Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence (23350 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence / Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Mavrick2012: 7:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
Macelliot:
Thanks alot!
Obviously, I can't conclude on whether the Heart can think or not due to many unclear circumstances.
What's ur own view of it?
goodevenig sir,its nice to hear from you again.
first,i will like to thank you for affording/stimulating me to make more resarch about the heart.Thats why i like nairaland.
To your question,drawing from the humble explorations i made about the heart,honestly their was relative silence about the ability of the heart to think.That was why i refused to authoritatively declear you wrong,but only demanded for widely accepted source(s).
Sir,i will advice you briefly go through the first passage of "history of neuroscience" on wikipedea.
Sir,i still have more questions to ask you about the bible
Thank you sir.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 17, 2014
macof:
Read my post again. You didn't get it

Every man must have faith, it's our nature.
But then question ur faith once in a while to achieve a better understanding on wat the whole concept is about, u could even realize u understand it better than where you first heard it from.

The Christian mind doesn't question the Christian dogmas, hence there's no guarantee that this is truth either by logic or experience which prompts me to tag the Christian belief as Hope rather than faith

What Faith can be more than this "its has been Written and I believe". I always like to conclude issue like this with this word "Pray very Hard that you will not need the Miracle of that God which you never Believe his Existence"
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
Mavrick2012:
goodevenig sir,its nice to hear from you again.
first,i will like to thank you for affording/stimulating me to make more resarch about the heart.Thats why i like nairaland.
To your question,drawing from the humble explorations i made about the heart,honestly their was relative silence about the ability of the heart to think.That was why i refused to authoritatively declear you wrong,but only demanded for widely accepted source(s).
Sir,i will advice you briefly go through the first passage of "history of neuroscience" on wikipedea.
Sir,i still have more questions to ask you about the bible
Thank you sir.
That's educative!
You can ask your questions, but note that am not a Bible Scholar.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
macof:
Yes, that's the beauty of science and spirituality. It is progressive, the universe is so vast that we need to keep searching and keep growing in consciousness

While religion is fixed, the religious mind doesn't care for knowledge because he is forced to settle for the dogmas of his religion as fixed centuries ago
Another delusions from a confused Pagan!
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Zikdik(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
PenSniper:

Hell was created exactly for mockers like you. You are destined to discover the truth when it shall be too late for you to make amends.
The threat of hell is the reason I would never be a Christian. The very thought of the idea of subjecting a person to eternal torture for rejecting a way of life out of 'freewill' is galling to any sane and sound mind.

1 Like

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by PenSniper: 9:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
Zikdik:
The threat of hell is the reason I would never be a Christian. The very thought of the idea of subjecting a person to eternal torture for rejecting a way of life out of 'freewill' is galling to any sane and sound mind.

Okay, but (1) what about killing someone for rejecting a way of life - doesnt that sound galling ? (2) Do you believe in the existence of hell ? If you dont, ok, i will drop the debate. But if you do would you not wonder why it was created ?
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Zikdik(m): 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
PenSniper:

Okay, but (1) what about killing someone for rejecting a way of life - doesnt that sound galling ? (2) Do you believe in the existence of hell ? If you dont, ok, i will drop the debate. But if you do would you not wonder why it was created ?
I don't.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by PenSniper: 9:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
Zikdik:
I don't.

Farewell.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Zikdik(m): 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
PenSniper:

Farewell.
Same here.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Mavrick2012: 11:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
Macelliot:
That's educative!
You can ask your questions, but note that am not a Bible Scholar.
evening sir,
2kings 16:2 -Ahaz began to reign at age 20,he reigned for 16yrs.
2kings 16:20 -Ahaz died,his son Hezekiah took over.
2kings 18:2 -Hezekiah began to reign at age 25.
MY QUESTION:is it possible for king Ahaz to have giving birth to Hezekiah at age 11?
AGAIN
2Chronicles 21:20 -Jehoram began to reign at age 32,he reigned for 8yrs,his son Ahaziah succeeded him.
2Chronicles 22:2 -Ahaziah was 42yrs when he began to reign.
QUESTION:sir,please at what age did king Jehoram gave birth to Ahaziah?
Please NOTE;i didnot quote,i simply paraphrased those verses,so please try and read the verses yourself.
thanks
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2014
Mavrick2012: evening sir,
2kings 16:2 -Ahaz began to reign at age 20,he reigned for 16yrs.
2kings 16:20 -Ahaz died,his son Hezekiah took over.
2kings 18:2 -Hezekiah began to reign at age 25.
MY QUESTION:is it possible for king Ahaz to have giving birth to Hezekiah at age 11?
AGAIN
2Chronicles 21:20 -Jehoram began to reign at age 32,he reigned for 8yrs,his son Ahaziah succeeded him.
2Chronicles 22:2 - Ahaziah was 42yrs when he began to reign.
QUESTION:sir,please at what age did king Jehoram gave birth to Ahaziah?
Please NOTE;i didnot quote,i simply paraphrased those verses,so please try and read the verses yourself.
thanks
Absolutely Wrong!
Ahaziah was 22 not 42.
Obviously, Jehoram was 18yrs when He begot Ahaziah.
http://biblehub.com/2_chronicles/22-2.htm
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
Macelliot:
Another delusions from a confused Pagan!

grin see madman. How am I confused? Do u even know the meaning of "delusion" and "confused".
Illiterate dummy like u
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
shollynoob:

What Faith can be more than this "its has been Written and I believe". I always like to conclude issue like this with this word "Pray very Hard that you will not need the Miracle of that God which you never Believe his Existence"

That is not faith, it's hope.

the Bible God has no miracle in him
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
macof:

That is not faith, it's hope.

the Bible God has no miracle in him

Please answer all these question God ask Job

The Lord Speaks
38 Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:

2 “Who is this that obscures my plans
with words without knowledge?
3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.
4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?
8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,
9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,
10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place,
11 when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt’?
12 “Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,
13 that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?
14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.
15 The wicked are denied their light,
and their upraised arm is broken.
16 “Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
or walked in the recesses of the deep?
17 Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the deepest darkness?
18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.
19 “What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?
20 Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!
22 “Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,
23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
for days of war and battle?
24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?
25 Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
and a path for the thunderstorm,
26 to water a land where no one lives,
an uninhabited desert,
27 to satisfy a desolate wasteland
and make it sprout with grass?
28 Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?
29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens
30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?
31 “Can you bind the chains[b] of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons[c]
or lead out the Bear[d] with its cubs?
33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God’s[e] dominion over the earth?
34 “Can you raise your voice to the clouds
and cover yourself with a flood of water?
35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, ‘Here we are’?
36 Who gives the ibis wisdom[f]
or gives the rooster understanding?[g]
37 Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens
38 when the dust becomes hard
and the clods of earth stick together?
39 “Do you hunt the prey for the lioness
and satisfy the hunger of the lions
40 when they crouch in their dens
or lie in wait in a thicket?
41 Who provides food for the raven
when its young cry out to God
and wander about for lack of food?
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Mavrick2012: 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
Macelliot:
Absolutely Wrong!
Ahaziah was 22 not 42.
Obviously, Jehoram was 18yrs when He begot Ahaziah.
http://biblehub.com/2_chronicles/22-2.htm
LOL @ "Absolutely wrong",my dear sir please quote KING JAMES so that the whole world will know how "absolutely wrong" i am.
sir,remember i earlier talked about using a more popular and widely known sources?you will agree that the likes of king james,NIV etc are more known.
Again,please sir,quote king james.
Also,you were silent about king Ahaz.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by davien(m): 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
ba7man: Aknowledge there's a higher authority that created the medium you're replying me with.....your mouth, brain and fingers or did science create that??

Once u don't aknowledge that, it means you believe there's no supreme force/ intelligence that guides all the complexity of Nature all around you which translates to......."Chance".

If the earth should slow down in its rotational speed, its drawn towards the sun..........if it should increase it, it pulls away from the sun.

Speaking English doesn't automatically translate to intelligence.
lol...i have been too busy with my studies to deal with this dribble of a post....
My mouth,brain etc aren't "created" because you and all theists fail to provide any good evidence for such a notion rather than to use "beauty" and "it looks designed" to profound what you all believe from the start...rather than to study the biological processes and arrive at non presuppositional notions you choose to put presuppositions first then scientific methodology later...that is why many who do this fail vastly....
The reason why i also speak using "words" is because those words have precision....unlike the "kinds" scheme of classification employed by fundamentalist christians whom jump all-over the place...
And yes if the angular momentum of the planet relative to its speed slows down it would infact free-fall into the sun...the fact that it does not do this is because it follows an elliptical orbit that permits it to reach the highest peak of proximity it can before being pushed away by gravitational forces yet again away...earth is merely tethered by gravity...
Yet again tell me the scientist the scientist using "chance" as the cause of the universe other
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by ba7man(m): 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
davien: lol...i have been too busy with my studies to deal with this dribble of a post....
My mouth,brain etc aren't "created" because you and all theists fail to provide any good evidence for such a notion rather than to use "beauty" and "it looks designed" to profound what you all believe from the start...rather than to study the biological processes and arrive at non presuppositional notions you choose to put presuppositions first then scientific methodology later...that is why many who do this fail vastly....
The reason why i also speak using "words" is because those words have precision....unlike the "kinds" scheme of classification employed by fundamentalist christians whom jump all-over the place...
And yes if the angular momentum of the planet relative to its speed slows down it would infact free-fall into the sun...the fact that it does not do this is because it follows an elliptical orbit that permits it to reach the highest peak of proximity it can before being pushed away by gravitational forces yet again away...earth is merely tethered by gravity...
Yet again tell me the scientist the scientist using "chance" as the cause of the universe other
summarize all you wrote up there because if u can't explain it simple enough, u don't know what you're talking about................Neither do I.

Like I said earlier, speaking English and typing epistles doesn't indicate intelligence.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by davien(m): 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
ba7man: summarize all you wrote up there because if u can't explain it simple enough, u don't know what you're talking about................Neither do I.

Like I said earlier, speaking English and typing epistles doesn't indicate intelligence.
lol,yes...speaking english doesn't indicate knowledge....but specific words have usages...
Now to explain in simple english;
You are claiming my organs are "created" can you defend that claim?
You are claiming scientists said "chance" "created" the universe can you point to one who did?
You are claiming the "big bang" is an eruption of chemicals and i have corrected that illogical claim,do you now understand?
Now as of the earth....the terminology i used regarding the earth not free-falling into the sun is physics derived....that-is to say i am using physics' terminology to explain to you...
And that is the reason you do not understand me....you are disussing planetary mechanics but do not understand it.....its as simple as that
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mavrick2012: LOL @ "Absolutely wrong",my dear sir please quote KING JAMES so that the whole world will know how "absolutely wrong" i am.
sir,remember i earlier talked about using a more popular and widely known sources?you will agree that the likes of king james,NIV etc are more known.
Again, please sir, quote king james.
Also, you were silent about king Ahaz.
Only Kjv had the error...
http://www.kjvtoday.com/home/forty-and-two-years-old-or-twenty-two-years-old-in-2-chronicles-222
This link will enlighten you more..
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
shollynoob:

Please answer all these question God ask Job

The Lord Speaks
38 Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:

2 “Who is this that obscures my plans
with words without knowledge?
3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.
4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?
8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,
9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,
10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place,
11 when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt’?
12 “Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,
13 that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?
14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.
15 The wicked are denied their light,
and their upraised arm is broken.
16 “Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
or walked in the recesses of the deep?
17 Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the deepest darkness?
18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.
19 “What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?
20 Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!
22 “Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,
23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
for days of war and battle?
24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?
25 Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
and a path for the thunderstorm,
26 to water a land where no one lives,
an uninhabited desert,
27 to satisfy a desolate wasteland
and make it sprout with grass?
28 Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?
29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens
30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?
31 “Can you bind the chains[b] of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons[c]
or lead out the Bear[d] with its cubs?
33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God’s[e] dominion over the earth?
34 “Can you raise your voice to the clouds
and cover yourself with a flood of water?
35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, ‘Here we are’?
36 Who gives the ibis wisdom[f]
or gives the rooster understanding?[g]
37 Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens
38 when the dust becomes hard
and the clods of earth stick together?
39 “Do you hunt the prey for the lioness
and satisfy the hunger of the lions
40 when they crouch in their dens
or lie in wait in a thicket?
41 Who provides food for the raven
when its young cry out to God
and wander about for lack of food?

Are u sure God spoke these words? Or a man wrote that and claimed God did

1 Like

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Mavrick2012: 11:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
Macelliot:
http://www.kjvtoday.com/home/forty-and-two-years-old-or-twenty-two-years-old-in-2-chronicles-222
Evening sir,
thanks for all the links,but sir,are you sure you read those links before sending to me?
1st you said am "absolutely wrong",yet you posted a link in which king james proofed me right.
When i pointed it to you you said its"only king james",
Again,the link you posted above says "most MODERN translalors".check most "old-school translators",they use 42.
Now,the link you posted above says "most modern translators speculate that the masoretic text is in ERROR".Two points i want to touch.
1)The difference between me and you is;you over depend on "modern translations",most of this materials are using after-thought,ie trying to harmonise the bible with modern science and correct errors(using human knowledge)pointed out by bible critics.while on the other hand,i use "old translation",as found in bible manuscript.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Mavrick2012: 11:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
Macelliot:
2)the link above says "the KJV follows the masoretic reading of "forty and two years" as the age of ahaziah..."
Well,if am to choose,i will go with KJV that quoted the masoretic text which is the ONLY known bible manuscript.
Sir,i think their's an "ERROR" in this verse.even your link above acknowledges this "the masoretic text is in ERROR"
Finally sir,did king Ahaz give birth at 11yrs?
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 3:58am On Sep 19, 2014
Mavrick2012:
2)the link above says "the KJV follows the masoretic reading of "forty and two years" as the age of ahaziah..."
Well,if am to choose,i will go with KJV that quoted the masoretic text which is the ONLY known bible manuscript.
Sir,i think their's an "ERROR" in this verse.even your link above acknowledges this "the masoretic text is in ERROR"
Finally sir,did king Ahaz give birth at 11yrs?
Maybe!
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 4:02am On Sep 19, 2014
Mavrick2012:
Evening sir,
thanks for all the links,but sir,are you sure you read those links before sending to me?
1st you said am "absolutely wrong",yet you posted a link in which king james proofed me right.
When i pointed it to you you said its"only king james",
Again,the link you posted above says "most MODERN translalors".check most "old-school translators",they use 42.
Now,the link you posted above says "most modern translators speculate that the masoretic text is in ERROR".Two points i want to touch.
1)The difference between me and you is;you over depend on "modern translations",most of this materials are using after-thought,ie trying to harmonise the bible with modern science and correct errors(using human knowledge)pointed out by bible critics.while on the other hand,i use "old translation", as found in bible manuscript.
Pls, just a moment!
Where do you belong?
Are you religious or non-religious?
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 4:07am On Sep 19, 2014
Idrismusty97: Any quotation from the Catholics Bible? Why are they always excluded in so called "Biblical evidence" like this? undecided
As in, How?
Elaborate clearly?
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 4:10am On Sep 19, 2014
einstien007: i think u are so myopic in your interpretation and reason or may be you are just trying to help your faith but i consider that you dnt know your bible.
in 1 and 2,it just carbage.
In 3 you claim the earth is not supported by any thing but fail to note same bible wrote earth has pillar and not only tthe earth even the heaven has pillar. job 9:6. the bible also clain earth hahas ffour corner pls can ccircle have four corners? isaiah 11:12, revelation 9:1, jerimiah 16:19
In 4 you said eatth is round or circle which we know earth to be spherical but if i take it as circle. the bible also said eirth is flat, combining the two will give us a disc like form.
The four corner is verbally used to represent the North, South, West and East.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Mavrick2012: 8:45am On Sep 19, 2014
Macelliot:
Pls, just a moment!
Where do you belong?
Are you religious or non-religious?
monin sir,
different people define me with different nomenclature,
some call me a moderate-muslim,yet some call me a scientific-christian(whatever that means),this is because i dont totally criticise the koran yet i occasionally attend church service.
Me?i simply call myself a "rationalist".
I dont accept everything hook-line-sinker.whatever doesnot make sence TO ME,i keep probing until i see some element of rationality in it.
Though i dont totally dispose of religion,sincerelly it constitute lots of absurdities.lol
Back to our discussion,please how possible/rational could king Ahaz give birth at 11?
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 19, 2014
macof:

Are u sure God spoke these words? Or a man wrote that and claimed God did

...that is the FAITH am talking about. Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists...
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 19, 2014
musicwriter:

Obviously, you don't know me.

I'm in better position to educate you. Keep the middle ages believe argument cause that doesn't make sense.

You folks always feel embarrassed when reminded names of great scientists who did believe in God.

And, did I tell you the first men on the moon did recite Genesis chapter 1 immediately on landing on the moon?. Of course you know what that means.

The first men on the moon reading Genesis chapter 1 - 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwI4s97S_fQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5QwuYKIgQ

More details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_8_Genesis_reading

This are facts. And all you have to do is deal with it.

i obviously dont know you.

I dont think there is any atheist or Agnostic scientist that feel embarrassed because a fellow scientist is religious, i dont think so. As long as he/she doesnt interfere with the science curriculum or mixed his religious rubbish with scientific procedures, many atheists or agnostics think for themselves, and they dont care what any other person thinks, seriously i dont care.

But the issue of issac newton being religious is both right and wrong.

He was a devout christian, he wrote a lot of books on religion, but as years passed he started finding data about a lot of things which made him invoke the belief of holy trinity.

But one thing is that i dont see in any of newtons law or theory where he put god in his calculation or mentioned him, i think newton understand that both are not compatible.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 19, 2014
musicwriter:

I don't make argument with folks like you cause you argue erratically. First, what do you have to say about the scientists reading bible on the moon?.

Isaac Newton literally researched Physics with the bible side-by-side and even hinted when Jesus Christ may return using advanced calculus (maths). Of course this's information modern day science don't want you to know, but history will.

Isaac Newton religious views. Details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Isaac_Newton

Isaac Newton predict world will end in 2060. Details: http://opentheword.org/2013/10/16/sir-isaac-newton-predicted-world-would-end-in-2060-ad/

Find the biography of Isaac Newton and read it. I've done so. Or better help yourself with google. You may begin by searching "did Isaac Newton believe in God?". Hope you get help.
its best if you can read all those links well, make use of them
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mavrick2012:
monin sir,
different people define me with different nomenclature,
some call me a moderate-muslim,yet some call me a scientific-christian(whatever that means),this is because i dont totally criticise the koran yet i occasionally attend church service.
Me?i simply call myself a "rationalist".
I dont accept everything hook-line-sinker.whatever doesnot make sence TO ME,i keep probing until i see some element of rationality in it.
Though i dont totally dispose of religion,sincerelly it constitute lots of absurdities.lol
Back to our discussion,please how possible/rational could king Ahaz give birth at 11?

Yeah! It's possible!
An 11yrs-old can produce semen and ejaculate due to early puberty.
http://www.answers.com/Q/Does_11_year_old_produce_sperm

Obviously, King Ahaz came from a royal family and as a prince, he might done so at an early stage due to many circumstances...
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 1:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
shollynoob:

...that is the FAITH am talking about. Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists...

Faith is confidence or trust in the ability/claims of a thing/person
It is a system of belief which creates the assurance of a thing to be true
Example scenario: my brother would obtain all A's because he has been studying all year

Hope is an optimistic state of mind, creating a feeling that something exists or can be obtained

Now using this definitions how does this apply with ur God?
Is it faith or hope that best defines the Christian belief??
To me, I see only Hope and not faith

Even Paul said "Faith is the result of things hoped for"
Meaning until you have received assurance you cannot say your state of mind/belief towards a thing/person is faith

Now what assurance do you have that ur God is real, precisely as the Bible describes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Attacks Pastor Oladiyun Over Tithes Payment / Anti-christian And Anti-religious Memes!!! / Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.