Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (193685 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
neeyah212:
Can you please recommend a good ophthalmologist in Ibadan? My dad has diabetes and has developed cataracts but the ophthalmologist he has been seeing keeps telling him to wait till it gets ripe but his vision keeps getting worse. I think a second opinion is needed because he can barely see with his left eye now.
cataract can be removed wen it starts interfering wit ur ability in carrying out your daily activities efficiently. dont know the reason why your ophthalmologist is asking him to wait wen it's a thing of concern to him now. waitin fr it to get mature doesnt seem a gd enough reason to me. and i hope hez been able to examine d posterior segment of d eye al these while irrespective of d cataract to ensure there isn't any associated pathology dat could damage vision aswell. # if you aint too comfortable, it's good u seek a second opinion elsewhere . hope ur dad has good control of his blood sugar ? hope he gets d best in treatment. sorry i do not have any ophthalmologist i can refer you to in ibadan.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by NNAMDIII(m): 3:15am On Aug 29, 2017
optm:
it can b corrected wit glasses but it can't be cured #if dts wht u intended askin
Sir please what i meant by corrected is if i can stop using the glasses after some time since it's just my right eye that's short sighted
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by neeyah212(f): 7:45am On Aug 29, 2017
optm:
cataract can be removed wen it starts interfering wit ur ability in carrying out your daily activities efficiently. dont know the reason why your ophthalmologist is asking him to wait wen it's a thing of concern to him now. waitin fr it to get mature doesnt seem a gd enough reason to me. and i hope hez been able to examine d posterior segment of d eye al these while irrespective of d cataract to ensure there isn't any associated pathology dat could damage vision aswell. # if you aint too comfortable, it's good u seek a second opinion elsewhere . hope ur dad has good control of his blood sugar ? hope he gets d best in treatment. sorry i do not have any ophthalmologist i can refer you to in ibadan.
Thanks for the response. He has been maintaining a healthy diet and he uses his insulin religiously. We will try to get a second opinion as soon as we find an ophthalmologist we can trust. Thanks and may God bless you.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:00am On Aug 29, 2017
neeyah212:

Thanks for the response. He has been maintaining a healthy diet and he uses his insulin religiously. We will try to get a second opinion as soon as we find an ophthalmologist we can trust. Thanks and may God bless you.
Amen...thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:12am On Aug 29, 2017
NNAMDIII:
Sir please what i meant by corrected is if i can stop using the glasses after some time since it's just my right eye that's short sighted
no u'll have to religiously use ur glasses. some persons re fond of not using their glasses . dey try to manage d eye even if dey c better puttin on their glasses. d truth is if they continue lyk dis over a prolonged period of tym, glasses wldnt b able to help dem see clearly as it ought to have later on. i advise, u use ur glasses regularly nd sorry , u wld hv to use it al thru altho ur prescription may change over tym
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by NNAMDIII(m): 10:16pm On Aug 29, 2017
optm:
no u'll have to religiously use ur glasses. some persons re fond of not using their glasses . dey try to manage d eye even if dey c better puttin on their glasses. d truth is if they continue lyk dis over a prolonged period of tym, glasses wldnt b able to help dem see clearly as it ought to have later on. i advise, u use ur glasses regularly nd sorry , u wld hv to use it al thru altho ur prescription may change over tym
Ok sir, but can i do eye surgery for the short sightedness? cry
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Dotmanroy(m): 5:13am On Aug 30, 2017
How Can You Reduce Your Risk of Glaucoma?

Glaucoma is a common eye disorder, often associated with aging. It mostly occurs in persons over age 35, with increasing incidence among the elderly: about 2% of persons over age 40, and about 10% of persons over age 70 have chronic glaucoma. This disorder is usually caused by a gradual blockage of the outflow of aqueous humor, the fluid in the front compartment of the eye. If the pressure gets high enough, due to progression of the disease without adequate treatment, the small internal blood vessels and the optic nerve fibers become compressed, eventually causing irreversible damage, with loss of vision or complete blindness. In fact, about 15% of blindness in adults is due to glaucoma.

If you are over the age of 40 and if you have a family history of glaucoma, you should have a complete eye exam with an eye doctor every one to two years. If you have health problems such as diabetes or a family history of glaucoma or are at risk for other eye diseases, you may need to visit your eye doctor more frequently.
To start to improve and prevent glaucoma try Greenlife Herbal Solution ( I-clear). I-clear offers hope for keeping glaucoma and cataract under control.

I-Clear is a renowned ancient Chinese herbal formula used for improving vision. It is used for easily-tired eyes, light or wind feared eyes, blurred eyes, easily-tearing eyes, red or dry eyes

It treats such eye diseases as glaucoma & cataract, foreign body sensation in the eye & photophobia, blurring of vision, tearing against wind, conjunctive congestion with pain and swelling of eyes, dizziness and blurred vision, constipation with dry stool and yellow urine. Replenishes liver & kidney, nourishes liver blood, sedates liver heat & dampness, benefits the eyes & vision problems, including dry eyes, red & itching eyes, poor eyesight.

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:32am On Aug 30, 2017
NNAMDIII:
Ok sir, but can i do eye surgery for the short sightedness? cry
yes u can do a refractive surgery for correction / reduction of refractive errors ...there re also complications that can result from such procedure and besides the technology is stil in its infancy in Nigeria and just a few clinic carry out such .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by NNAMDIII(m): 9:37am On Aug 30, 2017
optm:
yes u can do a refractive surgery for correction / reduction of refractive errors ...there re also complications that can result from such procedure and besides the technology is stil in its infancy in Nigeria and just a few clinic carry out such .
ok Sir, thanks for all your help.

Please can you recommend me to one of the clinics in Lagos ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2017
NNAMDIII:
ok Sir, thanks for all your help.

Please can you recommend me to one of the clinics in Lagos ?
eye foundation lagos
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by NNAMDIII(m): 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2017
optm:
eye foundation lagos
Thank you very much sir, i really appreciate it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:52am On Aug 31, 2017
NNAMDIII:
Thank you very much sir, i really appreciate it
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by dulaman: 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2017
What could be the cause of particles of the cornea. My eyes are itchy, watery and react to sun
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
dulaman:
What could be the cause of particles of the cornea. My eyes are itchy, watery and react to sun
how do u mean particles of the cornea?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by dulaman: 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2017
optm:
how do u mean particles of the cornea?

That's what the Dr. Said. Dot scattered around the cornea. And active coz he dyed them and it dyed.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
dulaman:

That's what the Dr. Said. Dot scattered around the cornea. And active coz he dyed them and it dyed.
i wouldnt know wht u mean by dot scattered around d cornea....about d cornea staining to d dye, it tells d cornea integrity is compromised...u may b having an abraided cornea. what was d solution proffered?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by dulaman: 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2017
optm:
i wouldnt know wht u mean by dot scattered around d cornea....about d cornea staining to d dye, it tells d cornea integrity is compromised...u may b having an abraided cornea. what was d solution proffered?
refered to another clinic
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
dulaman:
refered to another clinic
oh really? hv u gone to d clinic u were referred to? i ll suspect u may b having a superficial punctate keratitis or a simple cornea abrasion as a result of d mechanical effect of ur itching secondary to maybe an allergic conjunctivitis. anyways d examining doctor would know better. keep me updated
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by dulaman: 9:59pm On Sep 04, 2017
optm:
oh really? hv u gone to d clinic u were referred to? i ll suspect u may b having a superficial punctate keratitis or a simple cornea abrasion as a result of d mechanical effect of ur itching secondary to maybe an allergic conjunctivitis. anyways d examining doctor would know better. keep me updated
Scared. Can all these be corrected?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:27am On Sep 05, 2017
dulaman:

Scared. Can all these be corrected?
what eva d issue is, ur examining doc wld know wht to do abt it. dont b scared , u'll b fyn. even d conditions i mentioned isnt really a big issue. fret not
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by dulaman: 5:59am On Sep 09, 2017
optm:
what eva d issue is, ur examining doc wld know wht to do abt it. dont b scared , u'll b fyn. even d conditions i mentioned isnt really a big issue. fret not
The cornea is hazy. I can't see clearly when given me some letters to read. Only read bigger not small letters. Like the letters dim.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2017
dulaman:

The cornea is hazy. I can't see clearly when given me some letters to read. Only read bigger not small letters. Like the letters dim.
ok what did the doc come up with? what were his recommendations?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by dulaman: 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
optm:
ok what did the doc come up with? what were his recommendations?
said it's viral, and gave some eye drops
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2017
dulaman:
said it's viral, and gave some eye drops
ok
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by dulaman: 8:34am On Sep 10, 2017
optm:
ok
but how can virus enter the eye?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
dulaman:
but how can virus enter the eye?
viral what? a diagnosis cannot b termed 'virus'. never wanted to go into details askin alot of questions cos i believe a professional attended to u...i would need to know ur exact diagnosis to be able to enlighten u more
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by towokaffy(f): 4:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
Good day sir,pls I need an urgent answer my 30 months old son has appollo eyes and I have been applying eye drop and ointment and he suddenly can't open his eyes since morning til now and the eyes are swollen .what could be responsible for it. Any remedy pls
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by punchyy(f): 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
Gd day optm in the house,please which antioxidant is good for a very bad blurry vision restoration.thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
punchyy:
Gd day optm in the house,please which antioxidant is good for a very bad blurry vision restoration.thanks.
antioxidants wouldn't stop your blurry vision although it's good for your eye health. you have to go c an eye doc to ascertain the cause of your blurry vision and only then can a solution be provided. There are numerous causes of blurry vision; the cause determines d treatment .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
towokaffy:
Good day sir,pls I need an urgent answer my 30 months old son has appollo eyes and I have been applying eye drop and ointment and he suddenly can't open his eyes since morning til now and the eyes are swollen .what could be responsible for it. Any remedy pls
how did u come about your diagnosis? what drops/ ointment did u apply? i ' ll suggest you take your son to an eye clinic for him to b attended to.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by punchyy(f): 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
optm:
antioxidants wouldn't stop your blurry vision although it's good for your eye health. you have to go c an eye doc to ascertain the cause of your blurry vision and only then can a solution be provided. There are numerous causes of blurry vision; the cause determines d treatment .
Please can I send a PM to you?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2017
punchyy:
Please can I send a PM to you?
yes u can

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.