Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Mentalities Every True Christian Has To Change - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mentalities Every True Christian Has To Change (434 Views)

Question Every True Believer Must Ask Himself Or Herself Each day / CHRISTLIKE SELFLESSNESS - Mark Of A True Christian / Can A True Christian Engage in Warfare ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mentalities Every True Christian Has To Change by chemystery: 1:23am On Sep 14, 2014
Here are some mentalities every true Christian has to change:

1. Leaving a closer church to worship in a far away church: Yeah this really makes me wonder if God is everywhere. Why should a Christian leave a church just next to where he/she resides to another church where he or she needs to take transport to and fro. Please my true Christian brothers and sisters, this sunday, just take a stroll and look for the nearest church to worship God. God is everywhere. Traveling miles away to attend church service is just useless and shows you are attending that Church cos of the pastor, the Church itself or for some other selfish reasons making the quest to seek for God your secondary reason for going to church.

2. You go out preaching with the intention of drawing new members to your church and not to draw new souls to God. I once saw some Christians sharing hand bills inviting people to their church. When they came to me, I told them I'm not a Christian. With no further questions or comments they left me. They didn't go to far before I called them back and told them that true christians win new souls but not deflect an already won soul. They should have taken me as special invitee... In fact, they were all ashamed of themselves that very day.

3. You attend church A and you moved to a new location but refuse to attend any church until you see a branch of church A around your new location. Hmmmmn

4. This is related to number 3. You traveled to a new location, time to pay your tithe you called you pastor in your previous church branch to pay the money into his account. Bro, you are only interested in the matters of your pastor and you church and not the God you serve. Or you have the mindset that tithe is to be paid only in the purse of that man who speak the word of God to you daily. But I tell you that anyone doing the work of God(preaching) is entitled to receive tithes. So give out your tithes to the closest man of God. If a pastor lives in the same street as you, just walk down to his place and pay your tithe. Mind you, it's not only on sundays you pay tithes.

God bless you as you work on this and live a true christian life.
Re: Mentalities Every True Christian Has To Change by Prodigee: 1:45am On Sep 14, 2014
Ok
Re: Mentalities Every True Christian Has To Change by freshness2020: 1:58am On Sep 14, 2014
♈όϋ re right but not in totality!
Don't forget is as the spirit leads, not as the flesh!
God bless ♈όϋ .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mentalities Every True Christian Has To Change by bercarray(m): 2:08am On Sep 14, 2014
lemme jst say ok even though i no read am finish, jst to be d 3rd to comment,2dai be sundai na church tnz go dy make front page.
Jst in case. I'm here
Re: Mentalities Every True Christian Has To Change by Ghydyon(m): 2:31am On Sep 14, 2014
Well said....if only all christain can drop there domination ideology or doctrine and become one
Re: Mentalities Every True Christian Has To Change by braine(m): 3:03am On Sep 14, 2014
Number is subjective to different orientations or preference of various people. Some people brought up in a certain church may want to continue in the same church; thats why you'll see some people spend a substantial part of their lives in a particular church such as them Anglicans. Its the members of the new generation churches who can easily change churches like Op suggested.

A Catholic person cant just attend a pentecostal church just because its near. I hope you understand.

(1) (Reply)

Will Jesus Find Us Watching? / For Spiritual Minded People / Building Bridges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.