Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,883 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:29 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (191808 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by joywendy(f): 7:45am On Nov 20, 2014
jauntty:
Aristocrom is an anti-inflammatory eyedrop used to manage allergies in the eye.
drsteroid:
mast cell stabilizers and anti histamine drugs are used to treat allergies resulting to itching and tearing.u can send me a message on bbm if u wanna know more cos I don't intend to mention any particular drug..tanx
jauntty:
There are numerous causes of teary itchy eye, and so there is no magical one-cure-all eyedrop for that. The most important thing is to diagnose properly what the real cause is. Could be allergy, dry eye, astigmatism etc.

thanks guys so much. sorry i'm not on bbm.

was given that eye drop some months back for an allergy but i stop using it after a while though.

it seems like it has resurfaced cuz i wake up itching my eyes in the morning i thought maybe i could just know what that eye drop is for so i can get one later.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 20, 2014
jauntty:
Yea do that.
ok tnx,
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 7:25am On Nov 21, 2014
[b][/b]
Aminzy:
hello doctor, pls someone blind at birth,wats d solution
there are many causes 2 blindness @ birth...the common causes are congenital cataract,some drugs used by mothers during pregnancy,retinitis of prematurity,infections from mothers to babies before or after birth,complicated delivery,ophthalmia neonatorum resulting from lack of proper hygiene during child birth,retinoblstoma (malignant cancer of the eye) etc. A detailed case history is needed from the mother of the child,this wil help wit proper diagnosis.prognosis depends on the cause of the child's ocula-visual problem e.g cataract extraction is required 4 a child with congenital glaucoma and this wil enable the baby to see as a result of the removal of the opacified lens. proper treatment action or plan should be initiated.wil like to know the cause of the blindness and age of the child..Good 2 be back here doing what I knows how to do best.I guess the moderators are on a banning spree cos I don't know what I have done to deserve the ban.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 7:33am On Nov 21, 2014
joywendy:

thanks guys so much. sorry i'm not on bbm.

was given that eye drop some months back for an allergy but i stop using it after a while though.

it seems like it has resurfaced cuz i wake up itching my eyes in the morning i thought maybe i could just know what that eye drop is for so i can get one later.

I will advice u to see your doctor again so that he can examine your eyes again to know if there is something else causing the aallergic reaction,maybe misdirected eyelashes known as trichiasis or other causes.try see your doctor as soon as possible and make sure u encourage facial hygiene by always washing your face with clean luke warm water before and after bed,so that any dirt or dust which might have entered your eyes during the hustling and bustling of the day can be washed away..thanx

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 7:44am On Nov 21, 2014
Iceg:

have been using it for close to a year now...am actually a student,,xo i read
elieve u nid see an eye doctor asap,itchy eyes can be caused by different causes,a proper and detailed eye examination needs to be carried out on you and the right treatment prescribed
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by chymystique(f): 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
drsteroid and other docs in the house.. Of recent a friend started having blurry visions but it doesn't hurt or itch.. So he went to the hospital and after some minor checkups he was given some tablets and eye drops.. For like two weeks now there are no changes.. I ve checked google but no exact medical explanation.. Any suggestion/solution will be appreciated.. Tanxx

P.s The doctor didn't do any eye scanexcept physical examination of the eye
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
chymystique:
drsteroid and other docs in the house.. Of recent a friend started having blurry visions but it doesn't hurt or itch.. So he went to the hospital and after some minor checkups he was given some tablets and eye drops.. For like two weeks now there are no changes.. I ve checked google but no exact medical explanation.. Any suggestion/solution will be appreciated.. Tanxx

P.s The doctor didn't do any eye scanexcept physical examination of the eye
The best thing is to go for a detailed eye examination in a good clinic. They will diagnose and managed accordingly. If your friend is on NL, I cld ask him some questions and give him an idea of wat the issue is likely to be.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by chymystique(f): 4:55am On Nov 22, 2014
jauntty:
The best thing is to go for a detailed eye examination in a good clinic. They will diagnose and managed accordingly. If your friend is on NL, I cld ask him some questions and give him an idea of wat the issue is likely to be.

He went to a good eye clinic.. You should know how most Nigerian clinics are. He is not NLder and not interested in joining.. You can ask me all the questions and I will relate it back to him and reply here.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 8:49am On Nov 22, 2014
chymystique:

You can ask me all the questions and I will relate it back to him and reply here.
What's the name of the eyedrop n tablets? how long has he had the blurry vision ? Is the blurry vision more wen viewing distance or near objects ? And is there any family history of any eye problems e.g glass use, glaucoma ? Finally how old is he ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by chymystique(f): 10:07am On Nov 22, 2014
jauntty:
What's the name of the eyedrop n tablets? how long has he had the blurry vision ? Is the blurry vision more wen viewing distance or near objects ? And is there any family history of any eye problems e.g glass use, glaucoma ? Finally how old is he ?

The names of the eyedrops are AFLACIN and MAXISPORIN. The tablets are finished and he has disposed them already, he could rememeber only the name of two of the tablets ie FOLIC ACID and DARAPRIM. He said it started about two years ago but stopped when he took meds and he can't rem d pills he took back then. Then it started again about a month ago. Its More when viewing close objects. No one in his family that he knows of uses glasses or ve major eye problems except the old peeps and they use it for reading. He is 25.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
chymystique:

The names of the eyedrops are AFLACIN and MAXISPORIN. The tablets are finished and he has disposed them already, he could rememeber only the name of two of the tablets ie FOLIC ACID and DARAPRIM. He said it started about two years ago but stopped when he took meds and he can't rem d pills he took back then. Then it started again about a month ago. Its More when viewing close objects. No one in his family that he knows of uses glasses or ve major eye problems except the old peeps and they use it for reading. He is 25.
Seems like a case of refractive error. But he should also insist on tonometry and detailed funduscopy to ensure the back of the eye is healthy as well wen he go for eye test, not just physical check. Without proper diagnoses from detailed eye test, any treatment would be "trials-and-errors"
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by chymystique(f): 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
jauntty:
Seems like a case of refractive error. But he should also insist on tonometry and detailed funduscopy to ensure the back of the eye is healthy as well wen he go for eye test, not just physical check. Without proper diagnoses from detailed eye test, any treatment would be "trials-and-errors"

thanks for your help jauntty .. He said he will do as you said cool
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by xceptionael(f): 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2014
please my eyes has never given me issues before now, in fact i see like and eagle .... but recently it appears four O.clock at time, especially when am tired, stressed and or looking at one direction for a long time..... please what can i do to correct it and if u don't mind please send me your number to fadelessdove@gmail.com.

thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Tomideee: 1:41am On Nov 26, 2014
hi doc' i will try and state my eye problem as vivid as possible , i pray its not what i think it is

My story
since my primary school days i have been short sighted, although i dont have problem with close stuff up on till now but back then couldnt view the black board from a far distance, i compensate for this by trying to sit at least somewhere around the middle of the class this was about 12 years ago, was in primary 4 when i first notice this, bt years later my distance of clearity or say the distance from where i could see the board kept decreasing, i went from sitting at the middle to the core front before i could see the board clearly, i just had to struggle with note taking and drawing diagram from the board, but during this period my immediate senior brother was diagnoise with myopia and was given a -3 glasses' i tested the glasses and was suprise how sharp and clear the world really is .
by 2011 i was done with secondary school , didnt write the jamb for that year so i was at home during this period i brought a desktop computer, with an estimated use of atleast 9 hours without break for 3 years, i notice a huge decrease of sharpness withing this period plus my vision started getting blurry occationally in the morning when i use it over night with less sleep. But by january this year the blurriness was permanent and i notice i cant recognise faces accept the person is close, i decided to cut down on my heavy computer usuage and get enough sleep but yet the blurriness wont go away except if i use my brother's -3 myopia glasses.
Finally now i have started noticing "Floaters' 2 quite large cobweb like thing and small tiny ones in my vision .

Some of what i notice
- my vision get quite sharp if i woke up in the middle of the night .

- i once had an injury on my right eye were a single broom pinched my eyes ( i was about 12 then ) and i couldnt open the eye, when i finally open it, it was cloudy and watery for almost a day

- my near vision is completely okay

- if i stare at bulds or lamps, it seems to be brighter and sometimes i get uncomfortable staring the at light from my phone when i adjust it to full brightness

Family history

- I have two uncles from my dads side diagnose with glaucoma ( my worst fear )

- my dad is longsighted ( he is using glasses for close work and reading )

-my mum is midly shortsighted

- my senior brother is also shortsighted ( although without blurriness )

please what might be my own problem?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by joywendy(f): 6:37am On Nov 26, 2014
drsteroid:
I will advice u to see your doctor again so that he can examine your eyes again to know if there is something else causing the aallergic reaction,maybe misdirected eyelashes known as trichiasis or other causes.try see your doctor as soon as possible and make sure u encourage facial hygiene by always washing your face with clean luke warm water before and after bed,so that any dirt or dust which might have entered your eyes during the hustling and bustling of the day can be washed away..thanx

alright thanks alot for the advice am in school now though maybe when i get home for the xmas break i will visit my doctor. i really appreciate smiley
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
xceptionael:
please my eyes has never given me issues before now, in fact i see like and eagle .... but recently it appears four O.clock at time, especially when am tired, stressed and or looking at one direction for a long time..... please what can i do to correct it and if u don't mind please send me your number to fadelessdove@gmail.com.

thanks.
I don't understand ur post. Send me an email.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
Tomideee:
hi doc' i will try and state my eye problem as vivid as possible , i pray its not what i think it is

My story
since my primary school days i have been short sighted, although i dont have problem with close stuff up on till now but back then couldnt view the black board from a far distance, i compensate for this by trying to sit at least somewhere around the middle of the class this was about 12 years ago, was in primary 4 when i first notice this, bt years later my distance of clearity or say the distance from where i could see the board kept decreasing, i went from sitting at the middle to the core front before i could see the board clearly, i just had to struggle with note taking and drawing diagram from the board, but during this period my immediate senior brother was diagnoise with myopia and was given a -3 glasses' i tested the glasses and was suprise how sharp and clear the world really is .
by 2011 i was done with secondary school , didnt write the jamb for that year so i was at home during this period i brought a desktop computer, with an estimated use of atleast 9 hours without break for 3 years, i notice a huge decrease of sharpness withing this period plus my vision started getting blurry occationally in the morning when i use it over night with less sleep. But by january this year the blurriness was permanent and i notice i cant recognise faces accept the person is close, i decided to cut down on my heavy computer usuage and get enough sleep but yet the blurriness wont go away except if i use my brother's -3 myopia glasses.
Finally now i have started noticing "Floaters' 2 quite large cobweb like thing and small tiny ones in my vision .

Some of what i notice

- i once had an injury on my right eye were a single broom pinched my eyes ( i was about 12 then ) and i couldnt open the eye, when i finally open it, it was cloudy and watery for almost a day

- if i stare at bulds or lamps, it seems to be brighter and sometimes i get uncomfortable staring the at light from my phone when i adjust it to full brightness

Family history

You have either mild or high myopia. High Myopia is a risk for both glaucoma and retina degenerations which can result in floaters. So in summary : See an eye doctor, get a detailed eye examination and start management as soon as possible.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Joodaaa(m): 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2014
At ANELPAT MEDICAL COMPANY LTD, we not only bring the best quality of Modern Medical Technologies to your doorsteps,we also offer the best Equipment Servicing&After Sales Services. Our Customer Service is unique &SMART. For your LABORATORY,DENTAL,RENAL,FERTILTY,EEG,ECG,IVD,OPHTHALMOLOGY, ICU, X-RAY &ULTRASOUND Equipment,ANELPAT MEDICAL COMPANY LIMITED remains your best bet. Call 08138107982, 07038107257&visit www.anelpatgroup.com to know more.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
Tomideee:

My story

Some of what i notice

Family history

wot a nice and detailed case history.let me just add little 2 what jaunty has sed.does it means dat since u started experincing dos symptoms since primary school days,u have neva seen an eye doctor? I wil advice you to stop using your brother's eyeglasses because it was personally made for him afta a thorough eye examination on him.u may think u re ok and can see clearly with it,but its really not good for you cos your refractive status may not be the same with your brother's own..floaters can be as a result of serious problem within the tissues of the eyes or just a normal and self limiting physiological process..I wil advice u 2 see an eye doctor asap 4 a detailed eye examination..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
xceptionael:

thanks.
u re havin intermittent tropia. It may require orthoptic trainin. Meet an eye doc whose specialized in orthoptics
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:52am On Dec 03, 2014
d dr steroid nd dr jaunty pls i nid a place for solo practice. Pls if u cn link me up in d place u wrk wld b very greatful. Supposed to start on monday 8th. D one i saw was only approved for jst one person nd it came to my notice nt long while i wz stil writtin exams which i finished last saturday. Pls i m in dire need wld b greatful if u cn hlp me out its urgent tnx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Odunayaw(m): 9:39am On Dec 03, 2014
please sir....a lotion poured in my right eye and my vision has been degrading to blurry vision...and now it is diverging...pls help me.....(just lyk 4'0clock at tyms)....pls respond asap...gmail: ogunnaikeodunayo2@gmail.com
whatsapp numba;08130683206
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Odunayaw(m): 10:42am On Dec 03, 2014
is bilberry readily available in Nigeria
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by dunhill20: 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
Odunayaw:
is bilberry readily available in Nigeria
it does not grow in Nigeria. But it is found in eyebrite. A product from swissgarde. For more info, search for eyebrite www.swissgardedistributorph..com or whatsapp 08136478517
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
Odunayaw:
please sir....a lotion poured in my right eye and my vision has been degrading to blurry vision...and now it is diverging...pls help me.....(just lyk 4'0clock at tyms)....pls respond asap...gmail: ogunnaikeodunayo2@gmail.com
whatsapp numba;08130683206
gud pm..wen exactly did the lotion poured into your eyes and have you seen a doctor before? In cases of any splash or foreign body in the eye,the first step is to get a clean water and flush properly before seeing an eye doctor asap.please don't try use any self medication cos am suspecting involvement of the cornea which really need a professional care..beta still you can talk to me through whatsapp or bbm so I can really get a clear picture of the real problem 4 proper diagnosis.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2014
optm:
d dr steroid nd dr jaunty pls i nid a place for solo practice. Pls if u cn link me up in d place u wrk wld b very greatful. Supposed to start on monday 8th. D one i saw was only approved for jst one person nd it came to my notice nt long while i wz stil writtin exams which i finished last saturday. Pls i m in dire need wld b greatful if u cn hlp me out its urgent tnx
do u stay in lagos?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jayuuk: 2:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
Dr,my bp got high,my eye nerves busted,i hv blood covering my eyes,i hv seen a doctor,was given hypo tear gel and zaditen but the blood isnt clearing out,what else can be done please.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
drsteroid:
do u stay in lagos?
no i dnt bt i hv sm one i cn stay wit in surulere
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2014
jayuuk:
Dr,my bp got high,my eye nerves busted,i hv blood covering my eyes,i hv seen a doctor,was given hypo tear gel and zaditen but the blood isnt clearing out,what else can be done please.
firstly,I wil like to know how old you are,and since when u have been diagnosed of having high blood pressure and when the incident happend?..4rm the drug history,zaditen and hypotears are not vasoconstrictor which can be used 4 congestion or hyperemic eyes,rather they are antihistamine/mast cell stabilizer while hpotears is an artificial tear used to relieve px suffering 4rm allergic or dry eyes...a thorough examination such as slitlamp biomicroscopy and ophthalmoscopy is required to assess the tissue of your eyes including the retina vessels to check 4 leaky or ruptured vessels which might have resulted 4rm microaneurysm and due to the fragility of the retinal blood vessels.This is usally noticed in hypentensive cases over 7-10yrs.Thanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
optm:
no i dnt bt i hv sm one i cn stay wit in surulere
u can send me message on whatsapp so I can hep u wit a clinic around surulere
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:23pm On Dec 04, 2014
drsteroid:
u can send me message on whatsapp so I can hep u wit a clinic around surulere
tnx bt its already late for me. got sm where in benin sha. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.