Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:24 PM

Should He Come Out? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should He Come Out? (870 Views)

Will He Come During This Advent? / Reasons We Female Atheist Don't Come Out / Babies Who Come Out The Womb With Their Legs First. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He Come Out? by 9jaSceptic: 7:24am On Sep 14, 2014
Good morning Nairalanders, i don't know if i should come out or not below is the situation.
I'm an undergraduate i live with my sister and her husband, they are both good people they pay my bills and take care of me, the thing is i'm not religiously inclined like i'm not a fan of organized religion anymore, i maintain an Unshaken Belief In God, i wake up say a short thanksgiving prayer to my creator and i feel i am good to go for the day, but when i'm back home from school i have to go to church sometimes and in the process this depresses me kind of, not that i'm against the practice generally you can practise it for all i care i see it as a way people feel they can connect to God, but i don't feel that vibe anymore i think i've settled with my new belief system now, and i also want peace with my family. So i have never thought of breaking the ice,
So should i spill the bean or not ?

if you were my sister or her husband who is a kind of devout muslim to some extent would you stop supporting me?

and for people who are still dependent on their parents and have expressed their unbelief did you get into trouble ?
Re: Should He Come Out? by HouseOfBalloons(f): 9:39am On Sep 14, 2014
I once read somewhere that the best place to come out as an atheist to an overzealous family is when they are at your table, in your house, eating your food. Wait till you're independent, otherwise play along

4 Likes

Re: Should He Come Out? by mployer(m): 9:44am On Sep 14, 2014
I didn't understand your post too well. You want to come out as a christian or atheist?
Re: Should He Come Out? by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 14, 2014
mployer:
I didn't understand your post too well. You want to come out as a christian or atheist?
He believes in a God, not the Christian or Muslim God.
Re: Should He Come Out? by mployer(m): 9:58am On Sep 14, 2014
musKeeto:
He believes in a God, not the Christian or Muslim God.

Ok, I see cheesy

He wants to deny Christianity and Islam and still accept God?
There is no point coming out now cos he is yet to define the god he believes in.
Re: Should He Come Out? by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 14, 2014
HouseOfBalloons: I once read somewhere that the best place to come out as an atheist to an overzealous family is when they are at your table, in your house, eating your food. Wait till you're independent, otherwise play along
Exactly!
OP, wait till you're independent before coming out.
Re: Should He Come Out? by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 14, 2014
mployer:

Ok, I see cheesy

He wants to deny Christianity and Islam and still accept God?
There is no point coming out now cos he is yet to define the god he believes in.
I believe he's a Deist
Deists believe in the existence of a creator, but they don't believe in any of the religious gods.
Deism holds that God does not intervene with the functioning of the natural world in any way, allowing it to run according to the laws of nature . For Deists, human beings can only know God via reason and the observation of nature, but not by revelation or supernatural manifestations (such as miracles) – phenomena which Deists regard with caution if not skepticism.

Features of Deism:
-Rejection of religions based on books that claim to contain the revealed word of God.
-Rejection of religious dogma and demagogy.
-Skepticism of reports of miracles, prophecies and religious "mysteries".

Constructive elements of deist thought included:
-God exists and created the universe.
-God gave humans the ability to reason.

2 Likes

Re: Should He Come Out? by urheme: 10:59am On Sep 14, 2014
Op just tell us you want to be wayward,
Religion has nothing to do with your state of mind,
You have a rebellous atitude, please control your self
Re: Should He Come Out? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
urheme: Op just tell us you want to be wayward,
[img]http://cafewitteveen.files./2010/10/63031_1485605577335_1149750185_32371760_7271009_n.jpg?w=640[/img]
Re: Should He Come Out? by urheme: 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
Apatheist:

I don't blame you, op is losing direction so any mad man on niraland is free to direct him.

Am out of here
Re: Should He Come Out? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
urheme:

I don't blame you, op is losing direction so any mad man on niraland is free to direct him.

Am out of here
LMAO
OP has been deist for years now.
Please find out the meaning of "deist"

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. wink
Re: Should He Come Out? by 9jaSceptic: 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
urheme: Op just tell us you want to be wayward,

what are you trying to say?
Re: Should He Come Out? by alentyno: 5:25am On Sep 15, 2014
Smh for op. If only you knew!
Re: Should He Come Out? by 9jaSceptic: 3:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
alentyno: Smh for op. If only you knew!

That?

(1) (Reply)

Why Catholics Pray THROUGH Saints / Shiloh 2014, "Heaven On Earth" / "Did Jesus Really Exist? Is There Any Historical Evidence Of Jesus Christ?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.