Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 (995 Views)

As An Igbo Man Rule Number 9 Update Was Better Late Than Never Made / Nairaland Rule#9 Discrimination Against A Section Of Nigeria. - My Opinion / Nairaland Rule 2 Update: My View. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by egift(m): 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
Attn: Seun, Afam4eva, Ngwakwe, OAM4J, Ikenna351

Thank you all for the efforts to keep Nairaland on a path of decency and growth. As members, we will keep doing whatever we can to keep making useful suggestions, contributions and ideas to keep Nairaland at the top.

I wish to make a suggestion on the Nairaland Rule:

Rule 22: Don't edit anyone's post when you quote it. Penalty, 30 Days Ban

Explanation:
It is becoming common for some members who don't like you for whatever the reason, to quote your post, rewrite it entirely or in part to completely mean something else, and then write "FIXED".

This goes against all sensibility. Members have the right to make their opinion within the rules of the forum. Remember also "Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland".

It is therefore wrong for anyone to rewrite our comments in anyway. Even in a case of typographical or grammatical error! If you disagree with the member or wish to correct them, quote the post and write your own comment outside the quote.

While you can quote in part(s), highlight portions of the quote for emphasis, it should become a very big offense to be seen rewriting anyone's post on Nairaland.

Regards,
EGIFT

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by dejt4u(m): 3:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
Counter-opinion..#Loading
Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by MalcoImX: 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
Very unethical.

1 Like

Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by Brahms(m): 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2014
egift: Attn: Seun, Afam4eva, Ngwakwe, OAM4J, Ikenna351

Thank you all for the efforts to keep Nairaland on a path of decency and growth. As members, we will keep doing whatever we can to keep making useful suggestions, contributions and ideas to keep Nairaland at the top.

I wish to make a suggestion on the Nairaland Rule:

Rule 22: Don't edit anyone's post when you quote it. Penalty, 30 Days Ban

Explanation:
It is becoming common for some members who don't like you for whatever the reason, to quote your post, rewrite it entirely or in part to completely mean something else, and then write "FIXED".

This goes against all sensibility. Members have the right to make their opinion within the rules of the forum. Remember also "Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland".

It is therefore wrong for anyone to rewrite our comments in anyway. Even in a case of typographical or grammatical error! If you disagree with the member or wish to correct them, quote the post and write your own comment outside the quote.

While you can quote in part(s), highlight portions of the quote for emphasis, it should become a very big offense to be seen rewriting anyone's post on Nairaland.

Regards,
EGIFT

Seconded.

2 Likes

Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by chiefinalowo: 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
Supported

1 Like

Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by Leetunechi: 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
Dude

your original post is still there.no course for alarm
Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by egift(m): 4:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
Omexonomy: If so then how ar we to return the insult from shildren of collective anger those APC who love to throw tantrums at every opportunity.
E.g

For the sake of this thread, let me explain:
When someone insult, you can report to the Mod. If you wish to go into mud slugging and commit the same offense you condemn the person for, you have to quote the person and post your own insult different (outside the quoted text). You have know right whatsoever to rewrite the person's content. (Even in a case of typographical error, like in your text in bold).
Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by BOAR: 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
+ one
Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by egift(m): 4:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Leetunechi: Dude

your original post is still there.no course for alarm

No body has the right to quote you and rewrite it. They are attributing to you what you did not say. It is not just a copyright infringement, it is misrepresentation, making you liable to their comments, and quoting you out of context - which are all criminal offenses. If you have response to any post, just quote it and make your comment. Don't rewrite it to change what they said.

Scroll to the end of this page and read the very last text there. Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by Leetunechi: 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
egift:

No body has the right to quote you and rewrite it. They are attributing to you what you did not say. It is not just a copyright infringement, it is misrepresentation, making you liable to their comments, and quoting you out of context - which are all criminal offenses. If you have response to any post, just quote it and make your comment. Don't rewrite it to change what they said.

Scroll to the end of this page and read the very last text there. Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.

cheesy cheesy

you are right..but i cant sign up for this movement..because i also rewrite post when the comment seems offensive to me grin
Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by Omexonomy: 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
egift:

For the sake of this thread, let me explain:
When someone insult, you can report to the Mod. If you wish to go into mud slugging and commit the same offense you condemn the person for, you have to quote the person and post your own insult different (outside the quoted text). You have know right whatsoever to rewrite the person's content. (Even in a case of typographical error, like in your text in bold).
if i should report the shildren of collective anger to the mods the APC and their minions in nairaland knows how to blackmail mukina2 and seun to unban them so why must i report them to the mods?
Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by egopersonified(f): 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
Op, sometimes a post is so long and I would want to quote a particular part and comment on it, so your rule would make it wrong for me to delete other parts of the post that I am not interested in. And you just did what you are complaining about on someone's post just now by highlighting some words. Everything has its advan and disadv, as long as the advan outweighs the disadv, then its okay to leave out this rule 22. Like someone said, your original post is always there, even in a court of law, I dont think anyone can hold it against you.

1 Like

Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
Omexonomy: If so then how ar we to return the insult from shildren of collective anger those APC who love to throw tantrums at every opportunity.
E.g
fooool!!! You didn't know what you said before I attacked you back? You still remain a product of sex for favour.

Idiott!

2 Likes

Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by chiefinalowo: 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
berem: fooool!!! You didn't know what you said before I attacked you back? You still remain a product of sex for favour.

Idiott!

Yepa!
Omexonomy, see yourself
Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by MalcoImX: 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
egopersonified: Op, sometimes a post is so long and I would want to quote a particular part and comment on it, so your rule would make it wrong for me to delete other parts of the post that I am not interested in. And you just did what you are complaining about on someone's post just now by highlighting some words. Everything has its advan and disadv, as long as the advan outweighs the disadv, then its okay to leave out this rule 22. Like someone said, your original post is always there, even in a court of law, I dont think anyone can hold it against you.
Quoting part of someone's written work is acceptable as long as you don't change the wordings or impute wrongly what the original writer meant.
Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by egift(m): 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
egopersonified: Op, sometimes a post is so long and I w[b]ould want to quote a particular part and comment on it, so your rule would make it wrong for me to delete other parts of the post that I am not interested in. And you just did what you are complaining about on someone's post just now by highlighting some words.[/b] Everything has its advan and disadv, as long as the advan outweighs the disadv, then its okay to leave out this rule 22. Like someone said, your original post is always there, even in a court of law, I dont think anyone can hold it against you.

At bold, please read what I wrote:

egift: While you can quote in part(s), highlight portions of the quote for emphasis, it should become a very big offense to be seen rewriting anyone's post on Nairaland.
Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by egift(m): 5:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
chiefinalowo: Yepa!
Omexonomy, see yourself

That was what happened. That was why I started "For the sake of this thread". I did not want to inform him that the post was actually a reply to an insult he directed to her. And even if you want to respond in kind, the member should quote and make his own comment instead or rewriting the original post. Just make your post separate.
Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by JEITO: 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2014
Janja.weedsgrin
Re: Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22 by dejt4u(m): 6:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
Adebayour26: here I am
welcome!

(1) (Reply)

South African Government Releases The Impounded Aircraft / 10 Conspiracy Theories About Ebola / A Must Read........How Jonathan Got His Groove Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.