Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (194136 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by iyimiolami: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2016
Please, my fiance has been on glasses for a while now owing to the fact that he has myopia and he was encouraged that it will control it and alongside, he was given ofloxacin eye drop which i know its antibacterial, what can he do to control it and the right eye drop to use because i realized that the use of atropine can be dangerous. Thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
iyimiolami:
Please, my fiance has been on glasses for a while now owing to the fact that he has myopia and he was encouraged that it will control it and alongside, he was given ofloxacin eye drop which i know its antibacterial, what can he do to control it and the right eye drop to use because i realized that the use of atropine can be dangerous. Thanks.
Good day! Since your fiance was diagnosed of having myopia,the best treatment options are Spectacle lenses or Contact lens. Surgery is also an option.
Please I will like to know how your fiance came about using atropine,and why it was prescribed..cos the drug is not a drug to be used without doctor's prescription and monitoring.. Atropine narrows or close the anterior chamber angle,blocking aqueous outflow which can lead to Angle Closure Glaucoma,which in turn leads to blindness. Hence,extreme care must be taken when using Atropine expecially on Patients with narrow angle. I will like to know why he is using Atropine.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by iyimiolami: 7:35am On Feb 01, 2016
Thanks for the response, he's not yet using atropine, he's at the moment using ofloxacin which is not working effectively. Where can a surgery be performed in Nigeria? Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
iyimiolami:
Thanks for the response, he's not yet using atropine, he's at the moment using ofloxacin which is not working effectively. Where can a surgery be performed in Nigeria? Thanks
I can't disclose such online,you can inbox me. Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by femrd: 1:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
Why is that my eyes ache when I'm walking during a very hazy weather such as those thick harmattan periods.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by niphmmy(f): 8:19am On Mar 03, 2016
ld daughter'
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
niphmmy:
Pls, my 5yrs old daughter's eye bring out water nd ds yellowish stuff called (ipin) in yoruba. It comes nd goes after using eyedrop. It has bin happening since she was 2. Pls what can i do?
Good pm!Is the discharge sticky,ropy or watery...and I will like you to tell me the medications you have given her?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 10:29pm On Mar 04, 2016
femrd:
Why is that my eyes ache when I'm walking during a very hazy weather such as those thick harmattan periods.
I will advice you visit An Eye Clinic for a comprehensive examination and diagnosis.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 05, 2016
drsteroid:
I will advice you visit An Eye Clinic for a comprehensive examination and diagnosis.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by bebe2(f): 1:57am On Mar 05, 2016
Is it advisable to do cataract operation on a diabetic 80yr old.

My mums optician thinks not, apparently it won't heal. I find this difficult to believe, don't know if it's my mum that doesn't want the surgery hence she is making storied up.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:49am On Mar 05, 2016
bebe2:
Is it advisable to do cataract operation on a diabetic 80yr old.

My mums optician thinks not, apparently it won't heal. I find this difficult to believe, don't know if it's my mum that doesn't want the surgery hence she is making storied up.
Its very possible! The sugar level must be controlled with potent anti-diabetic drugs and the Patient must be placed under close observation before the surgery.
Increased blood sugar prevents or delay wound healing,hence proper care must be taken by bringing down the sugar level to a stable condition before the surgery.I have done cataract surgery for a lot of diabetic patients with 100 percent success rate.Professionalism is also a determining factor on the prognosis.Try get a good Ophthalmologist for mama..A lovey day ahead

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 05, 2016
drsteroid:
Its very possible! The sugar level must be controlled with potent anti-diabetic drugs and the Patient must be placed under close observation before the surgery.

Good morning. Thank u for existing and may God reward u for ur selfless help here.
I wanna find out, if cataract makes the eye lenses go opaque and the cataract is removed via surgery, would normal sight be restored once more?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 10:47am On Mar 05, 2016
theoptimist298:

Good morning. Thank u for existing and may God reward u for ur selfless help here.
I wanna find out, if cataract makes the eye lenses go opaque and the cataract is removed via surgery, would normal sight be restored once more?
once the lens is removed and no complication,vision is restored after healing..the Patient may need glasses or any other optical correction so as to give the patient a full correction in the affected eye if their is need for that

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by bebe2(f): 11:25am On Mar 05, 2016
drsteroid:
Increased blood sugar prevents or delay wound healing,hence proper care must be taken by bringing down the sugar level to a stable condition before the surgery.I have done cataract surgery for a lot of diabetic patients with 100 percent success rate.Professionalism is also a determining factor on the prognosis.Try get a good Ophthalmologist for mama..A lovey day ahead

Tnk u so much Bro.

My biggest issue is my mum's mentality. She is 80 and can be very stubborn.

There is this hospital in edo state called ogan??
My mum won't go anywhere but there.

Pls can u recommend a place in lagos that she can go have it done. I don't want her to go blind and it's slowly getting there.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 10:12am On Mar 06, 2016
bebe2:

Tnk u so much Bro.

My biggest issue is my mum's mentality. She is 80 and can be very stubborn.

There is this hospital in edo state called ogan??
My mum won't go anywhere but there.

Pls can u recommend a place in lagos that she can go have it done. I don't want her to go blind and it's slowly getting there.
you have to sit her down and tell her the reason she needs to go for the surgery,and try to lett her know there won't be any problem,and she will see clearly after the surgery.You can send me an e-mail for more
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Peddylove(f): 12:28am On Mar 11, 2016
Hello,

My dad has been complaining of not being able to see with one of his eyes if the other one is closed. Just yesterday he went to the hospital and was diagnosed of cataract.

Pls what's the cost of surgery n which hospital can u recommend for the surgery.

I also need your contact to keep u posted, thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 12, 2016
drsteroid:
you have to sit her down and tell her the reason she needs to go for the surgery,and try to lett her know there won't be any problem,and she will see clearly after the surgery.You can send me an e-mail for more

Goodmorning, pls is it normal for vision to be a little blurry immediately after catarct operation untill healing is restored? My uncle had the surgery on Thursday and they said it was successful but his vision is still quite blurry‎. What's the average time frame for healing?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:42am On Mar 14, 2016
theoptimist298:

Goodmorning, pls is it normal for vision to be a little blurry immediately after catarct operation untill healing is restored? My uncle had the surgery on Thursday and they said it was successful but his vision is still quite blurry‎. What's the average time frame for healing?
Vision is usually better after complete healing and with proper administration of drugs..It gets better as healing progresses

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:44am On Mar 14, 2016
Peddylove:
Hello,

My dad has been complaining of not being able to see with one of his eyes if the other one is closed. Just yesterday he went to the hospital and was diagnosed of cataract.

Pls what's the cost of surgery n which hospital can u recommend for the surgery.

I also need your contact to keep u posted, thanks.
my e-mail address is : Edmundo.steroidal@gmail.com
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by zaynie(f): 3:34am On Mar 26, 2016
Good day Doc,
Could you please could you suggest a good eyeclinic that has a pocket friendly health plan ( for family). Thanks.

Secondly, my 5 month old daughter has this yellow sticky eye discharge. No swolleness, redness or itchiness of the eyes observed.
Is it serious? What can I use for it?
Also how safe is breastmilk in the eyes?

Thanks!
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 10:38am On Mar 26, 2016
zaynie:
Good day Doc,
Could you please could you suggest a good eyeclinic that has a pocket friendly health plan ( for family). Thanks.

Secondly, my 5 month old daughter has this yellow sticky eye discharge. No swolleness, redness or itchiness of the eyes observed.
Is it serious? What can I use for it?
Also how safe is breastmilk in the eyes?

Thanks!
Discharge from the eyes is usually a sign of infection,hence breastmilk isn't the therapy for such..antibiotics are recommended for such conditions.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Babsbakr: 5:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Hello Dr Steriod and rummies
I can't see distance objects very well so I went to a government eye clinic.My visual acuity result is
Right Eye:- 6/18
Left Eye:- 6/18
WITTH PINHOLE
Right Eye:- 6/9-1
Left Eye:- 6/9-2
I was told I will need glasses and so I am to come back next week for refraction test. But do I really need eye glasses
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 7:34am On Apr 08, 2016
Hello Dr Steriod and rummies
I can't see distance objects very well so I went to a government eye clinic.My visual acuity result is
Right Eye:- 6/18
Left Eye:- 6/18
WITTH PINHOLE
Right Eye:- 6/9-1
Left Eye:- 6/9-2
I was told I will need glasses and so I am to come back next week for refraction test. But do I really need eye glasses [/quote]You need glasses cos your visual Acuity(measurement of your distance vision) is not up to the expected standard.and the pinhole showing inprovement in your vision,shows that with glasses,your vision will be improved to 6/9- which is better than your entry V.A of 6/18. Try see the Doctor,get your glasses and thank me later smiley
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by etiosa97(m): 6:49am On Apr 09, 2016
God day doc... firstly, am a young boy 17 yr old. about 4 yrs back while i was in ss1, someone stoned me in mah righteyes. instantly i couldn't see and lerra on, abt 20 min lerrs i started seeing with the left eye in black and white and leta coloured vision...due to finiancial crises den, i wasn't able to go to hospital and i solenly depend on eye drops..... about some weeks lerra, the pain stoped and d eye was healed, now one of mah eyes(the one not stoned) is more forcused than the other, as there is this little yellowish scar on the spot. when ever i close the unafected eye, the affected one looks blurry and writings become very small. please is there any remendy as regards this?

secondly.my mum, probably in her late 50's or early 60's is a very busy market woman, just recently she started complaing of one eyes more focused than d other... she have been using eye drops buh no response...
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:26am On Apr 10, 2016
etiosa97:
God day doc... firstly, am a young boy 17 yr old. about 4 yrs back while i was in ss1, someone stoned me in mah righteyes. instantly i couldn't see and lerra on, abt 20 min lerrs i started seeing with the left eye in black and white and leta coloured vision...due to finiancial crises den, i wasn't able to go to hospital and i solenly depend on eye drops..... about some weeks lerra, the pain stoped and d eye was healed, now one of mah eyes(the one not stoned) is more forcused than the other, as there is this little yellowish scar on the spot. when ever i close the unafected eye, the affected one looks blurry and writings become very small. please is there any remendy as regards this?

secondly.my mum, probably in her late 50's or early 60's is a very busy market woman, just recently she started complaing of one eyes more focused than d other... she have been using eye drops buh no response...
Good day bro, from your case history,your case is likely to be traumatic cataract or Cornea opacity associated with the injury which affected your Right eye. Your failure to seek Medical help immediately it happened aggravated the whole issue.
I willl advice you to visit the nearest Eye Clinic or Government Hospital close to you for a comprehensive Eye test,for proper diagnosis and management.
I also want you to advice your Mum to discontinue the eyedrops she has been using,and see an Eye Doctor.
Will be glad to hear from you after you and your Mum's visit to the Eye Clinic.
Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by etiosa97(m): 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
drsteroid:
Good day bro, from your case history,your case is likely to be traumatic cataract or Cornea opacity associated with the injury which affected your Right eye. Your failure to seek Medical help immediately it happened aggravated the whole issue.
I willl advice you to visit the nearest Eye Clinic or Government Hospital close to you for a comprehensive Eye test,for proper diagnosis and management.
I also want you to advice your Mum to discontinue the eyedrops she has been using,and see an Eye Doctor.
Will be glad to hear from you after you and your Mum's visit to the Eye Clinic.
Thanks

thanks man... we'll both visit the hospital 2moro
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by meeky007(m): 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
PLS WOT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF FLOATERS ON MY RIGHT EYE
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by MissCheesom: 9:25am On Apr 29, 2016
I've been having itching eye for 3 days now...it started in the evening like there was something in my left eye...checked and tried removing it but there was nothing in it, had to force myself to sleep.. The next morning my eye lids were gummed together washed it off and the eye was red.. Ever since then, it itches for a while then stops..

Please is it normal or something to be worried about?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:14pm On Apr 29, 2016
meeky007:
PLS WOT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF FLOATERS ON MY RIGHT EYE
Please go for an eye exam to ascertain the cause of your experiencing floaters
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
MissCheesom:
I've been having itching eye for 3 days now...it started in the evening like there was something in my left eye...checked and tried removing it but there was nothing in it, had to force myself to sleep.. The next morning my eye lids were gummed together washed it off and the eye was red.. Ever since then, it itches for a while then stops..

Please is it normal or something to be worried about?
it isn't normal .Go meet your eye doc for treatment; most likely it's an eye infection you are having
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by meeky007(m): 7:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
optm:
Please go for an eye exam to ascertain the cause of your experiencing floaters
I WAS HIT IN D EYE, IS THERE NO DRUG OR SOLUTION SO DAT IT CAN STOP
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:42pm On Apr 29, 2016
meeky007:
I WAS HIT IN D EYE, IS THERE NO DRUG OR SOLUTION SO DAT IT CAN STOP
yours should even be handled as a matter of urgency. make out time tomorrow nd see your eye Dr

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.