good lawyer can handle this case and bring justice to the Boy and his family so other Airlines could sit-up.

Yeah the evening is cool and we blessed God for that.

Cheers

I left Nigeria a long time ago, 1986.

Back then Nigeria was still good (in my opinion sha).

We used to sneak out of hostel at night in Ijebu Ode and ride our motorcycle to The Shrine on Friday when Abami Eda was playing.

We'll leave Ijebu Ode on motorcycles at 8PM and come back from Ikeja around 4AM. You can't try that now I understand with all the bad roads (we actually though they were bad back then, little did we know it would get worse).

But yes Nigeria has some fine Lawyers and I hope one them will mount a good case for this poor Boy as he suffered.

PS: One thing is that whoever tore the passport committed a diplomatic crime against Nigeria. Our passports actually belong to the government and must be surrendered when requested. All they could do is stamp cancelled on their visas (if any) and have no right to tear it. The Nigerian Ambassador should protest over there and the Minister of Foreign Affairs should call the Egyptian Ambassador in over here to explain.

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Eyop: 7:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
CityNG:

I left Nigeria a long time ago, 1986.

Back then Nigeria was still good (in my opinion sha).

We used to sneak out of hostel at night in Ijebu Ode and ride our motorcycle to The Shrine on Friday when Abami Eda was playing.

We'll leave Ijebu Ode on motorcycles at 8PM and come back from Ikeja around 4AM. You can't try that now I understand with all the bad roads (we actually though they were bad back then, little did we know it would get worse).

But yes Nigeria has some fine Lawyers and I hope one them will mount a good case for this poor Boy as he suffered.

PS: One thing is that whoever tore the passport committed a diplomatic crime against Nigeria. Our passports actually belong to the government and must be surrendered when requested. All they could do is stamp cancelled on their visas (if any) and have no right to tear it. The Nigerian Ambassador should protest over there and the Minister of Foreign Affairs should call the Egyptian Ambassador in over here to explain.

Wow!! Yeah Nigeria was good then and all those things you did cannot be tried now due to the level of security in the country and bad roads. Yes agreed that in Nigeria we have good lawyers that can handle this case and bring justice to the boy and his family.I also hope the family of the boy are seeing to this. @ the emboldened,i completely again agree with you and this is another case that should be of great interest for the Nigerian government even if they are reluctant to follow up on the humiliation Egyptair made the poor boy go through. This is also the part that i detest the Nigerian government because when you need them to take action and proof a point is when you are totally disregarded. Moderators (Richiez, olawalebabs, Fynestboi) this deserves front page...
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by CoCoLav(f): 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
This brought tears to my eyes

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by RockMaxi: 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
folawiyoma:

Shot up. When reading this don't you feel like they humiliated Nigeria? Am sure you are a bastard for saying what else fool

Why the name calling? I won't dignify you further.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Haywhymido(m): 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
It a pity, hope dey wont sweep dis under d carpet
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by folawiyoma(m): 8:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
RockMaxi:

Why the name calling? I won't dignify you further.

Behave
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by RockMaxi: 8:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
folawiyoma:

Behave

grin grin grin
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by RockMaxi: 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
folawiyoma:

Behave

grin grin grin Mr. Folawiyo
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by folawiyoma(m): 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
RockMaxi:

grin grin grin Mr. Folawiyo

You need.

1. A slap
2. A job
3. A Mouth Action

?? Or what?
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by folawiyoma(m): 8:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
You need.

1. A slap
2. A job
3. A Mouth Action

?? Or what?
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by UjSizzle(f): 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
Poor kid. It's quite unfortunate you're Nigerian and have to live with the terrible legacy your predecessors left behind.

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by TeamclicksAir: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2014
Terrible

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Funaab,erects A Billboard To Announce The Banning Of Niqab (face Veil) / Abisoye Ajayi-akinfolarin Wins CNN Heroes Awards 2018!!! Makes Nigeria Proud!!!! / Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.