Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 (51429 Views)

NYSC BATCH C 2014 AKWA-IBOM CORPERS...lets Meet Here!!!! / NYSC Batch C 2014 Online Registration Better and stress free / Batch C 2014 Mobilisation Time Table (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by stevic1(m): 9:12am On Sep 15, 2014
@iamayodeji pls wher can I get d pin? Cos ve bin to 1st bank n I was told dey ve nt heard anytin like dat. Pls wil b waiting for u response tnxx
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by chrisexy(m): 9:34am On Sep 15, 2014
I see no reason why we should worry over something that obviously wasn't our fault. We couldn't edit the Date of Birth during the registration. I'm sure whoever is in charge of that is aware of the malfunctioning of their system and wouldn't blame any prospective corp members for it.
Spending more money to get the waec scratch card is just a waste of money. If anybody should rectify it, then they have to be the ones to do that because the error is from them.
My Day of birth was changed from 14th to 1st, and I wasn't bothered about it because like I said, there was nothing I could do about it. It was later that I even realised that many people had the same problem. Panicking over little things like this is detrimental to your well-being. Just relax, it won't stop you from being mobilised.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by celestar(m): 10:09am On Sep 15, 2014
Just hope that some would relay all these contributions to NYSC... My candid opinion is that NYSC should make provision for correction of date and month of birth only because most issues people have lies within the date and month.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by gorgeousnogo(f): 10:22am On Sep 15, 2014
@op and everyone, i made a mistake while registering online. My email address which is (....@gmail.com) was wrongly entered. Instead of 'gmail', i entered 'gmal'. I omitted the 'i'. I'm yet to get an email message that my registration is complete and i think this must be the cause. Is there anyway i can correct it?
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 15, 2014
stevic1: @iamayodeji pls wher can I get d pin? Cos ve bin to 1st bank n I was told dey ve nt heard anytin like dat. Pls wil b waiting for u response tnxx

Firstbank is the only authorized seller of the waec verification pin so they shouldnt have said they dont know, also, i hope you didnt ask for nysc date of birth changing pin. And what branch of first bank did you check?. You can check out a list of available branches here:

http://www.waeconline.org.ng/verification/

Another option is to download the waec verification application on your android phone, you can then purchase the pin online through your ATM card.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 15, 2014
gorgeousnogo: @op and everyone, i made a mistake while registering online. My email address which is (....@gmail.com) was wrongly entered. Instead of 'gmail', i entered 'gmal'. I omitted the 'i'. I'm yet to get an email message that my registration is complete and i think this must be the cause. Is there anyway i can correct it?

I strongly advise you to re-register using the correct email, your full-data has not been recognized yet by NYSC since you have not done the biometric, passport, jamb number etc.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 15, 2014
Kwadoli: @admin i fill my course correctly and i even cross checked it before submission but after submission i saw sumtin else

This is a new development, there hasnt been any case of wrong course coming out until your own, I guess you didn't check it properly during the preview, it must have been an error from your side.

However, if you insist that you did everything right , then it means that we have to add another problem to the error list of the NYSC online registration.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by castrol180(m): 11:15am On Sep 15, 2014
NYSC is trying to make unecessary money from the prospective corpers and how can someone of 1989 be altered to 1979 that is ten years different and this is what is on the WAEC result and JAMB record but it was so amazing seeing this kind of enormous difference in age issue by the so called NYSC and this kind of person will still be allowed to pay extra money of verification PIN. This is unjust as whoever keep quiet at the face of injustice is being prepared for the hottest part of hellfire...
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 15, 2014
Johncuppa:
alright, tank u.
You welcome boss...
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 15, 2014
chrisexy: I see no reason why we should worry over something that obviously wasn't our fault. We couldn't edit the Date of Birth during the registration. I'm sure whoever is in charge of that is aware of the malfunctioning of their system and wouldn't blame any prospective corp members for it.
Spending more money to get the waec scratch card is just a waste of money. If anybody should rectify it, then they have to be the ones to do that because the error is from them.
My Day of birth was changed from 14th to 1st, and I wasn't bothered about it because like I said, there was nothing I could do about it. It was later that I even realised that many people had the same problem. Panicking over little things like this is detrimental to your well-being. Just relax, it won't stop you from being mobilised.
On point... NYSC even agreed not to use the DOB generated from JAMB database this batch. They hope to have rectify the whole system issues before batch A 2015 and then make use of the system-generated datas.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Kwadoli: 11:29am On Sep 15, 2014
@admin am vry sure i did evrytin ryt. I jus want to kno if dis wil affect me in camp?
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 15, 2014
castrol180: NYSC is trying to make unecessary money from the prospective corpers and how can someone of 1989 be altered to 1979 that is ten years different and this is what is on the WAEC result and JAMB record but it was so amazing seeing this kind of enormous difference in age issue by the so called NYSC and this kind of person will still be allowed to pay extra money of verification PIN. This is unjust as whoever keep quiet at the face of injustice is being prepared for the hottest part of hellfire...
mehn! Thats a huge difference i think. I dont think paying the #300 will even change that since its what you have on ur WAEC also. I guess its advisable to just visit any jamb office near you.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by gorgeousnogo(f): 11:33am On Sep 15, 2014
iamayodeji:

I strongly advise you to re-register using the correct email, your full-data has not been recognized yet by NYSC since you have not done the biometric, passport, jamb number etc.
i have done all that and even printed coloured slip. I realised d mistake after registering and printing
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by castrol180(m): 11:34am On Sep 15, 2014
castrol180: NYSC is trying to make unecessary money from the prospective corpers and how can someone of 1989 be altered to 1979 that is ten years different and this is what is on the WAEC result and JAMB record but it was so amazing seeing this kind of enormous difference in age issue by the so called NYSC and this kind of person will still be allowed to pay extra money of verification PIN. This is unjust as whoever keep quiet at the face of injustice is being prepared for the hottest part of hellfire...

And for those who have submitted the erroneous copy online and to their respective schools what is their options...

1 Like

Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 15, 2014
iamayodeji:

the post above suggest he has done all that(biometric & passport). So its so impossible to re-register.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 15, 2014
castrol180:

And for those who have submitted the erroneous copy online and to their respective schools what is their options...
They should wait for their Letter of Exemption.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 15, 2014
gorgeousnogo: i have done all that and even printed coloured slip. I realised d mistake after registering and printing
Shoot nyscsupport@sidmach.com a mail explaining in detail what you put on here. They will ask for your jamb reg no and input the correct email for you. Did you pay the #4000?
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 15, 2014
Kwadoli: @admin am vry sure i did evrytin ryt. I jus want to kno if dis wil affect me in camp?

As long as you are mobilized, you don't have any problem. However, you have to make complaint as soon as you get to camp so as not to have wrong information on your certificate.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 15, 2014
iamayodeji:

Firstbank is the only authorized seller of the waec verification pin so they shouldnt have said they dont know, also, i hope you didnt ask for nysc date of birth changing pin. And what branch of first bank did you check?.

Another option is to download the waec verification application on your android phone, you can then purchase the pin online through your ATM card.
They might actually not know. Not all branches are 'authorised' to sell the pin. He should visit the website below to check for the branch that sells in his/her area and the name of the officer in charge...

http://www.waeconline.org.ng/verification/
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 15, 2014
sodiqyinka: Shoot nyscsupport@sidmach.com a mail explaining in detail what you put on here. They will ask for your jamb reg no and input the correct email for you. Did you pay the #4000?

Thats a good suggestion. I am not sure the email will be used that much except one pays for the 4000, i dont think its a big issue anyway, they can just change the email from the database(that is if they are willing to help).
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 15, 2014
Kwadoli: @admin am vry sure i did evrytin ryt. I jus want to kno if dis wil affect me in camp?
Bro, it definitely will. Reason been that ur school will send another data of you. And ur department is very important to NYSC. You should know they have their reasons for why they attach it to anything that concerns you even before they started the online registration thingy. I'd advise you send a mail to nyscsupport@sidmach.com and they will help you input the correct department if they are able to verify ur claim. In this era of Info matching, its not advisable you live this kind of error to chance... Bless!
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 15, 2014
iamayodeji:

Thats a good suggestion. I am not sure the email will be used that much except one pays for the 4000, i dont think its a big issue anyway, they can just change the email from the database(that is if they are willing to help).
They definitely will. Its a self-made error. It has nothing to do with what they have on their database. And it matters not if you or didnt pay the 4k.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 15, 2014
celestar: Just hope that some would relay all these contributions to NYSC... My candid opinion is that NYSC should make provision for correction of date and month of birth only because most issues people have lies within the date and month.
It wont stop anyone from been mobilized this batch. Just make sure your school send in the right data of you. For any error on their side will cost you dearly. No correction list this time around.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by PrettyPhine(f): 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
Plz how do I change my state of origin. Nysc entered a fixed and wrong state of origin for me. I hope it wont affect me in anyway, because other of my documents bear a different state of origin. *just worried*
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
PrettyPhine: Plz how do I change my state of origin. Nysc entered a fixed and wrong state of origin for me. I hope it wont affect me in anyway, because other of my documents bear a different state of origin. *just worried*

Dont be worried, it is a general problem and you are not the only one that has that issue. NYSC is fully aware of the discrepancy and we hope they will come up with a useful solution anytime soon.

Until then, I will advise that you ensure that your school sends the right information along with your result, that is what counts at the end.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by gorgeousnogo(f): 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
sodiqyinka: Shoot nyscsupport@sidmach.com a mail explaining in detail what you put on here. They will ask for your jamb reg no and input the correct email for you. Did you pay the #4000?
no, i didn't pay the 4k. I emailed d nysc support the day i registered. Stil no reply
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
PrettyPhine: Plz how do I change my state of origin. Nysc entered a fixed and wrong state of origin for me. I hope it wont affect me in anyway, because other of my documents bear a different state of origin. *just worried*
You will be able to edit this directly from jamb before the end of this week. Just stay around for more info as i want to get hold of how it will work. So, take a chill pill.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
gorgeousnogo: no, i didn't pay the 4k. I emailed d nysc support the day i registered. Stil no reply
Wait for it. They will reply ur mail. They have alot of them to deal with at the moment.
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by gorgeousnogo(f): 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
sodiqyinka: Wait for it. They will reply ur mail. They have alot of them to deal with at the moment.
okay. Thanks 4 ur time
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
gorgeousnogo: okay. Thanks 4 ur time
You welcome...
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
Here is the info on how you will go about editing your data directly from jamb website:
1. Go to www.jamb.org.ng

2. Click on your exam year; you will see different options on the exam year dashboard.

3. Click on amend data( Regularized candidates only); it will take you to another page.

4. Input your Jamb registration number on this page and click validate; it will take you to another page.

5. You will then be able to edit the following: Order of names, State of Origin and Local Government, Date of Birth and so on.

P.S: Its advisable we give it little time for they are still working on the site. And yes, it will automatically update the errors on the NYSC website. God help us all. Bless
Re: How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 by Johncuppa(m): 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
sodiqyinka: You welcome boss...
pls, ow much is d reg. Cos my frends told me they did theirs wt jst #400 bt here in lagos at ikotun, I was told it's 1k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna / Kano Corper Who Returns A Favour To A Maize Seller, Gets A Call From NYSC DG / Rochas Okorocha Gives N10,000 To Corpers Who Passed Out Today In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.