Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,659 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? (14823 Views)

Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? / Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? / : Had Surgery To Prevent Pregnancy - Now Couple Wants More Kids: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by kennz(f): 6:18am On Sep 14, 2014
[quote
author=effisyman]The struggles of 9 months pregnancy and "delivery
pains" is more than enough reason to want few children.

Add the Nigerian economic situation and how easy to make money versus
cost of living, the answer is very clear.

So, one wonder why some women after 3-4 kids still wants more embarassed

Abi is there a reward for having plenty kids nii?[/quote]

To me its foolish reasoning.som says it cos if one dies odas fits in.
As for me,two kids s kool..Am l creating nw community ??

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Chidexter(m): 6:19am On Sep 14, 2014
Different strokes for different folks
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Suxes(m): 6:20am On Sep 14, 2014
If my wife don born three, i go Just stat to dey use condom ni.
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by sCross: 6:21am On Sep 14, 2014
Suxes: If my wife don born three, i go Just stat to dey use condom ni.

vasectomy is surer.
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Ayuba07(m): 6:22am On Sep 14, 2014
Some women biliv dat aving 4 kids u ar still a barren, Bcoz day no say day av some baddest witchs, wizards, dead and diseases in deir family which might claimed some, no 1 can tell, may God safe us shar!!
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Suxes(m): 6:23am On Sep 14, 2014
sCross:

vasectomy is surer.

that is she agrees to it. But u know that women cud b so deceptive, so dont trust them on that.
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Atmmachine(m): 6:30am On Sep 14, 2014
It's because she's not the one to feed those numerous children grin grin grin

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Atmmachine(m): 6:32am On Sep 14, 2014
Their hole dey itch them all the time grin cheesy grin cheesy

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 14, 2014
FrankySnow: I sometimes wonder why too, it's not easy to push one child yet some people will still be getting pregnant even after 4 kids.

God no go let person see bad thing o, 2 kids don do.
I love kids. I don't mind having six.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by KelvinGraphics(m): 6:42am On Sep 14, 2014
FrankySnow: I sometimes wonder why too, it's not easy to push one child yet some people will still be getting pregnant even after 4 kids.

God no go let person see bad thing o, 2 kids don do.
Some people U said sha.

E get some people wey Child delivery dey very easy 4.
Especially all these Hausa women.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by bootstrap(m): 6:44am On Sep 14, 2014
This is one of those questions that do not hv a definite answer. Its akin to asking why we all behave the way we do.... male and female.

One thing we must know and appreciate is how masterful God (nature, whatever u believe in) is. Simple answer.... its just the wiring.

I mean, I female baby, even when an only child wld generally start playing with dulls at a very early age, even when they are other toys to play with. Just like the boy child wld prefer the guns and or the cars (atleast in most cases sha)

Once in a while... some pples wiring are off..... but for the greater part, women are wired to love kids, and most often one or two arnt just enough.
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 14, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
Some people U said sha.

E get some people wey Child delivery dey very easy 4.
Especially all these Hausa women.
grin grin

Different strokes for different folks abi how them dey speak that engrishh grin you know say I nor go school. tongue

Happy Sunday Kelvin. Make I nor late for mass o.
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by zeb04(f): 6:52am On Sep 14, 2014
urhoboman: Am not too sure its women that wants more kids. Some do, but on the side of men they lack family planning and always produce more through women. Nowadays women will tell you they are OK with two kids, but its never the case, they ends up with 5 to 6.
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by KelvinGraphics(m): 7:00am On Sep 14, 2014
FrankySnow: grin grin

Different strokes for different folks abi how them dey speak that engrishh grin you know say I nor go school. tongue

Happy Sunday Kelvin. Make I nor late for mass o.
U get am right jare.grin

Abeg U no go go late 4 mass kuz of me jare..
Abeg just manage this good morning kiss while it last kisskisskissand abeg no 4get to add me 4 ur Mass Request List o.
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:02am On Sep 14, 2014
I don't know about women wanting more kids....for me, two kids are too many self.

The nine months stress, pushing stress, episiotomy stress, sleepless night stress, shopping stress, big stomach stress, adding weight stress, struggling to reduce weight stress, a man cheating on you because you are pregnant or just put to birth,or stomach is too big or you have adding weight, or you are not giving him enough attention stress, owugwu stress, hot water bath stress, etc.

I am really grateful to God for my two kids and i don't want any more....ever!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 14, 2014
If you can afford it, pls do have as many kids as possible because no one knows those that would survive war, book haram, Ebola, HIV, cancer, plane crash etc etc.
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 14, 2014
I pray to have six of them! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 14, 2014
Joavid: I pray to have six of them! cheesy
Six as in 6? shocked shocked
I'm officially in awe of you
How are you gonna do it?

Having 6 children is like a bad trip
I can only imagine the severe lack of space that will drive me out of the house and possibly out of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Haryoryhemie(f): 8:11am On Sep 14, 2014
I remember a frnd back in secondary school days, she wasn't d first child but she has 8 younger one's (5girls,3boys), whenever I goes to her home to borrow notebook, her younger one's will keeping tasking "Auntie, buy me dis, buy me dat" and I will end up promising them things which I will later give them. But when I realised dis was affecting my chop money, I stopped going there and dis was d same time my frnd noticed DAT she has lost all her friends to her siblings tasking...........Having more than enough kids can be so frustrating cos d kids will never get satisfied except u are extremely rich, also d mother tends to look older than her age. There is nothing amusing in d labour room, why turn it to a place of frequent visit?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Gloria3389(f): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2014
akinladejo: I once met a woman that said if a woman did not given birth to all babies in her womb it will worry and disturb her health later in d future.hence she kept on given birth.
gringringringringringringringrin
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by ghettodreamz(m): 8:19am On Sep 14, 2014
More kids, more burden to carry. It baffles me though, so many people are more concerned about giving birth to as many as possible number with little or no adequate plans on how to take care of their welfare. I strongly believe there is more to marriage, and life itself than just giving birth to kids.
When you don't plan well for your unborn or kids, who are you leaving those responsibilities to?

Yoruba people will say "Iran meji ko gbodo t'osi" (Two generations mustn't be wretched).

If you keep giving birth for the fun of it or solely for the joy that comes with motherhood without adequate plans for your kids, catering for their well-being, future and all that, then sooner or later those kids would challenged you why you'd brought them to the world without planning for them.
Even if it's just a kid or 2, kid is kid, what matter most is having a great and glorious one, that would achieve greatness that surpasses his/her parents'. And it is such types of kids people need to be praying for, and not just giving birth for the sake of it, or to contribute to the already humongous human population that is growing day in day out exponentially.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Olanireti(m): 8:20am On Sep 14, 2014
Jamean: To me it's sheer greed and self-centredness. (You born? Yes plenty pikin, as God give me)

Even if you have the means to care for many children, why have a battalion by yourself when you can have very few and still reachout to 1,001 orphans and hopeless children through adoption and care.

Many children (especially from one mother) really puts me off.
. U took d words out of my mouth. I like it 1 million times. Dis is d kind of lady i like 2marry dt has same mentality as mine. Dia is no oda thing i hate as plenty children creating poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by am0s(m): 8:22am On Sep 14, 2014
leme tell u somtin ...
Nigerian women dont labour @all...
dey r very powerful wen it coms to child bearin....
all dose movies wey dem dey act for nolllywood na total lie
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 14, 2014
GUDMORNING ALL..
CHILDREN ARE BLESSING ....BUT THEY can be source of PAIN...and CURSE to d the family and entire nation at large.
D WORST dat can happen to any FATHER, is the inability of his capabilities to TRAIN dz CHILDREN...dats where our HOLY BIBLE comes in...calling them WORSE DAN INFIDEL.
D ABOVE POST will be VOID if the aforesaid child is an ORPHAN.
D CHANCES of giving BIRTH to a slowpoke or NONENTITY usually starts with d 5th BIRTH ..especially wen d family is POOR or near POVERTY.
REASONS Y WOMEN WANT MANY CHILDREN DEPENDS on their social classes.
4D POOR .../LOWER CLASS.
1)dey want to challenge their mothers' record.

2)dey want to beat their neighbours record...

3)dey start early since dey are not well enlightened ...thereby producing family tree.

4)dey only believe CHILDREN ARE SOLELY GOD'S. GIFT..4getting the ROLE their MEN play in PREGNANCY. (IGNORANCE).

5)MOST MEN of this class are STUBBORN and IGNORANT and will neva submit themselves to FAMILY PLANNING.
6)Dey seee WOMEN as SACK BAGS....

REASONS FOR UPPER CLASS INCLUDE.....
1.) A well REVERED TRADITIONAL RULER with enough asessts..

2) ...D man is WEALTHY but unfortunately the ONLY SON/CHILD in the entire extended family(rare)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 14, 2014
kayciano: GUDMORNING ALL..
CHILDREN ARE BLESSING ....BUT THEY can be source of PAIN...and CURSE to d the family and entire nation at large.
D WORST dat can happen to any FATHER, is the inability of his capabilities to TRAIN dz CHILDREN...dats where our HOLY BIBLE comes in...calling them WORSE DAN INFIDEL.
D ABOVE POST will be VOID if the aforesaid child is an ORPHAN.
D CHANCES of giving BIRTH to a slowpoke or NONENTITY usually starts with d 5th BIRTH ..especially wen d family is POOR or near POVERTY.
REASONS Y WOMEN WANT MANY CHILDREN DEPENDS on their social classes.
4D POOR .../LOWER CLASS.
1)dey want to challenge their mothers' record.

2)dey want to beat their neighbours record...

3)dey start early since dey are not well enlightened ...thereby producing family tree.

4)dey only believe CHILDREN ARE SOLELY GOD'S. GIFT..4getting the ROLE their MEN play in PREGNANCY. (IGNORANCE).

5)MOST MEN of this class are STUBBORN and IGNORANT and will neva submit themselves to FAMILY PLANNING.
6)Dey seee WOMEN as SACK BAGS....

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by krystal101(f): 8:32am On Sep 14, 2014
There's nothing wrong with the question, & those involved will answer.
Some of you just like to form ITK

EfemenaXY:

Why not ask them directly?
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by EfemenaXY: 8:38am On Sep 14, 2014
krystal101: There's nothing wrong with the question, & those involved will answer.
Some of you just like to form ITK

Did I say/write that there's anything wrong with his question?

Who's making the ITK assumptions here?
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 14, 2014
gift01: That thing dey scratch dem (man and woman)
Go itch them grin
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 14, 2014
Joavid: I pray to have six of them! cheesy
on how much?
Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Tex42(m): 8:55am On Sep 14, 2014
Davijunson: Have them many, yu neva myt know wch of dem would become a future DANGOTE
And u neva know which of dem would become Anini,Derico,Shekau...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 14, 2014
It's only lazy people that keep complaining about giving birth to many kids. Like I said earlier, anybody that can afford to should give birth to as many kids as possible. However, if you know you are too lazy to cater for many kids, pls have few of them or non at all. I have seen many poor parents with just few offspring, likewise I have seen many rich parents with many offspring. Also, having fewer kids does not guarantee longer life, much as having many kids does not necessarily imply having a shorter lifespan. You must not give your children everything in life aside the basics, otherwise, the next generation might become a lazy one where men and women cease to work hard to keep the universe active. What a dead generation that would be. I can go on and on but let me stop here for now, I'm sure my points are clear enough.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

♥ 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother ♥ / Omg / Bride Price; What Purpose? Who Benefits?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.