Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story (5853 Views)

Torn Passport: Egypt Air Admits Error, To Pay Compensation / (A Must Read) How Egypt Air Wrongly Flew Me To Another Country, Tore My Passport / Who Has Taken Ethiopian Airlines/royal Maroc/ Egypt Air From London, UK To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by temi4fash(m): 5:45am On Sep 14, 2014
dupeoraf:
This is a learning for all.

I am an entrepreneur that trades baby diapers, wipes, baby formulas etc.

The story line the fraudster gave me was that they got my pin from olx and wanted to buy.

That they are based in Gambia and a air hostess helps to move the goods by airfreight to Gambia.

Order was for 110 cartons of huggies diapers, 24 cartons of huggies wipes, 5 cartons of sma.

The mobile number of the girl named Bola is 09098097297.

The BlackBerry pin is 32305A4C.

Goods were delivered opposite chicken republic at Ilupeju, in front of a closed shop that belongs to Alhaja. The address given was actually 10, Ogunji road, Ilupeju but because the street was busy, she advised that I offload to the shop off the road.

She paid me with fake 100 dollar notes and sent me a bbm the next morning to thank me for the goods and how the dollars were fake and adviced that I should not go to the bank or bureau de change cos i'll be arrested for tendering fake dollars.

Their mobile number is still working as they probably have other people that they are working on to dupe.

The network provider-Etisalat doesn't have their address registered against the number.

The learning is: don't be in a haste to trade.
Ask for bank transfers if you'll be dealing with foreign currencies, and large amount.

The value of the goods is 515,700 naira.

EFCC say the amount is too low to pursue the case.

Police is requesting for 15,000 to issue a petition so as to get the details from the network provider.

The person's name on bbm is Nikky's place.

I'll appreciate if this person can be brought to book.

Your suggestions will be most appreciated.
open a fresh thread for it...
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by otokx(m): 6:29am On Sep 14, 2014
bobolathefirst: Why send a mere 17 year old to Ukraine in the first place...Ukraine that is even having political issues.

The matter tire pesin.
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by kevoh(m): 7:27am On Sep 14, 2014
All I want is the idi.ot that tore his Nigerian passport to be in jail after this whole saga has ended. Don't care whatever country he is just get him to jail.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 14, 2014
This is an insult to our collective reasoning,Egypt airline must be brought to the book.
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by lorRhyMeZ: 8:08am On Sep 14, 2014
I just hope and pray that the NCAA,LASG and all other parties involved would actually carry out an investigation and serve hot justice to the erring side...Dear God pls don't let dem succumb to a few thousand pounds or dollars...pls

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 14, 2014
mideoti:

So cause of political issues that is been over exaggerated...... the guy should forfeit his educational career pursuit?
Common!!! undecided

I never said he should he forefeit career. Eastern european countries are notorious for treating blacks like criminals. he's 17 for crying out loud in another man's country...what stops him from going to a more peaceful country or even schooling in nigeria
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by tempest01(m): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by AndreB: 10:03am On Sep 14, 2014
Even their twitter page @Egyptair is filled with complaints from customers and apologies...They seem to be a very incompetent airline..
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by hakir(m): 10:21am On Sep 14, 2014
The aviation minister should investigate this and if found to be as narrated by the victim then egyptian airline should be sued and banned for at least 2 years from flying Nigeria route. This is an insult to humanity, Nigerians and Nigeria as a country

P
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Melancholy(m): 10:34am On Sep 14, 2014
We now can see that our govt is not omnipresent institution, it all start from u and me if only we can take that bold step to fight injustice, wala! Our govt is always ready when u take them as ur defence and not the other way round. I say big up to that abdul azeez's uncle.
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 14, 2014
There will be no justice until EgyptAir is suspended from Nigeria AirSpace. Enough is enough. If we could defeat Ebola, there is nothing we can not do.
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by gbadexy(m): 11:55am On Sep 14, 2014
I think this thread deserves to be on front page.
I look forwards to the day that I can proudly say I'm a nigerian outside like americans knowing that my country would go to any length to address any wrong done to me.
Our leaders need to know it would enhance their respect in the international community also if they are seen as a no nonsense government that doesn't joke with its citizen.
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Gudiza(m): 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
mideoti:

So cause of political issues that is been over exaggerated...... the guy should forfeit his educational career pursuit?
Common!!! undecided
i'm sure u would know...didn't we hear of foreign students being held hostage?...or should he forfeit his life instead?
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Ishilove: 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
graciousolo: I pray they be brought to book.

U b Ijesha pikin?
Huh? I'm from Ikere-Ekitiundecided
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by MisterLongman(m): 12:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
bobolathefirst:

I never said he should he forefeit career. Eastern european countries are notorious for treating blacks like criminals. he's 17 for crying out loud in another man's country...what stops him from going to a more peaceful country or even schooling in nigeria
When will you stop having this stereotype that eastern europeans treats black people like criminals..... When blacks start misbehaving in another man's country, you expect them to fold their arms and be watching them like morons...... As long as your business is clean and legit, they have no reason bully you. Besides Dnipropetrovsk is a great city where racism acts is very low, I have a friend that recently got engaged to his ukrainian girlfriend but I won't be posting their pictures in order not to intrude on their privacy. And the medical academy is one of the best medical schools in Ukraine and protection of lives and properties of their students is guaranteed...... As for the political crisis, its only ocurring in the donbass region along the Russian border just the same way boko haram is happening along the camerounian and chadian border in the north. All other regions of Ukraine is relatively safe

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by amnestylaw1(m): 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
E-jibiti.
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by baslone: 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
Vessi:
You are an entrepreneur, yes? If I were you, I'd lose N15,000 to recover N515,700.
The scammer could even pay for damages.

It is called 'continuity". After the 15k, they will need extra 7k, then another 3k and another. . . . .

The police will only extort you and by the time they nab the criminal- case turns to the higher bidder between your 15k and what the criminal can afford to pay for his "bail". Your guess is as good as mine

Talking from experience- Not worth it!
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
MisterLongman: When will you stop having this stereotype that eastern europeans treats black people like criminals..... When blacks start misbehaving in another man's country, you expect them to fold their arms and be watching them like morons...... As long as your business is clean and legit, they have no reason bully you. Besides Dnipropetrovsk is a great city where racism acts is very low, I have a friend that recently got engaged to his ukrainian girlfriend but I won't be posting their pictures in order not to intrude on their privacy. And the medical academy is one of the best medical schools in Ukraine and protection of lives and properties of their students is guaranteed...... As for the political crisis, its only ocurring in the donbass region along the Russian border just the same way boko haram is happening along the camerounian and chadian border in the north. All other regions of Ukraine is relatively safe

Point taken
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by 1one: 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
Infact.. They should ban Egypt Air... Ban Egypt Air.. Ban Egypt Air... Ban.. Ohh ok I've said that before... Anything that looks remotely like an Egyptian should be banned.. What utter nonsense... To blazes with the ticketing officer Mr Nazi abi kini oruko oniranu bobo yen.

Didn't the mother of the boy call him to confirm the ticket destination yet the goat was being nonchalant and flippant about the issue... He can take his remorsefulnesss and shove down a skunk's arss..... Rubbish behavior from a Rubbish person....Awon Oniranu Gba... Osi to ju Osi lo angry..

I'm just very pissed.. If the young man died in the process, would his remorse bring him back... Instead the stupiiid airline would be sending stupiiiiid consolatory messages to the family...Infact the building where the Egypt air office is should be bulldozed... Leveled.. So levelled that nothing would be built there again for 50 years.... Nonsense.... Useless set of condescending contemptuous twerps

P.S: nobody should quote me to remove the insults because there are still plenty I left out
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by MisterLongman(m): 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
1one: Infact.. They should ban Egypt Air... Ban Egypt Air.. Ban Egypt Air... Ban.. Ohh ok I've said that before... Anything that looks remotely like an Egyptian should be banned.. What utter nonsense... To blazes with the ticketing officer Mr Nazi abi kini oruko oniranu bobo yen.

Didn't the mother of the boy call him to confirm the ticket destination yet the goat was being nonchalant and flippant about the issue... He can take his remorsefulnesss and shove down a skunk's arss..... Rubbish behavior from a Rubbish person....Awon Oniranu Gba... Osi to ju Osi lo angry..

I'm just very pissed.. If the young man died in the process, would his remorse bring him back... Instead the stupiiid airline would be sending stupiiiiid consolatory messages to the family...Infact the building where the Egypt air office is should be bulldozed... Leveled.. So levelled that nothing would be built there again for 50 years.... Nonsense.... Useless set of condescending contemptuous twerps

P.S: nobody should quote me to remove the insults because there are still plenty I left out
Most of these airlines staff at the booking office are very arrogant...... I remember one experience I had at turkish airlines in V.I.... The dude was just acting as if it was his dad's money that I want to use to purchase the flight ticket.... I was so annoyed that I booked a reservation instead of the flight while I opted for KLM the same day in the same building at adeola odeku.
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by ibe003(m): 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
Our government are the course of all this, just look at how all this useless countries are maltreating innocent nigerians and our leaders will never do any thing, you need to see the kind of embarrassment Nigerian are receiving over ebola abroad. Assuming that our government will use one of this foreign countries to show others example I think they will lean how to respect Nigerians. Let me tell you all this counties know that we more wiser and intelligent more than them that is why they are jealousing us. Problem we have here is only corrupt leadership if not no county can challenge Nigeria. Can Egyptair do this to UK citizen or even south Africa. We need to close their office, so that others will learn. I dey vess
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by 1one: 11:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
MisterLongman: Most of these airlines staff at the booking office are very arrogant...... I remember one experience I had at turkish airlines in V.I.... The dude was just acting as if it was his dad's money that I want to use to purchase the flight ticket.... I was so annoyed that I booked a reservation instead of the flight while I opted for KLM the same day in the same building at adeola odeku.

They are actually, and I really don't know why they are like that, if we disgust them so much, they should just up and leave the country all together.
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by nkkystel(f): 6:51am On Sep 15, 2014
What kind of wickedness is this? Thank God the lil boy didn't die. There's no going back on this, pls take them to court.
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by drumma(m): 8:31am On Sep 15, 2014
That is sheer negligence on the ticketing officers part.... No matter what condition I find myself after hours of issuing tickets I go over every itinerary and I Decode, Encode and Re-confirm the country of the final destination just to ensure I don't take my clients to another destination and my post purchase services is even I keep my lines open 24hours for any emergencies that may occur.

If they don't sue that airline I will simply call them foolsss.... This same airline was where my client's luggage was broken into and his ipad, playbook & Laptop eloped just some months back but that one is too rich to even raise awareness over social media like I advised.

RUbbishhhhhhh

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 16, 2014
mideoti:

Common!!! undecided
Is Ukraine (A war zone) the only country in the world to pursue academic career?? It seems like common sense isn't that common anymore.
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by supercharged: 10:54am On Sep 16, 2014
Phew!! finally Nigeria taking action against discrimination! all those white skinned dirty smoggy poor aR$$>oles should start treating us with respect... they come in to our country making money an yet treating us like sh!yT
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by symbian03(m): 10:58am On Sep 16, 2014
bobolathefirst: Why send a mere 17 year old to Ukraine in the first place...Ukraine that is even having political issues.

And that is none of your business!
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
bobolathefirst:

Getting medicine in Nigeria? Are u kidding me? Not that d standard here makes sense.
As for d case, let the court decide. Those folks messed up and are very wicked.
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
terrimatix: Is Ukraine (A war zone) the only country in the world to pursue academic career?? It seems like common sense isn't that common anymore.
War is in Nigeria too...so?
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by optimusprime2(m): 8:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
Puuuuhleeeeeeaaaaazzzzzzzzze if reporters could not be immune to the inhumane treatment of Egyptians, is it that boy that would be an exemption? undecided
Abeg jooor #wakapass

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

British Airways Or Virgin Atlantic To The UK / Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before / Lagos To Abidjan Road Transport Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.